PlayStation VR

Jan 22

Jan 22

Introducing Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar Posted by Producer

Yes folks, I’m happy to say that there is a new Hot Shots golf title coming to North America this March for the PLAYSTATION 3. I want to introduce you to Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.

Introducing Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Working on this title has been tough. Imagine my situation: it is sunny and warm here at SCEA Santa Monica. The sun is shining through the office window with a hint of Pacific blue off in the distance. A typical perfect day to be out hitting the links, but alas, there’s work to be done – c’est la vie.

By work, of course, I mean play Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. If we can’t hit the real links, why not get some time on the virtual ones?

As many of you may know, the Hot Shots Golf franchise has had many a player hitting the green for some of the most fun and wacky golf action around. Now for the first time, we are bringing this franchise to the PS3 for some next-gen golf goodness like you’ve never seen before.

So over the next few weeks I and several others on the team will be giving you a rundown of the new features you’ll find in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds as well as detailed info on the new shot mechanism, nifty soundtrack, new characters, game tips, and online play. We’ll even have some behind the scenes info on Clap Hanz (creators of the Hot Shots universe) so keep an eye out for more news coming from our side. Until then I’ll leave you guys with a few screens…wait, I think I hear my tee time calling…

Introducing Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Introducing Hot Shots Golf: Out of BoundsIntroducing Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

ftwrthtx said:

January 22nd, 11:00 am

Is this the same game as the demo that was available on the Japanese PSN, Everybody’s Golf 5?

If so, I want it NOW!

TheSketcher1 said:

January 22nd, 11:01 am

cool , really cool
and im first

PSheddy said:

January 22nd, 11:02 am

Yeah I was wondering if this was the same one released in Japan myself.

Snap said:

January 22nd, 11:04 am

I have been really looking forward to this game. One of the main reasons I own a PS3. Hot Shots is an awesome franchise. Looking forward to the newest PSP release as well.

Yes, this is the same game as Everybody’s Golf 5 in Japan.

Fabi said:

January 22nd, 11:05 am

@TheSketcher1 – Umm no, you’re not.
I love this game. I wasn’t expecting much from it graphically, but damn, those are some detailed environments.

TheSketcher1 said:

January 22nd, 11:05 am

Those backgrounds look class ,great job.Hurry with that new info

Loucetios said:

January 22nd, 11:06 am

the game looks great, can;’t wait to play

Sakimori_X said:

January 22nd, 11:08 am

I managed to stay away from the Hot Shots franchise for some time (not being a big fan of golf myself). But when the Hot Shots 2 download came out on the PSN Store, I figured I’d give it a shot, and wow. Can’t wait for this latest installment, and I’m glad to hear it’s already coming in just a few more weeks.

PHIBALNATION said:

January 22nd, 11:09 am

First Ratchet & Clank, now another cartoon game, is the ps3 turning into the kids platform. I thought the wii was but it looks like the ps3 is taking over as the kids console. we want real games.

frito said:

January 22nd, 11:12 am

WOW!

the graphics look GREAT!!!

I’ve always liked these games, just for the quik pick up and play fun of it-(and my girlfriend will play it with me!)

hope it sells well!

cheers!

Snap said:

January 22nd, 11:13 am

@PHIBALNATION Go buy a 360 then.

Mort said:

January 22nd, 11:17 am

I wonder how the new control system will work? Hot Shots has always been the most fun and accessible golf game on any console. I hope you guys included the old control system as an option for us die-hard fans.

I will buy this game, because I love Hot Shots, but I hope you didn’t dilute the experience in the name of progress.

I also heard a rumor that there would be some Sony characters from other games appearing in Hot Shots – I would love to check out Nariko’s swing!

leetfoo said:

January 22nd, 11:18 am

Hot shots golf is great, but please add 1080 support for the many of us who’s TVs do not support 720p. The old JP demo is 720p/480ip only. Fun, but last-gen in 480p.

Niles Stonne said:

January 22nd, 11:20 am

I tried the demo from the Japanese store, and with the exception of Super Stardust HD is probably the most played of any of my downloaded games – purchased or demo!

I am _really_ looking forward to this game.

Question: How many holes/courses will be in the game? Will there be additional courses/characters available for download in the future?

P_tear_griffin said:

January 22nd, 11:21 am

I’m buying this one . Hey, please add custom soundtracks.

Gorvi said:

January 22nd, 11:21 am

Man, I’ve had the demo of this game on my PS3 sine last Spring. It’s nice to see it finally getting a release in the US.

Any chance we’ll get some info on Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 for the PSP coming to the US as well?

Jeigh said:

January 22nd, 11:24 am

@PHIBALNATION– Ignoramus. Were Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament III, Call of Duty 4, and so many others not enough for you? PlayStation is a brand that has always appealed to a wide audience. Though I wouldn’t call Ratchet & Clank a “kiddie” game by any means. Apparently if something isn’t caped in blood and dark settings it’s ‘kiddie.’ Just wait for DMC4 next month and the next time you want to say something, don’t.

Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to this for awhile, but it sounds like you guys were doing more than simple localization. :D Glad to hear it’s finally on its way. Don’t hold out on us with the demo- I look forward to it. :D

greendublin said:

January 22nd, 11:27 am

Great, loved the JP demo of Everybody’s Golf 5. Also wondering if this is basically the same game, and what enhancements to expect if so. The game looks very pretty.

p.s. In-game XMB please.

tearsofash said:

January 22nd, 11:27 am

I’ve been playing the Hot Shots Golf 5 demo since the day it was released in the Japanese PSN last year, and I’ve been trying to tell people about how awesome it is. I’m glad there’s some good news on a local release of this. I feel like I’ve been waiting so long!

Kamahl said:

January 22nd, 11:28 am

That looks good, i suppose a demo will be released first, right? i don’t know much about that game and i wanna try before i buy

Zorox said:

January 22nd, 11:31 am

Finally! I’ve been waiting for a long time and I can’t wait to play the game.

Torgo said:

January 22nd, 11:33 am

This is my most anticipated game right now. I’ve been playing the 3-hole Japanese demo for months.

GIMME GIMME GIMME

StalkingSilence said:

January 22nd, 11:47 am

Yeah i didn’t like the Japanese demo, I’m a big fan of the tiger woods series but think that franchise is drying up. Hopefully the demo for Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds will be hitting sooner rather than later, and include more content.
I do like the logo though. Cool stuff!
Please consider 2-player online multiplayer (2 local players on one console vs. others). I don’t know why Tiger Woods doesn’t have it. It’d be fun for a tournament.

Makasu said:

January 22nd, 11:48 am

Really looking forward to this one.. any word on if the online is separated for us and european gamers? (i think the japanese version only have japanese online…)

CurryUdon said:

January 22nd, 11:56 am

Does anyone know, if they are changing the character art for the american version like they have been fond of doing on past titles?

efenili said:

January 22nd, 11:56 am

Very awesome. Can’t wait, I have played the demo around several times. I am not a fan of other golf games so much at the moment so I am happy to see this.

Jenovah said:

January 22nd, 11:58 am

Do Want!

Gregero said:

January 22nd, 11:59 am

I played the demo from the Japanese store and wow this game came out to be a real club swinger. There graphics are excellent in their own way and the gameplay is top notch. I really hope it goes online.

NevilleThegame said:

January 22nd, 12:17 pm

if i was in charge of this game i would of add in no order

1. Deep Create of player(with eye support)

2. offline 4 player split screen(taking turns is boring)

3. Mini Games

4. custom soundtracks

Kxpuc27 said:

January 22nd, 12:25 pm

been waiting for a english version of this game for months. Hell i would have settled for a textless version if offered one 4 months ago.

tsukasa1288 said:

January 22nd, 12:37 pm

Awesome, too bad I already picked up this game while I was in Japan last summer. Great game though.

Mort said:

January 22nd, 12:37 pm

@ all those who have played the Japanese demo – How are the new controls vs old ones?

tsukasa1288 said:

January 22nd, 12:50 pm

>>32
I would try to explain, but this quote from wikipedia does better then I would.

“Everybody’s Golf 5 introduces a modified version of the “3 click” shot system. Instead of relying completely on the gauge at the bottom to estimate the strength and slice of the shot, the new system encourages you to use the actual character’s golf swing to select the power. Once the strength of the shot is determined, the gauge disappears, and the accuracy of the shot relies on the player’s timing when the club hits the ball.”

xxLONESTARxx said:

January 22nd, 1:02 pm

I think I’ll give up Tiger to try my hand at Hot Shots…

Joyrex said:

January 22nd, 1:18 pm

Finally! I hope they didn’t “Americanize” the characters too much in the move over to the US.

The game I bought a PS3 for… at last!

OrganicShadow said:

January 22nd, 1:26 pm

If there’s a US demo available soon I will try. It’s going to depend on whether or not my room mate finds it more fun than wii golf. That’s all she plays. I don’t feel like playing a golf game by myself either. :(

byrd864 said:

January 22nd, 1:35 pm

“holy ****, it looks real” – I seemed to have blurted that out when I saw the first screenshot. The terrain on the course looks amazing. I’ve never bought a hot shots game before, but I might have to now.

Zaku said:

January 22nd, 1:47 pm

I still play the JP demo. I can’t wait for this title as me and my cousin have played the hell out of the demo. Looking forward to the info over the next few weeks :)

PSforever said:

January 22nd, 1:53 pm

This is old news. Why bother changing the name I bought it from play-asia long time ago wicked game though I’ll probually pick up this version so I can read it :P.

CrimsonCalibur said:

January 22nd, 1:58 pm

I am curious, What took so long for a US release? This game should have been released alongside the JPN one. It is definitely on my must buy list. But why such a delay?

pr1m3_5u5p3ct said:

January 22nd, 2:10 pm

o0o0o0o0o0
Sounds good to me!

p-s-3 said:

January 22nd, 3:11 pm

Can’t you call it ‘Everybody’s Golf 5’??? ;)

LAWLZORZ said:

January 22nd, 3:48 pm

I thought it would never make it to the US!

THANK YOU!

@p-s-3 (42)
The series has been known as “Hot Shots Golf” in the US since it first released on the PS1.

Gavi said:

January 22nd, 3:58 pm

Can’t wait for this. Look forward to the new media and hopefully a release date. I’ll be there day one. Favourite game on the PSP, and one of the most addictive games ever in my opinion.

MrFenwick said:

January 22nd, 4:25 pm

I’ve been waiting! I was going to import the Japanese version to hold me over to!

InformationHigh said:

January 22nd, 4:31 pm

I can’t wait for this. Looking forward to more updates from you guys about it :)

Ujio said:

January 22nd, 4:52 pm

I can’t wait for HSG5! I remember when the first one came out on PSX and I loved it back then. This is my all-time fav golfing game.

lyndonAP said:

January 22nd, 6:26 pm

I’ve had the Japanese version (Minna No Golf 5) since just after it came out over there- when seeing how long it as going to be for the North American version to get here I just couldn’t wait.

The new golf swing method does take a bit of getting used to- personally, i prefer the old meters.

lim_ryan said:

January 22nd, 6:51 pm

Hello Chris,
will u all keep all the voice & japanese
character inside the game?…..thats the beauty of the game….please make it happen…..

gardea said:

January 22nd, 7:14 pm

Hot Shots was good on PSX; BETA tested Hot Shots Golf 4 8)

This game looks amazing though, literally.

PAGE 1 2