Final Fantasy XV

Aug 12

Aug 12

Who’s Going to PAX?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Well, *we* are, but you already knew that. Following up on the success of our first ever PlayStation.Blog Reader Meetup at E3, we’re considering holding another event during the Penny Arcade Expo later this month.

So who out there is going to be in Seattle at the end of the month? Would you be up for some free food (and coffee, presumably), games, and meeting some of your fellow PlayStation fans?

Thanks to all who came out!

And if so, where should we hold it? Which developer-types should I beg to attend? Which PSP game should we network together for competition?

PSP @ King Taco

And should there be a mandatory 90’s Seattle grunge dress code and soundtrack featuring Mudhoney, Alice in Chains and Screaming Trees? I’ll go ahead and pencil in a “No” for that one.

Let me know, we’re doing this for you.

Add Your Own

LeslieSony said:

August 13th, 1:18 am

funny game

LeslieSony said:

August 13th, 1:18 am

good game

kingofscotland said:

August 13th, 2:34 am

Hi,

Read the bolg every day but just signed up today so sick of not being able to comment (god that was painless).

Anyway can’t make it to Seattle but hope to catch up with you all in the future.

Keep up the good work – you sure know the true meaning of ‘community’

kingofscotland said:

August 13th, 2:35 am

sorry – blog.

D’oh!!!

iReyz said:

August 13th, 4:17 am

With what camera were these shots taken?

Cybershot maybe? HMMM XD

Demonbear said:

August 13th, 5:09 am

Hey Jeff, again wont be able to be there, being in Quebec, Canada but i wish i could! You should shoot videos of the event this time so we can all enjoy the action a bit!

As a suggestion, it’s a longshot but since japanese are so crazy of the Monster Hunter Series on the PSP, i’d recommend it, hunting in group is awesome.

Maybe in a couple of months we’ll have Phantasy Star Portable as well? That’d be awesome.

Have fun in Seattle!

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

August 13th, 6:16 am

No Jeff but keep the East Coast in mind next time please! Specially Atlanta! I hope you guys post more pictures from the get together this time.

thingg said:

August 13th, 7:11 am

Are there any gaming events in New York? I live like 120 miles away, but that’s a lot better than driving to Seattle for me.

joel said:

August 13th, 7:56 am

Yes I agree with everyone, you guys should come to south florida.

Stoffinator said:

August 13th, 8:26 am

With all this talk of meeting in Florida, can I get one for Toronto Ontario Canada in the future? :-p Come on Jeff, I’m on your friends list. lol

saintfighteraqua said:

August 13th, 8:55 am

I’m hoping their are some big PSP announcements at Pax! Something to shock us all!

Charliesdad said:

August 13th, 9:26 am

@10 Jeff,
Can’t wait to here more, I’ll probably only attend one day of PAX, so knowing when the event gets scheduled will make that decision easier. As far as a venue, I don’t really know Seattle very well at all, sorry. BUT…maybe Sony could hire a new Pacific Northwest PR/Advance man to help facilitate events in the area in the future? Huh? Huh? :-)

Hanaka said:

August 13th, 9:32 am

Hey Everyone! Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it. This is all new to me since I just bought my first pS3 :D. If anyone can make it PM me or send me an email: fdemarqi@gmail.com. I am looking for a specific ingame passcode that they are giving out for free @ booth # 642. Thanks all!

bigdaddyjane said:

August 13th, 9:45 am

I’ll be here on the BLOG!

lokar82 said:

August 13th, 10:09 am

@31, awesome idea. I will be at PAX and that would be great to meet Steve Wiebe, plus a friend I am going with hasn’t seen King of Kong yet. Also please stick with Hot Shots Golf for your PSP game, I suck at other PSP games and really, how many people at PAX also attended your E3 gathering?

mobiletone said:

August 13th, 11:04 am

Penny Arcade are a bunch of sneering M$ loving PS hating fanboys.. WHY the hell would you have anything to do with them???

TwinsDad said:

August 13th, 11:04 am

Awesome. Count me in already have my 3day pass. Last year was a blast, getting to play a few games before release (Lair, HS, Warhawk, etc.) really made PAX for me.

You might have a hard time find a large place to gather, as with PAX and Bumbershoot being in town. I’ll think of where to meet. The best place might be down near Pike’s Place, there are tons of places down there and no to far away.

Not sure if your familiar with Downtown Seattle, but keep in mind that there is a “fairless” area in downtown. You cna hop on a bus for free and take it anywhere in the downtown area within this area. It make getting to some places easy.

Oh, I have an idea. There is a food court that has plenty of seating in Pacific Place Mall, which is a few blocks away.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

August 14th, 10:23 am

Thanks TwinsDad, we\’re looking at a couple of places – and seeing how crazy things are (with PAX going until like 3am), we might do a coffee/breakfast thing. Right now, leaning towards Saturday morning to get everyone caffeinated for the longest day of PAXness.

Mero-Geru-Soildo said:

August 13th, 11:20 am

Put some MPO + on, i’m pretty sure everyone loves MPO.

TwinsDad said:

August 13th, 11:24 am

I forgot to add that as far as a games go. Sports would be the best choice. It’s the most widely played genre that people can pickup and play.

Or multiplayer party games, can’t think of one right now, only thing I play on my PSP is Patapon, don’t recall if it’s Multiplayer.

gold5225 said:

August 13th, 11:57 am

Hey lets set up a meeting near Buffalo New York some time soon please :)

NeCrom-X said:

August 13th, 12:37 pm

Yea how bout Sony does stuff on the east coast where you sell more PS3s.

sunstrike said:

August 13th, 12:48 pm

hey but do one miami si i can go sony consider your custumers…….but keep up the good work…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

TLSBill said:

August 13th, 1:08 pm

The get-together’s are pretty fun, and I recommend anyone that’s in the area show up and have a good time. It’s worth it to meet up with the locals & complete in a few video games. I even got a few friends for the PS3 list from the LA one that I still message.

That, plus the chance to win some cool stuff doesn’t hurt either! I got the PS3 & the shirt Jeff, thanks again so very much to you and the Sony staff. And while flannel may be dead, I’m sure you could rock some purple flannel and bring it back if you really wanted.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

August 14th, 10:24 am

Congratulations, and I\’m glad you received the PS3. I\’m currently shopping for a new purple shirt for the fanboys to make fun of.

D1balla said:

August 13th, 1:22 pm

I know that you guys are on the West Coast but there are plenty of people over here on the East Coast that would certainly like it if you guys could have one over here.

mza49311 said:

August 13th, 1:29 pm

Yes find otu some way to come to Texas sometime, that would be awesome! in the meantime ya’ll ahve fun!

ElektroDragon said:

August 13th, 2:19 pm

Yes! I am going to PAX with my wife and we both have PSPs and a PS3. We’re from Kirkland right by Seattle, but since we’re very new to the area coming from the East Coast, we can’t possibly suggest a venue. We also own 360s and DSes though, so don’t beat us up! As for which games to network, we’ll buy any game if we don’t have it, but we’d vote AGAINST any military shooters. We just find them boring. :-)

TouchyEd said:

August 13th, 2:49 pm

I can’t wait!

Remember: I’ll be the dude sitting in the corner wearing the purple wizard costume. It takes me awhile to warm up in social situations though, so probably best if you don’t approach me (especially if I’m still reading from my Book of Psalms).

Starstew said:

August 13th, 2:54 pm

I’ll be there. Taking the train up from the SF Bay Area. I recommend WipEout Pulse or Pure for the competition.

darkos87 said:

August 13th, 3:16 pm

can you guys host an event, like… in london or sth?

We don’t have a uk/eu blog unfortunately, so I lurk in the us blogs, bidding my time for when the tectonic plates bring usa to uk…

broman6014 said:

August 13th, 3:18 pm

Jeff

I second the motion for a south Florida (broward county area) meet up. Doubt it could happen though. Never seems to be something industry related down here :(

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

August 14th, 10:26 am

Don\’t get your hopes down. I still need to visit the folks in FL for Thanksgiving.

Faux_Smoke said:

August 13th, 4:20 pm

I don’t know if I can manage to make it, even though I’m local… Nonetheless, I’m going to see what I can & can’t work out on the note.

QuicksilverSC said:

August 13th, 5:09 pm

My suggestions would be Combat Ops or Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Guilty Gear #Reload hell even SOCOM: Tactical Strike would be sick. I am really really stoked that you guys are coming to Seattle. I live in Bothell so it’s super convenient thank you Sony. I hope yall bring some news of great things, like Home and hot new titles. I’m still looking foward to a day when I heard a FFVII remake is in the mix :) wishful thinking I know but I still think it would be ridiculously cool. I know this sounds fanboy and all but screw it I am one: Hear me roar.

RelentlessRolento said:

August 13th, 5:42 pm

i second the fact that there needs to be a Miami based meet up. So often on get-togethers Miami seems to get the blunt end of things >_< unless I’m wrong :P

40cal said:

August 13th, 7:03 pm

When you guys do something around Dallas Im there.

MidnightBlues said:

August 13th, 7:12 pm

I am making a 400 mile commute to make it to this….I will only have about $400 for the trip and for gas to make it back home…I am diabetic I will only have enough supplies to last a week at the most, I have to make that money last and keep me in food, with a place to stay and enough gas to make it back home.. I dont have a psp, so I hope you will provide one. If this does not sound like a good idea please tell me now because there will be no turning back once I depart…Also will it be a problem if I show up intoxicated? also I might bring some weed, and maybe a bong, also I will only have two changes of clothes. hopefully I survive this, when should I leave?

no1evofn said:

August 13th, 8:35 pm

What are the chances of you guys having one of these shindigs in San Fran, particularly the East Bay??

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

August 14th, 10:27 am

GDC seems a likely candidate. Won\’t be East Bay, though. Take the BART.

aoc gold said:

August 14th, 1:05 am

That’s great.

glowgoboy said:

August 14th, 9:50 am

Coincidentally enough, I’ll be up there competing in the NAGAAA softball world series! depending on my play schedule, I’m totally up for maybe taking a look-see at PAX!

Charliesdad said:

August 14th, 10:28 am

Two things. One…I realized I used “here” instead of “hear” in my earlier post…I’m sure it doesn’t matter to anyone else, but it’s the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night (I know, I have issues).
Two…I spoke to people who know Seattle better than I and suggested two places to look into for the event. One The Cheesecake Factory, it’s downtown near the convention center and Two The Crab Pot…it’s near Pike Place Market and is a big, smash open your own shellfish that’s been cooked in a pot and dumped out on your table place.
Hope this helps some.

StalkingSilence said:

August 14th, 12:50 pm

Jeff,
If the PS Blog office webcam goes live, will you be wearing a purple shirt everyday?

Korlithiel said:

August 14th, 2:46 pm

Hope to hear more details soon so I can plan accordingly.

As for multiplayer games, got nothing other then Tekken: Dark Resurrection I can recommend since I haven’t logged any hours into the newer games (Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops) and the only other I can recall (Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2) is in the mail so I may not have it by the time this starts.

Look forward to hearing more, should definitely be fun.

Stoffinator said:

August 14th, 5:06 pm

So Jeff, any chance of a trip to Toronto Ontario? Come on, you know you wanna. :-p

prowlingfox said:

August 14th, 11:38 pm

I’m not anywhere near seattle, but i totally support these kinds of events…i miss e3 :( i went one year and then was never able to get in again :(

ThomasAnthony said:

August 15th, 6:14 pm

Call me when a Chicago-based event happens.

dunk_13 said:

August 16th, 7:32 am

why cant SCEE do anything like this in england.

it just feels like SCEA do so much better all the time

redbaron787 said:

August 16th, 9:34 am

you forgot soundgarden >:(

hayejos said:

August 16th, 7:25 pm

@144 I too hope they do something in the Midwest, I can’t think of any tech/gaming events that would relate, but maybe (and hopefully) they could go to Chicago for the World Series

scratchh said:

August 17th, 9:19 am

I’m in Seattle and planning/hoping to make it to PAX with my wife and 6 week old baby… i’d definitely be interested in a meet-up; there is a chance we won’t make it, but i’m going to try.

not sure where the best place to meet would be. don’t do gameworks – way too loud/expensive.

i’ve got a question for you: is LittleBigPlanet for sure going to be at PAX? because that is the one thing that is driving me and my wife and baby to come on out! anything LBP related at the meet-up would be awesome.

cheers

TheGrue said:

August 17th, 3:33 pm

Definitely going to be there all three days. The Sony booth was great last year, especially with the Uncharted treasure hunt thing. I have my framed artwork hanging right on my wall. Hopefully you guys bring Little Big Planet and Resistance 2 along.

E-Co said:

August 17th, 6:11 pm

E-Co: I think that as a troop there should be a sprint option when you are running. That would help when you are trying to overtake an enemy! You have a turbo boost in a Warkawk. Why not a quick burst of speed when you need it? Maybe the next update could add that one in!