Marvel's Spider-Man

May 06

May 06

The Final Countdown: Europe’s PlayStation Day is here

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Hey everyone, this is a heads up to let you know about an event that’s been going on over in Europe today: PlayStation Day! Our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe are showing off some of the most exciting upcoming games for PLAYSTATION 3, PSP, PLAYSTATION Network and PlayStation 2 in London, England.

featured_image_playstation_day_2008_en

Kicking off with a press conference, Kaz Hirai, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., and David Reeves, President of SCEE, introduced key upcoming content for PlayStation formats. Afterwards the assembled press got their hands on the first playable versions of several key titles, including LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, MotorStorm Pacific Rift and Resistance 2. Not a bad lineup! Expect to see updates on your favorite gaming site in the very near future.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of news, screens, and movies over at eu.playstation.com for you to check out.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Redshryke said:

May 6th, 9:34 am

Killzone 2 in February of 2009… :(

Stoffinator said:

May 6th, 9:38 am

I just watched a live blog from it. Wasn’t that great. I guess because some of the “big” stuff had nothing to do with us, like Playtv and so on. Killzone 2 coming out next year didn’t surprise me, I expected that anyway.

ftwrthtx said:

May 6th, 9:42 am

I want a Playstaion Day here in the US. Have it in San Francisco!

Thanks for the info.

davidc14 said:

May 6th, 9:48 am

I’m not happy. No dualshock 3 release info yet. For christ’s sake it’s out in America and Japan, the least you can do is give us a frickin’ date.

Chrisrahosiris said:

May 6th, 9:53 am

I was a little sad that KZ2 was delayed until Feb 09 and then I remembered, I’ll be so busy playing so many games that when Feb 09 rolls around I’ll be happy that the company waited and unleashed a masterpiece.

StalkingSilence said:

May 6th, 9:54 am

Jeff,
Here’s a better link directly to SCEE’s PlayStation Day page:

OldManGaming said:

May 6th, 9:55 am

thanks for sharing this Jeff. Will we (USA) be having our own PlayStation Day soon?

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 9:56 am

Ha, this is basically Heaven. I love big events like this. So much information flowing in. Thanks. :D

gardea said:

May 6th, 10:01 am

Have the next Sony Gamer’s Day in San Bernardino, CA. It’s right in the middle, so everyone can save gas while they come here from other cities :)

the_culture said:

May 6th, 10:04 am

This is going to be one heck of a year. Even if just Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, PlayStation Home, and SOCOM come out this, it will be crazy good times for us all.

Add to that Afrika, Killzone 2, White Knight Story, FFXIII, FFXIII Versus, Infamous, God of War 3, PixelJunk Eden, Flower, Eight Days, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift… there’s no reason to even own another console! :)

I hope you guys release some new info on Afrika and Eight Days.

Fersis said:

May 6th, 10:06 am

3ftwrthtx

I want a Playstaion Day here in South America. Have it at my house!
:D
Cheers

TouchyEd said:

May 6th, 10:09 am

Killzone 2 is just vaporware.

Money1 said:

May 6th, 10:11 am

Cali almost gets everything, comicon, E3, etc. Have gamers day in Houston,Tx

Tondog said:

May 6th, 10:12 am

Mirror’s Edge looks AMAZING! Can’t wait to play that one. Kudos to EA/DICE!

XcoM said:

May 6th, 10:25 am

Wait, SCEE are actually doing SOMETHING? Pity it couldn’t be fixing the EU PSStore or responding to the numerous complaints against them.

We have:
A content-less store,
An overpriced store,
No official blog; No communication with customers (not even on their official forums),
Lots and lots of mysterious delays…

Need I go on?

Bravo to SCEA for actually engaging and trying to listen to consumers. Perhaps you could give SCEE a major nudge?

XxBigP123xX said:

May 6th, 10:29 am

Will the KZ2 trailer be up on the NA PSN? Please?

jdovermy said:

May 6th, 10:43 am

Love the title for this post…Final Countdown: Europe…haha

kenji said:

May 6th, 10:48 am

Please put the Haze Demo up today for the US also, is this a possiblilty?

Draicus said:

May 6th, 11:03 am

The new Killzone 2 trailer is hot, as well as the screenshot. Plus Resistance 2 looks face-meltingly awesome; as expected. Can’t wait to see these things in HD.

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 11:08 am

Oi. That Mirror’s Edge trailer made me a little sick. :(

Joe said:

May 6th, 11:12 am

I have to say with all the new PS3 games be it new Eye Toy game or just more info on games like Killzone 2 I am happy to own a PS3.

Also is there any chance of bringing Music to buy to PSN. There is talks that in the summer that movies will be able to be downloaded and I was wondering if there would be a chance you could buy music too?

I know Sony Connect closed but I was wondering if you still own the rights to those songs so you could buy them off of PSN instead of connect or would there be new songs too like ones that never were on connect?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 11:27 am

@ Jeff

Actually, I meant sick as in “motion sickness.” It definitely looks good, hell, I may even have to put aside my massive resentment for EA, but HD won’t really help me either way- six TVs in my house and every single one of them is SD. Paying for college pretty much ensures that it’ll be staying that way for awhile.

Also, do you happen to know if the EyeToy games work on the PSEye? I’d assume so, but you know what they say about ‘assume’-ing things.

kenji said:

May 6th, 11:31 am

Jeff Rubenstein is there any chance that the US will be getting the Haze Demo today or will it be Thursday?

erico316 said:

May 6th, 11:33 am

@ jeff will the usa get a playstation day?
will it be open up to the public?
and can we have its takes place in nyc ?
its suck that nyc never get a gaming event is there a reason for this?

rojo7 said:

May 6th, 11:35 am

hey jeff, do you know if we are getting the haze demo too on thursday? or is it only for UK gamers?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

May 6th, 2:24 pm

I\’ll know more tomorrow, stay tuned to the blog for an update.

benbot80 said:

May 6th, 11:36 am

“in London, England.”

Lol, I think everyone knows where London is.

Anyway, good press conference overall. Just a shame there wasn’t any big announcements.

Mirror’s Edge looks amazing too and even the soundtrack sounds fantastic.

Enforcer_X said:

May 6th, 11:38 am

Yeah HAZE

Enforcer_X said:

May 6th, 11:39 am

I mean Yeah HAZE hopefully the NA PSN gets that update today!

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

Knock off the spamming Enforcer. In fact I’m voting for Enforcer to be kicked off the Island!

Vipre77 said:

May 6th, 11:45 am

NYC never gets a gaming event? San Francisco should get a PS Day? San Bernardino? Screw you all… When was the last time you heard anything about Milwaukee, Minneapolis/St. Paul, St. Louis, or even Chicago getting an event like that? It’s always the east or west coast, usually NYC, SF, or LA. We midwesterners never get any love… :( The closest thing we ever get is a little trailer thing that tags along with the Ozzfest tour.

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 11:45 am

Oh, sorry. I just figured out that you must have accidentally hit submit the first time. I retract my vote. :P

izeyah said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

@30

because no one cares about the midwest. jk, I’m from IL.

@Sony

put insomniac in charge of in game xmb. you guys cant get it done.

Vipre77 said:

May 6th, 11:58 am

@32
It’s true, though, unfortunately. I’m not about to travel 1500 miles or more in either direction to partake in the events we do have here in the States. Hell, even 100 miles would really be pushing it.

Toast said:

May 6th, 12:10 pm

Days like this make me wish i was a member of the press getting to play R2 early.

Then i remember I would have to write several times a week and spell and grammar check. That’s not a nice trade off…

Dubbedinenglish said:

May 6th, 12:16 pm

Interesting title thar Jeff….Are you implying NA gets its own Gamer Day as well?

Baki said:

May 6th, 12:28 pm

@Jeff: First I would like to say that SCEA is doing a great job of catering to the consumers in the North America. But I must say, that SCEE is doing a P*** poor job of catering to the Europeans.

Firstly, where the F*** is the Dual Shock 3’s. A release date hasn’t even been announced. (It’s not like you have to localise the hardware) Secondly, my friend is looking to buy a PS3 when MGS 4 drops but I’m afraid that I’m going to have to tell him to wait instead of buying the S***ty bundle that SCEE is offering. I can’t believe the bundle still has the obsolete Six-Axis while our friends across the sea (NA) get a 80GB PS3 (BC compatible) with MGS 4, PAIN PSN game and a dualshock 3 all at RRP . While we get a bundle above RRP and it doesn’t even have a Dual Shock 3. Sorry, but enough is enough. Europe is your strongest territory and yet you continue to treat us like second class citizens. WHY are you dumping your six-axis’s in Europe. I don’t understand, we are receptive to your product so you take advantage of us. Again, this is directed at SCEE not SCEA!

Regards,

erico316 said:

May 6th, 12:31 pm

nyc doesnt get eveent about gaming all we get is that dam comic con in which no one care about let nyc get it own gaming event after all nyc the city most game are recreatingnow or day exp hunk,gta4,prototype to names a few

Aaron said:

May 6th, 12:35 pm

Awesome post Jeff!

Jeff I do have a question. The God of War PSP is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com will you be making a post on the blog about the God of War PSP release date soon?

Jeigh said:

May 6th, 12:43 pm

I feel for you Baki, and if you ever need my support in anyway, just let me know. I’m a lifelong Europhile and Sony should be at this point too. Though, I’m not entirely sure why there’s been any delay anywhere with the DS3. Localization does not appear to be an issue at all.

I really wish everything would work in sync between the regions, ’cause you guys actually have some demos that we yet to see (Everybody’s Golf 5 for example) and we most certainly have things that I’m sure you’d all like.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Sorry to get on my soap box, Jeff. I’ll get off now.

Pseudo_Ops said:

May 6th, 12:45 pm

Well Sony as some of us live in the UK who post here (not that many). Well done on the Playstation Day. But as a previous post (no.15) the PSN store is diabolical.

Most of us create NA accounts so we can access the NA store for better media.

When the NA Store cards come out in another few months will it be possible to use these here in the UK if we have an NA account ?

Spigget said:

May 6th, 12:49 pm

Any news on Wipeout HD? ^_^

Really waitin on that and the Pixel Junk Expansion.

Gunwing said:

May 6th, 12:49 pm

Please for the love of god hold the next PlayStation Day in the US and have it in Minnasota! We get Microsoft conventions for their next PC software stuff all the time in the Twin Citys at the XL center but nver anything from Nintendo, or Sony! It would rock too See Sony come down to the XL Center! Plus it has killer acustics for live music and presentations. Many bands play there and love it for the great sound they get and hear from their instruments. Think of how cool it would be to do a full Sony Gamers Day there where everybody in the whole room could hear the big announcments. Plus it can hold like 40000 people at a time so you would get a huge turn out.

subbed said:

May 6th, 12:58 pm

Jeff get us some video of the gameplay R2 and KZ2.

I know you dont control what they share but some WipeoutHD info would be great. Also put its trailer up in the US.

Zta said:

May 6th, 1:08 pm

The EU playstation site renders fatally in my Firefox browser on Ubuntu and has done so for several versions of Firefox. Would it be possible to cut down the amount of flash and just use normal html+css, please?

p-s-3 said:

May 6th, 1:18 pm

Please for the love of god hold the next PlayStation Day in my House!!! ;D
I enjoyed reading all the News on it ;)
Nice one ;)
+Still on the U.K/E.U PSN Site the photos load up slow??? Will it ever be fixed?

Enforcer_X said:

May 6th, 1:23 pm

We are still cool Jeigh!
YEAH HAZE! =)

Theossie said:

May 6th, 1:43 pm

Any chance we’ll see the conference on PSN?

Kamesen said:

May 6th, 2:03 pm

SONY HOW ABOUT A HOME TRAILER PLEASE? thanku ^.^

Zorox said:

May 6th, 2:05 pm

All we pretty much got was a bunch of delays. No new game announcements…Same old sales and promises.

Daver said:

May 6th, 2:10 pm

@38 Aaron

Make some research my friend… they already gave the date for it a while ago.. i think it was middle of june or something like that.

On Topic …Well I’m happy of the info we got today, even if i was expecting a little more..
Killzone delay, thats too bad :( or is it only for Europe? loll
Anyway Good job.. hope to get some new things soon

PAGE 1 2