Overwatch

Apr 14

Apr 14

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to provide an update about the PlayStation Store. The store for both the PS3 and PC will be unavailable starting early morning Monday, April 14 through early morning of Tuesday, April 15. You will not be able to access either store during this maintenance window.

As you know, we are preparing to release the revamped interface of the PlayStation Store for the PS3, which will be available on Tuesday. Regular weekly updates of the store will resume on Thursday, April 17, along with the release of GT5 Prologue.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about the upcoming store design!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 8

Fersis said:

April 14th, 6:02 am

thanks.. any news on today surprise ?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Noel Silvia said:

April 14th, 9:46 am

What surprise are you referencing?

Dubbedinenglish said:

April 14th, 6:04 am

Great stuff, but does this only effect the PS Store, or will it also effect the whole PSN in general?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Noel Silvia said:

April 14th, 9:49 am

The maintenance should only effect the PlayStation Store, and you should be fine playing all of your online games via the PLAYSTATION Network.
    Hope this helped to answer your question!

Kazammm said:

April 14th, 6:05 am

Thanks for the update!

addic said:

April 14th, 6:08 am

what about the HUUUUUUGE surprise that brandon laurino promised???

velvetelvis said:

April 14th, 6:11 am

i am not very surprised by this.

Polyphony NL said:

April 14th, 6:11 am

Patience is virtue.

ZTMIKE said:

April 14th, 6:11 am

lol nice “big surpise” Sony..yet again we have to “wait”

Fersis said:

April 14th, 6:11 am

4 – does he said HUGE ?
just asking :), i dont want to get high hopes and then. shot them :p

ZTMIKE said:

April 14th, 6:14 am

And 15 hours for a store update? …Yea..OK, Sony just come out with it already.

malingenie said:

April 14th, 6:16 am

Thanks! Can’t wait!

Submish said:

April 14th, 6:21 am

I’m excited!! Thanks Grace for keeping us informed, and the new store looks very sharp!!

AwRy108 said:

April 14th, 6:22 am

I think the “surprise” is GT5 Pro.

addic said:

April 14th, 6:23 am

@fersis: ok. you are right. he didnt say HUGE but he said “very special”. im extremely looking forward to what will be “very special” today…

theycallmeryan said:

April 14th, 6:26 am

Any other news on what update 2.30 will contain other than the PS Store and high-def audio?

Kazammm said:

April 14th, 6:29 am

@14,

Yeah, I am also wondering this.

SPARDA said:

April 14th, 6:30 am

what’s so “very special” about this ?
I hope there is more to come on this blog today.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:31 am

@12

it was a KONAMI representative that stated the “surprise”….so you can almost guarantee that is has something to do with MGS4 and nothing to do with a Sony internal product.

not to mention that the “surprise” was mentioned in the MGS4 post.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:32 am

you guys who think that Sony is the one that is giving out the “surprise” really need to learn how to read.

Fersis said:

April 14th, 6:37 am

indeed 13-@addic .
Im hoping for some MGS4 related surprise.
Maybe all the info about MGO open European Beta or ………. MGS4 DEMO , but that one is just a wild dream of mine.
Cheers

RavenFox said:

April 14th, 6:40 am

I cant wait. Also what with all the complaints? eclipsed4utoo says it best.

Jeigh said:

April 14th, 6:40 am

I’m glad 17 and 18 cleared that up- I didn’t remember any “surprises” being mentioned for the update, but I did remember that there was going to be something special for MGS4 this week. I’m hoping a demo! :D But anything he can give will be appreciated.

Meanwhile, thank you for the notification, Grace. I look forward to playing with the new store. :D

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:42 am

I am also thinking a demo. what other surprise could it be that we would be excited about? other than the game releasing early.

Temmehkan said:

April 14th, 6:42 am

Isn’t the Big Surprise the MGO Beta that we can download Thursday and play it next week?

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:43 am

@23

no, that information was posted in the blog post. did you even read the blog post?

Temmehkan said:

April 14th, 6:44 am

@24

The last MGS one? was too long to read it word for word XD

NewYork214 said:

April 14th, 6:46 am

i think it will be that MGS1 will be released on PSN on Thursday (as a PS1 classic obviously). Or maybe a demo but i think Ryan Payton(sorry if spelled wrong) said there wont be one.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:47 am

well here you go…

“An insert in the “Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2” DVD case is your ticket to the Metal Gear Online Beta, containing the Unique Product Voucher Code (UPVC) and instructions on redeeming the UPVC to download the Beta client via the PlayStation Store when the download becomes available. The download of the MGO Beta will be available from April 17th 2008 to May 5th 2008 and the game play will be available from April 21st 2008 to May 5th 2008.”

Coolwater said:

April 14th, 6:47 am

Thanks for the update!

Glad to see that Sony is holding up the Mid-April window.

PS – I read that firmware update 2.40 will include XMB.. can anyone at Sony confirm this?? Please!!!

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 6:48 am

@28

yeah….like Sony ever confirms anything until 2 days before it launches.

Temmehkan said:

April 14th, 6:49 am

@28

It was the Head of the PSN who leaked 2.40 will include XMB, so basically they already confirmed it when it leaked

NewYork214 said:

April 14th, 6:49 am

PSPMAN07 said:

April 14th, 6:54 am

@ eclipsed4utoo

Actually, you should pay attention. First off the commenter never said that Sony will be giving the news, he asked was there any news, in which Sony would release about the surprise (Yes, Trust me, if its going to be announced to the public, Sony most likely knows). If you remember Al De Leon, an SCEA worker, broke the news about the MGS4 Bundle and the MGO Beta.

So it’ll be better to just respectable to others.

thingg said:

April 14th, 6:56 am

hmm… Does this mean that FW 2.30 is coming out tomorrow? I hope so. Thanks for the info.

ftwrthtx said:

April 14th, 6:58 am

I can’t wait for the roll out!

Temmehkan said:

April 14th, 7:01 am

@33

yes Firmware 2.30 is being released tomorrow

Mana Knight said:

April 14th, 7:01 am

I’m really excited for the roll out. Having the store down today is all right since I’m busy, but I have my entire day planned around the PS Store re-design (checking it out).

frito said:

April 14th, 7:03 am

MAN it takes 24 hours to update the servers with the new layout, huh?

No wonder XboxLive lords overs the PSN!

Time to hire some real web techies!

Grace Chen's Avatar

Noel Silvia said:

April 14th, 9:58 am

If it was just a new layout, you\’d be correct in assuming that that time frame was a little excessive.
    In actual fact, there are many aspects that need to be taken in to consideration. Since the new Store is no longer web-based in the way the old Store was, all of the coding is brand new, as well as thousands of new images to import and farm out to the different servers.
    If it was as simple as switching to a new Store \”design look\”, it would be a much faster transition, however, we wanted to really make the new Store special, and not just change some simple things around.
    Hope this helps explain why the time frame is what it is. We appreciate everyone\’s patience during this time and can\’t wait to \”open our doors\” to everyone!

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 7:05 am

@PSPMAN07

When a commenter says, “The surprise is GT5:P”, then yes, they are stating that Sony is giving the news since GT5:P is a Sony internal game.

And I never said Sony didn’t know about it. I am saying that Sony is not going to be the one revealing the “surprise”. So there is no need to be asking about the “surprise” in a blog post about the PS Store Update, since it really has nothing to do with the Store update.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 7:08 am

@37

somebody can’t count.

it’s 15 hours.

Seba501 said:

April 14th, 7:09 am

Nice.

PSN CARDS !!!!

Fersis said:

April 14th, 7:09 am

Hey anyone noticed that the Kojima Productions Nº87 is missing?!
something funny is happening…. some great news maybe ?

drdre74 said:

April 14th, 7:12 am

there is no very special treat. Just the updated store. Im not holding my breathe for anything very special. If they put something up that us cool then so be it. Can we still play games online? I need to be able to play COD4.

sacredena said:

April 14th, 7:18 am

@frito

Damn, must suck to be an xbot like you huh? How sad do you have to be to come here and hate?

Jeigh said:

April 14th, 7:22 am

@43 (sacredena)

Yeah, that’s pretty much all he does. If I’m mad at Sony about anything, it’s letting this… “guy” continue to post here. I doubt he even has a PS3, let alone wants to use the Store in the next 24 hours. I guess his 3FixMe is in for repairs AGAIN. XD

Grace Chen's Avatar

Noel Silvia said:

April 14th, 10:03 am

We appreciate all comments, both supportive and constructively critical, here on the blog, which makes it such a great place to interact.
    Hopefully my reply to him will be enlightening and help to clear up for him and others with the same confusion he had in the difference between the old and new Stores.

I know I\’ve said it before, and I\’ll be saying it again, but thanks for the support, patience, and understanding from everyone you\’ve shown us during this time.
    Seriously, you guys rule!

p-s-3 said:

April 14th, 7:23 am

Nice one ;) Keep up the good work ;)
p.s We NEED PSN Cards for the U.K please ;) (+Europe&USA)

tweaker said:

April 14th, 7:37 am

Hi Grace Chen!

gamer812 said:

April 14th, 7:44 am

I can’t wait to check out the new store…….but I’m more interested in this surprise. Hopefully, it’ll be mind blowing.

PSPMAN07 said:

April 14th, 7:44 am

@eclipsed4utoo

Umm how do you know this? If the surprise has something to do with a service of Sony (Yes I know its about MGS4/MGO however if the PS Store or something Sony related is involved like expected a Sony Rep could release the info), it could be possible that a Sony Rep delivers the news, such as the Destination Playstation announcement, that is the point. In any case, it’ll be best to wait and see, meanwhile it isn’t open season to bash someone.

C-h-a-o-s said:

April 14th, 7:44 am

I can wait, there’s nothing on the store I want as of yet.

MakgSnake said:

April 14th, 7:45 am

I think they have forgotten what the surprise is….

hmmmmmmm