Paragon

Dec 04

Dec 04

Vote for your Favorite Games of the Year

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Like a lot of people, I tend to get wrapped up in the annual end-of-the-year list-making madness. December always finds me laughing at The Soup’s Best of the Worst Countdown, agonizing over my top 10 albums (probably Peter, Bjorn, & John’s “Writer’s Block” at the top. Probably.), or seeing if I agree with the many Games of the Year features. In the spirit of convenience, sometimes it’s nice to just be able to look at a list and vote.

1UP has just such a setup with their 2007 1UP Awards. PlayStation titles are well represented through 13 categories, so let your voices be heard, Sony fans! The voting runs until Dec. 31, 2007, with award winners to be announced in February.

Among my personal selections: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune for Best Adventure Game, Jeanne d’Arc for Best Role Playing Game, Rock Band for Best Multiplayer Game (that was a tough one!), and Warhawk for Best Console Downloadable Game. Make sure you vote… and tell your friends to do the same!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

SS_keyblade said:

December 4th, 2:43 pm

1up’s garbage My vote goes for COD4, maybe The Orange Box

Al2x said:

December 4th, 2:44 pm

Where’s COD4 for GOTY? Is it on the list?

TheDevilsJoker said:

December 4th, 2:44 pm

Warhawk is truely amazing, havent had a chance to play uncharted apart from the demo though. Also cool to see you posting more Mr ‘I read the comments’ person, nice to know you actually do.

DigitalHero said:

December 4th, 2:46 pm

Call of Duty 4 is truly stellar. Its multiplayer component still has me playing.

ISEMAN said:

December 4th, 2:51 pm

Already taken care of, but that place is swarmed by fanboys of the other system so I’m sure the voting will be very lopsided.

B1ack_Mage said:

December 4th, 2:54 pm

Already voted. Uncharted GoTY in my opinion. I wasn’t sure what downloadable game to vote for since I don’t have a credit card or a Playstation Card to buy any of those games. So uhhh where are the Playstation Cards?

Frazz said:

December 4th, 2:54 pm

warhawk and call of duty are my top games Ive played this year.Cant wait for socom confrontation(hint hint find us some info jeff)

Doctor What said:

December 4th, 2:54 pm

Yeah, curse those fanboys, eh? ;)

DigitalHero said:

December 4th, 2:55 pm

@ ISEMAN
The system aimed for little kids or the one that breaks and gives you the red middle finger?

Frazz said:

December 4th, 3:01 pm

I actually dont mind 1up.I listen to the 1up yours podcast every week.they have some good critisim twards the ps3 and some BS.I think they want to love sony though

Stoffinator said:

December 4th, 3:06 pm

Nothing made or ported from EA should ever be on the list for game of the year.

infamous_31 said:

December 4th, 3:09 pm

I voted for God of War 2 for GOTY

NewYork214 said:

December 4th, 3:13 pm

I had a hard time choosin GOTY. stuck inbetween god of war 2 and uncharted but had to chose god of war 2. but i bet PS3 games wont win any. 1up is more 360 fans for sure.

Ebisch said:

December 4th, 3:15 pm

Jeeze, this really was the best year since 98.

foolio_67 said:

December 4th, 3:22 pm

Done! I voted for Uncharted as GOTY.

Traziun said:

December 4th, 3:23 pm

So many great games this year! I picked Uncharted for best Adventure game and Persona 3 for best RPG. GOTY for me was Assassin’s Creed.

Kamahl said:

December 4th, 3:25 pm

i chose GoW 2 as the game of the year, second Uncharted.

aaquib said:

December 4th, 3:45 pm

My adventure game was Uncharted, Mass Effect for role playing, multiplayer was Call of Duty 4, Warhawk for best downloadable, and Uncharted for GoTY.

xberserker said:

December 4th, 3:51 pm

Voted :)

Voozi said:

December 4th, 4:08 pm

1up.com the site overunned by 360 fanboys…dont feel bad though Jeff if magically we see all 360 games on the poll results and no PS3 games ;)

CLauX said:

December 4th, 4:16 pm

Warhawk!!

honestly, i can’t put it down!!

i probably shouldn’t be posting this, but what the hay…

delete if it’s unnessessary.

byrd864 said:

December 4th, 4:36 pm

peter, bjorn & john, love the songs I’ve heard of the record, but still haven’t gotten it. Jeff has good taste in music!

oh, and warhawk ftw!

PsychoEddie said:

December 4th, 4:46 pm

Why don’t they ever add a “Who plays this crap?” or “None of the above” selection and subtract those votes from the total by category? Just because some prepubescent fourth grader at 1up thinks a game belongs on a “best of” doesn’t mean it does. Conversely; I suppose… just because some crotchety old curmudgeon thinks a game doesn’t belong on a “best of” list doesn’t mean it doesn’t, even if it doesn’t.

Equal Opportunity Annoyer

FFObsessed said:

December 4th, 5:35 pm

1up.com is a terrible biased site, but I voted for Uncharted as my overall Game of the Year, it’s a true classic.

StephanKetz said:

December 4th, 5:35 pm

Voted for Uncharted as GOTY. :)

Jeff, on a side note, Remote Play is still not working correctly. If Remote Start is activated on the PS3, it switches on all the time while the PSP is totally off. This should have been fixed with the 2.01 Firmware, but unfortunately it isn’t.

LLAMACODE said:

December 4th, 5:38 pm

sadly
I belive Halo 3 will win
all them xbox360er’s with there predecided opinions.

Lp47 said:

December 4th, 5:45 pm

God of War 2 all the way, it’s not only game of the year in my books but my favorite game ever. Also I just checked the playstation site and i love the new tech videos and the new look, great job Sony.

The 1up game of the year award is voted by viewers not game reviewers, i would rather watch Spikes VGA or wait for IGN to come out with their awards.

I definatley think God of War 2 should be game of the year, and warhawk be best multiplayer of the year. Other’s like Uncharted, Motorstorm and Ratchet all have a good chance for an award.

One last thing, this is to Jeff or a Sony person. I regret buying a gamecube i wish i bought a PS2, but i can’t change the past. But once i bought a 60gb i was able to play PS2 games, like God of War. Now if i were to buy a 40gb i would have never gotten the chance to play such an amazing PS2 game. So i do think BC is important. At least i think it is.

Lp47 said:

December 4th, 5:48 pm

I forgot i just bought Killzone for PS2, but wait i dont have a PS2, how will i play it? O ya i was lucky to get a 60gb which supports BC, but to bad others who buy the new 40gb will be out of luck.

Just putting that out there Sony.

womfalcs3 said:

December 4th, 6:00 pm

Uncharted for GOTY!

So so underrated. I never felt a game satisfy me like this game since the old 2D Sonic the Hedgehog’s and Super Mario’s.

Platforming was a constant thrill, the puzzles were good, and the shooting was plain fun.

illegalprelude said:

December 4th, 6:11 pm

Thanks for this post. Yea, let us Playstation fans be heard!!

im casting my voice and letting the world know the PS3 is hungry and so is the PS Brand!

Aluc said:

December 4th, 6:16 pm

I haven’t played much of uncharted but that or Ratchet should be GOTY. That’s just my opinion.

robbigdog said:

December 4th, 6:56 pm

Okay, so I know that I’m an idiot. I didn’t read the fine print. I also know that my issues have nothing to do with the game per se.

That having all been said, I’m not voting for Warhawk for anything. The DRM restrictions on my downloaded version proved to be ridiculous. My kid couldn’t even play it on the same physical machine under a sub-account.

I think that it’s better not to release a title as downloadable than to release something that’s just going to infuriate customers.

I’m also boycotting future big $$ PSN purchases, but that’s just me.

PsychoEddie said:

December 4th, 7:21 pm

@robbigdog

It cares? What error does it give you? Lemme see if I understand you. You’ve installed it under your/master account and your son is trying to play the same installation while logged on to a sub account and it won’t let him.

ISEMAN said:

December 4th, 7:26 pm

@DigitalHero
Both.

GOW2 certainly deserves GOTY, it got my vote.

Manmonkey said:

December 4th, 7:31 pm

Definitely Uncharted for GOTY.

not-buying-incognito said:

December 4th, 7:31 pm

i’ll have to UNCHARTED only because COD4 online has so many problems….. laggy, and buddy system $ux. and it shuts down a room when a person quits…

moshea22 said:

December 4th, 7:41 pm

without a doubt CALL OF DUTY 4 !,
the graphic, sound, online game depth.

perfect game, must buy.

also assisians creed, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune…

EvoAnubis said:

December 4th, 8:15 pm

GOTY I had to give to Mass Effect. I’m sorry . . . Uncharted is great, but it wasn’t ground-breaking.

Violater said:

December 4th, 8:51 pm

GOW2 GOTY

MrDaBucket said:

December 4th, 8:54 pm

God of War 2

Jackal888 said:

December 4th, 9:35 pm

God of War II and Warhawk.

Johnny Sasaki said:

December 4th, 10:37 pm

Meh, I’m not even going to look at it, as I’ll just be disappointed. I’ll watch Spike’s VGAs for the Saboteur trailer, but I just get depressed when I see what’s raking in the most votes these days…

hockeystick said:

December 5th, 12:16 am

I thoroughly enjoy Uncharted Drake’s Fortune.
Warhawk is a close second.

Lirion said:

December 5th, 12:55 am

1up is pure garbage and should be banned from the internet.

But my vote goes to Uncharted.

angelcurio said:

December 5th, 3:57 am

Offtopic.

When will you guys make the new ads, universe of entertainment, available for download on the PSN?

Jezer29 said:

December 5th, 4:09 am

One word.. Warhawk!!!!

spazzcat said:

December 5th, 5:33 am

Where PAIN…

robbigdog said:

December 5th, 5:52 am

@PsychoEddie

That’s correct. A subaccount on the same machine as the game was purchased on is not allowed to play. That actually IS in the fine print. When I called the PS Help line, the representative quoted the terms of service to me, and he reminded me that I did agree to those terms of service. Helpful, huh? I was extremely PO’d.

pitifau said:

December 5th, 6:09 am

i don’t know my uncharted and my assassin’s creed didn’t get in my home yet, so it’s FEAR and heavenly Sword.

Enedok said:

December 5th, 6:13 am

@#45 angelcurio

Check it out, Sony swapped the last ad company after 13 years for a new one. I guess they own the licence for the black octopus. Maybe to give Sony a small stitch in the back for a farewell thanks they kept it for themselves. Bit sad, because they where pretty cool. Would you mind to bring that on Jeff? Still try to get those ads on PS Store?

PAGE 1 2