Overwatch

Nov 16

Nov 16

Sneak Preview of New PS3 Ads

Knguyen's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

We’ve brought back the same pulsating music track (Saliva’s “Ladies and Gentlemen”) from our PS3 brand spots and feature games from our 3rd party friends like Burnout Paradise, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Madden NFL 08, Time Crisis 4, Assassin’s Creed, Haze, and, what you’ve all been asking for … Metal Gear Solid 4 from Konami.

Finally, one little housekeeping note. You all must be wondering why the TV spots aren’t on the PLAYSTATION Store. We’re not just blowing smoke, they will be soon. We need to secure download rights from Saliva. It’s really great to see how much you guys love these spots and want to download them. And as Peter Dille said in his recent post, we’re truly flattered. So, while the legal eagles work out the details, we hope you can still enjoy the spots here on the blog.

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

tails-4 said:

November 16th, 9:25 pm

man i love these ads

greg1184 said:

November 16th, 9:29 pm

You guys have done an amazing job with these ADS. I was considering getting a PS3, but these adds are the final blow. I am getting a PS3 sometime in the near future.

Premonition said:

November 16th, 9:29 pm

Nice job guys, now put those adds on tv channels large and small. escpecially put them during big sunday football games , not all but games that people are looking really forward to for example teams like colts vs pats or something, thats when most watchers will be on there.

jonboi24 said:

November 16th, 9:45 pm

Now these adds rock. Hope all the legal stuff works out for getting this on the PSN. I wonder if Sony will be using other songs if the legal stuff don’t go well. I can’t see these ads working without Saliva’s “Ladies and Gentlen”. The song is the bomb.

Darkendless said:

November 16th, 9:46 pm

Hell yea this slays all 360 games. mass effect is a nerdfest get that **** out of my face its all about PS3

KnaveX said:

November 16th, 9:52 pm

Hey guys I just noticed that PSN in a year has made double users Xbox live could do in one, right now psn has over 3 million users, and live in its recent ‘birthday’ has 8 million, making about 1.6 million users a year, do the math. Great news considering “The online titan” that is Halo 3. Whats that? Are you shivering live? What? You want me to tell bill gates to give you a hug?

KnaveX said:

November 16th, 9:54 pm

When was it that we were told the uncharted adds where coming in? Next week? Can’t wait!

AK3515 said:

November 16th, 10:05 pm

i will laugh if burnout paradise gets more ps3 sales than 360 sales, since the ps3 games are scarce any decent game that comes out for ps3 is a must have, it’s only a matter of time before 3rd party developers realise this, go over to develop for the ps3, learn the code, get comfortable, get even more great games out, more ps3 sales, then more 3rd party support, then finally, the win.

BigBoss712 said:

November 16th, 10:09 pm

So sweet to see MGS4!!!

shadow730 said:

November 16th, 10:26 pm

WOW sony im loving the ads keep em coming! this is getting me so pumped, I can’t wait to get my PS3 this Christmas!!!!!

GibbShift said:

November 16th, 10:27 pm

Make sure to air the HELL out of those during Christmas holidays. And Thanksgiving day. If people are sleeping off all the stuffing and turkey with the TV on, Sony commercials airing during their slumber will reach their subconscious. It’s a done deal at that point. Keep up the good work, Sony.

Random said:

November 16th, 10:33 pm

Man, the more variety the better. If people keep seeing these adds but there are so many diffrent ones showing all the great games for PS3 it’s bound to turn a lot of heads, keep ’em coming guys.

[…] Sneak Preview of New PS3 Ads » This Summary is from an article posted at PlayStation.Blog on Friday, November 16, 2007 Hello […]

Stoffinator said:

November 16th, 10:52 pm

Look forward to downloading these on PSN.

Se7enwolf said:

November 16th, 10:53 pm

The Sony Super computer is coming out with its fists ready.

If you guys can, try to put that full one min commercial that shows everything from games, to home, PSN, and blu-ray, on tv to. trust me, 30 seconds is not enough to. People want more without waiting for another commercial. It will be money well spent.

Though you are airing these commercials alot which is great! keep it up.

Se7enwolf said:

November 16th, 10:55 pm

These commercials make the Wii and 360 ads look pathetic.

Se7enwolf said:

November 16th, 10:57 pm

Oh and also dont forget to air these on prime time channels to like Fox, NBC, CBN, CW, USA, and ABC. As many channels as you can doing all the big shows and kids/teen shows.

Sneak Preview of New PS3 Ads said:

November 16th, 11:12 pm

[…] See more… […]

Zaku said:

November 16th, 11:20 pm

Throughout the year, my main gripe with the PS3 wasn’t the PS3 itself but the advertising behind it to the public. You’ll have really turned that around. Love the new ads you’ll have been cranking out not only on TV, but in magazines as well. Keep it up. Also, great choice on the music as well cause everytime the commercials come on, I start bobbing my head to the music :D

Strik98 said:

November 16th, 11:36 pm

AWESOME!!!!!!! GREAT JOB SONY

TheApprentice said:

November 16th, 11:42 pm

Thats amazingly great guys….
Great Great Job!

And gald you guys are bringing this to the store…

Can’t wait til I crank that up in 720p or 1080p with full 5.1 surround of Saliva’s great song :D :D

expy said:

November 16th, 11:48 pm

Love this new marketing campaign. The ads are just spectacular!

Shortbob said:

November 16th, 11:55 pm

If I didn’t have a playstation it makes me want too go buy one. Great Job guys!

lostboy85 said:

November 16th, 11:55 pm

This is a great ad campaign. i hope SCEA sticks with it. id love to see the Ratchet and Clank ad on the PSstore

Clover09 said:

November 16th, 11:56 pm

Awesome ads!
Can’t wait to see how you guys churn out the LBP ad whenever you guys think about showing it off becasuse that game is pure eye candy.

BTW I got a question and hopefully it can be answered, when I go on this site on my PS3 I can’t view the videos and I also can’t log in on my PS3 to this blog because when I try to attempt to log in my PS3 completely freezes my system. At first I thought it was only my console to freeze when trying to log on, but come to find out this happend on every PS3 I attempted this on. So my question is will this blog sometime down the road be incorporated on the PS3 so these problems don’t occur?

redDragon said:

November 16th, 11:56 pm

Lovin’ these ads. Great rocking music and great games! Thats the way to show off the system!!

You guys got some Uncharted TV spots for the US as well? And how about for Haze coming out December?

Agriel said:

November 17th, 12:08 am

great job on those ads. Thats just what the PS3 needs going into the holiday season, the focus on MGS4 was a great idea also

LocoKing said:

November 17th, 12:10 am

That was great :D

watchyourmind said:

November 17th, 12:19 am

I forget to add to my previous post. Air the heck out this marketing campaign, it’s wicked!

Dew87 said:

November 17th, 12:22 am

Excellent ads. Finally you guys are turning it around and marketing the PS3 properly. Now PLEASE bring these ads to the UK! I see new 360, Wii and DS ads on tv all the time. The ‘This is living (on crack)’ ads here makes me sick. Get rid of them! Honestly they suck, they make no sense. I wanna see these awesome PS3 ads. You’re gaining a nice momentum, don’t hold back.
Keep it up!

[…] EatFeats (competitive eating news and database) wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerpt Hello everyone. When we last spoke, I posted some ads for PS3 third-party heavy hitters Assassin’s Creed and Call of Duty 4. Well, as promised, we have more up our sleeves and have a couple more spots to debut for you all before they officially air the week of November 19th. We’ve brought back the same pulsating music track (Saliva’s “Ladies and Gentlemen”) from our PS3 brand spots and feature games from our 3rd party friends like Burnout Paradise, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Madden NFL 08 […]

osirisomeomi said:

November 17th, 12:54 am

Nice ads. I’d like to make ads lke those myself someday. Might apply for an internship at Sony Marketing, you guys seem to have things together.
Good luck with the campaign.

Cerberus_Hunter said:

November 17th, 12:58 am

Again, Nice ads.. Now put them everywhere 24/7 !

CastlevaniaX said:

November 17th, 12:59 am

Great Ads. MGS4 looks awesome as usual. I liked the way Vamp took off his coat.

I believe a new ad will come soon and it’s going to be an offical one …well, kind of.

azad_champ said:

November 17th, 1:26 am

Awesome ads. Now go to SCEE and tell them to stop with the weird ads and show this instead. I like the first ad with the PS3 turning into PS3 exclusives. Well done!

Ric_Flair said:

November 17th, 1:57 am

@74

The PS3 currently supports Flash 6 and I believe you have to have at least v7 to view the sweet videos on PS.com. Let’s hope this will be upgraded in a future firmware release.

Johnny Sasaki said:

November 17th, 2:18 am

MGS4!!!!!!!

WHAT said:

November 17th, 2:30 am

I think you should change the starting at 399 to now available at $399.

Alpha_89 said:

November 17th, 3:03 am

Wow looks very good. I hope they are going to improve the commercials in Europe because sony is getting its ass kicked by xbox… Every ps3 commercial I see I see 4 xbox commercials after it….

T_Tokyo said:

November 17th, 3:07 am

Two thumbs up to your new marketing campaign. Keep it up

lyfestory said:

November 17th, 3:08 am

havent seen a bad showing of MGS4.. definitely a must-have game for the PS3.. great ads tho… hopefully they will get non-PS3 owners psyched and wanting one for their gaming/entertainment needs & wants..

Herlock said:

November 17th, 3:10 am

Why yu dont this pub in Europe ?

StoneFreedom said:

November 17th, 3:15 am

I loved both, nice job kim

but in my opinion you ought to push also with commercials only for uncharted. It’s the best tech showcase for the PS3 so far. Morover, the game had some nice reviews, it’s unfortunate that only a few know it out of the boards. It’s a potential hit, but it’s still in the shadows

Pushing on the FREE online gaming experience would be another good idea imho

Rogerjak said:

November 17th, 3:24 am

great ads indeed

ozzyuno said:

November 17th, 4:03 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PS3!!!!!

Wolfer_CZ said:

November 17th, 4:47 am

Made these also a Europe ads… Those “This is living” are so annoying, i want to shoot the one who got this idea to make them…. No one likes them here

geosautus said:

November 17th, 4:57 am

You NEED to put these new adverts out in Europe.The advert running here now is horrible (the one where they put a dog into a machine and it transforms. “This is living [DELETED]” It’s absolutely terrible!)

KnaveX said:

November 17th, 5:33 am

@87 (what)

They can’t change that because then consumers won’t know that they also have the 80gb option if they want more, it starts at 399 but there’s also the 499 option.

rofldings said:

November 17th, 5:36 am

You guys need to show some Unreal Tournament 3, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13, etc

in your next commercials! UT3 would be great for PC fans who don’t want to upgrade their PC (like me) and will buy a PS3 for it, much more cost effective (and keyboard and mouse support + mods) – Final Fantasy is just … yeah, people will always eat it! :)