Final Fantasy XV

Nov 02

Nov 02

PlayStation at Icer Air This Weekend

Abigail Murphy's Avatar Posted by PR Manager, PlayStation Network

PlayStation at Icer Air This Weekend
Have any plans this weekend?

It doesn’t snow in San Francisco, but that’s the place to be to see competitive snowboarding, ski jumps, and to get hands-on with cool, new and upcoming PlayStation games.

PlayStation has two gaming tents set up at this weekend’s Icer Air event, featuring titles like Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground and SingStar Amped. The tents will also allow attendees access to our latest PSP game that is launching next week: SOCOM: Tactical Strike. Also, check out PLAYSTATION Network’s PAIN (very popular with the extreme sports fans at the PlayStation Pro).

So in between witnessing wakeboarding in McCovey Cove, pro skate competition on the PlayStation vert ramp (San Francisco is the city where Tony Hawk pulled off the first-ever 900), and seeing Mos Def & Talib Kweli perform – drop by and see us!

And we’ve got a special code for you PlayStation fans – type in promotion code “ia07psp” (without the quotes) and receive a special Underground Member discount for $10.00 off all tickets Saturday and Sunday. Click here for tickets and more info.

PlayStation at Icer Air This WeekendPlayStation at Icer Air This Weekend

Add Your Own

Voozi said:

November 2nd, 1:56 pm

oh sick event, wish they had stuff like that here in jersey cause i snowboard myself, good luck at the even guys! hoping to see a next gen snowboarding game soon! =D

lakaihigh said:

November 2nd, 1:56 pm

this is nice!!! I would like to see talib and mos def… but I live in FL so no luck there. I would also love to try singstar. hahaha. seriously though *off topic* wheres the thread about 2.0?

Peace,
Lh

deadxbabiesxinc said:

November 2nd, 2:17 pm

sweet! i love how Sony is even going through public promotions to get some attention to the Sony brand!!! TV=covered, internet=covered, word of mouth=covered, sports events=covered

Seanscythe2 said:

November 2nd, 2:30 pm

Yeah wow great, whatever 2.0 Info Now Please! This is no longer cute, funny or humorous in anyway what-so-ever. We have been so loyal and willing to wait and wait, I for one am just about sick and tired of waiting. I want In-game messaging/Custom SoundTracks/ and that’s about it. Guve us the frecking 2.0 Firmware. It had best have this in it because you know we want it and you have had an entire YEAR to get it out! Just Do it already!

[…] Aert wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerpt… witnessing wakeboarding in McCovey Cove, pro skate competition on the PlayStation vert ramp (San Francisco is the city where Tony Hawk pulled off the first-ever 900), and seeing Mos Def & Talib Kweli perform – drop by and see us! … […]

Raziel Dune said:

November 2nd, 3:09 pm

i wish people would stop complaining about 2.0 as if it was the magical releace of gods very hand coming down and patting you on the back give it up..

On a Side note nice to see you at sporting events. I wish i could go anything closer to chicago anytime soon? lol

Seanscythe2 said:

November 2nd, 3:18 pm

complaining? No I think we are past complaining, we are now into fedd the hell up. Sony is doing great but hiding what is coming out for this long is uncalled for. I mean just tell us “Hey in 2.0 you get ______! ” fill in the blank sony. They know what is coming they should tell us and give us a time frame, just telling us what we are waiting for would be great.

DrPirate said:

November 2nd, 3:40 pm

Yeah, I’ll add in my part too.

We don’t care about your events. Give us 2.0, and god forbid it disappoints, the fans will have your head.

Everything hinges on it, if they fail to deliver we bought the more expensive console, with botched functionality. In case you forgot, at E3 06, they promised in-game XMB,crossgame chat and everything that makes the 360 great. Even now, it still feels missing, we haven’t got used to the PS3 without it. Give up the goods Sony.

Clover09 said:

November 2nd, 4:27 pm

I was gonna go to this event, but due to no transportation I couldn’t make it. Best of wishes to Sony being there.

BTW, to all the people that say “I don’t care, give me my 2.0 . ” Whats up with that? You guys know sooner or later we will get it and people of Sony reads these blogs, but to demand them things you want is BS, because they can’t do everyones demand at once. Thats what happens when you get a console that isn’t even a year old yet.

Clover09 said:

November 2nd, 4:28 pm

Forgot to say I guaruntee when 2.0 comes out people will already be on this blog demanding 2.5.

edwineverready said:

November 2nd, 4:43 pm

firmware 2.0 will not have in game xmb. mark my words

TheDevilsJoker said:

November 2nd, 5:18 pm

Im with ya edwineverready (Seriously, add quotes to this blog) sonys big trick is ‘ITS COMING!’ but never giving. So In game XMB will not be in it, and everyone will yell at them and spit in their hair.

Also nice photo with the crane perfectly blocking the Coke bottles logo!

TheHakku said:

November 2nd, 5:19 pm

Seriously. I’m sick of all of this “In-game XMB” talk. It’ll happen if it ever happens. If not, oh well.

WHAT said:

November 2nd, 6:45 pm

Have fun and break a leg.

coolasj19 said:

November 2nd, 7:59 pm

i wish houston got some recognition sometimes.

[…] unknown wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptPlayStation has two gaming tents set up at this weekend’s Icer Air event, featuring titles like Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground and SingStar Amped. The tents will also allow attendees access to our latest PSP game that is launching next … […]

Jeigh said:

November 3rd, 2:08 pm

Wow, you guys really get around. :P Aw, too far away. I suppose I’m closer than a large portion of the country, but still too far. :( How’s PAIN coming along? I can’t wait to get my own hands on it!~

edwineverready said:

November 3rd, 4:33 pm

the playstation blog is boring during the weekend.: (

[…] Murphy wrote an interesting post today on PlayStation at Icer Air This WeekendHere’s a quick […]