Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 02

Oct 02

See the Official PlayStation Bluetooth Headset

Anand Agarwal's Avatar Posted by Sr. Manager, Platforms Marketing

Hey PlayStation fans! Thanks for your enthusiastic response on our first blog post on the advanced features of the official Bluetooth Headset for the PS3. We have put together a feature video for the Headset and wanted to post it here so that you can see it firsthand.

As you may already know, this headset will be available with the SOCOM: Confrontation bundle ($59.99 MSRP) on Oct 14th and as a stand-alone peripheral ($49.99 MSRP) shortly thereafter.

Add Your Own

AwesomeSnake said:

October 2nd, 11:49 am

I need this headset it looks way better then the one i have. Ill be picking this up when i have the money.

poisonedsodapop said:

October 2nd, 11:53 am

Yeah I saw this already. But I thought bluetooth synched up directly to the PS3? Anyways I don’t have a headset to this looks tempting even though I’ve never played SOCOM. Also needs to have girl characters so I can be the right gender. :(

chasegamez said:

October 2nd, 11:55 am

does the head set comes with trophies and custom soundtracks lololol
(joking)

Money1 said:

October 2nd, 12:03 pm

will be picking up headsrt

Jezer29 said:

October 2nd, 12:09 pm

What I would like to know is if the required FW that is needed for this Headset.. Is going to fix the BT problem that EVERYONE has in Warhawk.. Im still buying the game if that helps any

Jezer29 said:

October 2nd, 12:11 pm

BTW the Socom bundle includes the charging stand right??

Stoffinator said:

October 2nd, 12:14 pm

@ 50

Thats probably why Sony packed it with the headset. ;-]

The headset looks awesome, sadly the game it is packed with, does not.

FeaturePreacher said:

October 2nd, 12:17 pm

Hopefully this headset will be packed in with the ps3 in future ps3 skus. SOCOM is $40 without the headset by the way.

xIvSlowDeath420 said:

October 2nd, 12:18 pm

@57
The game is likely the best shooter i’ve played on a console judging from the messed up beta,and can only get better as it gets sorted,sorry you feel that way having never played it though:(

PS Why can i watch video ANYWHERE ELSE on the net and can never get the vids on the PSblog to work.

kspraydad said:

October 2nd, 12:18 pm

@56 Yes

snipeshot14 said:

October 2nd, 12:18 pm

i seen this video before you guys put it up on the site. Btw sick head set. Im going to pick up that game when it comes out.

FeaturePreacher said:

October 2nd, 12:21 pm

X1rtam
The upcoming firmware 2.5 will probably enable those headset features in the upper right hand corner of the video for the official headset. My guess is the firmware will hit next week. Here’s to hoping that multiple data album editing and in-game music for all ps3 titles is included in the new firmware.

MrCamo said:

October 2nd, 12:28 pm

Here is the plan:
Download Socom from PS store so you can switch from Littl big planet to socom without getting up. Then purchase Socom from store to get headset, then trade in Socom disc for Store credit, and purchase (Insert PS3 game here) using store credit.

Mattchewie said:

October 2nd, 12:38 pm

I’m happy as a clam for this headset. I currently use a plantronics set and its really good quality but doesn’t use USB to charge, and even if it did…once its charging your not supposed to use it. So I either have to scramble to put in my USB headset or just forgo voice communications. This is wicked nice. People complain about the price point but I think its worth it with the HD voice settings and the integration with the PS3. Nice work all around. I hope in the NEAR future there is a bundle with this set to get more people talking when playing online.

FeaturePreacher said:

October 2nd, 12:49 pm

The price should hopefully come down dramatically if retailers, especially on-line retailers, just unbundle the SOCOM bundle and sell the headset for just $20. This headset should be bundled with the 80GB ps3 sku instead of creating a 160GB sku with Uncharted. I hope Sony isn’t so aloof that they miss this obvious opportunity.

BeefFungu said:

October 2nd, 12:50 pm

I cant wait to pick up the mic. I’m still debating whether or not to get it stand alone or get the bundle. I know the Socom deal is great but i’ve never been very good at Socom so i may just save the $10 bucks.

FeaturePreacher said:

October 2nd, 12:54 pm

@BeefFungu
Get the SOCOM bundle, use the headset, return the game to Gamestop for $25, end up spending $35 for a $50 product. Or wait until online retailers do this a maybe spend less than $35 for the headset.

elutej said:

October 2nd, 1:16 pm

How about fixing the current bluetooth issue’s first? There has been a problem ever since 2.40 update. BT mixs in Warhawk are a mess. In between games in warhawk my headset disconnects from my PS3 and wont re-connect, the ONLY fix for this seems to be restarting the PS3..I’m not the only one with this issue. Go to the thread on the official PS boards.. or ask my other 30 clan mates. How many more weeks will this issue be swept under the rug? OR is this sony’s way of getting people to buy the “official” PS3 headset?

Kodaime said:

October 2nd, 1:21 pm

Can’t wait for this.

tyfoon13 said:

October 2nd, 1:30 pm

Nice video!!!!

PSWii_Gamer said:

October 2nd, 1:43 pm

Oh my God, I love you guys.

Yes. Being able to talk while charging is very nice. Still, can’t HEAR anything that way, but who cares?!

DrzBIGChris said:

October 2nd, 1:46 pm

cant wait for this to come out and have my first mic ever it would be an epic moment

SkyDragonc5 said:

October 2nd, 1:53 pm

I had got a Motorola headset that charges via usb for my ps3 and it was 59.99.

I think a week after I got it this headset was announced.

I don’t know yet if Ill get it. Ill wait on the reviews for the quality and see. I do like the mute button though!

FeaturePreacher said:

October 2nd, 1:54 pm

Just adding to the list of those who would also like charging enabled while the ps3 is in standby with the red led glowing.

musashi1290 said:

October 2nd, 2:12 pm

@17

to the people who are asking if the game will be 10 dollars it will not. If you just buy the game it will be 40 dollars(disc or download) and for 20 dollars more if you get the bundle you get headset and the game saving you money.

Elsa43 said:

October 2nd, 2:13 pm

I’m a little reluctant to buy yet another bluetooth headset with no guarantees that a future system update won’t make it join my existing collection of “it worked until update X.xx!”.

Please support the Warhawk headset. Many of us bought this headset as it was bundled with a game and we believed it would be supported through future updates. The fact that Sony seems to ignore the fact that the last update created bluetooth headset problems is not encouraging and I see no reason to invest in yet another 6 month headset until Sony proves they are willing to support bluetooth headsets in general.

I bought the PS3 because it is wireless. I’m getting real tired of using a wired USB headset with many games because a system update ruins one of the primary features of the PS3. :(

Daver said:

October 2nd, 2:17 pm

Nice cant wait to get my hands on this with socom :)

Question

will we have more info soon about the keypad?
Thanks

BeefFungu said:

October 2nd, 2:26 pm

@FeaturePreacher

I work for Best Buy so I’m going to get it discounted anyway. Judging by most gaming peripherals it should be a pretty good discount too. But SOCOM looks very interesting but i don’t want to jump into an Online game knowing how hardcore the SOCOM community is and get my *** handed to me and not have any fun.

PointBlank771 said:

October 2nd, 2:28 pm

There is no question about it, I’m buying this on day one of release. Finally a blutooth headset that is done right. Thank you Sony!!!!!

ParadoxSeven said:

October 2nd, 2:36 pm

I’m getting this, can’t wait! about time actually, only wish everybody had one, it came bundled so that we would have more people with mics playing.

beastbarbour said:

October 2nd, 2:42 pm

yeah im getting the socom bundle

Kahuna said:

October 2nd, 2:43 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that this game have bad graphics?
I want that headset thought

pat1202003 said:

October 2nd, 2:49 pm

I been trying my best not to buy a BT headset when I heard about this one. And it looks like my waiting will finally pay off. Can’t what until it comes out.

Daver said:

October 2nd, 3:09 pm

@82 kahuna

I thought that too, but when i played the beta i found it very beautiful, the effects are really good even if some might be rough a little

reefrrulz said:

October 2nd, 3:25 pm

Headset looks sweet, I’ll be a frist day owner. It would be nice if Sony would turn the USB power back on when the system is shut down. When it first launched it was disabled, then after one of the firmware updates the usb ports were still live after shutdown, then another firmware shut them back off. Maybe Sony could put an option to have them on/off after shutdown. but another alternative is the dual charging stand by Pelican it has 2 usb ports for charging on the side.

FrozoneUSMC said:

October 2nd, 3:27 pm

I like DLB’s idea to bundle the headset with the P3. That would be sick. Maybe even a P3, Bluetooth, & SOCOM bundle.

Nick212004 said:

October 2nd, 3:28 pm

I am definately going to get this headset!!! Looks revolutionary

SpookyJuice said:

October 2nd, 3:45 pm

Will the Voice Chat Rooms in the XMB support HQ Mode?

fed315 said:

October 2nd, 8:50 pm

its around the corner soon baby

Rogerjak said:

October 3rd, 1:22 am

I hope it’s good as it sounds.

Gunwing said:

October 3rd, 5:42 am

Well regardless of the features. I still say the price tag for the bundle is too high. WarHawk was only $30.00 and that inclueded it’s Blue-Tooth set. So it has a Mute feature big deal, the Xbox360 one has a mute, and power button all in one, as well as easy to reach volume controlls, and even a good number system so you can tell what level of charge the thing has on it.

BTW how long will the charge last on this thing anyway?

SoVewySylly said:

October 3rd, 7:03 am

@ Gunwing

Warhawk was $59.99 MSRP on release w/ the Jabra b125 , the $29.99 price was availible when the warhawk update Operation: Broken Mirror was in week 1 debut, although now availible as a standalone “Greatest Hit” for the same price. The Xbox 360 Headsets used in USB connection are just logitech “Extreme™ PC Gaming Headset”`s in a different shell; wereas the wireless variety utilizes last gen technology sported even by the lowly GC Wireless controller dubbed “Wavebird”. This is a quote from the Xbox360 Website: “The headset utilizes the same 2.4 GHz radio technology employed by the award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for clear communications within a range of up to 30 feet.”. Something that is considered so outdated cannot possiblly be considered as competition for something that utilizes Up-to-date Blutooth technology so please; do the research before you press the submit button, or someone might just prove you wrong.

chaosgrid said:

October 3rd, 8:36 am

I’m with Elsa43 on this one.

balcom said:

October 3rd, 9:47 am

thanks for making this video! I seriously can’t wait for this headset.

the6one said:

October 3rd, 11:18 am

the6one……

PS4 needs to be just like be PS2! It doesn’t need to be a carbon copy of PS2 but rather it should incorporate everything that made the PS2 a hit and the best selling console with over 140 million plus in sales. Secondly, PS4 needs to scream fun and adventure as opposed to being superior and technologically advanced. PS3 is a great console and should do well over its 10-year life-cyle but PS4 will and should serve mainly and at this point only as a games console with our brand of computer entertainment. Playstation brand controls have proven the test of time but now it is time for something new, different, and innovative from SCEI. I believe in PS4 and that the system should strategically launch sometime in late 2010. If not 2010, definetly in Spring 2011. Let’s beat the beast Microsoft to market. As for as current plans, continue to produce both 1st party and third party on the PS3 as well progressing through our online strategy for HOme, LBP, and other MMO’s. PS4 should not be an evolution but rather a separation from PS3. It should be more user-frienldy and less tech savvy. Hope everything goes well with the development of the new platform of Playstation brand of the future Signing off…..

the6one……

Hummer3man said:

October 3rd, 12:46 pm

socom on PSN will cost $40.00 plus tax. the reason why the headset stand alone is 50.00 is becuase they want you to by socom.

babybluedb said:

October 3rd, 3:09 pm

looking forward to the Socmon Confataion game and headset ……………wait i need money runs to nearest ATM

ladantia said:

October 3rd, 5:06 pm

what happen to resistance 2 beta 4 qore it was to been came out

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

October 3rd, 5:50 pm

Any idea how much it will be as a standalone product?

FLYINGSWIMMER said:

October 3rd, 6:32 pm

I am waiting for SOCOM eagerly!! Can’t wait, I have never played SOCOM, but I heared they are very good by my friend. Will defenitely buy and pay the extra $10 people are saying about it 4 both, the game and bluetooth… worth it. It looks awesome!!!