PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 14

Apr 14

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to provide an update about the PlayStation Store. The store for both the PS3 and PC will be unavailable starting early morning Monday, April 14 through early morning of Tuesday, April 15. You will not be able to access either store during this maintenance window.

As you know, we are preparing to release the revamped interface of the PlayStation Store for the PS3, which will be available on Tuesday. Regular weekly updates of the store will resume on Thursday, April 17, along with the release of GT5 Prologue.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about the upcoming store design!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

thingg said:

April 14th, 7:45 am

@46
get a life

@35
Thanks.

Toyboxx said:

April 14th, 7:46 am

I’m curious to know what the suprise is about today that was mentioned in the last PS blog post. I hope this isn’t it.

Aaron said:

April 14th, 7:49 am

Thanks for keeping us updated Grace!

@ everyone

the surprise will most likely be MGS4 related since the guy that posted that blog post is from Konami. I think it might this http://kotaku.com/379264/oh-that-mgs4-headset-is-real

FFObsessed said:

April 14th, 7:49 am

Thanx Grace, I’m assuming this is the same for the EU store too?

Please can we have more PS1 classics up on the store this year. That’s what I want most out of the PS Store.

thefoxtrot said:

April 14th, 7:50 am

metal gear solid headset is the surprise…letdown confirmed.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 7:52 am

@Aaron

have you taken a close look at the picture of the headset? look at it’s weight……12LBS.

now take a look at the dimensions. the smallest dimensions are 5″x8″. do you really know how big that is? get a tape measure.

jumpship12 said:

April 14th, 7:52 am

There will be a metal gear blog post sometime today to let us all know the “surprise”.

Toyboxx said:

April 14th, 7:54 am

I agree if the suprise is the MGS4 headset, although cool, I’d still be let down because there is no confirmation as to when the MGS4/PS3 bundle will be available.

Gaucho21 said:

April 14th, 7:54 am

A MGS headset wouldn’t be a letdown, that sounds pretty sweet. especially considering everything else thats coming out a bonus like this is pretty awesome.

Toyboxx said:

April 14th, 7:56 am

If the suprise is the MGS4 headset, although cool, I’d still be let down because there is no confirmation as to when the MGS4/PS3 bundle will be made available.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 7:57 am

@58

incase you didn’t read the MGS4 blog post…

“In case you have not heard, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots hits stores June 12th, 2008 and is rated “M” by the ESRB. This is for all the different configurations of the product, detailed below, which includes: the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Standard Edition, the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Limited Edition, the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” PLAYSTATION 3 Hardware Bundle, and the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Limited Edition PLAYSTATION 3 Hardware Bundle. We’ll get to details on each of these below.”

dEaDmATe said:

April 14th, 7:58 am

Oh sweet. I mean come on people if you already haven’t admitted it, you should. This is awesome. Unlike Xbox, Playstation actually updates their things frequently.. and I bet the Sony Blog Employee’s are having a kick reading all our comments. lol

Aaron said:

April 14th, 7:58 am

@eclipsed4utoo

Thats the different packs stores can order thats why its 12lbs lol

ChrispyCritter said:

April 14th, 7:59 am

I can’t wait to check it out :)

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 8:04 am

@63

ok…that could be the case….so what about the dimensions for the .5oz “product”. that would have to be the weight of the actual headset, correct? at 5″x9″(8.8″), that’s going to take up more than half of the side of your head.

COOL__JOSH said:

April 14th, 8:05 am

just one more day YES!

grif said:

April 14th, 8:08 am

Make the EoJ Set 2 licence download available for purchase in North America, as the Set 2 physical cards are already available to the public (e.g. Gamestop) and they can’t use them if they can’t download the EoJ set 2 licence.

grif said:

April 14th, 8:09 am

EoJ = Eye of Judgment

StalkingSilence said:

April 14th, 8:11 am

Clearing up some space on my 60gb for Thursday.

whoelse said:

April 14th, 8:12 am

Cool. But i cant wait for the surprise…. if there really is one… and if it really is special.

Gaucho21 said:

April 14th, 8:14 am

maybe (hopefully) its another MGS special edition that comes with a soda drinking monkey.

kspraydad said:

April 14th, 8:20 am

@66…that ‘poster’ is for retailers. The dimensions you are seeing is including the packaging…it is not the dimensions of the actual headset. Sheeeesh.

If it wasn’t for Kotaku (again) getting wind of the headset I’d think it would be a great ‘surprise’ from Konami to post on the blog…many of you seem to expect mana from above.

@Toybox…or you could visit the SonyStyle store and pre-order it. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665371946

Looking forward to the new integrated store…it’ll make my Thursdays nicer.

bigdinz said:

April 14th, 8:22 am

Sweet! Hope there are many new items not just GTP!

NSI said:

April 14th, 8:31 am

No theories that the surprise will be the moving of Home to open beta?

Zaku said:

April 14th, 8:32 am

Just a out of the blue question but when the new store goes up, will it be formatted for 16:9 480p? I noticed that for the old store, when you went to it in 16:9 480p, it only comes up in a 4:3 aspect. I ask this cause I’m more comfortable with 16:9 480p because on my Sony WEGA, 720p cuts off the edges of the screen (for the store, for games, etc.).

Toyboxx said:

April 14th, 8:32 am

Thanks for the correction everyone. I can’t type this morning. I meant confirmation as to when the MGS4/PS3 pre-orders will be made available.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 8:34 am

@NSI

does Home have anything to do with Konami?

IceCold said:

April 14th, 8:44 am

Thanks for the update.

kspraydad said:

April 14th, 8:44 am

@77 see @73 pre order is up.

ant41789 said:

April 14th, 8:45 am

wat a great b-day present 4 me on my 19th..

jasonmasr said:

April 14th, 8:59 am

the only news i am interested in is where and when i can reserve/purchase the limited edition hardware. i have cash and card in hand, just waiting.

pr1m3_5u5p3ct said:

April 14th, 9:03 am

thanks for the update, keep em coming! Can’t wait!

themule said:

April 14th, 9:03 am

I demand to be surprised!!!

bobamuknunbabo said:

April 14th, 9:05 am

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MGS4 GUNMETAL GREY PS3 PRE-ORDER! I hope that is the big surprise today as i am parked in front, ready to do so =]

@80
WHERE IS THE PREORDER UP?

Majin_Neo said:

April 14th, 9:06 am

That is great I can’t wait. Is the launch of the new store going to hinder releases of new content on the store this week?

Netweb said:

April 14th, 9:13 am

HOME Open Beta… xD

Zaku said:

April 14th, 9:13 am

@ 86:

Content resumes this Thursday so no.

Makasu said:

April 14th, 9:16 am

I love surprises!

vandam said:

April 14th, 9:19 am

Funny thing i noticed with last update 2.20 Fix the problem I had with my External drive Staying ON(whether my PS3 was on or not). now it shut’s OFF when I shut my system down (like it did back in the Day). I was wondering if they could ever get them controllers charging why system was down. Can’t wait for new Store About time!!!!!

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 9:25 am

@90

It would also be nice to download while your PS3 was in Standby mode.

mywhitenoise said:

April 14th, 9:27 am

Firmware suggestions. The most important one for me is when transferring albums by mp3, all information is retained (artist, album, comments, track number), however when you transfer albums by AAC only the song title is retained. Is it possible to recognize AAC files the same way the PS3 does for mp3?

This has to do with the last suggestion, make an “edit all/multiple” function for music, photo, video, and game files. I spent so much time editing my AAC albums typing in the artist and album name over and over again for each file.
Make a more refined folder structure for the music (and I guess video, photo, and game) section. It would be nice to view folders by Artist, and then by Album folders.
Add a ‘copy all’ and ‘copy multiple’ function to save files for PS1/2 virtual memory cards and ps3 games.
Add the ability to sort files (specifically the games) in the order that you want them. I hate to mention the Wii, but sort of like how they do it, you can move the files in whatever order you want. For example, I have Superstardust HD in the middle of my folder, I’d like it near the top.
Add more color options for the XMB, the PSP has tons of color options.
Ability to transfer locked saves (what’s the point? Why can’t I back up my Loco Roco, or High Velocity Bowling save? If the network configuration is tied to my MAC address)
Have an option to automatically shut the controller off when idle for more than 3/5/10 minutes.
Disable the small menu (the ont that tells you what the buttons do) thats on the bottom right when playing a movie in the XMB. I know it’s only for a brief 2 seconds, but it’s still a little annoying.
Make RGB Full Range the default for people who set up with HDMI. Too many assholes out there giving misguided comparisons between 360 games.
Add PSEye functionality to the music visulaizer, something like Mesmerize would be really cool.
Play videos individually, and in groups.
How about adding some more icons for our accounts?

SLICKT8000 said:

April 14th, 9:29 am

It would be cool if the Suprise was the XMB being released in this Update instead of the next 2.40. Now that would be a SHOCK to me but I won’t get my hopes up that fast lol. And by the way all you that keep asking how much that New bundle MGS will be, its going to cost 500.00. Now you know! I already have a 80gig but my wife wants a PS3 so I told her I’ll give her mine and buy that Bundle for me in June LOL. She wants mine anyway cause those boring no use 40 gigs is the only PS3’s out and almost everyone doesn’t care for those. She loves she will have a 80gig too that reads Memory cards, unlike the 40gigs. I never care about BC. I get sick of hearing everyone BIT**ing about that every week on this MGS bundle coming June 12th 2008. If you want to play old PS2 games then buy a PS2 how hard is that, why would you DIS the PS3 with old games, It’s NEXT GEN not old so put it to USE with PS3 games thats what NEXT GEN MEANS. I hope they take that BC feature out and add something of more use like include a Full Keyboard with the PS3 bundle’s now. That I’d want way more than that UN-NEEDED BC. Dang you guys just go play those PS2 games on your dang PS2. JEEZE!!

DDBdestroyer said:

April 14th, 9:31 am

@ 37 – well seeing as its changing from a web based store to an application then im not surprised… plus they are doing this worldwide – and it has to be based in one part of the world – thats why its 24 hours – different time zones

cant wait for this – keep up the great work and thnx for keepin us updated!!

whoelse said:

April 14th, 9:32 am

I hope this store tells you how big the file size is before it starts to download.

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 9:32 am

@KingLink

I guess you would rather then release buggy, incomplete features just so we can say, “look what we got”.

Yeah, c’mon Sony, rush everything just to get it out. we don’t care if it turns out crappy. we just want anything.

bobamuknunbabo said:

April 14th, 9:34 am

PLEASE MGS4 NEWS for the surprise!
Gun Metal Grey MGS4 PS3

eclipsed4utoo said:

April 14th, 9:34 am

@96 – whoelse

the current store tells you how big the file is before downloading.

rojo7 said:

April 14th, 9:34 am

nice, we have our faith in you…
and in the MGO beta :]
is the PSN going to be down for online games meanwhile that happens?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8