Overwatch

Jul 28

Jul 28

PS3 Greatest Hits Launch Today

Knguyen's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

As announced at our E3 press conference, some of our top PLAYSTATION 3 titles will be re-launched as Greatest Hits. Starting today, you can now get these blockbuster titles for only $29.99. Yep, you read it right, $29.99. So for all you PS3 owners out there who have been holding off on any of these games, now is your chance to expand your videogame collection. Not a PS3 owner? No more excuses.

Check out the list of Greatest Hits:

And, just to add a little more spice, we’re making the cases red so you really have to try hard to miss these at your local store.

PS3 Greatest Hits Resistance PS3 Greatest Hits Warhawk PS3 Greatest Hits MotorStorm

Finally, we wanna leave you with a short video to show what these Greatest Hits titles bring to your PS3.

Happy gaming!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

SpeedNut said:

July 28th, 12:24 pm

Excellent! Unfortunately I have all of those first party titles :(

Glad to see we’re at the Greatest Hits phase though, keep it up!

depward said:

July 28th, 12:24 pm

All three of the SCEA games are definitely worth $29.99; those three titles are quality ones.

OmegaArchetype said:

July 28th, 12:24 pm

Awesome, I’ll be sure to pick up some when I get the chance. Hope you guys continue to build on this line of games. It makes it easier for more people to experience more games.

XxBigP123xX said:

July 28th, 12:26 pm

I’m going to get Assassins creed again at some point in time.

Why isn’t Uncharted greatest hit?

Nero25 said:

July 28th, 12:26 pm

Do you know when the greatest hits will be coming to canada?

Knguyen's Avatar

Kim Nguyen said:

July 28th, 5:41 pm

Hi Nero25,

I checked with our Sales team and they confirmed that Greatest Hits should arrive today, the same time as US.

Submish said:

July 28th, 12:26 pm

Kim,

Will there be any information on Life with PlayStation today or tomorrow?

Knguyen's Avatar

Kim Nguyen said:

July 28th, 5:32 pm

Hi Submish,

Since E3 there hasn\’t been any updates.

Fersis said:

July 28th, 12:28 pm

I need to get Resistance…

Delriach said:

July 28th, 12:29 pm

It’s good to see these titles coming out cheaper universally. I wonder what other titles will be GHs.

I personally have no use for GH titles since I own all of those titles mentioned aside from CoD3 and NFS.

effeff said:

July 28th, 12:29 pm

in europe uncharted will be a “Platinium”-Game

ftwrthtx said:

July 28th, 12:30 pm

I saw the ad in P:TOM. Looks good.

Nero25 said:

July 28th, 12:30 pm

also when are the psn cards coming to major retailers in Canada and USA?

TheInfectedBy590 said:

July 28th, 12:30 pm

Which of those will have trophies and when?
Also, can’t wait to see more Greatest Hits! :)

Nero25 said:

July 28th, 12:31 pm

uncharted will be getting trophies, in aug

leetfoo said:

July 28th, 12:32 pm

I wonder if any hddvd owners will get confused by the case color, lol.

Jezer29 said:

July 28th, 12:35 pm

I want to know what going to happen to the Warhawk game on PSN.. Will that drop as well? I mean I believe it should.

Sakimori_X said:

July 28th, 12:35 pm

@4

I believe a game reaches “Greatest Hits” status once it’s reached some predetermined number of units sold.

I guess maybe Uncharted hasn’t hit the mark yet?

THE_TERRORIZER said:

July 28th, 12:36 pm

haha SWEET I have all of those except for fight night….now my normal color cases will become RARE BAH HA HA HA HA HA HAAA

alexbhp said:

July 28th, 12:36 pm

I bought Warhawk used for 29.99 + tax 5 days ago, I returned and went to CCity, they were anouncing on the website Warhawk + Bluetooth for 29.99, I Had a 10% coupon, so I bought for 26.99 + Tax, today they fixed the website. :P

misteroy said:

July 28th, 12:37 pm

Awesome

alexbhp said:

July 28th, 12:38 pm

@16

I think Uncharted reached that status in Europe, it will be release this week or next week as a “Platinum” title in Europe.

Stoffinator said:

July 28th, 12:38 pm

Its to bad I already own all these when they came out. ;-]

Any idea how often new titles will come out?

alexbhp said:

July 28th, 12:39 pm

I just realized RFOM and NFSCarbon were my 2 first launch games.

Patriotsbball5460 said:

July 28th, 12:41 pm

Cool, I’m getting Resistance, Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden Sigma

LokeSTL said:

July 28th, 12:42 pm

Why wouldn’t they use the Game of the Year edition of ES4:Oblivion for the greatest hits? So, you get the original without the expansion? Lame……I’ll pass on this and wait for the price of the GotY edition to come down.

whoelse said:

July 28th, 12:43 pm

Does Warhawk include the Jabra headset?

Enforcer_X said:

July 28th, 12:43 pm

Look like HD-DVD’s lol

Tolkienfanatic said:

July 28th, 12:44 pm

Awesome, this means I can finally get Resistance for cheap!

Ghostm said:

July 28th, 12:45 pm

If they were to implement Trophy support for Motorstorm I’d buy it in a sec. Besides that’s nothing else on that list intrigues me. Maybe Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but I’m not into NA RPGs fan.

If you guys really want to cash in on older titles. Just add Trophy support. Guaranteed to sell millions more copies. I’ve never bought any games on PSN until the Trophy support started with SSDHD. Once all Bluray titles starts to support Trophies. I’m going to totally slow up on PSN games.

Mana Knight said:

July 28th, 12:45 pm

Is there a specific amount of time a game has to be out to qualify for a GH or a certain number of copies a game has to sell? I remember hearing that with PSP and PS2, but never heard for PS3. Just curious.

Anyway, awesome news about the GH. :D I already bought the games, but I’m excited to hear this news.

LokeSTL said:

July 28th, 12:46 pm

…and where the heck is Heavenly Sword?

CitizenInsane27 said:

July 28th, 12:48 pm

Nice stuff, too bad I (amongst many others here) already own all these great titles. But I have to follow up this compliment with a relentless badgering question.

Where in the heck are the PSN prepaid cards in the US and Canada?? You guys said you were rolling them out MONTHS AGO, but people can only find them in Meijer stores or whatever, and occasionally a gas station here or there. What about the biggest US game retailers? Like GAMESTOP, or BEST BUY, or hell, even WAL MART!?

You need to publicly update the situation with those cards Sony, just let us know why we cannot find any anywhere, and when you *actually* plan to roll them out WORLDWIDE. This is useful information, as that many of us do not have credit cards, and aren’t willing to sign up for some just to buy a PSN game or two. Look at the popularity of Xbox Live Arcade cards and iTunes and tell me you don’t know this stuff needs to be addressed.

onisat said:

July 28th, 12:49 pm

nice I will probably grab me a copy of resistance and yea will there be any word soon about life with playstation.

C-h-a-o-s said:

July 28th, 12:51 pm

Nice I’ll have to look online for the regular style case, although the redcase is cool as a collector I want my game to retain a higher value greatest hits deminish it somewhat. Love the price though!!!

thatsmartguywiththefro said:

July 28th, 12:56 pm

I’m guessing Uncharted isn’t GH yet for the same reason CoD4 isn’t, as both of these titles must’ve passed sales requirements due to their popularity, they just haven’t been out as long as the rest.

I’d really like to see a list of upcoming games to hit GH and when.

thatsmartguywiththefro said:

July 28th, 12:59 pm

also… will the regular versions of these games be discontinued?

SantanaClaus89 said:

July 28th, 12:59 pm

Very cool, I’ll be picking up Resistance. Hope you guys continue to add to the Greatest Hits library soon…

I have to admit the absence of Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are a bit puzzling. I want to buy both of these games, but I’m not going to go and pay $60 each for games that are almost a year old.

davivman said:

July 28th, 1:01 pm

These boxes look a lot less lame than the greatest hits on PS1 & PS2. Good job going with the translucent red. They look much better than the lame yellow ones in Japan.

BerserkPT said:

July 28th, 1:01 pm

Uhh, is that a Xbox 360 blue X button on the Rainbow Six Vegas video? Hm, it looks like it.

Fersis said:

July 28th, 1:01 pm

Good guys and gals at SCEA , do you have any info about the Latin America distribution ?

I live on Argentina and the games cost me like 90 dollars to import.
(My 40GB PS3 cost me $800 dollars)

Also.. .do you need an employee ?
I would gladly resign to my current job work on SCEA :D

SantanaClaus89 said:

July 28th, 1:01 pm

Also, I agree with 31…

You guys need to get on that and stop embarassing yourselves.

Land Of Trill said:

July 28th, 1:04 pm

I believe Playstation Life comes out at the end of this month.

thatsmartguywiththefro said:

July 28th, 1:06 pm

and I have yet to find any PSN cards at any game shops so I’m not sure what happened with them supposedly being released.

tretle said:

July 28th, 1:07 pm

Hopefully we hear about life soon…

PSPMAN07 said:

July 28th, 1:08 pm

Nice to see this. I have most of the SCEA GH games (Except for Resistance), however I am definitely looking forward to getting Assassin’s Creed in the near future and the new price tag makes that plan much easier :). Hopefully Uncharted will make the GH list in the future (As well as Heavenly Sword).

Captain Fury said:

July 28th, 1:08 pm

GH games have to reach 400k+ sales

Is also up to the company to release them…

Silentshot13 said:

July 28th, 1:10 pm

Any chance of seeing Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction on the Greatest Hits list? When/if it does, I’m considering buying it.

alexbhp said:

July 28th, 1:10 pm

@38

I SAW IT, the Blue X – Equipment on the PS3 Video… ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

PSPMAN07 said:

July 28th, 1:12 pm

Oh and BTW to #4 and #16. Supposedly PS3 games have to be on the market for 11 months and have sold 500,000 copies to be considered a Greatest Hit (Which Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, etc have reached and surpassed already). It may not be an official statement however it does fit the bill for all titles listed above.

Atoms said:

July 28th, 1:22 pm

Nice!

Emadeowa said:

July 28th, 1:23 pm

When will we see “Formula One Championship Edition” come to the greatest hits list????

PAGE 1 2 3 5