Final Fantasy XV

Feb 26

Feb 26

Destination PlayStation News: MGS PS3 Bundle, Kratos PSP and DualShock3 Release Date

Al De Leon's Avatar Posted by Sr. PR Manager, SCEA

Not every video game event is a press and party extravaganza (like last week’s GDC). As a gamer, you may not have heard of Destination PlayStation – a meeting between Sony PlayStation, retailers, and 3rd party teams taking place right now in Arizona. But the discussions at DPS are generally pretty significant. Here’s what’s being announced RIGHT NOW.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP).

As has been announced previously, MGS4 will include a Metal Gear Online “Starter Pack.” If you can’t wait to try out MGS4, the good news is you don’t have to much longer. Those who pre-order the game will be guaranteed access to a multiplayer beta test for Metal Gear Online scheduled for late April.

GoW PSP Back LoRes

God of War PSP Entertainment Pack
In June, a new PSP Entertainment Pack will be hitting stores, featuring the famous face of the Ghost of Sparta — Kratos. Here’s what you get in the bundle, which will be available for $199.99 (MSRP):

God of War: Chains of Olympus still arrives for PSP on March 4, 2008.

GoW PSP Front LoRes

DUALSHOCK 3
The final piece of big news coming out of DPS is another much-requested release date: SCEA will introduce the DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for the first time in North America in April 2008 for $54.99 (MSRP). Compatible with more than 100 PS3 games, DUALSHOCK 3 has both rumble and motion-sending SIXAXIS technologies. So now you’ll be able to play Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and, yes, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots with rumble turned ON.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

OrganicShadow said:

February 26th, 11:10 am

Will we be getting black AND white DS3’s? Or just black?

Territories with white PS3’s aside- you guys would make a KILLING if you released white DS3’s over here. Otherwise expect people to keep importing them and ignore all the black units on shelves.

roku6wiz said:

February 26th, 11:10 am

omg that is awesome, i really wish the god of war bundled psp would have came out earlier i really would have bought it. and so excited about mgs4

Raziel Dune said:

February 26th, 11:11 am

Wow that bundle is sweet i was waiting to see what you guys were gonna do with the 80gb. Dang thats a nice color psp.

nmc75 said:

February 26th, 11:11 am

Does the new 80gb PS3 bundle include a PS3 with backwards compatibility for PS2 games?

adeleon said:

February 26th, 12:44 pm

Yes, similar to the Motorstorm bundle, the new MGS4 bundle features an 80GB PS3 with some PS2 backwards compatibility.

chubigans said:

February 26th, 11:11 am

AWESOME news.

Any news on PSN Cards? Please? That would make this event 1000% more awesome.

Fersis said:

February 26th, 11:12 am

Absolute awesome news !!!!
Oh man , im so hyped for MGS4!!

xberserker said:

February 26th, 11:14 am

Where can I pre-order MGS4 to get into that Beta? :D :D

FFObsessed said:

February 26th, 11:17 am

Is the MGO Beta test for Europeans too? More importantly those of UK residence? :P

Reddsk said:

February 26th, 11:17 am

You guys REALLY want me to have to buy another PSP don’t you? Thanks for the blog btw. Nice seeing all the rumors early and then not having to wait long for you to confirm for us here.

poprocker said:

February 26th, 11:18 am

Can you officially confirm or deny that Socom Confrontation will be released in Q4 2008?

Carl said:

February 26th, 11:18 am

So does this “Pre-ordred MGS4 and be guaranteed a place in the MGO BETA” thing apply worldwide or just in America? Can you verify that for us…I’m wondering if us Europeans get that too, because i think we should…

Anyway this is all awesome!

adeleon said:

February 26th, 12:47 pm

Sorry, Carl, this offer specifically refers to North America.

DocEvils said:

February 26th, 11:19 am

OMG I wet my self :O

does the 80GB come to Europe too?

SILV3R_ said:

February 26th, 11:20 am

Well well well.. the answer to the missing 80gig.

Is this a Solid Snake Date for MGS4, No push back or anything?

Jeigh said:

February 26th, 11:20 am

Holy Sh**!

Wow, this post was nearly orgasmic! With access to MGS Online I’m preordering it pretty **mn quickly! Same goes for that GoW PSP!!

Ha, this was absolutely beautiful! :D

NewYork214 said:

February 26th, 11:20 am

wow. cool stuff. i already own a PS3 and a PSP so wont be pickin up a bundle but going to be gettin the games no matter what. and cant wait for the dualshock 3

byrd864 said:

February 26th, 11:20 am

DOH! And I just had to get a PSP a month ago and couldn’t wait for a red one. Oh well, I still love it. But you guys did a good job with that red psp pack.. What a deal. Nice color, nice game, nice movie, and a ps store dl….dang!

It’s cool to hear about a MGS4 bundle since so many ppl want that game and some still haven’t gotten a ps3.

Only thing I don’t like is that you guys are charging an extra five bucks for DS3….I know it has more than the sixaxis of now, but is the $5 worth it? Still good to know it’ll come in April.

Sakimori_X said:

February 26th, 11:22 am

I’ll second #4’s question:

Will the 80GB PS3 have hardware BC? I have a 60GB myself, but have a friend who is looking to get a PS3 soon and hardware BC would be a huge selling point.

sonu said:

February 26th, 11:27 am

Damn, luving the GOW psp!

Mana Knight said:

February 26th, 11:27 am

I want that PSP so badly. I may also get another PS3 for the MGS4 bundle. Awesome news.

SevenFactors said:

February 26th, 11:38 am

I knew Sony would not let me play MGS4 without a DualShock 3. And please sony PLEASE, whatever happened to SONY STYLE? Stop making colored PS controllers with black buttons. Make them the same color as the controllers or at least make them clear like those on the PSP. I mean, the PS button on every Sixaxis and now DualShock 3 should be more than hint. PLEASE I ASK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh on another note, that Kratos PSP sure makes me want to get the Slim PSP and put my Fat PSP to rest.

stennex said:

February 26th, 11:39 am

Home ROCKS!

ftwrthtx said:

February 26th, 11:39 am

I’ll stick with my Ice Silver PSP but I may have to pick up a DS controller.

Thanks for the info!

Aaron said:

February 26th, 11:47 am

w00t! w00t! Sony FTW!!!!

Joe said:

February 26th, 11:47 am

Why is the movie Superbad. I would think 300 would be the one you would want to watch when you are not playing GOW.

darkiewonder said:

February 26th, 11:49 am

awesome news. keep it coming with the PSN card announcement.

linton said:

February 26th, 11:49 am

double wow

GibbShift said:

February 26th, 11:51 am

Wow, Awesome MGS4 bundle. At that price, it’s a steal. You get the 80GB PS3, a brand new DS3, and MF’ingGS4!?!? People who consider that overpriced need their heads examined.

But then you guys went and did it with the GoW Bundle. I HAVE to own that Deep Red PSP with Kratos on the back. There’s just no getting around it. How I will acquire that bundle and MGS4 in the same month may mean I’ll be on the corner somewhere in your city. Don’t be a stranger. *wink*

Aaron said:

February 26th, 11:51 am

Al De Leon does it matter who we pre-order MGS4 from to get access to the beta for MGO?

Lirion said:

February 26th, 11:56 am

Finally release dates, awsome Sony. Hopefully you’ll release them with no delays.

Jenovah said:

February 26th, 11:58 am

YES!! I knew Sony would come through after a relatively quiet GDC. This is GREAT news.

Cpt.blue said:

February 26th, 12:10 pm

WHO is voting this less than five squares? Are you out of your mind? This PS3 bundle is the best marketing move SONY has made in the last two years – bravo! Looks like i’ll hold off on preordering GTA4 and take a gander at MGS4 instead.

supotuco said:

February 26th, 12:10 pm

what about people who pre-ordered on amazon do they get into the beta

EvoAnubis said:

February 26th, 12:10 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . . yeaaaah! This is great news! Let the good times roll!

Genki-Rocket said:

February 26th, 12:11 pm

Aaron said:

February 26th, 12:11 pm

@ #31

Xbox/Nintendo Fanboys & Sony Haters

HeyDanBud said:

February 26th, 12:12 pm

nice. i wonder if the 40 gb will be getting the DS3 bundled with it from then on as well?

Athanasios said:

February 26th, 12:14 pm

Wow, thanks for the great news! I can’t wait!

Athanasios said:

February 26th, 12:14 pm

Wow, thanks for the great news! I can’t wait!

jeffbax said:

February 26th, 12:14 pm

There’s going to be no backward compatible SKU until June? (the 80GB is no longer available online for almost a month now…)

The bundle is cool, but I really hope I don’t have to wait until June to get the White SKU PS3 :(

tearsofash said:

February 26th, 12:15 pm

Nice news, but what of Backwards compatibility in this new 80gigabyte GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS

Tee-hee.

mobiletone said:

February 26th, 12:19 pm

i’ve had my white DS3 for a month already, tastey bit of kit, never realised how much i missed rumble until then. thanks Sony. a much better built pad than the one we got in the box with the console.

haven’t played a ps2 game yet either that it doesn’t work with.

and as for the price whiners, the standard sixaxis is still making $70 in major retailers here in the UK!!

night_sign said:

February 26th, 12:28 pm

And new firwmware update?

scorpio said:

February 26th, 12:29 pm

Nice PS3 bundle, there will be people picking up a PS3 for MGS so that’s cool that they bundled it.

Nice to get some confirmations on the other stuff.

Toadzter17 said:

February 26th, 12:30 pm

@1

Speak for yourself. I’m getting the black ones to go with my system

ibunkun said:

February 26th, 12:33 pm

8o gig sounds good but is it the one with BC, cardreader and 4usb or just that stupid 4ogig (noBC/no cardreader/2USB).
well $499 for a full oldschool PS3 with a DS3 and MGS4 is great. $499 for a 4ogig with an HDD upgrade etc is not ok. $399(+ estimated 2o$ for upgrade)+6o$ for the game = $479.

Aerfox said:

February 26th, 12:35 pm

Its nice to hear that there’s going to be a MGS4 PS3 Bundle. I’m sure its gonna help move lots of consoles now, especially with the price point. Awesome too hear the release date for DualShock 3, I’ll be one of the people to pick the controller up on release. I like the black controllers, the white one’s don’t appeal to me, but if they released the silver ones I’ll be purchasing them also.
And I’m glad that Sony announced that there will be a MGO Beta in April, if you pre-order the game.

CrimsonCalibur said:

February 26th, 12:36 pm

What an incredible slew of announcements!!

That GOW PSP is amazing. I will definitely have to get that. And a really good move on a MGS4 bundle. Very smart indeed.

One question, will the PS3 in the bundle have an MGS skin? or an exclusive new color?

Gorvi said:

February 26th, 12:37 pm

Very cool to see, though I already own both systems. But it’s very nice to see MGS4 coming in June.

Is there any reason why the PSP pack doesn’t come with a memory stick? That’s really the only thing it’s missing.

superbone547 said:

February 26th, 12:37 pm

could some light be shed onthe details of the MGS4 beta? where do we have to predorder? any special process that we must go throught to verify our preorder? what about those of us that have already preordered? anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

but man, this is awsome news no matter the details!

tagout said:

February 26th, 12:40 pm

Omg…finally. Great bundles!! Kudos to Sony!

PAGE 1 2 3 5