Hi all, it’s time to get buzzing! The Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz contest is on, so the first person to get all 10 answers correct will be the proud winner of a new 37” BRAVIA M series HDTV. If you didn’t see my post yesterday, below is a quick rundown of the contest and full details on the rules are listed below. Winners will be announced here on the blog. The contest lowdown:
- The contest kicks-off today on Tuesday, February 12th beginning at 12:00 PM PST and will last until 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, February 12th.
- 10 questions from the game will be featured.
- The first person that gets all 10 questions correct will be the Grand Prize Winner and will receive a 37” BRAVIA M series HDTV.
- The second person to get all 10 questions right will receive the limited edition white PlayStation 2 SingStar bundle, along with a copy of Buzz! Hollywood and SingStar ’90s.
- The third person to get all the answers correct will receive a copy of Buzz! Hollywood and SingStar ’90s for PlayStation 2.
And here are the questions…..
1. IN WHICH MOVIE DOES HONOR BLACKMAN PLAY A BOND GIRL?
2. WHO DOES THE “TRUFFLE SHUFFLE”?
3. WHICH BLOCKBUSTER RECEIVED THE MOST ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATIONS?
4. WE ARE TOLD THAT THE “STAR WARS” SAGA TAKES PLACE A LONG TIME AGO, BUT WHERE?
5. ON WHICH CLASSIC NOVEL IS THE 2001 MOVIE “BRIDGET JONES’ DIARY” LOOSELY BASED?
6. WHICH ’60S CLASSIC ENDS ON A SWISS MOUNTAIN ROAD, LITERALLY WITH A CLIFF-HANGER?
7. WHICH NEW YORK CITY FIREFIGHTER WENT ON TO BECOME A “RESERVOIR DOG?”
8. WHICH SONG DOES THE SULTRY SCARLETT JOHANSSON PERFORM AT THE KARAOKE BAR IN “LOST IN TRANSLATION?”
9. HOW IS THE INEXORABLE T-1000 FINALLY DEFEATED AT THE END OF “TERMINATOR 2?”
10. WHICH CHARACTER’S MAKE UP WAS SO CONVINCING IT PROMPTED A NEW ACADEMY AWARD CATEGORY FOR “BEST MAKE-UP?”
Answers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have fun and good luck!
Contest rules after the jump.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. To enter, visit www.us.playstation.com, complete the list of questions provided and submit the information. The contest will begin on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 12:00 pm (PST). To be valid, entries must be received no later than February 12, 2008 at 11:59 a.m. (PST). Limit one entry per person and valid e-mail address for the duration of the promotion. All entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the email address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants ability to participate in the contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, winners will be selected from among all entries received prior to cancellation and all prizes will be awarded. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: One (1) Grand prize winner receives a 37″ BRAVIA® M series LCD Flat Panel HDTV, approximate retail value $1,199.99. One (1) Second place prize winner receives a white PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, a copy of SingStar™ and a copy of Buzz! Games for the PlayStation 2. (approximate retail value, $190). One (1) Third place prize winner will receive a copy of Buzz! and SingStar for the PlayStation®2 (approximate retail value, $90). Title selection based on availability and at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be determined by the first three (3) entrants to submit a complete list of correct answers to Sponsor in order they are received by Sponsor and by timestamp on their email or as determined by Sponsor. To be valid, all entries must be received no later than February 12, 2008 11:59 PM (PST). All decisions concerning all matters related to this contest are final. Winners shall be notified by email and/or telephone by February 15, 2008.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to legal U.S residents 13 years of age and older. Grand prize and First place prize winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. If the winner is a minor, then prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian. By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winner agree to release Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions, and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions or any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to or from any prize-related activity and/or sweepstakes activity. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Neither the Sponsor nor their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
5. WINNER’S NAME: To obtain a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz Contest, c/o Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. 919 E. Hillsdale Boulevard, Foster City, CA 94404. Winners’ list requests will be fulfilled within four weeks after all prizes have been awarded. Requests for winners’ list must be received by March 31, 2008.
6. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
7. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd Foster City, CA 94404