God of War

Sep 19

Sep 19

PLAYSTATION Store Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PLAYSTATION Store.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Burn Notice, Season 2
  • Crime 360, Season 1
  • Deadliest Catch, Season 3
  • Married with Children, Season 6
  • Miami Ink, Season 5
  • Most Shocking, Season 1
  • Robot Chicken, Season 3

We’ve also added the following feature films to the Store:

• Blue Collar Comedy Tour
  • Bram Stoker’s Dracula
  • Dragon Wars
  • Empire Records
  • Ghost World
  • The Love Guru
  • Made of Honor
  • My Girl
  • Ocean’s Eleven (Remake)
  • Nim’s Island
  • Perfect Stranger
  • Pumpkinhead
  • Shaft’s Big Score
  • Speed Racer
  • Street Kings
  • Tsotsi
  • Water
  • What Happens in Vegas
  • What Happens in Vegas (Extended)

And, finally, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

top 20 movie DL 9/19top 20 TV DL 9/19

Have a great weekend!

Add Your Own

Jeigh said:

September 19th, 3:02 pm

Forbidden Kingdom? Why have I never heard of this, and yet it’s at the top of the best sellers…? Man, I must be out of it. Thanks for the update! :D

Have a good weekend!

Masterofallz said:

September 19th, 3:02 pm

Woo! Thanks!

AranhaHunter said:

September 19th, 3:03 pm

FAIL update. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia new season just started this week. I wanted to have all episodes and was gonna get it from PSN because I like Sony more than Apple, but I have no option but to go to itunes….

saintfighteraqua said:

September 19th, 3:06 pm

No new universe or anime?
Pumpkin head is still too scary.

How about Return to Oz, Labyrinth, and that sort of thing?

theownerz said:

September 19th, 3:10 pm

thanks for this guys

SDkngsht said:

September 19th, 3:13 pm

can you guys tell us who actually downloaded Harold & Kumar so i can delete them from my friends list. :|

lol.

just picked up star wars the force unleashed. i’ll check out street kings after that. heard it was pretty good.

Jeigh said:

September 19th, 3:14 pm

@3 AranhaHunter

I don’t think that’s a very fair assessment. Just because it didn’t have what you wanted, doesn’t mean it automatically fails. There’s a lot of other good stuff there. Robot Chicken Season 3 is certainly a nice addition.

SDkngsht said:

September 19th, 3:14 pm

SIDENOTE:

can we get X’amd episodes for download to SAVE TO THE HARD DRIVE? i really want to see it but refuse to pay that much to rent it for one viewing. we want to have it on our HDD. what’s the problem?

AranhaHunter said:

September 19th, 3:15 pm

@7 Jeigh

Not having one of the most popular shows on TV the week the new season starts is a major FAIL.

AwRy108 said:

September 19th, 3:15 pm

Man, I wanna download stuff from the video store SO BAD; but there’s no way I’m doing it until we have the option to re-download content that we delete from our PS3 HDD’s.

SDkngsht said:

September 19th, 3:17 pm

@1

Forbidden Kingdom is a good movie. kind of corny but think of it as a Princess Bride meets The Never Ending Story meets kung fu flick (Jet Li’s Fearless or Hero or Jackie Chan’s Drunken Monkey).

FritoZ said:

September 19th, 3:25 pm

so any word yet on a new strategy for rental periods?

i have yet to rent any since the limits are preposterous…

i think if you rent it, you should get it for 5-7 days, and you can watch it as many times as you want in that time period…

is that so crazy?

FritoZ said:

September 19th, 3:28 pm

@people wondering about forbidden kingsom-

jackie chan and jet li are great! i saw this in the the theaters when this cam out!

but that @#$%! white kid that is the “hero” is such a tool, and horrible pacing/edits lead to some awkward moments while he is “training”..they just rushed it!

i wish they had made the movie with just jet li and jackie chan, and forget that dumb kid..

my 2 cents

jayyy91 said:

September 19th, 3:28 pm

Still waiting for this awesome service to come to Canada…..

BZKlint said:

September 19th, 4:24 pm

The Forbidden Kingdom sucks :(

Frazz said:

September 19th, 4:25 pm

Canada please

BZKlint said:

September 19th, 4:25 pm

Oops, nevermind.
I was thinking of a different movie ;)

enrichovega said:

September 19th, 4:30 pm

I have a request…

Can you PLEASE,PLEEEASE,PUH-LEEEZE add the Transformers cartoon series to the video store? I’d be willing to bet it’d get ate up faster than Gabe Newell downs hotcakes & hams at a breakfast buffet! And when say Transformers I don’t mean that Armada/Beast Wars crap! I’m talkin about the 1983 O.G. series. Also, give us the option of a discounted entire season dload vs. individual episodes.

BTW…would also love to see G.I. Joe, Thundercats, and Star Blazers the series in the 70’s known in Japan as Space Battleship Yamato.

bp9801 said:

September 19th, 4:30 pm

I’m waiting for more sci fi shows, like Ghosthunters, Destination Truth, Monster Quest, or even Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis. Still a good update though.. I need to get my external hard drive clear so I can put movies on it.

snobrder218 said:

September 19th, 4:34 pm

WHERE IS THE FUTURAMA PROMISED LIKE 3 WEEKS AGO?!?!?!?! ugh… I need answers.

S-E-G said:

September 19th, 4:36 pm

being Canadian i guess i’ll be going to bluckbuster, getting cold out there i wish i didn’t have to get off my butt to rent my damn movies
come on sony, deliver!!

nmc75 said:

September 19th, 5:03 pm

@19

Can you copy/move PS Store bought movies to an external HDD? I tried to do that but it wouldn’t allow me. I’m not willing to buy more movies until this is resolved, it’s more important that I have my 60gb HDD for games than movies.

kspraydad said:

September 19th, 6:14 pm

@22

Not only can you NOT do that but if you mistakenly erase your purchase or send you PS3 in for a fix (and get a different one back) ALL your movie purchases POOF!

Correct me if I’m wrong Grace please but that is why you’ll not EVER get a purchase from me until the movies are tied to my PSN id and the license becomes transferable to another machine.

kspraydad said:

September 19th, 6:14 pm

@21

Zip.ca would love to hear from you.

manual alphabet said:

September 19th, 6:44 pm

Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford please.

MeanMrMustard said:

September 19th, 7:15 pm

Please, please add the rest of the Metalocalypse season two episodes. You guys started out with episodes 1 thru 13, then added episode 15. Please add episode 14 and the others. I will buy them all!

ruffslaya said:

September 19th, 9:05 pm

When will the PSN video service for Canadian residents start???? I really don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on another marketplace for videos since I also happen to have this other console and it was quick enought to start video service for their Canadian customers. Please don’t make me buy from them again!!!! Please give an estimate at least of when we can expect it to arrive!!! PSN id: ruffslaya

kspraydad said:

September 19th, 9:16 pm

@27

US XBOX MARKETPLACE LAUNCH
Nov 22 2006

CDN XBOX MARKETPLACE LAUNCH
Dec 11 2007

Over 1 year between launches…you call that quick?
*******************************************

US PSN VIDEO STORE LAUNCH
Jul 15 2008

bp9801 said:

September 19th, 10:04 pm

@ 22

I meant, the videos and movies on my PS3 that I transfered over from the Memory Sticks.

@ 23

Uh, I had about 100 trailers on my PS3, I saved them to an external HDD, sent in my PS3, got a new one back, and all my trailers were still there. So maybe get your facts in order?

Natiej85 said:

September 19th, 10:14 pm

You know what this Video section is bad ass to start to say the least, but where are the additional Networks and Movie studios. I’m wanting Comedy Central and for the love of god more anime. Soul Eater, Guyver, Violence Jack, Red Hawk, I mean lets go back and get the goods real quick while were gettin all the new stuff. Do get me wrong we are headed in the right direction as far as anime goes. We got Scooby Doo, so go back and get some older anime.

Tatsujin said:

September 19th, 10:42 pm

Hey man, just to let you guys know at SCEA. Anime is a huge thing in the US. So if you bring more exclusive stuff or just Anime series and even movies from 2006 and beyond you’ll get a smash hit! I’m one of those little punks that will do whatever I can to get my hands on the latest ~

BlueViper said:

September 20th, 2:34 am

You cant get great updates all the time. But you should consider adding South Park and the shield!

BigOLBallz said:

September 20th, 5:59 am

I was wondering if Sony could release some of those hard to get Anime movies not these little shows that are more like soap operas I mean some serious head bustin action animes , this would be much appreciated , and the Fracture demo is off the hook, anywayz good release

Squamden said:

September 20th, 11:31 am

I really want to see Memento, but I don’t want to buy it. Can you please make it a rental?

nmc75 said:

September 20th, 12:20 pm

@29 re: getting facts in order…have you actually bought a movie off the PS Video Store and tried to copy it to an external HDD? You will find you cannot do it, so please don’t accuse those of us who have done so that we don’t have our facts in order if you haven’t. This is a legitimate request that we are asking Sony, that those of us who have bought a movie be allowed to transfer or save it to an external HDD. My 60gb is woefully inadequate for the store bought movies + games. It would make business sense for their DRM folks to make it so that you have the option to store it on a larger external HDD.. they should make it so that the digital rights are stored on the PS3 console that downloaded it and the video playable only on that PS3, which I am OK with.

kspraydad said:

September 20th, 2:36 pm

@29

Before calling me out, LEARN TO READ. We are discussing BOUGHT video NOT trailers.

Waiting for you to man up.

*******************************************

Waiting for GRACE to address the issue…I will not, and nor should ANYONE, until archiving or re-downloading of paid movie content is possible.

@35 I needs to be tied to your PSN so you can re download to the same machine (currently you cannot redownload your purchased content even to the same machine/same psn). If you machine/hdd have to change the MUST implement an EASY way to have the licence transfered.

I am not a pirate nor do I wish to be. I honestly wish to give SONY my business however the way this is handled right now puts NO safety net in place for the legitimate consumer concerns of HDD failure or machine failure.

Grace?

AranhaHunter said:

September 20th, 4:01 pm

Can anyone tell me how the tv show and movie rental DRM compares to XBL and itunes DRM? Thanks

bp9801 said:

September 20th, 7:17 pm

@ 36 and 35

You guys DO know you can swap out the INTERNAL HDD for say, a 250 GB? You are NOT tied to the 60GB it comes with. There are PLENTY of AFFORDABLE options for a 2.5″ HDD and in fact, the How To Steps were posted on this very blog. In fact, a 320 GB 2.5″ HDD can be bought for 100 bucks. So um, instead of not giving Sony your business… how about upgrading your machine? Sony supports it and even encourages you to do so.

kspraydad said:

September 20th, 8:09 pm

@38…

Yes…but that isn’t what the discussion is about…at least what I raised.

Say I put even a 500GB drive in there and I can’t back up my purchased videos and the drive needs to be reformatted even due to a firmware issue (this is common for the PS3)…Your purchased videos are gone and you can’t download them again. THAT is the issue. The issue isn’t space, the issue is being able to KEEP the items you bought if there is an issue with your PS3 and/or HDD.

PS I do have a 320GB.

bp9801 said:

September 20th, 9:02 pm

@ 39

Whatever, I’m done arguing with you guys. I’ll be doing something meaningful, like getting my bike license at 100% in Burnout haha.

Sony is probably more than aware of us talking about getting our movies to be able to save to externals. If you’re that concerned about losing your movies, buy the disc instead of downloading it?

kspraydad said:

September 21st, 5:04 am

@40 Generally an argument requires that both sides know what the argument is about…I don’t think you reached that stage.

nmc75 said:

September 21st, 6:39 pm

@39, @41

I thought about it some and I guess what Sony’s doing is not unlike what other companies do for downloadable music.. offer the download and if you lose it due to some unforeseen incident like HDD failure, you’re screwed. Thing is, with movies bearing such a higher cost than single track songs, in my opinion, it’d be a more prudent and incentivizing action to enable consumers of downloadable movies to be able to redownload (with DRM of course). This is all evolving as no single standard of portability w/DRM exists yet for movies.. not even music as far as I somewhat know. The companies should figure it out soon, I don’t know how much Joe Q. Public would want to embrace digital downloads with these kinds of issues we’ve brought up this weekend alone.

mdude04 said:

September 21st, 7:10 pm

More “Just Shoot Me”; please!

DJTripleRRR said:

September 22nd, 10:17 am

Glad to see Tsotsi being released on the Playstation network… Makes me proud to be SA amongst the many things that do and don’t!

enrichovega said:

September 22nd, 1:35 pm

@mdude04

BANG!!!

“sorry I couldn’t resist”.

bp9801 said:

September 22nd, 11:34 pm

@ 40

Well, excuse me for trying to get you off your high horse. Remind me to find you online, if you actually use your PS3.

OuroborosChoked said:

September 24th, 4:47 pm

Question about Burn Notice:

Why would I pay for that when I can watch it legally for free on USA’s website?

Yeah, just askin’…