God of War

Jul 17

Jul 17

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP

Rayman ($5.99)
In the world of Rayman, people live in peace and harmony with nature, and the Great Protoon maintains the balance of the universe. One fateful day, Mr. Dark steals the Great Protoon and defeats Betilla the Fairy, plunging the whole world into darkness. It’s up to Rayman to defeat Mr. Dark and restore balance to the universe in this classic platforming game.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 97 MB

Downloadable Games

Elefunk – Free Demo, or Purchase ($4.99)
Use your construction skills to save elephants from a dangerous fall! In the new puzzle game Elefunk, your elephants must traverse 20 levels of ravines, rivers, fire pits and swamps – and they’ll only get across if you strengthen the structures correctly with metal, wood and rope. It’s real construction with realistic physics and three different game modes: Time Attack, Puzzle, and Deconstruction. Get building today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 408 MB

Game Demos (Free)

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Storm Playable Demo
Experience the stunning Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm demo! Duel against your friends or test your ninja skills against CPU controlled opponents! Engage in ninja battle like never before!
File size: 558 MB

Game Videos (Free)

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution Behind the Scenes Trailer
An exclusive Behind the Scenes look at the making of Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution from the development team at Firaxis Games. Featuring studio walkaround, in depth interviews with Sid Meier and the team, and creative insight into the game’s evolution.
File size: 316 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes (free)

Elefunk Theme
File size: 4.29 MB

E3 Videos and Trailers

PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 2
File size: 1.17 GB (HD)

PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 3
File size: 1.5 GB (HD)

PURE Trailer
File size: 12 MB (SD), 42 MB (HD), 57 MB (HD 1080)

Project Origin Trailer
File size: 186 MB (HD)

Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists of Plastic Trailer
File size: 56 MB (HD)

Brother in Arms: Hell’s Highway Tank Mayhem Trailer
File size: 12 MB (SD) 43 MB (HD), 56 MB (HD 1080)

Prince of Persia Trailer
File size: 24 MB (SD), 89 MB (HD), 117 MB (HD 1080)

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames E3 Trailer
File size: 97 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Trailer
The war against the Bugs continue! A Federation starship crash-lands on the distant alien planet OM-1, stranding beloved leader Sky Marshal Anoke and several others, including comely but tough pilot Lola Beck. It’s up to Colonel Johnny Rico, reluctant hero of the original Bug Invasion on Planet P, to lead a team of Troopers on a daring rescue mission.
File size: 60MB (HD), 100MB (HD 1080)

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games

STAR TREK: Tactical Assault ($19.99) (also downloadable via PS3)
File size: 140 MB

Rayman ($5.99)
File size: 97 MB

E3 Video

PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 1
File size: 1.26 GB (HD)

PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 2
File size: 1.17 GB (HD)

PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 3
File size: 1.5 GB (HD)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

stewey said:

July 17th, 4:37 pm

Sweet! Can’t wait to try out Elefunk and get the rest of the press conference!

chasegamez said:

July 17th, 4:38 pm

sweet

Delriach said:

July 17th, 4:38 pm

Thanks for finally bringing a PSone classic. I have to say that from all the stuff that has been coming out, I’m extremely bitter at this and something NEEDS to be done about PSone classics. I understand that there are difficulties. JPN has over 200, and I know Japan isn’t the US and the rules are different, but there needs to be PSone classics on a consistent basis.

Unless you guys release them on a consistent basis nobody will care for them.

Trustter said:

July 17th, 4:39 pm

I never played the Rayman. Is it any good?

I was expecting more demos, but…

:D

misteroy said:

July 17th, 4:39 pm

SCEA, Jeff, Eric,

Good afternoon. I’m a european gamer, so i don’t really belong here. However, i believe this is the best place to ask you the following. Now you have unveiled the 80GB Playstation 3 bundle, both in North America and Europe. It will be sold at 399$ in the US, 399 euros in Europe. Now is the important part: Why do you folks take that 1$ = 1 Euro? Live rates at 17:18:13 UTC on July 16, 2008 showed that:
1$ = 0.63 EUR. In the other way, 1 EUR = 1.58$.
By doing the math, 399$ = 252 EUR. In the other way, 399 EUR = 631$

What the hell? Why are you selling the Playstation 3 in europe at 400 EUR, when in reality it costs 252 euros? You guys are ripping us off by so much! I mean i can nearly purchase 2 Playstation 3 units in North America for the price of 1 in Europe..why are you doing this to us? Why making us pay nearly the double of what North American consumers pay? I will not detail it but i should at least mention it: Video games. Playstation 3 games in the US cost 60/70$, while in europe they are sold at 60/70 EUR. Once again, you consider that 1$=1EUR but it isn’t. A 70$ game should cost me 44 EUR. I am currently paying 70 EUR, which means 110$. Once again, i can nearly purchase 2 games in NA for the price of one in Europe.

I believe that if you truly care about your consumers you will take the time to reply,
Antoine

darkiewonder said:

July 17th, 4:40 pm

Nice.

and So um is the PSN Video store going to be updated regularly or part of the PSN update every thursday?

theShah said:

July 17th, 4:40 pm

are you guys done with posting e3 content..or is there more coming?

good update

mywhitenoise said:

July 17th, 4:40 pm

Where are the PSN cards!?

LokeSTL said:

July 17th, 4:40 pm

Ummmm…..RPG’s?

Netweb said:

July 17th, 4:41 pm

Suberb… nice work this week!!

Very nice… E3 videos.. demos.. games… PSP and PSone games…
wallpapers, themes…

Warhawk 1.4…

this week was great!

HJayZ91 said:

July 17th, 4:41 pm

Will Elefunk, PixelJunk Mosters, and Calling All Cars have trophy support?

BHard said:

July 17th, 4:41 pm

Great update.. i’ll be spending some cash tonight between the Game Store and Video Store. . . The next couple of weeks will be great for the PS Store. . Can’t wait.

lildragon said:

July 17th, 4:42 pm

Appreciate the Ragdoll Kungfu trailer Sony! Nice updates this week for sure.

Modus Operandi said:

July 17th, 4:42 pm

Finally I can download the Naruto demo! For the past two weeks, I was begging from a friend to let me download Qore so I can get the Naruto demo!

Zorox said:

July 17th, 4:43 pm

Please bring RPGs to the Playstation 3, thank you.

mendezgato said:

July 17th, 4:43 pm

good update, thanks, 5/5 for me and all you europe babies please go cry somewhere alse yeah we know elefunk is more expensive in your region so don’t buy it or buy it and shut up ok.

LukeD said:

July 17th, 4:43 pm

Great update.

Is that Star trek a PSP game previously in UMD? If so, expensive!!!!

Joe said:

July 17th, 4:45 pm

SWEET I loved Rayman on the PS1. I will have to buy that. Also keep the PS1 games coming and bring out PS2 games too. Also next time you see some one from Ubisoft tell them to make a real Rayman game. I don’t want those Rabbid games any more I want the real thing. I loved both Rayman 1 and 2. I so would like to see a new one other then the spin-off party games.

B1ack_Mage said:

July 17th, 4:45 pm

PS1 game? Thank You!

Also Playstation cards? Where are they? They’ve been spotted in a few stores on the east coast, but I haven’t seen a single one. I want to buy a lot of games and now even rent movies, but I can’t since I don’t have a credit card. Do you want my money or not?

Dr-MoHD said:

July 17th, 4:47 pm

HI Grace Chen Or Jeff

Does Elefunk Support TROPHIES ?

BrianC6234 said:

July 17th, 4:47 pm

I’m with you Mendezgato. SCEE, please, start your own blog so European Playstation gamers can bug you about your problems. SCEA really shouldn’t be getting bothered with all this talk about why the price is so high in Europe and other problems. I think someone at SCEE really needs to get on the ball. They seem to ignore their customers.

jayyy91 said:

July 17th, 4:48 pm

Do you guys think you can post the song from the Playstation Family video. There are lots of people looking for it! Thanks.

RoAcH2285 said:

July 17th, 4:49 pm

Hey. Could someone fill us in about how exactly the Video Store will be updated? Will it be updated on Thursdays like the game store is? or will it be different?

Not a bad update either by the way. It’s really nice to see a PSN title and a PSOne classic in one update. Bring all the PSOne (and PS2?) :) classics you got. I’m really looking forward to all the PSN titles also. :)

Ghostfather said:

July 17th, 4:51 pm

Nice update but whats the deal with no video store? I’m guessing its because I am in Canada so could you let us Canadian people know whats going on?
….unless its only me that cant see it

XxBigP123xX said:

July 17th, 4:51 pm

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP

More please! Resident Evil 2 is my most wanted….

babybluedb said:

July 17th, 4:53 pm

this is the best update of the year since i been on the blog than Sony SCEA

Stoffinator said:

July 17th, 4:54 pm

Nice update. But I did want to point out that the Elefunk theme has a very bad message indicator on it. It is pure white so what ever notice message you get, is washed out and not viewable.

babybluedb said:

July 17th, 4:54 pm

i ment to say thanks

psycodadx said:

July 17th, 4:54 pm

were is siren and wipeout HD.

Koroshiya said:

July 17th, 4:54 pm

Thanks for the PSOne game, this will stop my weekly rant on PSOne games for a while! Rayman isn’t a bad start, but please keep them coming with more variety ;) Not a bad update overall, Elefunk looks interesting, I’ll give the demo a try. Thanks!

Clinton514 said:

July 17th, 4:55 pm

Solid update! Thanks.

tirminyl said:

July 17th, 4:57 pm

Can’t wait to give Elefunk a try!

erico316 said:

July 17th, 4:57 pm

what about some e3 demos?there a few game would love to get a demo of like fallout 3,motor storm 2,and Eternal Sonata.also i not sure if Eternal Sonata is coming to usa ps3?u guys didn’t talk about that.
i would love a weekly post on what are the new movies are put on the store that would be great help!!!!!

erico316 said:

July 17th, 4:58 pm

i would love a weekly post on when new movies are put on the store that would be great help!!!!!

Bloodline23 said:

July 17th, 4:58 pm

Awsome….. It’s good to be a PS3 owner… Continue to make us proud sony… Woot!!

–Blodline Was Here!!!

crystalx3d said:

July 17th, 4:59 pm

@18 Joe
Sony will never release PS2 games on the Store because the 40gb and now the new 80gb PS3 systems are not capable of playing them. It’s not that sony has disabled this in software or anything; the consoles physically lack the hardware necessary to play PS2 games. You’ll have to get all your PS2 kicks at Gamestop.

Korlithiel said:

July 17th, 5:00 pm

Nice, Rayman finally comes to the Playstation store. Always good to see more Playstation games hit the store.

Don’t suppose you could have trimmed the videos for PSP a bit, 1+GB of space seems a bit much for videos to be viewed from our memory sticks. Unless they aren’t meant for watching on our PSP’s, then I’m confused and should read into them more.

PumpkinKingX said:

July 17th, 5:01 pm

Yah know one thing that bugs me is… The new 80g come september won’t have BC. It seems like a bad idea to me. I own a 60g and play PS2 games all the time. I’m sure with games like God of War 3, Killzone 2, and Silent Hill: Homecomming on the way people would want to play the previous games. Are there plans to make a pure software emulation? I know expecially twards the begining of PS3 a huge focus was BC.
“Backwards compatibility, as you know from PlayStation One and PlayStation 2, is a core value of what we believe we should offer. And access to the library of content people have created, bought for themselves, and accumulated over the years is necessary to create a format. PlayStation is a format meaning that it transcends many devices — PSOne, PS2, and now PS3.” – Phil Harrison
We miss you Phil ; ;

Daver said:

July 17th, 5:01 pm

@ 5 misteroy

They are not taking the ratio 1 for 1… It’s called economy.. In Europe, in most places the “cost of living” is higher than others places, its not about only video games, it’s about everything, In Europe you will pay more to get the same thing that you could get in another country cheaper. That is how it works, that’s our world, thats it

On topic, Thats a great update, i’m gonna go try elefunk oh and thanks for all the videos, i really enjoyed the video conference

Marcoco11 said:

July 17th, 5:02 pm

Okay I am one of the few people really interested in Playstation Life partnered with GOOGLE…

My question is how will the ingame replay saving service work? Will it be available for all games? And How long can the videos be?

Also I hear this will be out b4 the end of the month, will all of the features be available at launch?

Can’t wait to make some sick Socom Confrontation Vids!

IceColdKilla44 said:

July 17th, 5:03 pm

OMGGGG!!! thank you PS Blog thank you!!!!!

all 3 parts of the E3 conference; being downloaded right now.

i almost cried when i saw “Rayman PS1”. i remember playing that when i was SO little…

and Naruto Demo? WWOO here i come.

sony, i thought you guys had the best E3. it must have been hard for you to be ripped off of your Eyetoy, Singstar, Home, and your Final Fantasy exclusitivity by Microsoft, but your Conference was great. thanks!

sony forever!!!!!

blackice506 said:

July 17th, 5:05 pm

hey this is great, naruto demo. excellent, but u know what would be even more appreciated? (i sound like a broken record) TEKKEN 6 DEMO, or tekken 6 itself dammit. but yeah nice update, though since it’s e3 week i would have liked to see a lot more demos. and maybe it’s just mine, but the video store is no longer there

BigBossX said:

July 17th, 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update.
do you know when psn cards come out so I can buy games like PixelJunk monsters. thanks

E-DOGG said:

July 17th, 5:07 pm

Nice job with the content this e3 week! What day will the Video store get updated? Will more film companies supported it also?

babybluedb said:

July 17th, 5:07 pm

thanks now i can rewatch all the Sony Press Conference goodness tonight and the demo trailers that you gave us yesterday and today are amazing good thing i have 80GB to store it all thanks to the MGS4 bundle and the Naruto demo woo o.o

rAdIOhEaD73 said:

July 17th, 5:08 pm

To all the Playstation Blog readers, remember that the Metal Gear Online new expansion pack is also available now trough the KONAMI Online Shop.

MeltTech said:

July 17th, 5:11 pm

Hey Grace, good update. Good week all around for the PS Store. The ONLY store with downloadable movies and rentals!!!

Grace, when are we going to see some DLC love for High Velocity Bowling??? I hope for the sake of all of us the game wasn’t abandoned! It’s too good. Some online tourneys w/ voice chat would be uber sweet of the PSN gang!

ftwrthtx said:

July 17th, 5:11 pm

Can we please have the classic PS1/PS3 Rainbow Six game in the US?

Please?

Shadowlancer said:

July 17th, 5:12 pm

@46
do you know how much the pack costs? I’m at work and can’t access my ps3 right now.

cell989 said:

July 17th, 5:13 pm

I’d like to know where are the PLAYSTATION CARDS going to be available widely, you guys this is 2008 every web download service has one, ITUNES,NAPSTER, RAHPSODY, XBOS LIVE. Where is the PSN cards, stop trying to ignore the fact you guys need to make this for us “the customer”.
I wont complain about the content as that is becoming mainstream, but with out means to purchase such content how do you expect to make a profit.
Stop ignoring this its been almost 2 years gees, and no solution yet.

PAGE 1 2 3 5