Overwatch

Jun 29

Jun 29

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

What did we learn this week? The Sony Group Corporate Strategy Update revealed a few things you’ll be hearing more about in the near future, the PSP and Metrocards go hand in hand, and inFAMOUS looks pretty damn good.

Here’s where I ask for your links: As always, feel free to share your favorite reads in the comments below. Comments may take longer than usual to appear – even bloggers deserve a day off.

But because I know what you’re going to ask about, and because we don’t traffic in rumors and/or speculation, I invite you to come back to the Blog tonight (just shy of midnight Pacific). We’ve got a video to show you.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of 6/23)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

tretle said:

June 29th, 2:41 pm

@97 +1

C-h-a-o-s said:

June 29th, 2:45 pm

Looking forward to “Life with PlayStation” should be very interesting.

p-s-3 said:

June 29th, 2:46 pm

I’m worried! This this site will crash when that video is out??? I’m sure millions will want to see it! ;-P Hope it all goes well tho ;) Can’t wait ;)

evilman279 said:

June 29th, 2:47 pm

wow this is awesome, i hope we all get to see what we want to see. if i see something else im going to cry like an emo girl

Sentry said:

June 29th, 2:48 pm

@ 97

Agreed, you remember way back when he unveiled his self to us (lol), ahh the good ol days of the blog.

aiphanes said:

June 29th, 2:48 pm

Jeff this is Aiphanes. I will be looking forward to you videos…and hopefully I will get to add you to PSN. Anyway keep up the good work. This is the best blog on the planet.

Peace,

Aiphanes

L3W1_UK said:

June 29th, 2:49 pm

Hi Guys and jeff,

id just like to say, if sony could release XMB in-game ect… it would make the PS3 Unstoppable. i think thats all gamers want now, after waiting just over a year for XMB.
Jeff, Sony… dont let us down, thats all i ask :D

oh btw. this is off topic, could you ring up EA Or Dice and tell them to Add Clan support To Battlefield Bad Company LOL :D. (also add, just do it for PS3, Xbox Suks :D)

Thanks, Lewi
Envy Our Perfection

joel said:

June 29th, 2:49 pm

Thanks jeff and all of the ps blog

for making this moment come true =D

evilman279 said:

June 29th, 2:49 pm

@c-h-a-o-s lets hope is not a playstation life video

Lex_Yayo_407 said:

June 29th, 2:53 pm

I hope you can be able to add me Jeff. PSN ID: Lex_Yayo_407. 2.40 video tonight!!!

LiquidSun said:

June 29th, 2:54 pm

Can SCEA please take over Europe also, and please fire everyone at SCEE.

Thank you.

craigiversen said:

June 29th, 2:57 pm

lol @108. I totally, utterly agree. Maybe not fire everyone, as it’s the top 10% who must be responsible for the Europe side of things.

Anyhow, eagerly awaiting the news and videos, looks to be 7pm New Zealand time!

evilman279 said:

June 29th, 2:59 pm

ahhh im so happpy, cant wait

Thunderstruck said:

June 29th, 2:59 pm

I hope the video will be Jeff lip syncing to Rick Astley wearing his “In XMB” t-shirt :-D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 29th, 4:04 pm

There will be no Rickrolling on the blog. I\’d be shot.

night_sign said:

June 29th, 3:01 pm

Jeff Rubenstein two videos and a list of games compatible with xmb in-game and trophies?

L3W1_UK said:

June 29th, 3:02 pm

@108, dont forget to Fire everyone At EA/Dice.

Wtf.. they Turned BFBC into a less than half finshed game…
Dice need a wake up call,

They need to be fired, :D

cinnister said:

June 29th, 3:08 pm

oh its Big Boss Extreme mode alright…………….while he’s dressed up as snake………..IN LITTLEBIGPLANET!!!!!!!!!

cinnister said:

June 29th, 3:08 pm

wait……..that wouldnt be funny at all.

ashtonFX said:

June 29th, 3:13 pm

hey that’s a very good news ,,,

Jeff

off topic:

I have one request,,,your ad campaign in Canada is lacking,,,I mean I mostly watch comedy central ,mtv, G4techtv and I barely see PS3 ads,,,,I know you guys do a lot of advertising on comedy central in US but in Canada the ads are different.

I mean I see mostly 360 ads in canada and not much PS3,,,could you guys at SCEA make sure that Canada gets some ads on proper channels aswell?thanks

Lovingit07 said:

June 29th, 3:16 pm

@108 …. i also agree….we here in Europe are being treated like crap….SCEA should take over!!

SCEA and SCEJ RULE….SCEE are lazy and SUCK!

joel said:

June 29th, 3:23 pm

Actually I think SCEJ is lazy as well, other than gran turismo and siren they arent making many games for the ps3.

tweaker said:

June 29th, 3:35 pm

Hi Jeff, one small question totally unrelated to firmware updates whatsoever. Can you personally tell those hardworking guys at Slant Six to release a video of the classic third person view for Socom. Thanks!

SOOOOOOOOONY said:

June 29th, 3:41 pm

Bahhhh, whatever guess I have to stay up.

OMG OMG EVERYONE SPREAD RUMORS THAT THE FIRMWATE 2.40 VIDEO IS COMMING OUT NO MATTER WHAT TONIGHT!!!1!!!11!oneone

dogswithguns said:

June 29th, 3:46 pm

Socom:Confrontation…. I cant wait.

chasegamez said:

June 29th, 3:52 pm

hey jeff why wasnt there an
announcement about the friend list being
updated to 100 friends

DarkUSS said:

June 29th, 3:53 pm

At loooong last, some official info for FW 2.40!

It sounds almost surreal:P

ultimate920 said:

June 29th, 3:55 pm

Wow, midnight?

Pacific time?
[Jeff, please let this be a good video]

kingv84 said:

June 29th, 3:58 pm

Great Great news, i can not wait, I guess I gotta wait till 6am German time to see it, too late for me. But Great News.Thanks. The day for 2.40 is coming I am so excited. Thanks Jeff. :-) PSN for the Win.

tretle said:

June 29th, 4:02 pm

Jeff, I am after ordering two dual shock 3 controllers, Playstation Eye,Blueray remote and 4 games so can you bug infinity ward to add support for the dual shock 3 into call of duty 4 and bug more games developers to mess around with the pseye :D
See what happens when Sony deliver on community feedback, we buy more stuff :D :P lol

IceColdKilla44 said:

June 29th, 4:02 pm

“we’ve got a video to show you”

*gasp* a demo of HOME?!? Omg Yessss!! o_O

Lol just kidding. PS Blog’s the best. Unlike SOME companies (coughcoughnintendocough), Sony listens to ppl’s feedback.

So who’s gonna give us the 2.4 rundown? Eric? Grace? JEFF? lol whoever it is, this is going to be huge!

And maybe we’ll get a release date too…….hm?

jbat17 said:

June 29th, 4:05 pm

will it be grace chen doing the demo video? i hope so.. that would be doubly hot

VenomX said:

June 29th, 4:06 pm

LOl, imagine that.

We get news saying “2.40 Walkthrough”

We click play on the video and the rick roll video comes up. How hilarious would that be.

Dc4eVeR__ said:

June 29th, 4:10 pm

Thanks JEFF!

Sentry said:

June 29th, 4:16 pm

I hope Jeff, Eric, and Grace are all in the video. Epic. Oh yeah, all wearing their ‘In-Shirt XMB’ t-shirts lol.

If we are going to have two 5 minute videos (10 minutes total!?), then surely you could fit all 3 demo-ers in there. :P

If not, who cares, hell you don’t even need to have anyone in the video, awesome speaks for itself.

Oh, and PLEASE get an HD version of the video up, kind of a pain to watch on Crackle, but Viddler seems to do the job much better.

gamesblow said:

June 29th, 4:20 pm

What about Noel? I think that guy is so funny, like the time he started punking everyone on the blog out, including me. He had people telling him he should be fired for how he handled certain comments, which I think were just fine and sometimes is warrented.

Even when I get out of line.

joel said:

June 29th, 4:27 pm

I would $hit myself if 2.40 comes out at midnight

teeach said:

June 29th, 4:29 pm

cheers jeff,

how about a hint of a release date aswell :)

im in uk and gonna wait up for this.

hardcore gaming session coming up i feel

aiphanes said:

June 29th, 4:34 pm

Jeff,

You should wear your “In XMB” T-Shirt when you do the video…but you already did the video right?

Sentry said:

June 29th, 4:38 pm

@ 132

Yeah Noel would be an awesome show up, I was only counting the people who have been in past video demos. Has he ever been in one? Well now would be a great first now wouldn’t it lol.

Well seeing its only 8 or so hours away, im gonna need to stay up for this one…

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Noel Silvia said:

June 29th, 10:58 pm

Noel can\’t appear in the videos, as \”NS\” is one of the hidden Patriots. ;-)

CoBrAbOy said:

June 29th, 4:47 pm

Jeff Thanks for all you guys do! I have one question though. Will these vids be in the store for download or just here on the blog? Add me…CoBrAbOy

See ya tonight @ 3am EST!

RoAcH2285 said:

June 29th, 4:55 pm

I’m really looking forward to the videos. The only thing is that this may mean we’re getting 2.40 this week and I’m leaving town on Wednesday. You guys couldn’t have picked a worse time. :(
Nah, its cool. If it does come out it’ll be here when I get back. :)

I can’t wait for my PS3 to be complete. Have a Happy 4th of July everyone.

P.S. Jeff….you are the Blog Masta.

the_icon said:

June 29th, 4:59 pm

Cant wait for the “video”

ashtonFX said:

June 29th, 5:02 pm

@Jeff

one more request jeff:

could you guys fund Naughty Dog more,so they can produce both jak and daxter and Uncharted?(one title every year just like insomniac with ratchet and clanck and resistance)

Who agrees with me on this one?

BabeBro said:

June 29th, 5:07 pm

Jeff I wanted to commend you also for putting up with a lot of the harsh comments from some of the public. The pressure is extremely hard on you guys, and I just think it ‘d feel a slight bit better if you knew there ARE people out here that appreciate your efforts. Demands are high, but you’ve managed to meet them.

Bring on the walkthrough and the firmware update and let’s watch this shiny black monster do it’s thing! :)

Thanks a ton and I will be tuning in around 8am Monday EST (I don’t want to flood servers, I’ve read the warning) to see what you have in store. I’m also looking forward to the future of the PS3 with you guys behind it :)

Jeigh said:

June 29th, 5:11 pm

You know I’ll be there. :D

Though I’ve got to be careful of whst comments I read- there are still creeps out there shooting off spoilers on MGS4. I’d use far harsher language for these creeps, but this site is rated T for Teen.

Sentry said:

June 29th, 5:12 pm

@ CoBrAbOy [137]

Well seeing that they never released any of the other walkthrough videos in the store (did they?) I don’t think they would for this one. But since this is so epic, they just might! :P

@ ashtonFX [140]

Yeah, I agree.. but I highly doubt it is as simple as throwing them cash. They need more people. If they had a clone of every current staff member, then it might be possible, but without more talented people on the job, I don’t think it’s that possible..

But I hope we see another Jack & Daxter game though, my god the thought of that just instantly turns on my joysticks.

AndyFraser said:

June 29th, 5:13 pm

Hey thanks alot Jeff, its about time too mind you.

01:13 here in scotland and i have to stay up until 8am.

I guess i will go and play some cod4 to pass the time

WHAT said:

June 29th, 5:15 pm

Today’s gaming PR:
Look at this wand, Stand on this piece of plastic, and take a look at this new firmware.
Oh, we have games too!

Jeigh said:

June 29th, 5:20 pm

Oh, and I am going to laugh so hard at all of these people if what appears tonight is not fw2.4. Serves them right for baseless speculation and expectation. They should start blaming themselves ahead of time to beat the midnight rush. I just look forward to a PlayStation video, whatever it may be.

They’re kissing your ring now, but they’ll just as quickly bite off your finger if they don’t get what they want. That’s the fickle nature of people.

May the Force, God and whatever other fictional supernatural entities that might be out there be with you tonight.

PirateThom said:

June 29th, 5:23 pm

@Jeigh

After this, if it’s not 2.4, Jeff may find a new job, you know what people on the internet are like. :P

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8