Spider-Man PS4

Jul 30

Jul 30

A Grand Update for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Taku Imasaki's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

** UPDATE: More details added

On Friday, August 1st, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue owners will receive a significant update that will take their racing and automotive experience to a new level.

GTTV

The heart of this update is a new line-up of exciting automotive programming for “Gran Turismo TV”, our in-game automotive media channel. Gearheads will enjoy a host of new free and pay-per-view programming, including “Top Gear“, UK’s premier car entertainment program, and Japan’s “Best Motoring” video magazine, dedicated to the pursuit of the pleasure of driving.

Whether you’re in the mood to tour Ferrari’s factory in Italy with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi, or to be insulted by Jeremy Clarkson talking trash about your favorite cars, or even sitting down to watch some mad Japanese race drivers play ‘car soccer’, there is a variety of choices for all types of car fans. Gran Turismo TV is housed within Gran Turismo 5 Prologue so access and videos is all in-game!

A few other notes about Gran Turismo TV for you to keep in mind:

• For the first two weeks only, we are providing all pay-per-view content for at a discounted price of $.99! It’s a good way to get a taste Gran Turismo TV. The HD content we shoot for our exclusive stuff looks pretty amazing. Following the initial two-week period, content will start at $1.99. So start downloading away!
  • Be sure to check the full content list for a full content list, as we will be adding new programs on a regular basis.
  • Gran Turismo TV will also include new features that allow viewers to fast forward, rewind, and move between chapters when viewing video content.
  • Viewers can download up to 8 episodes simultaneously and pause individual downloads.

Personally, I would like to find some American content to beef-up the roster. What do you think? We welcome any suggestions you may have.

In addition, other gameplay enhancements come with this update, like fixes in penalty judgments, more tire choices for Time Trial and improved physics during collisions between cars during online races (YES! We’ve been carefully monitoring players behaviors online and all your comments on the forums.)

Stay tuned for more updates on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in the future. See you online!

GTTV GTTV

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

FrankDogg said:

July 30th, 2:08 pm

Sweet.

XxBigP123xX said:

July 30th, 2:10 pm

Car damage plz

Thetruefiziks said:

July 30th, 2:10 pm

no trohpies? (lol)

Kamakazikenny said:

July 30th, 2:11 pm

If your adding so much to Gt5 prologue, is it just going to evolve into the full gran turismo 5? Or is the number of cars and tracks the only plus of the full Gran Turismo 5. I dont see what else you could add to the next version.

Is Gt5 going to be episodicaly updated with content and features or its this going to be a teaser of the full product?

Jenovah said:

July 30th, 2:12 pm

Can you BG download GTTV content in the update?

Taku Imasaki's Avatar

Taku Imasaki said:

July 30th, 3:45 pm

Jenovah,

Background downloading is supported starting from this update. Up to 8 simultaneous downloads.

angelfly said:

July 30th, 2:13 pm

Where is the custom soundtrack support?

FritoZ said:

July 30th, 2:15 pm

can’t wait for the full-on GT5, this no damage stuff is killing me!

thanks for this update!

oh , and for suggestions, i’d like to see the new 2009 Oscar Meyer Weinermobile make it’s way onto the tarmac.

nuck44 said:

July 30th, 2:15 pm

No Car Damage?

Ad-Kemp said:

July 30th, 2:16 pm

Nice update guys. This will get me playing it again. A few questions though:

Will GT5: Prologue ever have trophies or are they completely ruled out?

Will the online component ever have a more simplified and stream-lined race finder? At the moment it is hard to race in the car you want on the track you want, and there is no way to invite your friends for a quick lap round your favourite track.

Will a friend invite system ever be introduced or some party system perhaps?

Will GT5: Prologue ever support Custom Soundtracks?

Why does the Blu-Ray version need to install a whopping 6GB onto the HDD when the same content is on the PSN version for a much more respectable 2GB? With all the content I have download (Music, Video’s, Games and other install data) my HDD is groaning at the seems.

If you could answer any of these, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ad-Kemp

TouchyEd said:

July 30th, 2:18 pm

When are you going to add “fun” to the feature list?

misteroy said:

July 30th, 2:20 pm

Wow that was unexpected..thanks a bunch.

EvoAnubis said:

July 30th, 2:25 pm

Nice! I’ll have to tell my brother; he’s been waiting for this.

babybluedb said:

July 30th, 2:26 pm

cant wait until the the update drops ive been waiting to get a sneak peak inside the ferrari complex and cant wait until the full GT5

TheHater said:

July 30th, 2:26 pm

it great that Sony and their firs party studios are supporting their games so much. That is why I prefer your consoles

zashbot said:

July 30th, 2:31 pm

for all the people who are asking about car damage, the licence that the GT series uses to get the manufacturer’s cars in the game bars them from putting a damage system in.

depward said:

July 30th, 2:31 pm

Great stuff – been meaning to go back and play this a bit… played it a LOT right when it came out.

AwRy108 said:

July 30th, 2:34 pm

Trophies and car damage, please. All this other fluff can wait.

Elriique said:

July 30th, 2:37 pm

Will it finally be possible to actually download patches/content from GT5p once this update is installed?

As it is now it’s just not worth the time of downloading anything from GTTV menu ingame.

Last patch took me around 40 tries before it was successfully downloaded. Each try took somewhere between 1 to 60 minutes before it failed.

The last movie added to GTTV weighing in at 126MB I cancelled the download after almost three hours. At that point I had downloaded roughly half of it. In comparision – I can download about 10GB from other sites in three hours. Something is horribly wrong with the setup of datastreaming to us in Europe.

Please add this as your #1 bugfix.

Zorox said:

July 30th, 2:41 pm

Why don’t you guys actually do something meaningful. You know, improve online and get car damage implemented instead of adding stuff that is irrelevant to the quality of the game itself.

stennex said:

July 30th, 2:48 pm

If there is no car damage or two player online support, then my game will just keep gathering dust. I fail to understand how GT series goes from being exciting to being boring. The graphics is amazing and the gameplay is ok but the overall experience is somewhat dull. Maybe i need to try out the racing wheels to enhance my gaming experience but that doesn’t excuse the boring menu which shows the wrong state or country that i am in or the slowness in which each section takes to open up. What is with all these loading times. I bitch now hoping that GT5 will be the refinement of Prologue and not just an addition. How could there be no two player online room or for that matter custom racing room for you and your friends.

PSN ID: stennex
GAP member since 2005.

eggowong said:

July 30th, 2:49 pm

Sweeet! Been waiting for this update since I got wind of it through the in-game News icon.

Question though, will Tsukuba Circuit make a return in GT5P?

Prezhulio said:

July 30th, 2:55 pm

cool stuff but….how about custom soundtracks or trophies, are either of those features being considered?

MegaClank said:

July 30th, 2:57 pm

Nice, keep bringing updates for us!

verybadbeetle said:

July 30th, 2:58 pm

The BEST racing game/series on the market today gets even better. THANKS!

RoAcH2285 said:

July 30th, 2:59 pm

This is cool. I’m a big racing fan. I hope we get an update with trophies. This update should have custom soundtracks enabled, I mean how hard could it be to implement? I’m also looking forward to the update that will include car damage.

lb003g0676 said:

July 30th, 3:03 pm

No car damage, just more cars would be awesome.

I’d like to drive soem classics, or a second hand dealership. Progression is pretty linear otherwsie.

Trieloth said:

July 30th, 3:03 pm

this comment is from a mechanic- Wow what a cool update!
No trophys, no car damage WHO CARES!! Dont want or need that nonsense.
But I would like to have custom sound tracks though.
Thank You!

TouchyEd said:

July 30th, 3:07 pm

ZashBot (#15)

What a load of B.S.

The developers of GT have already stated that they’ll be potentially adding damage modelling sometime soon.

PSPsGTghOost said:

July 30th, 3:11 pm

When is the trophy support for GT5P coming out? Also, you guys have ZERO excuses for not supporting trophies. Please tell me its retroactive!

*Where is my PSP GT game?

Zorgz said:

July 30th, 3:12 pm

Where’s my car damage? Custom Soundtracks? Trophies??

thingg said:

July 30th, 3:13 pm

@28
link please? because I’ve heard the same thing about them having trouble with the manufactures, especially Ferrari, giving them a real hard time about the idea of damage modeling.

zDiablo said:

July 30th, 3:15 pm

What about In game music?

myke6699 said:

July 30th, 3:16 pm

If American content means NASCAR- I’d say “No F***ING WAY!” ‘Nuff said. What I like to see is the “One Make” races from Japan. Hopefully this year’s Le Mans and more stuff about the Nissan R35 GT-R. Btw, I’m canadian and I don’t hate Americans, just think they’re lesser than us :)

PirateThom said:

July 30th, 3:21 pm

In the UK, will the Top Gear episodes cost money?

I ask because we pay a license fee and get Top Gear, it’s free on iPlayer for 7 days after broadcast and we have a few channels (including freeview channels) showing repeats daily and while I’d like to see them, there’s no way I’d buy them whent I have about 4 or 5 channels/options to watch them free of charge.

Brownber said:

July 30th, 3:34 pm

Awesome! GT is really coming through! Next stop-car damage!!!

ruffneckc said:

July 30th, 3:35 pm

Thanks for the update. However, what GT Fans really NEED is a much better fleshed out online mode. Please look into 1v1 races with friends and the like. Also, trophy and headset support while racing, would make this game more competitive with the competition (i.e. Forza 2).

Morphine16 said:

July 30th, 3:36 pm

Top Gear in my PSs3 :P
Good addon for ppl that loves car

Thetruefiziks said:

July 30th, 3:37 pm

start your engines, gold poll position got me sittin’ in fifth row, you only go if you’re gassed like citgo

markstew said:

July 30th, 3:37 pm

everyone in Europe with cable pays the BBC, it’s time for the BBC to open up the iplayer to everyone who pays them…

whoelse said:

July 30th, 3:39 pm

Yay, hopefully online races will be a lot more playable!

markstew said:

July 30th, 3:39 pm

#36 ruffneckc | July 30th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

once u paid 59$ for a full game you will get a full worked out online mode.

nmc75 said:

July 30th, 3:39 pm

Thanks for continuing the support for this great game. I have a question, will I be able to re-download episodes of GT:TV if I swap and replace my PS3 HDD?

blazsox said:

July 30th, 3:41 pm

While I can understand there will be pricepoints to download such content, isn’t it a bit expensive when you will be charging $1.99 (after the initial 2 weeks) for episodes that can vary in length when you can download 45 minute episodes of 24 for the same price? As seen on the included screenshot in this blog, the episode highlighted is only 10min 56 sec long. This will eventually be $1.99.

One can make the same argument about 22 minute TV shows being $1.99, but $2 + tax for an 11 minute video is a little pushing isn’t it? Content like this would seem more suitable at $1.

whoelse said:

July 30th, 3:43 pm

So when will the Top Gear test track arrive? I think this would make ALOT of people buy the game and it would be for me countless extra hours of gameplay.

viper262 said:

July 30th, 3:44 pm

Yea wheres the trophies i mean come on. Its a racing game

viper262 said:

July 30th, 3:46 pm

It would be smart to be able to purchase cars or something

TheHakku said:

July 30th, 3:47 pm

Wow. This must be the first game to support background downloading in game. Amazing!

viper262 said:

July 30th, 3:48 pm

This is just like qore

Stinkin Mushroom said:

July 30th, 3:49 pm

euhmm.. Screw polyphony .. i’m serious. WTF sony? Are you kidding? we’re all waiting for damage on cars and PD comes with this, we are all waiting for GT5 and PD says it won’t come before 2010 ( so if we think about it, it’ll come in 2011 knowing PD) … Screw Polyphony i’m serious

perrandy said:

July 30th, 3:49 pm

so, is the life with playstation coming or not?

PAGE 1 2 3 4