God of War

Feb 07

Feb 07

Revenge of the PS3!

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by

Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

EGM March 08

We spend a lot of our time (well, nearly all of it really) explaining why the PlayStation 3 is the most powerful, best value video gaming console you can buy. Well, the March issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly helps further the cause and explain what’s in store this year, with a cover story on why “2008 will rock” for the PS3 and its owners and fans. We, of course, agree. Covering off on subjects such as the amazing software line-up this year including LttleBigPlanet and MGS4, Blu-ray, PlayStation Network, and PSP cross-functionality, this is a pretty comprehensive article that is definitely worth a read. Subscribers should have it already, the rest can pick it up when it hits shelves next week.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Aaron said:

February 7th, 9:12 am

oh yeah baby! Can’t wait to receive my issue :)

The PS3 is #1! :)

assassin_21 said:

February 7th, 9:17 am

this is the year i’ve been waiting for 360 fans are shaking

meepmoopmeep said:

February 7th, 9:17 am

2008 will be an amazing year for PS3 owners. I can’t wait to see what Sony has to display at GDC & E3.

PS3 \m/ baby!

AwRy108 said:

February 7th, 9:18 am

…nice of them to say on the cover: “2007 sucked for the PS3…”

WTF? Were they even paying attention to the PS3? I sure enjoyed mine last year, so I don’t know how they can proclaim ’07 was a bust.

Big media sucks balls.

Violater said:

February 7th, 9:21 am

Sorry EGM wont get my $$

StalkingSilence said:

February 7th, 9:21 am

Good luck on Jury Duty, Mr. Seybold (hehe).
Thanks for the heads up on the magazine – though I haven’t bought a video game magazine in years (ever since they stopped having exclusive demo discs).

Alpha_89 said:

February 7th, 9:22 am

Go Sony!

XcoM said:

February 7th, 9:22 am

How much did you guys pay for that?

Seriously though, 2008 better rock. GTAIV, LittleBigPlanet and In game XMB!

Stoffinator said:

February 7th, 9:23 am

I don’t get how they say “2007 sucked for the PS3” How did it suck? Should of did the story with a good magazine like Game Informer.

ftwrthtx said:

February 7th, 9:24 am

GDC should be alot of fun in San Francisco. That article should be proudly displayed at the Sony booth!

Cobra Girl said:

February 7th, 9:25 am

…with gracing the blog with trash like EGM….

StalkingSilence said:

February 7th, 9:26 am

Oh, and anyone interested in this week’s PLAYSTATION Store Rumored Content can check out the post at the Playstation.com forums: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=205031

Frazz said:

February 7th, 9:31 am

Sony needs to come out and confirm that these titles will release this year for sure and get home out to the masses and Improve it from thier.

ne4ious said:

February 7th, 9:33 am

How ’bout SONY for 2008 opening a can of whoop ass on the doubters. Long live PSThree

Kamahl said:

February 7th, 9:38 am

2007 didn’t suck to me… it could have been better, i know that… but it didn’t suck for the PS3

cmargary said:

February 7th, 9:38 am

Is sure that this year will be the year of the ps3.. in game xmb, home, PlayTV (Too bad that is only for Europe, please sony release some TIVO thing to record my own channels of my cable TV) LBP, MGS Tekken (maybe), FF, GT5, Singstar and is only exclusive titles and game for all type of gamers…

and really tell me what the 360 have this year? the 360 shoot all the bullets in 2007 to kill the PS3 and they couldn’t do it… now this year have some not AAA titles, well… maybe ninja gaiden but nothing more and for me isn’t a AAA title but for many people it is…

zanzibarlegend said:

February 7th, 9:50 am

Sony will own 2008.
-Bluray is winning
-Production costs lowering on PS3
-Home
-Line up of games
-Strong Sales Overseas (EU)(JP)
-Compelling PSN Games

can’t wait for feb 12 to pick up egm

boxmyth said:

February 7th, 9:54 am

It was a nice read. I’m really waiting to hear about any surprise games the PS3 might be graced with this year.
And of course any news from the ICO team…

reson8er said:

February 7th, 9:58 am

EGM…

So many months bashing the PS3 and even when they do praise it it comes along with “2007 sucked for the PS3”

**** them.

Thanks for the heads up Patrick, but I will never read their trash again. That goes for 1up.com as well.

Snap said:

February 7th, 10:03 am

Lets have a nice PSN store update this week to show the industry that Sony means business. I’d like to see at least two additional PSOne games, perhaps a WipeOut Pulse demo, and two PSN games.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

February 7th, 10:03 am

I will check the article.

Sony please make MGS3 run smooth on PS3

Jeigh said:

February 7th, 10:06 am

Eh. I think you could’ve done better than EGM. Surely there tons of articles out there talking about how much the PS3’s going to kick…’butt’ this year.

Hell, you’ve got EA singing your praises, I’m sure even the more cynical critics are sucking up to you guys at this point.

Here’s to the PixelJunk series, and the anticipation of their next hit! :D

Rzarekta said:

February 7th, 10:07 am

How did 2007 suck? I bought like 15 games and most of them, such as Uncharted, R&C, Warhawk, UT3, CoD4, etc, were AMAZING.

reson8er said:

February 7th, 10:11 am

Yea “Rzarekta” thats exactly my point.

Its not the PS3 that sucked in 2007, its EGM lol ;)

C-h-a-o-s said:

February 7th, 10:17 am

This post should be removed, it’s EGM for crying out loud. Nothing good has ever come out of EGM.

chronotrigger said:

February 7th, 10:23 am

Damn i need to get a ps3 this year.

reson8er said:

February 7th, 10:23 am

Actually C-h-a-o-s, once upon a time, they were an extremely good mag. Infact as being one of the first mags about console gaming, they were really great.

But I digress, this was so long ago, most players were probably not even born then.

After their original Editor in Chief stepped down from the position (I forget his name) the mag slowly declined in quality (read: objective) writing. Ive owned just about every console you can think of, and would not buy their mag if you gave me the money to do it with lol.

Sorry I’ll stop this rant, its just that citing EGM as any source of opinion or insightfulness infuriates me.

/endrant

smallsbig said:

February 7th, 10:29 am

well I dont know if the ps3 sucked in 2007 I personally just bought my PS3 feb 1st and already have 14 games for it that I think are all great titles!

Thats just me though hehe

JAXX377 said:

February 7th, 10:30 am

I’ve read in a few places online that Sony will not be having a presentation/keynote address at this years GDC along the lines of what they had last year. But rather just a workshop for developers on how to create content for home and a booth or 2 for demonstrations.

Is this true and if so does this mean we can probably not expect any big announcements regarding home/games/firmware?

Any info on wether they are going to have a press conference or not would be great. Beause if they are not it would be nice to know now rather than wait till then. It seems most people I run in into on the forums around the ewb are under the belief that there will be some big news at the GDC

smallsbig said:

February 7th, 10:31 am

Oh and … where the he77 is HOME?! I want that really kinda badly lol

HanSolo said:

February 7th, 10:33 am

i was very happy with 2007, it didnt suck to me as a ps3 owner, i enjoyed a lot of great games, cod4 folklore eye of judjment uncharted…just to name a few, and 2008 will be even better, WOW, i never once doubt sony or the ps3, now all we need is HOME, in game xmb and a good mmorpg

put that.. with the 2008 linup and there are no limits

Doctor What said:

February 7th, 10:35 am

LittleBigPlanet certainly has a lot to live up to. It is going to have to be amazing to live up the the hype. I hope Media Molecule are up to it!

This weekend I had a friend over, we played The Darkness during the day, Singstar (PS2 backwards compat.) for a while in the evening then streamed a film across from the PC. After that we did some martial arts training with the PS3 streaming music from my PC. For everything we did, the PS3 made it easier and better. It really is a great machine, but its games are currently lagging behind the 360.

Sony tech support need to get in gear and really help out developers to make sure they get the most from the PS3. Microsoft jump into action, but Sony are legendary for their lack of tech support. I believe this has got to be part of what is causing the lag in game quality.

WTFWTF said:

February 7th, 10:37 am

Yeah EGM has pissed me off with all the PS3 bashing they did last year. But i just might get this issue. But i will most likely just read the article in walmart.

But Gratz anyway SONY this years going to be GREAT!!

HanSolo said:

February 7th, 10:39 am

i canceled my egm subscription because i could not take their ps3 bashing and i will never subscribe again, i just go to the book store… read it and leave it there, no support for them anymore

themm said:

February 7th, 10:45 am

At least Sony has the balls to say their first wasn’t so great as they hoped it to be. BUT WE WILL GET REVENGE! :P

aaquib said:

February 7th, 10:47 am

I’ve been waiting for this. I thought it’d arrive yesterday, but I think because of the snow storm the mailman wasn’t on duty. Hopefully it arrives today since I’ve been looking forward to this issue.

reson8er said:

February 7th, 10:53 am

If you have ever been to 1up.com and want a laugh take a look at the following link.

Chrisrahosiris said:

February 7th, 10:54 am

I’m glad that EGM has a positive story about the PS3, but I’m still not that interested in the magazine or the site anymore. They lost me with the biased approach that the company used previously.

chasegamez said:

February 7th, 10:58 am

will this mag have custom soundtrack

lol i couldn’t help myself lol

Regret said:

February 7th, 11:09 am

Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Eye of Judgement, R&C, Uncharted! 2007 sucked? Roflmao. Was delicious to me.

Traziun said:

February 7th, 11:13 am

Couldn’t agree more. 2007 really was a great year for PS3 owners but 2008 is looking to be the greatest gaming year yet! Congrats Sony!

mdo7 said:

February 7th, 11:14 am

This is going to be an interesting year for the PS3.

sascha23 said:

February 7th, 11:16 am

I agree, EGM is not that great of a publication, but other than Wired and OPM, I don’t really read too many physical publications.

Still, that cover is awesome! ;)

superbone547 said:

February 7th, 11:22 am

1. EGM is one of the worst gaming magazines availible

2. Of course the PS3 will have an amazing year, it’s best (or at least most hyped) exclusives are coming out this year.

SWANN said:

February 7th, 11:22 am

Suddenly, I hear Jay-Z’s song “The Takeover” in the background. In my opinion, the PS3 ruled the day it was released and will continue to do so. This March issue of EGM (which I waiting to receive in the mail any day now) is only telling the truth like it SHOULD be. Revenge is at hand i.e. Sony’s hand.

JEFREGOSO said:

February 7th, 11:26 am

PLAYSTATION NETWORK PARA MEXICO YA QUEREMOS COMPRAR EN STORE Y VENDAN LAS PLAYSTATION CARDS

IBO Champion said:

February 7th, 11:42 am

Where is HOME? What happen? Is playstation doing this on purpose or what? They know how bad we need HOME. Why are they making us wait? No in game XMB WTF. #60 Killed us with they BS Live. C’MON PS Lets GO!

Mort said:

February 7th, 11:42 am

This article is a massive change of tune for a magazine that realizes they are rapidly losing any support they might have once had from the Playstation community by being Xbox fanboys. I pray that it doesn’t work

My old OPM subscription got rolled over into an EGM one when they stopped publishing the mag, so you can imagine how upset I was at the quality of the material! I have of course since cancelled my subscription.

2007 did not suck for PS3. I bought one at launch, and I have absolutely loved it ever since. I must admit that the beginning of 2007 was a bit lean – but it got better and better as the year went on.

IBO Champion said:

February 7th, 11:45 am

2007 Was Not A Good Year for PS3. At Least not for my PS3. I barely turned it on !

TheApprentice said:

February 7th, 11:45 am

2007 did not suck for PS3 :|

I enjoyed my PS3 so much in the past year….games were great…

PAGE 1 2 3