Knack 2

Sep 02

Sep 02

Resistance 2 Collector’s Edition revealed plus new Public Beta info

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, we’re very happy to share some news today about our upcoming collector’s edition version of Resistance 2, as well as shed some light on the long-anticipated Public Beta program.

R2 CE

First up: the collector’s edition – everyone at Insomniac and Sony is excited to be bringing this special edition of the game to participating retailers. You voted on the cover for the game disc inside the box, but what else will you get inside?

R2 CE

• Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans
  • An exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye, created by DC Unlimited
  • A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

The collector’s edition also contains a bonus DVD that includes:

• Exclusive behind the scenes video, “America Forever Lost”, chronicling the making of Resistance 2
  • Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.
  • A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, “Resistance: The Gathering Storm” by science fiction author William Dietz.
  • “Shattered History” Resistance timeline movie– providing a story overview from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the beginning of Resistance 2.

It makes up what we think is a pretty cool package for fans of Resistance, and it will be available for $79.99. It is a limited release though, so I highly recommend you pre-order! This brings me to another point: the Public Beta.

We are excited to announce the Public Beta will begin in early October, and premier access to the beta can be obtained in North America by pre-ordering the game from a GameStop retail store or online at www.gamestop.com. In addition, Qore annual subscribers will receive premier access to the beta.

Now if you’d like to apply for the open access period of the public beta, you can visit http://beta.myresistance.net/apply. Folks that have purchased Qore Episode 3 will be given the beta during the open access period as well.

I know many of our friends outside of North America read this blog. Don’t worry! The plans for the Public Beta will be communicated on a more local level, but will generally involve pre-order and/or application programs.

That’s a lot of info for one blog post, and if you have questions, you can put them in the thread below and Bryan Intihar and I will be around to answer. Looking forward to fragging — I mean seeing — you online in October!

Add Your Own

fusen said:

September 2nd, 12:10 pm

I watched videos of the new weapon, splicer, and WOW… I hope the blood affect from using the splicer is not limited to only one weapon.

Questions:
How many trophies are there in the game?

When can we expect new footage from R2 single-player campaign?

And mind giving me a code for “Girl With A Stick”?

Paranoimia said:

September 2nd, 12:11 pm

@ James (reply to #99)

Yeah, I understand. Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound angry at you personally. It’s just that we in the UK/Europe always seem to get completely overlooked on these things, and with no direct line to SCEE via anything like this blog, we’re unable to tell them “we want this”, and it gets incredibly frustrating.

I would LOVE to get my hands on this Collectors Edition, as I’m sure would many others across Europe. But I suspect that shipping costs and import duties may prove too expensive for many.

ftown said:

September 2nd, 12:14 pm

what is the object on the right in the 2nd pic?
Is it a ship? electric toothbrush?

FoxKit said:

September 2nd, 12:17 pm

I am incredibly excited about this! n.n
I’m only upset that I’ll have to cancel my preorder so that I can preorder the CE…

BZKlint said:

September 2nd, 12:18 pm

@ftown

Chimeran Bullseye replica I think.
Not sure.

Squall2600 said:

September 2nd, 12:21 pm

holy crap i better go reserve

DaWolf619 said:

September 2nd, 12:22 pm

So the Beta Key only comes when you pre-order with Gamestop? Because I pre-ordered with Amazon, it’s my first choice when it comes to pre-orders.
I’m already in with Qore, but would like to get in early. lol

Oh and trophies? :D

Thanks guys, this is an awesome deal.

GAME-HERO said:

September 2nd, 12:23 pm

Resistance was “under rated”, I personally feel that(R1)has exceeded my expectations and I am certain R2 will follow suit. Hopefully, critics will give R2 the rating it RIGHTFULLY deserves…

BZKlint said:

September 2nd, 12:29 pm

Strange marketing by the way with Project Abraham and messages from 000-000-0000 (which freaked me out at first) :D

001 said:

September 2nd, 12:33 pm

Will other games have the “only on playstation” logo?

mza49311 said:

September 2nd, 12:33 pm

Awesome details! I indeed wissh I could afford this, but I’m buying my time as is, maybe somehow I’ll swing this as a gift ro something ;) no promises, but R1 was the one launch title I bought and was entirely satisfied with it!

Megulito said:

September 2nd, 12:33 pm

what happended to the sub title like fall of man or rise of man its weird to start with one then not continue with another i personally wouldnt be mad at one

_Final_Phoenix_ said:

September 2nd, 12:40 pm

Argh!! Can’t subscribe to Qore, and the closest video game store (EB games) Are filled with employees who take the pre-order bonuses for themselves, or are too slow and say “….What preorder bonus?”

Ah well, I guess I have to wait for the actual game…

daviddoel said:

September 2nd, 12:41 pm

There is no GameStop in Canada.

EB Games owned by them though, so will Canadians be able to pre-order this at EB and get the collector’s edition like what happened with the SOCOM bundle/beta?

absolute said:

September 2nd, 12:42 pm

That’s a lot of stuff in there. I might have to pick this up.

P_tear_griffin said:

September 2nd, 12:55 pm

So the sequel to Resistance Fall of Man will just be titled Resistance 2? Really, no second title? no “rise of man” or “project Abraham” or “resurgence of a familiar threat”? It just seems odd to simply have a 2 when the first game had a longer title.

Ajora said:

September 2nd, 1:10 pm

Great…now I have to pick this up too! Thaaanks Insomniac! ;)

SyphonFilter said:

September 2nd, 1:16 pm

jsteve, the bonus dvd cover is extremely awesome,i think that should have been the cover for the collectors box for R2,maybe even a metallic box.

crisp said:

September 2nd, 1:16 pm

wow…the chimerian action figure is all I care about, and ofcourse..the game as well.

crisp said:

September 2nd, 1:23 pm

where is the collector’s edition gonna be available ?? i’m in canada..so no gamestop over here, but there is ebgames which is the canadian gamestop. I dont usually buy games from there, is it gonna be at places like best-buy and walmart ?? although, i dont have any problems buying it from ebgames..just to know, coz bestbuy is where I usually get my stuff.

eric1018 said:

September 2nd, 1:25 pm

Any info on project abraham or getawarjob.com with having to do with the beta?

timalan42 said:

September 2nd, 1:32 pm

Hey James I have a question.. Am I guaranteed a spot as an annual Qore subscription? I couldn’t really tell from the post..
This is great news btw thank you!

kiros said:

September 2nd, 1:40 pm

The chimera looks like he’s looking down at a soldier, so does that mean we get a human figure for the R3 CE?
Can’t wait!

kiros said:

September 2nd, 1:41 pm

oh…and what’s that thing in the bottom right hand corner?

JaKhris said:

September 2nd, 1:44 pm

Hey,

Okay, this thing looks just freaking awesome! I waaant. :p

James Stevenson wrote : “Good news is that PS3 games are region-free, so if you have to have it, it’s only an import away.”

Okay, will do, but apparently, Amazon isn’t allowed to sell it to people out of North America… and I’m French, so, I really know what to do, just yet.

Anyhow, this game looks excellent and I’m looking forward to play it. You guys at Insomniac know how to make games, for sure! (you’ve been blowing my mind since R&C1)

Cheers,

Chris

TFHAppo said:

September 2nd, 1:44 pm

Hey, James, I got the first Resistance the day it came out and still pop it in sometimes to stop the Chimeran Invasion. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys will be doing the “Play with Insomniac Fridays.” I always love to play Assault with you guys.

NewYork214 said:

September 2nd, 1:44 pm

this will be my first collectors edition purchase. this is the only time i thought it was worth it.

JaKhris said:

September 2nd, 1:45 pm

Oops, “really DON’T know”, sorry. ;)

rahxephon63 said:

September 2nd, 1:51 pm

Holy Cricket!! That is one of the coolest special editions i have ever seen. Man i gotta get this. I wished they would have included a life size bullseye in it. Now that would have been fun.

mike223 said:

September 2nd, 1:53 pm

i live in a place with no gamespot, but theres an eb games, do i still get it if i pre order

harlemzkid said:

September 2nd, 1:54 pm

i gt into the home beta so i know imma be in the resistance beta since i am a qore subscriber.. yay me now for socom and killzone and ill be the luckiest dude on earth =].. ohh yeaa i got into warhawk as well.. im going beta crazy =]

P_tear_griffin said:

September 2nd, 1:59 pm

Am getting this game day 1 :)

RatchetFanatic said:

September 2nd, 2:41 pm

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!!!!

1. Is the first pic a tin box?

2. How limited is this SE/CE/LE? I can find Halo 3 Legendary Editions everywhere going for less than $60. Will this be another “not-so-limited” limited edition?

3. What’s the regular edition’s cover?

Havok-Bringer said:

September 2nd, 2:45 pm

Hmmmm. Since I pre-ordered through the PS website into Circuit City, will the public beta still be available to me?

meepmoopmeep said:

September 2nd, 2:46 pm

oooh, sweet!

i paid in full on the weekend, now i have to go back and change my pre-order for the CE version.

ghamdikh1 said:

September 2nd, 2:50 pm

1-will Resistance2 support in game custom sound track?

2-will Resistance2 HAVE SOME support for Sixaxis motion controller?

3-will Resistance2 HAVE SOME support for Remote Play?

4-will Resistance2 support youtube uploading?

5-will Resistance2 come whit an option to install the game to the hard drive?

3D3 said:

September 2nd, 2:58 pm

What if you got Qore #3 from sharing?!! :(

alexandra_1191 said:

September 2nd, 3:21 pm

Already pre-orded it! IS the bullseye seperate from the chimera?

dinosauriac said:

September 2nd, 3:32 pm

Thanks for disappointing yet again.

NO PLANS AT ALL for this outside of America and not a scrap of info about the European beta. I mean what the hell?! I guarantee you there are more Resistance fans in Europe. Stop ignoring the fact that PlayStation is a universal brand and that everyone is entitled to the same stuff.

Call SCEE. Tell them they’re all fired and replace them with a bunch of chimpanzees. I’m sure we’ll get a better service.

Mind you, that’s as likely to happen as letting us re-position that stupid little clock on the XMB.

TwilightToxin said:

September 2nd, 4:24 pm

Wow! I was gonna forget the collectors and just buy the regular, but this looks great.

P_tear_griffin said:

September 2nd, 4:29 pm

So, I didn’t know I had been invited to the R2 private beta. I browsed through my e-trash (how often do I browse through my deleted emails.. really?) today and noticed this email from a few weeks back. Is anyone else in and is it still going? I’m DLing the beta now.

Andronix said:

September 2nd, 5:07 pm

@98 paranoimia

I was really looking forward to this so I have to agree it is a real shame SCE-Europe have decided not to release it in the UK/Europe. The excuse that the extra content would need to be localised is not a good one because most DVD movies in Europe don’t even have subtitles for the extras. The majority of Europeans speak English, so why penalise the English speakers?

This is crazy decision, PS3 owners want to give MORE money to Sony and they turn it down! Maybe DAVID REEVES can answer why it is that Microsoft can get their act together and release a Gears of War 2 special edition, but SCEE cant be bothered?

(im still looking forward to the game!)

Macros said:

September 2nd, 5:19 pm

I am a Qore subscriber, but I only subscribed from episode 2, does that still include the premiere access?

Thank you.

TheHakku said:

September 2nd, 5:32 pm

NICE. I’m definitely preordering this one. When is the soonest time we can preorder the game at Gamestop? Also, will users in the private beta be rolled over into the open beta?

I can’t wait for November to come!

Chaos_Bladez said:

September 2nd, 6:00 pm

I love Resistance but I’m getting the standard edition. No limited edition appeals to me…

FDPfrankie said:

September 2nd, 6:10 pm

I am soooo getting the collector’s edition.

S-y-c-o said:

September 2nd, 6:56 pm

I have a question that i know a lot of people want to know,

When will the premier date come out In September or October and whats the estimated date give the fans something.

And what section of October does the single Qore ep3 buyers get in 1st-10th 10th-20th 20th-30th

Give us something iv been following Resistance 2 info since January and been trying to get in beta for months now everyday working on getting in.

Zhi13 said:

September 2nd, 7:13 pm

Hey if i buy the qore edition to get the beta will i still get it?

CaptainCamaro said:

September 2nd, 7:39 pm

So is the “Bullseye” the extra gun pictured in the bottom right? It’s been so long since the I played the first game. Can you switch out the guns in the figure’s hands?

MegaClank said: