PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 05

Sep 05

The Force Unleashed … on PlayStation.Blog Readers

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

SWTFU PS3

I’m pretty confident that any gamer with at least a passing interest in the Star Wars universe knows that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is coming to the PLAYSTATION 3, PS2, and PSP this month (September 16th, to be exact).

That’s why SCEA is teaming up with LucasArts and Best Buy to mark the midnight release of the game in San Francisco on the night of September 15th – and everyone’s invited to the launch party. Beginning at 7pm, the 1717 Harrison St. Best Buy location (that’s my hood!) will feature appearances by Sam Witwer (Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice – and main character of the game), as well as a number of other cast members. From the game development side, Executive Producer Haden Blackman and others from LucasArts will be on hand. Attendees will be able to play the full version of the game in advance, and take photos with Star Wars characters.

“But I don’t live in San Francisco!”, you may be typing furiously into the comments section. Well, we thought ahead about how to include the rest of the country. Here’s the plan:

Later today, I’m going to visit with Haden Blackman at LucasArts for an interview. What do you want to know about the game (or anything, for that matter)? I’ll ask him for you.

The interview will show up on the Blog this coming Monday – and at that time, Mr. Blackman will ask a Star Wars-related trivia question. The first respondents with the correct answer will win special Star Wars/The Force Unleashed collectables. We’ll have all the details on how to win (and what you’ll be playing for) this Monday.

In the meantime … tell me what to ask the Executive Producer of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

XxBigP123xX said:

September 5th, 7:04 am

Played the demo the first time: Didn’t like it.

Played it a second time: Pretty good game.

I just couldn’t get into it enough though, probably because I’ve never watched a Star Wars movie.

Fersis said:

September 5th, 7:06 am

Jeff i want to congratulate you for your hard work at the blog.
Its super nice to have various posts every day.

And this is my question:

-Which was the hardest part of developing the game ? Technology ? Character design ? History?

Keith K said:

September 5th, 7:06 am

I’ve played both demos for the game and both are completely identical. The game doesnt have an online component so it’s still in the air which to get.

2 simple questions: Trophies? Yes or No?

Remote Play support: Yes or No?

saunderswan said:

September 5th, 7:06 am

nice is this competition open to us in the uk jeff?

metalmistress said:

September 5th, 7:07 am

Life with Playstation? Home?

Fersis said:

September 5th, 7:07 am

*story
i mean story, i still confuse those 2 words.

Stoffinator said:

September 5th, 7:07 am

What I would like to know is,

How was it working with the Force Unleashed on the PS3 compared to the other platforms?

Fantatier said:

September 5th, 7:07 am

Is aiming for things to force grab more intuative than in the demo?

Scodo_Thope said:

September 5th, 7:08 am

I would say I have a passing interest in Star Wars.

Enough to hang out in front of a Best Buy in Dallas!

The DEMO is awesome!

This is a must buy!

“The Force Is Strong With This One!”

:P

Azmo85 said:

September 5th, 7:09 am

I loved the demo but common add TROPHY SUPPORT!!!!!!

the PSN world cry’s out for it!!!

Onna76_NL said:

September 5th, 7:14 am

Trophies? NO, nuff said :-( What’s the deal with an earning system if devs refuse to add trophies in their games. Bethesda is another one of a perfect example… The 360 version of Fallout 3 is getting DLC and Achievements and what does the PS3 get besides the main game itself? Right… nothing.

I might be getting SW TFU, but not right now, the demo didn’t convince me to buy it on day one, neither do the reviews.

saunderswan said:

September 5th, 7:15 am

how hard was it to implement the new apprentice to the story of starwars without contradicting the story and what was the best part of doing this?

Morphine16 said:

September 5th, 7:16 am

We need TROPHIES!!
Tell him that

lifeRPGs said:

September 5th, 7:17 am

What does LittleBigPlanet + Star Wars make? Well, this: http://i35.tinypic.com/eq7483.jpg

^.^

subbed said:

September 5th, 7:17 am

Whats the chance trophies will be added down the line? Do you plan to support this game long after release(ie Warhawk/Burnout)? Can we expect and DLC additions? Would LucasArt ever make a smaller possible psn downloadable cell shaded game like Penny Arcade but with the clone wars art style?

bhurak said:

September 5th, 7:19 am

1) I own a Wii and a PS3. The Wii version seems like the best value – cheaper, includes a multiplayer mode, and five more levels! Why should I purchase the PS3 version?

2) Will any of the Wii content ever be available for PS3 through a patch or DLC?

3) When will you be adding trophy support?

Scodo_Thope said:

September 5th, 7:21 am

Trophies should never be the deciding factor on a game.

Stop whining!

Jeff, please ask Mr. Blackman what (if any) DLC support planed?

:P

Ghostm said:

September 5th, 7:22 am

I was very excited about this game until I played the demo.
It’s not worth my $60. Not to mention there’s no Trophy support. It’s probably going to be scored between a 6.5 or 7.5.

benzboi92 said:

September 5th, 7:22 am

Star Wars movies on Blu-ray? LoL I guess he might not know (but it can’t hurt).

Add me to the Trophy request list as well…

Nynja said:

September 5th, 7:23 am

Trophies would be a plus, but who freaking cares – IT’S STAR WARS! 6 more days!!!!!!!

I can hear the lightsabers now… :P

iokomo said:

September 5th, 7:23 am

It is a nice game and all but why is there a billion “skills” that require a library of button combinations?

Twyst said:

September 5th, 7:28 am

was there every any consideration to making the appretice male or female? (as in being able to choose your character)

Twyst said:

September 5th, 7:30 am

also, which probably wont get asked why fire the team that made this forward thinking game? :P

TheManGone said:

September 5th, 7:31 am

TROPHIES!!!

TheManGone said:

September 5th, 7:32 am

sorry, but i really enjoy trophies.

JBruno said:

September 5th, 7:32 am

I didnt like the demo… combat system is bad… the game its about the use of powers of force, use it,repeat again, done. The lightsaber barely is remembered when you playing, you dont need to use it.

A.T. Hun said:

September 5th, 7:39 am

I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. My only concern is that we didn’t get to see any of the lightsaber combat. How is that implemented in The Force Unleashed? Is it somewhat similar to the Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy form of saber dueling? Or will it be a “who can pull off the best force power combo” battle with the saber being secondary at best?

Violater said:

September 5th, 7:41 am

Who would win in a fight Luke from episode 3 or the Apprentice?

Why is the light saber so underpowered in the Demo, does it level up later on?

Enforcer_X said:

September 5th, 7:41 am

Yeah Iam with #18
Star Wars Blu-rays?
I would like to know about the team layoffs as well.
Couldn’t care less about the game really, seems Lucas couldn’t either, getting rid of those people.

Onna76_NL said:

September 5th, 7:42 am

” Scodo_Thope | September 5th, 2008 at 7:21 am

Trophies should never be the deciding factor on a game.

Stop whining!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why don’t you stop whining about the people whining. We have a system not for show you know.

GlavinChris said:

September 5th, 7:49 am

Here is my question:

How does this game incorporate into the Star Wars cinematic movies? Such as, will there be any other recognizeable characters besides Darth Vader?

Thanks for giving us this opportunity to ask our questions!

-The Glavin

FrozoneUSMC said:

September 5th, 7:50 am

I’m not a huge fan of Star Wars, but I do like the story. The game is fully paid and I’m awaiting the release!

StevenBullen said:

September 5th, 7:51 am

Didnt rate the game to highly. My little boy does want it though.

** Please get Europe (UK) Sony to sort a blog out simliar to this. **

LordNitsud said:

September 5th, 7:53 am

Will SWFU support trophies?

CallOfDutyFreak said:

September 5th, 7:55 am

Question.

Will the PSP version of the game have infrastructure multiplayer for its multiplayer modes.

leetfoo said:

September 5th, 7:58 am

Seemed cool, but no 1080 support = no buy. My TV doesn’t do 720p, and I don’t play new games in 480p. Hopefully just the demo has this limitation, but I’m not holding my breath.

AwRy108 said:

September 5th, 7:58 am

Decent PS3 game, but far from being worth $60, especially without Trophies or any type of multiplayer component. The game’s mechanics are fun, but not enough to keep me–or most people–entertained for an entire game.

I’ll grab this game when it gets a price drop to $30.

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:04 am

Here’s my question:

For the ps3 version can you move while blocking?

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:05 am

Here’s another question:

Can you play as different characters for the entire game once you finish the game as the apprentice?

kenji said:

September 5th, 8:06 am

This question might seem ridiculous but I’m strongly considering getting the PS3 and the PSP version. Does the PSP version have enough special features to justify both purchases? I’m probably buying both anyway but just wanted to know your thoughts.

Also will there be trophy support?

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:07 am

Here’s one more question:

How many light saber combos are there?

Chrisrahosiris said:

September 5th, 8:07 am

Here is my question:

Are there any planned bonuses for individuals that purchase both the PS3 and PSP version?

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:09 am

Here’s an additional question:

Can you use weapons other than the force, lightning, and the light saber? For example, could you use the staff-like weapon that General Grievous used?

dan1066 said:

September 5th, 8:13 am

ask him if the game will have trophies and if not ask him why the hell not trophies are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:17 am

Here’s another question:

Will the game be patched for trophy support?

FeaturePreacher said:

September 5th, 8:18 am

Here’s another question:

Will the game have allow you to play music stored on your ps3 while playing the game? If not, will it be patched in?

narde15 said:

September 5th, 8:20 am

how does it feel to be part of the star wars cannon!

Zorox said:

September 5th, 8:21 am

Don’t waste money on this game. There are a lot better games then this.

jcasanova said:

September 5th, 8:25 am

Questions:

Are there starfighter levels in The Force Unleashed? My favorite games are the Starfighter series and the first Rogue Squadron.

Are there plans to release a new “Starfighter” or “Jedi Knight” game in the future? Or is TFU a new franchise to replace Jedi Knight?

I remember an excellent game called Star Wars: Gallactic Battlegrounds, it will be great if LucasArts released it on the PSN. (Jeff, maybe you can use your jedi mind tricks to convince them into this).

Also you could ask about downloadable content!! Any info will be great!

skaterricky said:

September 5th, 8:26 am

Heres my humbal questions.

– Will there be trophy support, and if so how long in development will we have to wait?

– Was there a Diffent Demo version made?

– Why didnt they add more support toward the lightsabors?

——————————————

The Demo changed my mind about buying the game right away… sorry it just busted my bubble that the lightsabors wasnt to much of a effect throw the demo.

Ricky,