Final Fantasy XV

Jan 10

Jan 10

New Super Stardust HD Features on the Way

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Stardust HD

You may have read about some interesting enhancements to European versions of Super Stardust HD on various game sites. Today, the new and improved version of SSHD hits North America.

The ability to build custom soundtracks is perhaps the most noticable new feature. Now you can blast away to whatever music you’ve got stored on your PLAYSTATION 3 hard disk drive.

The scoreboard has also gotten a facelift, and now tracks stats such as how long the hi-score session took, and highest difficulty level reached with this score.

Best of all, these new enhancements won’t cost you a dime. If you’ve already got SSHD on your PS3, simply navigate to the PS Storefront and download the free patch from there. This will upgrade your existing version of Super Stardust HD. If you haven’t already tried the game out, this is the time! PS3 owners can download the new demo from the PLAYSTATION Store free of charge this Thursday and then purchase the full version from right within the game.

Stardust HD

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

lazedk said:

January 10th, 11:25 pm

Super Stardust HD is the BEST game in the PSN – even beats Warhawk.

cmargary said:

January 10th, 11:43 pm

@lazedk

It’s a good game but errr… nop… it’s the best arcade game in the PSN but warhawk it’s a lot better anyway I will not mention why… anyway warhawk it’s a full game and tekken too…

Anyway is cool the custom soundtrack but it will be better if I can play my playlist that I have already in my music…

Meancode said:

January 11th, 1:05 am

Gee, I wonder why Sony didn’t mention the REAL best part of the update: DualShock 3 support. Oh, maybe because they don’t even have a release date set for the US launch.

hngrytgr said:

January 11th, 3:05 am

I deleted my existing game and then went and dowloaded Super Stardust HD again form the PSN store. I have the new features running. The ability to play my own music during the game has made it an entirely new game. This is an awesome feature. We NEED this in titles. I want this for Burnout! Obviously this is something that can be done and done well using the available interfaces . Developers now have no excuse for not adding this to titles! Thanks! I really love that the sound effects are not lost.

hngrytgr said:

January 11th, 3:08 am

I deleted my existing game and then went and downloaded Super Stardust HD again form the PSN store. I have the new features running. The ability to play my own music during the game has made it an entirely new game. This is an awesome feature. We NEED this in titles. I want this for Burnout! Obviously this is something that can be done and done well using the available interfaces . Developers now have no excuse for not adding this to titles! Thanks! I really love that the sound effects are not lost.

Gunwing said:

January 11th, 5:44 am

Cool! I need to get this game! BTW any word on when the PSN cards will hit the US? IGN teased us big time with their we got PSN cards post.

ISEMAN said:

January 11th, 6:31 am

Please in game XMB looneys read this post.

The developer of the game implemented in game music without the need of in game XMB access!!!!!

This feature and in game friends list access are 2 different monsters.

Back on topic, I downloaded the demo. Pretty sweet….may have to drop some cash and pick this one up.

JDPoZ said:

January 11th, 8:00 am

Cool and unexpected gift! Did they add online multi-player?

Athanasios said:

January 11th, 8:14 am

Thanks for the update, SSHD is now that much more fun. Oh, and the inclusion of rumble support (DualShock 3) is nice too!

StalkingSilence said:

January 11th, 8:37 am

@Daimion Pinnock (#37)

Thanks for considering adding Remote Play functionality. It might be tough with the dual analog shooter, but I appreciate you looking into it.
A lot of other 1st party Sony games are getting the remote play treatment. See the full list here: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=166903

Also, I played SSHD again last night after the update and the new in-game music really made it awesome. I never understood the hype behind custom soundtracks, but it really is great. Thanks!

Maxinux said:

January 11th, 10:51 am

the game support DS3 now ;)

drdre74 said:

January 11th, 11:14 am

You don’t have to re-download the game at the PSN store. Last night I just went to the game to play it and i got a message saying the game needed to be updated to play and I hit OK and it did the install for me without me going to the store.

EvoAnubis said:

January 11th, 5:18 pm

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes; oh happy day! *laughs maniacally and goes to play SSDHD while listening to Godsmack*

darkedgex said:

January 11th, 5:29 pm

Love all the new features, but would LOVE to see Playlist support added for the in-game music. And by Playlist support, I mean let me play one of the playlists I created in the XMB. Otherwise, good stuff!

Now bring on the added content/new levels/etc! =)

GGCAN said:

January 11th, 5:30 pm

Once again, thank-you Sony and PS3 ! This game rocks and with your own music it’s even better. I’ve seen so many 360 fans boasting that only XBOX can do this, well look what the future holds for PS3. All is falling into place now and the games are coming out. I think this is the BEST system out there. By the way, anyone want Internet Radio on PS3 ? Visit the TVersity site at http://tversity.com/home/. I just installed it this week and all I can say is WOW, my dreams have been answered. Keep up the great work Sony !

EvoAnubis said:

January 12th, 12:15 am

Damn, that was fun! Next up, how’s about letting me team up with my friend in Florida (I’m in Reno) and do some co-op? Yeah . . . online co-op + custom soundtracks would be great!

Also, I gotta agree with darkedgex (sorry if I mis-spelled that, homie) on the playlist issue. Every game I play I tend to want to listen to different songs for, and it’d be sweet if I could set up a playlist for each game in the XMB, then go to the game I want to play and have it play songs that are in the list I tell it to play.

And yeah, I know I can do that another way by messing around with the genres, but . . . I have about 5GB (30+ hours) of music on my HDD, and it took long enough for me to organize that as it is. Please don’t ask me to have to do that again…..

Mindplague said:

January 12th, 12:22 am

How do I enable the country flags in the highscores? I see only some countries.

ToneBoneLR said:

January 12th, 8:13 am

Much longer blasting sessions!! Crank that Stardust uuaahh!!!

makan01 said:

January 12th, 10:06 am

I love this game, unfortunately, I had to stop playing it as it burned in my plasma because of the permanent logo in shiny white displayed at the bottom left corner.

Maybe the next update will have a customizable HUD for us Plasma owners.

Garcia5 said:

January 12th, 5:24 pm

When is all the games ganna be able to do this?

Garcia5 said:

January 12th, 5:27 pm

i mean like when is all da games ganna be able to lisen to the songs u hav on your PS3

EvoAnubis said:

January 13th, 12:39 am

Mindplague, in order to get the flag and the times and all that to appear on your high score, you have to get on the list AFTER you got the update. The ones w/o the flag are the ones that were there prior to the new update. Hope that helps.

AGQ0105 said:

January 13th, 8:13 am

This game is too awesome!!

Mindplague said:

January 13th, 10:08 pm

Thx EvoAnubis. I just did that and it worked!

EvoAnubis said:

January 15th, 2:01 pm

@ Mindplague

Anytime, man. Glad I could help.

not-buying-incognito said:

January 16th, 12:08 am

I really like the demo…
debating on this game and the bowling one.???

EvoAnubis said:

January 16th, 3:11 pm

@76

Both. They are excellent games. HVB is so much fun, it’s a steal at $10.

leeroysoderstrom said:

January 23rd, 7:42 pm

Any word on when this update would make it to the Japanese store? It’s been out for ages in Europe and the US and I’d love to have my own sound, too.

g8tor07 said:

January 24th, 6:47 am

I have been looking foward to this patch for a couple of weeks.rabbit in the moon and Super Stardust HD, nice way to spend the afternoon.Thanks again Sony.

PAGE 1 2