Knack 2

Sep 12

Sep 12

Burnout Bikes Dated!

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Criterion Games

bike03

We’re finally able to announce that our latest free downloadable Burnout pack bikes will be out 18th September!!!

It’s tough to give specific dates on downloadable content, because we don’t know for certain until the last minute. But hey, we’re really excited about bringing bikes to Burnout, so we’re going to take a chance and tell you that we’re aiming for September 18 – that’s this coming Thursday!

If you missed our earlier posts, here’s what’s coming:

• Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
  • 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
  • A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It’s fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it’s up to you.)
  • Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City.
  • And if that’s not enough, we’ve got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too.

Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it’s all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

bike07

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix. These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

bike20

We’ve got all the details on bikes at www.criteriongames.com and in our latest video podcast – Crash TV. You can see it now on iTunes.

Burnout Paradise is currently available for the Greatest Hits price of $29.99 on PLAYSTATION 3.

Next week, we’re back to talk trophies.

bike11

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

PSPsGTghOost said:

September 12th, 1:55 pm

To people who buy collector’s edition’s of a game get access to more trophies? Coz they paid more.

Delriach said:

September 12th, 2:13 pm

I lubbers you criterion games.

lakaihigh said:

September 12th, 2:14 pm

this is great! any news on when Burnout will be available for download via PSN? I’ll be waiting…

thanks,
Lh

MUGEN02 said:

September 12th, 2:16 pm

You forgot to mention the 2 secret bikes.

Adz said:

September 12th, 2:18 pm

This is great news, and much earlier than I was expecting :D

You guys are awesome!

-Ad-

EViD said:

September 12th, 2:25 pm

Wow. Thanks a lot for the update. Did you just say Trophies? OMG!

RichterNYR35 said:

September 12th, 2:31 pm

Sweet! I’m excited for Day/Night, not so much the bikes but the less traffic! Im tired of the damn Geo Metros pulling out in front of me!

Any news on the new Island?

Squall2600 said:

September 12th, 2:36 pm

I can always count criterion for awesome gamin experience

Theossie said:

September 12th, 2:52 pm

I love these guys.. Thanks for the support!!!

Hey people.. I’m going to buy 2 copied of Burnout Paradise and give them away via a random drawing on my site.

Enter daily for your chance to win a copy!!

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

September 12th, 2:58 pm

I can’t wait till you bring this game to the PSN! I’ll pick it up then!

Thanks guys!

neo_bahamut said:

September 12th, 3:02 pm

By far the best developers of this gen!

suv_drift said:

September 12th, 3:03 pm

Still one word for this game: AWESOME!!!!
I’m going to drift my hawker on nighttime before going to the bikes.

QUICK question:
What happens to the ranked races. Are they still going to be as one?, are they going to be reset?, or the bikes will have a separated online ranking system?

D.Vader said:

September 12th, 3:05 pm

Criterion – No mention of Nex-Gen Black? :P

Keep the patches coming.

ONE SUGGESTION PLEASE BRING BACK THE CRASH EVENTS. I have no idea how you would do it in this open world, but that was the most unique game play mechanisms of any racing game the last gen. I do like Showtime, but it’s not quite the same. If you can bring back DJ Atomica you can bring back Crash Events. That’s the way DJ Atomica would want it.

Who’s with me on Crash Events? Give me a hell yeah!

XxBigP123xX said:

September 12th, 3:10 pm

Awesome, can’t wait.

H3AVY F1R3 said:

September 12th, 3:12 pm

I HAVENT GOTTEN MY SOCOM CONFRONTATION QORE CODE YET!?!?!?!?

TheHakku said:

September 12th, 3:31 pm

Oh my god. I can’t wait. Jeremy, you and the guys at Criterion rock!

…I guess literally, as it’s been shown many times that you can play the game with a Rock Band guitar controller….

AranhaHunter said:

September 12th, 3:35 pm

As soon as that trophy patch is available, Burnout Paradise shall be mine

OmegaArchetype said:

September 12th, 3:35 pm

Most amazing post-release support that I’ve seen from a non-MMO console game.

Much appreciated and keep it up, I can’t wait for the island update as well as trophy support. Burnout and Criterion FTW!

Crimson_Ryan said:

September 12th, 3:36 pm

I’m not going to lie, I love this game. But in all honestly, these developers being so awesome are the biggest reason I bought this game.

You guys are great, nice job. :)

k3coyotes_55 said:

September 12th, 4:56 pm

@17 it has been told to you several times already that they will work on the trophy patch AFTER the bikes patch

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 5:38 pm

I do like the bikes. I must admit I am much much much more excited about Burnout Paradise getting trophies than getting bikes.

Don’t take that the wrong way I’m saying that bikes was a bad idea, or that it I dont’ appreciate it. The thing is, with so many games with trophies and so many Betas coming out soon, and lists of great AAA titles, getting a job, moving, etc… I’ll be hard pressed to make time. I have over 40 games in my backlog.

One thing I do have to say though is I’ll be selling the copy I own and buying it from the PSN when that’s done. Most importantly though Trophies give me something to accomplish, a goal to shoot for, and more reason to play.

I don’t need trophies with this update, or next week, or anything, BUT I would atleast like a list of retroactive trophies. Why play 30 hours this week if no one will really see my progress unless they go all the way to your website to do so…

Once I know what trophies to shoot for, that will be my motivation to pick up the game again.

One day I plan on selling all of my hard copies of games I can get on the PSN. I find it more convenient for me to do it that way especially with certain features being available at the end of the year.

Thanks for all of your hard work. I hope you took something good from my post.

nmc75 said:

September 12th, 6:34 pm

I have Burnout:Paradise as a TO BUY. At $30, downloadable off the PSN and all these FREE DLC, it’s hard to argue that it’s not a good buy. All other developers need to take note.. this is what next gen. gaming and DLC should work. I think everyone knows when a company is nickel and diming their supporters, and Criterion is clearly NOT doing that, but actually adding value to what their consumers have bought. Kudos!!!

LordMoose said:

September 12th, 6:34 pm

NICE GREAT TO HEAR!!!!!this makes up for what is going on with the QORE socom beta test issuses!!!!!!!!!!

artofwar420 said:

September 12th, 6:36 pm

WOW, thanks for the present! Right on time for a special day!

Hedrakk said:

September 12th, 6:44 pm

Way to go Criterion Games!!!! :) I’m not a racing fan, but this game is probably my best 60$ gaming money I ever spent!

By the way, is the night/day cycle will work with cars??

Thank you, Keep up the good work!

ricman1103 said:

September 12th, 6:45 pm

am i crazy?
did i hear trophies?
YEAAAAAAAH!

joedirtrules said:

September 12th, 7:01 pm

Oh my god, September 18 is a big day for me… MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I guess I know what game I’m going to get!!! :D!!!!

deadxbabiesxinc said:

September 12th, 7:05 pm

thank you guys for keeping the updates coming! I’m loving this game more and more every update :)

RatchetFanatic said:

September 13th, 3:48 am

good stuff

bob said:

September 13th, 8:05 am

As soon as the trophy update hits im running to the store to get this!!!!!Burnout for the win

Taun89 said:

September 13th, 8:20 am

when are the bikes going to come to the european store?

rockymtnbri said:

September 13th, 8:40 am

September 18th – can’t wait! And I will add to the praise for the developers – you are the best! If I visit the UK any time soon, I will make it a point to stop by Criterion!

Bubba said:

September 13th, 11:47 am

W00t! Criterion!

VenomX said:

September 14th, 12:25 am

Agreed. Love Criterion. Best 60 bucks I have spent on a console period. Thanks!

Shiden or Combo said:

September 14th, 12:39 am

I have have to say bike are a very delicious frosting XD yum

wyldekat said:

September 14th, 5:05 pm

hail the current champs of free dlc

PSN= wyldekat

SILVERBLADE said:

September 14th, 11:56 pm

This is awsome news and i hope more developers will follow in your footsteps and please if Criterion games developers are reading this can you consider getting slitscreen even for just offline mode becuase we gamers want to show our friends when they come over how good this game really is and OWN them at it!! please at least consider it becuase i know all the people at my school would play more or even buy the game if it was only spitscreen even if it’s only two players please!!!

Your dedecated gamer Silverblade64

P.S Everyone else has your support!!! :)

zeke2040 said:

September 15th, 8:46 am

that’s great news… keep up the good work… i can’t wait to update the new patches

wallhugger said:

September 16th, 11:36 am

no offence but screw those trophies. I rather hear ppl brag about that 102% :B. Btw thanks for setting a date on the bikes I was really waiting for it and checked the site and the blog every day for the last month.

Criterion you guys [DELETED] rock.

rockymtnbri said:

September 16th, 12:11 pm

I’m hoping for (at least) two player split screen as well! C’mon Criterion, we know you can do it!

rockymtnbri said:

September 18th, 10:24 am

So, has anyone downloaded it and tried out the night day and weather, along with the bikes?

SILVERBLADE said:

September 18th, 9:06 pm

The Day and night is so awsome and bikes owns but we still need two player splitscreen! come on criterion and all others who read this forum to comment and say how much we all want splitscreen!!!

PAGE 1 2