God of War

Sep 04

Sep 04

Super Stardust HD Video Tips: Got Trophies?

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Are you lagging behind your friends in the Trophy department? Are they asking you, “Where are your skills?” Well, if you’re looking to get ahead, you’ve come to the right place. Super Stardust HD, one of the most popular (and critically acclaimed) downloadable games on the PLAYSTATION Network, was the very first title to support trophies. So why not start there? The gameplay is simple, but as you’ll see in the videos, the strategy involved is deep.

Check out these videos and get some hints and tips for this hyper-exciting arcade shooter, gather up some trophies and then start a little trash talking of your own. These tips come straight from one of the world’s top SSHD players, and all of the footage is from one of his phenomenal play sessions.

Video 1: Arcade Tips
These 10 tips will get you on your way to absurd scores and, of course, those coveted Trophies.

Video 2: Solo Mode Tips
If you’re playing the Super Stardust HD expansion pack, Solo Mode, these tips will help you rack up the points on the way to the Trophies.

Hope those vids got your trigger finger itching to play. If you haven’t played Super Stardust HD in a while, now’s your chance to give it another try and work on beefing up that Trophy collection. If you haven’t tried it at all, well, what are you waiting for? The game’s a blast to play (pun intended), and it’s a great way to add to your trophy collection. The game is available for $9.99, and the two great add-on packs, Solo and Team, are available for $4.99 each.

Be sure to check out these videos in all their High Definition glory later today on the PLAYSTATION Store. See you on the Leaderboards!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Fersis said:

September 4th, 7:06 am

amazing ,
Really good idea.
There are couple of very hard trophies ,so a little help is not a bad idea.

Engine said:

September 4th, 7:08 am

Is it just me or is it very difficult to understand the person talking in the videos?

EViD said:

September 4th, 7:15 am

I think I am stuck at 78%. This might help to getting a 100%. Thanks.

GGCAN said:

September 4th, 7:16 am

Thanks for the tips….A few of my friends that have all the trophies may be a bit miffed to see this after they already got their trophies.

@2 Engine, a bit hard to understand as it’s robotic and sounds like a bit of an echo, but I understood what they said.

Silentshot13 said:

September 4th, 7:16 am

I love this game so much. I got all the trophies except for the get 10 nukes one. The bomber one was so freaking hard! What were you guys thinking? Well, it was worth it in the end when I finally saw the trophy in the corner and saw that all 146 tries weren’t wasted. Anyway, do you have any specific tips for the nuke one?

Fersis said:

September 4th, 7:17 am

@2 Engine
It sound like he is british. (And the voice is modified)
I like the british accent.
Anyway, its a good way to rank up, when i got home i will try some of those tips.

FritoZ said:

September 4th, 7:20 am

i always forget i can zoom/boost through smaller enemies if i get surrounded..

adding trophies to this game really made it for me…thanks!

now if my dang busted PS3 will get fixed already and shipped back!

it’s only been like 4 days but it’s killing me!

peace

THATPSPGUY said:

September 4th, 7:22 am

Must buy this game soon, must buy this game soon. oh wait I can’t. NO PSN CARDS.

IceCold said:

September 4th, 7:26 am

Humm haven’t watched the videos but I hope they can give me tips on how to get 10x multiplayer without DYING AT 9X!! LOL

TheHater said:

September 4th, 7:27 am

I could have use these tips a few months ago when the trophies came out. But I had the game since last year, and I figure out some of my own way of playing the game.

SantanaClaus89 said:

September 4th, 7:28 am

I already have all the SSHD trophies.

But seriously, what is this? An advertisement? You haven’t sold enough copies of this game yet?

kingv84 said:

September 4th, 7:33 am

@ 11 lol I think it is suppose to be video tips and advertisement time at the same time.

Enforcer_X said:

September 4th, 7:36 am

Cool stuff here!
The year of the PlayStation is back!

JBruno said:

September 4th, 7:39 am

i hate the hardness of “late boomer” trophy, its a shame.

.Seiven. said:

September 4th, 7:40 am

awesome, glad to see a resurgence in SSHD and can’t wait to get my hands on PSP version coming soon.

Maverick_fox said:

September 4th, 7:48 am

Why does SSHD apear on my trophy screen, if i only downloaded the demo? is there any way to take it off?

shakoor_h said:

September 4th, 7:57 am

Please for God’s sake release the two update packs as one cheaper download in the UK (like Warhawk). Also I think you should also release the latest 2 updates for Warhawk as a separate cheaper pack as well (because it seems really unfair that people who were willing to pay full price for the first update have to further pay full price for all the others, but those that waited get all 3 of the for two thirds of the price).

amante said:

September 4th, 7:58 am

43 lives? 51 bombs? WHAT?! That’s insane.

These were actually some interesting tips though. The one about boosting through bosses I never even thought of. And the one about getting five weapon upgrades at a time is very handy. These tips might actual be quite useful.

xino said:

September 4th, 8:06 am

I really love this game. I haven’t played in awhile, due to so many great PSN games that have come out recently. I only need 2 more trophies, one I can’t get until I get the MP pack.

I still need the Bomber trophy6. The most loathed trophy of them all! I’ve only gotten 14 bombs so far. :-(

cywulf21 said:

September 4th, 8:18 am

This game’s over a year old and still better than geo wars.

I’m only missing late boomer. That trophy is the devil in trophy form. I’ve tried tailing the bomb ships but only got 14 at the most.

Also you need to put the soundtrack up on PSN, i’d buy it if it were there.

ChuckUFarley said:

September 4th, 8:18 am

This is awesome… Great boost and chaining tips!

Fersis said:

September 4th, 8:18 am

@9 IceCold
It happened to me ,several times :(

Onna76_NL said:

September 4th, 8:19 am

Got them all. Late Boomer was the biggest pain, took me over 8 days and 600 tries to get the darn ding and all it was, was a bronze trophy :-P

Onna76_NL said:

September 4th, 8:20 am

I lack at Warhawk trophies, because I utterly suck at it and I don’t really find it a fun game to play.

Scodo_Thope said:

September 4th, 8:20 am

Ah how do I spend time between other games?

SSHD!

Great Tips!

See you on top the leader board!

:P

gat305 said:

September 4th, 8:22 am

got all the trophies already… but that bomber one had me wanting to break something… i finally got it one day after having a couple beers and chillin… should have done that from the beginning!

Stoffinator said:

September 4th, 8:28 am

The only two I can not get are “Late Boomer” and “Shock and Awe”. These two should of been gold. Not silver.

Zemus101 said:

September 4th, 8:34 am

The Late Boomer one isn’t as difficult as say, getting some of the trophies in Eden, you just have to do it a certain way. As soon as you start a Bomber game, get right up close behind the 2xbomb ship thingy, follow it as best as you can (this still takes a lot of practice and plenty of tries) keep following it as it pushes it’s way through the barriers, once the red guys drop you’ll hafta speed around trying to get them to run into eachother and other rocks. Anyways, keep following the bomber ship as best as you can, until a second one shows up, get them as close together as you can, and then use a bomb, you should pick up 4 bombs just from using a single bomb. Now you just have to survive long enough to do that again, or you could try blowing up the ships individually if you can’t seem to get them close together. Good luck! Hope that helps you guys out :D

joolz said:

September 4th, 8:45 am

trophies? did i miss something? i want instruktions for late boomer.

subbed said:

September 4th, 8:49 am

Late bomber is the only one I cant get… Most bombs I seem to be able to get is 14 then it gets to crazy…

Jeigh said:

September 4th, 8:53 am

I’ve been playing awhile, so I knew about most of that stuff, but the things I did learn will most certainly help.

Thanks. :D

IceCold said:

September 4th, 9:07 am

Wow, this guy is a beast!

Ghostm said:

September 4th, 9:08 am

This would’ve been helpful awhile back, but I already have them all.

lakaihigh said:

September 4th, 9:11 am

i am kinda ‘meh’ about this game. Idk why but i still haven’t plopped down my money for this game. if my g/f will play it with me then i’ll get it. i’ll be sure to ask her tonight. See you all online!

peace,
Lh

mywhitenoise said:

September 4th, 9:12 am

I have them all. They were all relatively easy to get, except for Late Boomer. Man, that trophy was a [DELETED]!

Took me about 400 tries until I finally thought of a good strategy.

ED HUNTER said:

September 4th, 9:13 am

JOOU!. Exelents tips!..then I use of bomb and boost in same time…mmm interesting

Thanks for this world class player!

proper7 said:

September 4th, 9:15 am

Very usefull information. Thank you very much!

saintfighteraqua said:

September 4th, 9:25 am

I hope I can get the others…..I have several, but the rest are so difficult!!
I never thought I’d love trophies so much.

DankandSticky said:

September 4th, 9:29 am

Already got all of them a long time ago.. but if your stuck on Bomber….. or want to get a much higher score… than check out right at the end of video two….

lostboy85 said:

September 4th, 9:32 am

Thanks for the tips. Great idea!

gardea said:

September 4th, 9:45 am

I just need the add-on trophies and co-op trophy.

Maverick_fox said:

September 4th, 9:45 am

@17

Yep i’m one of those, was waiting for a broken mirror + fallen star combo.

a SSHD expansion combo would be nice too.

TouchyEd said:

September 4th, 9:48 am

Great tips! Some of them will really come in handy.

DankandSticky…great new alias!!

nmc75 said:

September 4th, 10:05 am

I’m very close to buying this game… another PSN sale with this game at a discounted price will seal the deal for me. The confidential video voiceover guy sounds like the Governator to me.

EvoAnubis said:

September 4th, 10:06 am

*chuckles* Check my score. I need no help. Cool for those that do, though.

PyroJack said:

September 4th, 10:14 am

@44 Same here. I’ve been waiting for a price drop to buy the game.

EvoAnubis said:

September 4th, 10:21 am

@30: That [DELETED] bastard Late Boomer trophy boils down to pure luck. I tried for 2 hours once and, like you, 14 is the best I could do.

I console myself with my 103M high score and all my other trophies.

Mindplague said:

September 4th, 10:26 am

Thess are great videos. I found out about most of these tips myself but there are a couple that I hadn’t thought of.

Now, when are we getting and online coop and battle modes? Guys, we’ve been waiting for that for a long time. In fact we thought the Team Pack would include it! I hope its in development already.

S-E-G said:

September 4th, 10:43 am

yeah, great videos, i’d like to see more videos like this of other games
thanks

ISEMAN said:

September 4th, 10:54 am

I got all the trophies from the original release, but haven’t gotten the 2 addons to get all the trophies. I doubt I’m going to get the addons unless they are released in some package deal or have their prices reduced. Great game though, great game!!

PAGE 1 2