Final Fantasy XV

Jun 27

Jun 27

SOCOM: Confrontation Media Day Coverage!

David Brothers's Avatar Posted by SOCOM.com

David “Point Man” Brothers here once again with some news on a series of posts on SOCOM.com you may want to see.

SOCOM Media Day

This past Tuesday, Sony threw a Media Day just outside of Las Vegas. The Sony team, Slant Six reps, myself, and a bunch of reporters went out into the desert to shoot some guns, have some fun, and get some new facts on SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation and the official Bluetooth Headset for PLAYSTATION 3.

PS3 Bluetooth

Click on over to SOCOM.com to check out the beginning of our coverage. We’re going to hit the ground running today and keep the info coming to you next week.

SOCOM Media Day

Below we’ve got a flyby of Quarantine, one of the stages that were spotlighted on Tuesday, plus a few shots of the goings-on at the event. That’s just to whet your appetite, though. Come get the main course over at SOCOM.com!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Decloak said:

June 27th, 9:09 am

Looking good guys!!!

Septimus said:

June 27th, 9:09 am

Can’t wait to play. Fly by stage looks awesome.

reson8er said:

June 27th, 9:12 am

Awesome news! The headset looks great, and I can’t wait till my Qore Beta becomes available.

This is truly the year of PS3!

bigfnrabbit said:

June 27th, 9:13 am

WHEN CAN Qore USERS GET IN ON THE BETA ACTION?

PLEASE ANSWER ME!

tretle said:

June 27th, 9:24 am

That headset should be packaged with the ps3 in the future. Looks friggen slick.

StupidityTries said:

June 27th, 9:28 am

Any word on pricing yet?
Should we expect this to be on par with what Warhawk was or is this headset bundle going to run for more?

Aerfox said:

June 27th, 9:30 am

I like the new Bluetooth headset being packaged with Socom Confrontation. Quarantine looks amazing. When does the beta begin David?

Rendered said:

June 27th, 9:35 am

I saw a video somewhere that said the headset will work with the game. An icon will show up when you mute it and a speaking one will appear when you are talking or something. I already have a headset and I am probably not going to buy the bundle. I want to know if it will do the same thing with my headset or will I just end up talking to myself online.

gardea said:

June 27th, 9:37 am

I don’t know… Quarantine doesn’t feel like a SOCOM map.

ISEMAN said:

June 27th, 9:38 am

Footage is looking great and that headset is dang sexy!

C-h-a-o-s said:

June 27th, 9:40 am

I can’t wait to get my hands on the game and headset. I hope the price wont be too much!

@ bigfnrabbit

The beta isn’t out yet and when it is Qore users will have to wait till two weeks after it’s initial start of the beta to gain access.

TristanMike said:

June 27th, 9:41 am

More shooters… YAY ! :/

Headset looks nice, here’s hoping for a FAIR price point and better quality than the MGS4 headset.

reson8er said:

June 27th, 9:41 am

@ gardea

Quarantine is meant to be more arcade-y in nature, but they are bringing back 5 classic (re-envisioned) SOCOM maps. They are just trying to give variety to gameplay :)

Adamalicious said:

June 27th, 9:42 am

@Rendered

The new headset is going to work that way with the PS3, not just SOCOM. Other headsets will not be integrated with the PS3 in the same way.

Al2x said:

June 27th, 9:48 am

Sony, You guys should take note from “other” console makers which means including your finally Official microphone with each console bundle, so that everyone on PSN is audible.

maluraq said:

June 27th, 9:49 am

That headset looks nice, but I just use my PS Eye for a microphone 99% of the time now. The game looks great though, can’t wait to give it a try.

CrazyClown said:

June 27th, 9:51 am

wow truly amazing keep uo the good work and must i say you should begin to market your product especially at e3 but a preview before would lead to excitement

Stallone said:

June 27th, 9:51 am

OH YES!!!!!!!!

emjayx said:

June 27th, 9:53 am

Nice, more map previews please :P

David Brothers's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 27th, 11:05 am

take a look at SOCOM.com – they\’ve got more already!

WHAT said:

June 27th, 10:05 am

Even though I don’t think it looks all that good and looks to be on another planet. It looks like a fun place to play.

evilman279 said:

June 27th, 10:06 am

wow Quarantin looks nice =D. wish we had more fly by’s for other maps

lakaihigh said:

June 27th, 10:18 am

Quaratin looks very slick guys! can’t wait to get my hands on some confrontation. headset looks very sick as well. I’ll probably end up buying the blu ray version, but if the headset is priced accordingly then i might pick it up seperatly and just d/l confrontation. i guess we’ll see! thanks for the info.

cheers,
Lh

yunier91 said:

June 27th, 10:23 am

headset is good ..

diablo103 said:

June 27th, 10:28 am

cool cant waite

Jeigh said:

June 27th, 10:36 am

It’s a nice headset, and in my mind I could actually see fire-fights going on in that fly-by. It definitely looks like it could have some very intricate tactical fighting going on.

Though I do have to agree with one of the earlier posters- it doesn’t exactly ring ‘Socom.’ It seems more like something you’d see in one of those tournament games like UT.

Keysersoze10033 said:

June 27th, 10:41 am

The mic looks sweet. I can’t wait!

WoodyWood09 said:

June 27th, 10:55 am

Cool, I am really looking forward to Socom!

nmc75 said:

June 27th, 10:57 am

I like what I see.. but I feel there are too many games like this vying for my attention lately, ie; MGO, COD4, Battlefield BC, Warhawk. How are people able to handle the sheer volume of these types of games, because I really want to play all of them and get into them. What I’ve noticed are people migrating from one game to another, ie; people stop playing Resistance and get on Rainbow 6 Vegas, then COD4, which sucks for those of us who get into a game 6 months later because the community would have dwindled due to the next big game.

PsychoEddie said:

June 27th, 11:12 am

@David

Does the game have a gamma correction option?
Can players talk to each other while playing online and if so, please tell me there’s a mute option.
Can I find someone on my friends list and join their game?
Can I add someone to my friends list without having to exit the game?
Is there a lobby where players talk smack before and after a game, and can the mewling eight year olds be muted there too?
Can players be kicked/voted from a game?
The socom series is legendary for being buggier than chameleon crap. Combined Assault has an unfixed bug list longer than Tommy Lee’s drumstick. How extensive is this game being QA’d and is a triage team being assembled to deal with bugs after launch? The Warhawk folks have set the bar on customer support, so you’ll have a tough row to hoe.
I don’t play any of the socom games any more, because of the innumerable bugs they contain and the rampant game hackers that infest the servers. Why should I layout my hard earned frog skins for this game?

Azured_Scorpio said:

June 27th, 11:12 am

WOW! Its looking awesome. Looks like for the first time ever I will have to setup a schedule for my gaming plan. One day for each game or switch games every two hours! *sigh*
I can feel the love of the PS3!

Korlithiel said:

June 27th, 11:18 am

Vegas, never Seattle. Ah well, looks like it was fun.

Seanscythe2 said:

June 27th, 11:27 am

I still don’t get why we qore subscribers have to wait 2 weeks after it starts to get in the beta. Also I hope this game has in game custom soundtracks.

Ed187 said:

June 27th, 11:37 am

I can’t wait for this game.

dundada08 said:

June 27th, 11:42 am

i think the headset come packaged with the game (just like warhawk)

Quarantine looks like a good map, but it doesnt have the socom feel. i expect that to change once i play it though

un4gvn94538 said:

June 27th, 11:50 am

too bad i dont really have a whole lot of time to really make this purchase worth it for me. looks good. ill have to wait for a single player game :(

GameFace said:

June 27th, 11:53 am

Socom game and a Bluetooth Headset for $59.99 now thats awesome.

outkast32 said:

June 27th, 11:58 am

@ David Brothers// Socom

Will u be giving more information on the game through out the comming week?

Things i would like to know about is how the co-op will work in this game and how u will utilize it if any?

Will you have co-op online, but are still able to get medals, awards, etc…..like what they are putting in cod5?

leafs_fan said:

June 27th, 12:10 pm

Is Sony the manufacturer of the headset?

KazeEternal said:

June 27th, 12:11 pm

Here’s hoping for a separate headset release, I’ve never been a fan of SOCOM. I don’t think any of my friends are opting to get it. Online only games have some serious draw backs to them.

the_icon said:

June 27th, 12:13 pm

The blue-tooth headset looks wicked…

P_tear_griffin said:

June 27th, 12:30 pm

Can’t wait to play this one. Hope it’ll come with an online tutorial for those of us who’ve either played little or not played Socom before.

ShadowBlade said:

June 27th, 12:41 pm

Is there a price for the headset yet, or the Socom with the headset.

Enforcer_X said:

June 27th, 12:42 pm

SWEET! Can’t wait! Headset is a MUST HAVE!

CrimsonFox13 said:

June 27th, 12:47 pm

Cool! Thanks for the update! I can’t wait to get my hands on that game and headset!

Stoffinator said:

June 27th, 12:55 pm

I’ve never played any Socom games before, but this one does look pretty good. Also a bonus that you get the head set.

Atoms said:

June 27th, 1:02 pm

Well done gentleman, as expected.

pavIovic said:

June 27th, 1:13 pm

Can’t wait for Confrontation, it’s looking goos, keep the good work and bring back the glorious Socom days

tearsofash said:

June 27th, 1:22 pm

About that bluetooth headset. Available outside of purchasing Socom?

TouchyEd said:

June 27th, 1:38 pm

Does SOCOM support:

1. Local Splitscreen (so 4 buddies can play without going online)?

2. Online splitscreen (so 4 buddies can go online and play against others like in Warhawk)?

Joe said:

June 27th, 2:02 pm

Socom looks great and I know this has nothing to do with this article but I was wondering if there would ever be a Socom RTS game or any other RTS game on the PS3.

Also is there any chance Afrika will come out in the US. All I hear is that it will be out in Japan and I really want this game. So I hope it comes out in the US.

PAGE 1 2