Final Fantasy XV

Nov 20

Nov 20

PlayStation Store for PC Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Downloadable Games
* Syphon Filter Combat Ops ($9.99)

UMD Legacy Titles
* WipeOut Pure ($14.99)
* Gangs of London ($19.99)

PS one Classics
* Spyro the Dragon ($5.99)
* Twisted Metal 2 ($5.99)
* Castlevania Symphony of the Night ($9.99)
* Hot Shots Golf 2 ($5.99)
* CoolBoarders ($5.99)
* WipEout ($5.99)
* Destruction Derby ($5.99)
* 2Xtreme ($5.99)
* Jet Moto ($5.99)
* Rally Cross ($5.99)
* Jumping Flash ($5.99)
* Medievil ($5.99)
* Crash Bandicoot ($5.99)
* Syphon Filter ($5.99)

* (2) Syphon Filter Combat Ops Wallpaper
* (2) Syphon Filter Logan’s Shadow Wallpaper
* (2) SOCOM Tactical Strike Wallpaper
* (2) Parappa the Rapper Wallpaper
* WipEout Pure Wallpaper

Add Your Own

[…] Gaming Today – News for Gamers wrote an interesting post today!.Here’s a quick excerpt Here is the initial content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here. Downloadable Games * Syphon Filter Combat Ops ($9.99) UMD Legacy Titles * WipeOut Pure ($14.99) * Gangs of London ($19.99) PS one Classics * Spyro the Dragon ($5.99) * Twisted Metal 2 ($5.99) * […]

Andronix said:

November 21st, 9:51 am

The site looks good and is exactly what the PSP needed. GRACE CHEN /PlayStation Blog people, can you tell us if there are any plans to expand the store to list the available PlayStation 3 content?

It would be really good if people, even non-PS3 owners, could see all the stuff that is available.

Will it be possible to integrate PS3 user name, and friend’s list, rankings etc, to the site, so we can see all our friends, rankings etc, and see which of our friend’s are playing online, and message them?

good launch!

thanks!

zer0ne said:

November 21st, 10:09 am

nice, going to download the KZ2 and MGS4 trailers for sure.. i did my own encoding of those vids but i’ll see if these ones look better…

oh, and please do an encode of the FFXIII trailer too!

Conch_Bubby said:

November 21st, 10:38 am

When is the Mac version coming out?
Why is the Microsoft base OS given first preference?

LugeZ said:

November 21st, 10:41 am

I thing i wish is that the videos would take advantage of the PSPs resolution. All the videos i downloaded were 320×240. It would be nice to have the high res versions of the videos like the PS3 store has the SD , HD, and full HD versions of the videos. Great job on the site by the way, it caught me by surprise. Thanks

vandam said:

November 21st, 11:46 am

About lame!!! PC get’s support for PSP and the PS3 get’s none. Where’s the PSP demo’s on the PS3 store????

darkiewonder said:

November 21st, 11:49 am

@ Vandam:

why would you want psp demos on the ps3 when it’s going to be out of the PC?

vandam said:

November 21st, 11:57 am

gee i don’t know maybe I don’t have a PC. but I do have PSP. Makes no sence

darkiewonder said:

November 21st, 12:17 pm

Anyone not owning a pc yet manage to own psp and possibly a ps3 is just you know, find that hard to believe.

Riskbreaker23 said:

November 21st, 12:29 pm

when is beats coming to the US store?
ive heard good things about it and cant wait to play it.

[…] Click here to see it. […]

Alex1284 said:

November 21st, 12:34 pm

The new update is sweet. When will the PS3 b able the to download full movies & games?

sedbri said:

November 21st, 1:22 pm

Oh Sony, yet again you have done it all by region. US, EU and so on, each with different content. Why oh why in a global world can you not simply have one Playstation Store so that everyone can enjoy the same content. It will even you money !!

And yes there is more on the EU store.

Gregero said:

November 21st, 1:32 pm

Seriously. Why must segregation occur within an online community. Bad enough that is occurs in everyday life… Why can’t we all come under one banner of men instead of many separate banners, each claiming to have something better. Only when we are all equal can we truly begin.

Demitriw said:

November 21st, 1:55 pm

Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X! Mac OS X!

And don’t Make it for just Tiger and Leopard…

Some People still have 10.3.9….:( Panther.

Valkendorm said:

November 21st, 2:01 pm

Awesome stuff!

On a side note, I had an issue with the PSN Downloader Setup on a french WinXP. The EULA was in Japanese and everything in the dialogs were tags instead of text. Also, in the Windows registry, instead of “%1” I had ##ID_STRING5## at the end of the command line string. So downloads wouldn’t start.

I installed it on a separate PC with an english OS and everything was fine.

Conch_Bubby said:

November 21st, 3:31 pm

@darklewonder
I own both the psp and ps3 and not a PC. Believe it! For my profession and personal computing I own only Apple.

To own a PC means that I have to invest in ‘spyware’, ‘dinnerware’, virus protection this . . .

Trond said:

November 21st, 3:49 pm

I have been playing Beats for 1 hour now.
Its realy good and at that price eveyone should get it.
It has lots of different themes and visualisers.
And the best part is that you can play any song thats on your Memory Stick Duo.

London Studio makes a lot of good stuff.
I hope all you in the US get it soon.

Gregero said:

November 21st, 4:04 pm

Conch_Bubby,

I’m a PC guy myself, but I found your post hilarious. So true is the hassle of owning a PC. “Dinnerware” ah that was hilarious. I have my linux box running now, so next I’m going for a Mac.

Lp47 said:

November 21st, 5:40 pm

Easy to use!!! Thank you for this PSP Store, it’s just what the psp needed.

Razgoull said:

November 21st, 6:04 pm

wow… UT3 IS ………GOLD!!!!!!!

Ultima-Bahamut said:

November 21st, 6:54 pm

Not related to this story but…Can you guys at SCEA please start releasing media(or even CG trailers) for games earlier to build up hype. I feel a large reason why some of the games are under performing in sales is due to a lack of hype. I know that Motorstorm and Resistance both had extensive coverage long before they went on sale, and both games are big sellers(1+mil for MS, 2+mil for RFOM). Also, I don’t think it would hurt to release commercials dedicated to MGS4, even months before it goes on sale.

daviddoel said:

November 21st, 6:59 pm

Why is there no support for Mac OSX?

This is ridiculous.

Trond said:

November 21st, 9:27 pm

So Sony made a download system that only works on Microsoft Windows?
Hehe :)

By the way I love the menus on Beats.
And it looks like Singstar will have something similar: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/20/even-the-menus-are-sexy-in-singstar/

The XMB should have moving backgrounds like Beats and Singstar.
I would realy like that.

Keep up the good work.

[…] more here […]

bowman_snowman said:

November 22nd, 2:22 am

OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX OSX

…please?

rivithed said:

November 22nd, 5:33 am

Yes, where is the Mac OS love? Are there any plans to work on a Mac downloader app or will this remain PC only? Any response would be much appreciated!

[…] Through the Store, you gain access to demos and video trailers, but more importantly, you can purchase PSOne games for your PSP. The full list of what is currently available through the PC version of the Store can be found at the Playstation Blog. […]

Pseudo_Ops said:

November 22nd, 10:21 am

Great Work Sony.

Is there going to be anything available like this for the PS3 ???? Just for Demos / Trailers / Games etc ??

Pseudo_Ops said:

November 22nd, 2:24 pm

Actually take the ” GREAT WORK SONY ” statement back. Once again Sony you have failed. You have a great idea and then screw it up.

WHY IS THERE SOME DIFFERENT MEDIA ON THE US SITE THAN THE UK? WE ALL SPEAK ENGLISH, AND IT RUNS ON BOTH SYSTEMS !!

tmax said:

November 22nd, 5:18 pm

SONY can you please tell us when an OSX version of the download app is Coming.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING ????????????

salsaman69 said:

November 22nd, 7:36 pm

Please add OS X access i know im not the only one so do your sales a favor and add OS X support

Picasso said:

November 23rd, 9:55 am

Great Job. Now if you could only make the PS3 PSN store not so appalling to look at ….

The content is fine the layout on a SD screen blows and who picked those dreadful blues???

You can never go wrong with a black or sliver layout…

B1ack_Mage said:

November 23rd, 1:46 pm

Great start sony.

And also GET THE PLAYSTATION CARDS OUT OR AT LEAST TELL US WHEN WE CAN EXPECT THEM. I’ve asked politely for months, but nobody ever responds, you’re losing out on a lot of money without the Playstation Cards in stores.

PLAYSTATION CARDS
PLAYSTATION CARDS

I hope this will bring it to your attention, thank you

RoAcH2285 said:

November 23rd, 6:14 pm

HELP!!!

I chose the wrong region my mistake and now I can’t view the site because its in Japanese.How do I fix the region to the United States. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

ArturNOW said:

November 24th, 2:22 am

Is is possible to download PS3 demos from PC Store? I habe very slow connection at home and I’d rather download them at work, burn on DVD and copy to my PS3. If not is Sony planning this functionality?

irishplayer said:

November 24th, 6:42 am

im loving the store.. i already downloaded spyro. However i was wondering how often PS1 titles are oing to be added to the PC store.. I’d love to see some of my favorite games up there. Such as FF7, Legend of Legaia and the Chrono Trigger released for PS1

[…] in luck. A few days ago Sony launched the PlayStation Store for PC in the United States and Canada. A blog post made at the official US PlayStation blog states that the following items are available at launch for purchase/download. Downloadable Games * […]

mallow said:

November 24th, 9:55 am

Anyone from SONY reading these comments? Why linux and MacOS users can`t use the PSP Store? :-(

msd said:

November 25th, 6:37 pm

Sorry to go completely off-topic, but there seems to be no other place where this comment might actually be read by someone at Sony.

The Orange Box for PS3 is, according to 1Up*, looking like a complete disaster. The port is being done by EA, and is not up to the standard of the version for the XBox 360.

* http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3164539

This is really a disaster for gamers’ perception of the PS3. Although other multi-platform games have also suffered on the PS3 (Madden comes to mind), The Orange Box is probably the highest profile, considered by many to be a potential game-of-the-year.

Sony needs to do something to intervene here to make sure that this game doesn’t get released in its current state.

PS3 owners are being punished for their choice of system – I myself am wondering whether I have made the right choice. Although I am looking forward to some of the upcoming PS3-exclusives, I can’t help but wonder why I should suffer at all when the PS3 has so much power and potential. The 360 has a great deal of momentum and Sony seem to be standing idle while games are released that make a joke of the PS3.

Goodfella3k said:

November 25th, 7:11 pm

I don’t know about anyone else, but how many people would like to see the PSOne game “Tomba” make its way to the PS3 Store? Sony PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Garcia5 said:

November 25th, 8:18 pm

i dont noo Tomba but they should put the old Frogger and the old Pacman on the PSstore

Garcia5 said:

November 25th, 8:19 pm

not PSstore i mean PS3 Store

Mr.Fusion said:

November 26th, 6:13 am

Why no Mac support? Mac users usually spend money on stuff they don’t need, like my totally awesome slim line apple keyboard for USD$ 50.00… What I’m saying is: we buy stuff!

deadxbabiesxinc said:

November 26th, 1:35 pm

Is there a way for me to use the Logans shadow theme for my PS3 too? Cuz the icons are really awesome, they look very futuristic and matches with my Ghost in the Shell backgrounds! Would love to see themes work for both systems

btutterrow said:

November 27th, 12:03 pm

Thank you so much for the PC store! I love it. Very user friendly, and great content for the first week. Of course, ‘give a mouse a cookie…’
WISHLIST:
1. Version of Everyday Shooter and flOw for PSP.
2. Regular PS1 game updates, especially including RPGs (Alundra, FFs, Chrono, etc)
3. PSP formatted movie releases that are relatively inexpensive (i.e. less than iTunes)
4. PSP Greatest Hits full-game downloads, like you have started, for closer to $10 if possible.

olivespsp said:

November 27th, 12:44 pm

Helloooooo – Mac support please.

djroberts said:

November 27th, 12:49 pm

Downloading from the store doesn’t work for me. Every things I download is an 1KB XPD file. I can’t find any support links, etc… either.

crystalx3d said:

November 27th, 3:49 pm

just so y’all know, you don’t need the downloader to get free stuff like themes and videos. Trust me. I haven’t figured out how to get the demos yet though. They seem to come in some sort of .pkg archive, so maybe you need the downloader to extract them. I’m pretty sure you need the downloader for anything you have to buy due to the DRM.

Terminator_TX3 said:

November 27th, 4:32 pm

I think they should have some kind of software on the Network to play PlayStation 2 games. I personally don’t have the problem but just for those who bought the 40GB version. This of course should only be accessable through the PlayStation 3.