Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 17

Oct 17

Resistance 2: The Latest Trailer

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed the blitz of new info, impressions, screens and footage from Resistance 2 in the past couple of weeks. We’re hoping to continue that today, with the release of our latest trailer for the game.

As development on the game is wrapping up in here in Burbank, and the last few bugs are hunted down and squashed, we wanted to make an announcement we’re very excited about. Since Resistance: Fall of Man, one of the biggest feature requests for the game was that we implemented split-screen online play. We are happy to announce that Resistance 2 will feature 2-player split-screen play for both competitive play as well as our 8-player online co-op campaign! Now you won’t have to stop leveling up your medic just because your friend is over!

R2 - Canted Hybrid R2 - Ship Hale Chamber

In addition – we recently announced the contents of our collector’s edition. Many of you wrote in asking for the bonus disc to be a Blu-Ray instead of a DVD. We can also announce that the Bonus Disc will now indeed be a Blu-Ray disc, bringing almost all of the special features to you in High-Definition.

We are excited to play you guys online during the public beta in the coming weeks, as well as when the game releases on November 4th.

If you have questions or comments, please post below. Bryan Intihar and I will be around to answer!

Add Your Own

Sackboom said:

October 17th, 3:45 pm

I applied to the beta trial like 3 weeks ago on the official myresistance beta website…could you please tell us when we should expect emails (for those who got accepted) ?

EViD said:

October 17th, 3:45 pm

OMG. Thanks A LOT. Split-screen is an under-estimated feature by most developers and I’m glad you guys came through with it.

thaunfortunate said:

October 17th, 3:46 pm

i preordered in sept. got my beta card from gamestop in october registered before the 9th and still no beta code whats going on?

killerbread said:

October 17th, 3:52 pm

1 and final question is it going to LAG because if it is alot of people will not buy it or is it like resistance fall of man with no lag and the headset support better be as good and good job on the game and on RFOM well done.

johndabeast said:

October 17th, 3:54 pm

Hey James. .

When will those servers be back online?

Also, are you playing the Public Beta?

Thanks,

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 17th, 4:31 pm

I will be, though I also want to play my copy of LittleBigPlanet and Dead Space this weekend!

nxp3 said:

October 17th, 3:59 pm

Although I’m not a huge fan of FPS I do play it sometimes and I have resistance 1. And this second one looks real good, I just might get it anyway.

Laozer said:

October 17th, 4:00 pm

awesome
one question is Nathan Hale being voiced by the same guy from Resistance 1?

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 17th, 4:32 pm

Yes. David Kaye, who is also the voice of Clank.

nxp3 said:

October 17th, 4:00 pm

Hey why not bundle this with the blutooth headset, I wouldn’t get socom, but this one I’s get it for sure.

Terminator_TX3 said:

October 17th, 4:04 pm

It’s confirmed these developers don’t sleep just like their name implies, Insomnia a sleeping disorder. Maybe they’re chimeras themselves, half human half something else.

This game is jam packed with value, can’t wait. The only game I can think of that will compete with this is Far Cry 2. A game where you’re in an opened world besides that any linear shooter is out of the question.

Chaos_Bladez said:

October 17th, 4:13 pm

Great intense trailer. :D
Can’t wait. :D

Don’t put any “offensive” lyrics in it please. :D

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 17th, 4:31 pm

No worries there… we avoided places of worship with this sequel as well.

Yslaire said:

October 17th, 4:13 pm

One of my most anticipated titles this fall.

Can’t wait !

MassaBR said:

October 17th, 4:25 pm

That was a pretty major spoiler at the end of this new trailer. :(

40cal said:

October 17th, 4:43 pm

I still have not gotten my beta code. It said I had a “GUARANTEED” spot for pre ordering and redeeming the code from GameStop.

So where is my e-mail? PSN ID jimmy903.

I am excited about the split screen though thanks.

Also all these I’m not going to buy LBP comments are just plain silly. The game is going to be great without the music track. I think that Sony did the right thing in recalling the game. Just because the content dose not offend you dose not mean that other might not be offended. I guess that we will just have to wait another week or so.

snazzyboy18 said:

October 17th, 4:57 pm

This is the best trailor yet. it reaally shows how good the graphics are.

40cal said:

October 17th, 5:01 pm

Wow, that trailer was awesome.

IceBow said:

October 17th, 5:03 pm

Bryan and James, you have to help me!!!
Does the Resistance 2 Online Co-op include the ability for two local players to compete against the other potential 58 online players? I know the Co-op online Campaign does. If so, will each local player be able to login to his own PSN account?

Please answer this for me because I am dying to find out!!!!

PSN: lceBow (the first letter is an L)

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

October 17th, 5:57 pm

Yes… Competitive does as well.

IceBow said:

October 17th, 5:05 pm

Sorry about the previous post, I accidentally skipped that paragraph in the description. ;-)

saintfighteraqua said:

October 17th, 5:06 pm

That’s awesome. Every collectorts addition should stop using DVD and go Blu Ray!

owenlnix said:

October 17th, 5:06 pm

Insomniac make GREAT games. Hope it blows the doors off that g*#rs of w*r 2 game.

40cal said:

October 17th, 5:08 pm

Ok, Watched the trailer again. Can you give us some details on the clokeing Chimera?

I don’t think that I spelled that right. :)

Protopet said:

October 17th, 5:19 pm

Can you guys put in a feature that would allow us to join a friend’s game or give friends invites to games.
The party system is really good though.

I tried the split-screen but noticed that it didn’t take up the entire screen width wise. Can you guys fix that as well.

One more thing, can you guys detail the classes more in co-op.

Protopet said:

October 17th, 5:23 pm

^
“Join game” like Warhawk.

Also, sometimes when I tried to join a game that wasn’t full it would tell me that it was full. It happened when it was close to capacity and sometimes when only a few people were in the game.

thor said:

October 17th, 5:33 pm

The one feature I was waiting for – online split screen. You guys have seriously put this game as one of the best shooters EVER just with this announcement. I’m so hyped for this now – well done :)

erdie said:

October 17th, 6:18 pm

I look forward to shooting all of you, you know, in a good way!

Profetik said:

October 17th, 6:24 pm

Anyone wanna trade a COD WaW code for resistance 2? Email me at represenativeofchrist@hotmail.com

Profetik said:

October 17th, 6:24 pm

Cause i got COD WaW code i’m not gonna use

CTG said:

October 17th, 6:26 pm

For the 4th time…

IF YOU PRE-ORDERED AT GAMESTOP, GO TO GAMESTOP AND ASK THEM FOR THE BETA KEY. THEY HAVE THEM.

olivehehe_03 said:

October 17th, 6:29 pm

2 Player splitscreen online modes sound great but I got a few questions. First, no more 4 player offline? That was great fun to do with a couple of friends and a 42″ HDTV. I’m assuming technical restrictions to be the main reason that was taken out.

Second, how much of an impact is there on the visual quality playing splitscreen? To be honest I don’t really care about this at all but I’m sure others will and I’m curious to see how well you were able to exploit the power of the PS3 to esentially do everything twice.

Last thing, will splitscreen online be handled in the same was as Warhawk? That is, will a server have to have splitscreen enabled for you to be able to bring a friend? And will you be able to play ranked servers and get xp, rank and stats while a friend is playing? (same as warhawk again there)

All up, been holding off on this until there was a bit more info regarding offline/splitscreen multi but the 2 player online just might have done it for me :D

Krispow said:

October 17th, 6:35 pm

Just an quick update for those of you who received your PREMIERE OPEN BETA ACCESS voucher from GameStop, inputted your code via http://register.myresistance.net and still haven’t received you final PSN access code…

It looks like the problem(s) have been resolved — an email with my final PSN code arrived at. 4:20 pm Pacific Time! (Woohoo!)

It figures…

It arrived JUST as I had finished typing up a novella-length discourse regarding my frustration in attempting to resolve this problem directly with Customer Service (as recommended by Mr. Stevenson and several other folks).

Let’s just say that it was not a pleasant experience. Not at all… *shudder*

Just for the record, here’s the edited down “short version:”

When I first called Sony Customer Service, I was on hold for ~20 mins… and then promptly disconnected. *Hmph*

Let’s try again. I was on hold for ~20 mins… suffering once more through a scary combination of elevator music interspersed with PSN store advertisements. Though I was successful at reaching a Customer Service Rep this time, I had no similar luck regarding a resolution.

After explaining the reason for my call in detail, I heard nothing but silence. The CS Rep (“Nicole”) didn’t have the slightest clue what I was talking about except to say that she was unaware of ANY beta programs currently running (Really? I’m in three of them…) and didn’t understand my problem.*SIGH* Futher attempts at an explanation were futile, as was my endeavor to speak with someone else possibly more familiar with beta code problems, or to be transferred to another department.

Since my problem was obviously not a “technical issue” (wha…?!?!?), Customer Service was unable to assist me with whatever it was I am having a problem with. Instead, I was told to send an email through website support over at (“Got a pen…?”) http://www.us.playstation.com/support (direct link to the actual mail form page is http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php). I was instructed to explain the problem, and to make sure to include my PSN ID and email. The “website” would researh the problem and get back to me with an answer sometimes within the week. Great.

Anyway folks, that’s the deal.

Thankfully, it appears that somebody has worked the kinks out of the GameStop myresistence.net coding database, and emails ARE being sent out. (And since Sony’s demail server died for a while this afternoon, it no doubt slowed the process up.) If you still haven’t received your code in the next day or so, my recommendation would be to go directly to the email form and avoid the phone call. You’ll not only save yourself a LOAD of aggrevation, but you’ll like get a response from a knowledgable real tech support person.

Thanks to everyone for letting me vent.

Thanks to James and Insomniac for RESISTANCE 2, not to mention awesome game series like RATCHET & CLANK, JAK AND DAXTER, and the original SPYRO… and one of my faves, DISRUPTOR!

And thanks to the mysterious unnamed entity that got my R2 PSN code sent on its merry way to my email box!

Regards all!

mclaren777 said:

October 17th, 6:46 pm

Cliff notes version: I’m a Qore subscriber who hasn’t received his access code yet.

Longer version: I’ve been an annual Qore subscriber since the beginning and I also signed up for the Resistance 2 beta separately on Insomniac’s site, yet I still haven’t received my code yet. I know you’re probably getting swamped with similar tales but I’m just a little concerned now because the exact same thing happened with the SOCOM beta (after two weeks of waiting I finally had to e-mail Sony to get my code).

So I’m just hoping that I won’t have to wait too long to finally get access to R2. ;)

Luke Longnecker
PSN: mclaren777
mclaren777@gmail.com

BZKlint said:

October 17th, 6:51 pm

@ James Stevenson in response to #162

Then what about the Manchester Cathedrial controversy in R1?

j/k :P

gold5225 said:

October 17th, 8:17 pm

@ LittleBigPlanet Release Update Post

Im Pissed Sony I am gonna UGHF????????!!!! COme on i preordered this game the game i look forward to the most sqrew the Q Ran i wanna play little big planet i dont care about any religion what about freedom of religion and freedom of speech i wanna here thoose words keep it in the game and oh yeah

Resistance 2 is gonna rock :)

Profetik said:

October 17th, 8:27 pm

Yes i finally got a code, thank The Lord!

40cal said:

October 17th, 8:44 pm

Oh yeah. Got my code. Here I come. :) :) :)

Patton15 said:

October 17th, 9:22 pm

Will the finished game have the option to zoom similar to Fall of Man, where pressing the button once zooms in and pressing it again (or sprinting) zooms back out?

Bender Rodriguez said:

October 17th, 9:39 pm

Awesome feature with the split screen competitive and co-op. Can the co-op trophies be achieved through the split screen co-op?

ChocolatePacman said:

October 17th, 9:59 pm

So James,

Are the guys at Imsomniac going to go on a much deserved vacation now? or, are you going to jump right into something new. If its the new thing………thank you.

lou04 said:

October 17th, 10:07 pm

this game loks sweet you guys need to put this on commershiels so the xbox fags can see it

sulack said:

October 17th, 10:10 pm

May I ask if 4 player splitscreen on co-op or online will ever come.. I usually have 3 or 4 friends over and we are getting sick of rockband

Krispow said:

October 17th, 10:26 pm

update of #181:

Whoops, talk about a brainfart on my message. Can’t believe I thanked James and Insomniac for JAK AND DAXTER when it was actually a Naughty Dog game.

Darn old brain connections!

But then again, Insomniac and Naughty Dog are both great companies so please take it as incredible praise.

Plus I still secretly think their both parts of a single larger unnamed company since they both used to occupy the same building at Universal, game demos kept appearing on the other company’s games, plus the little hidden secrets that appear in their games referencing the other’s characters and such. It’s a conspiracy of MASSIVE proportions….

…or not.

MassaBR said:

October 17th, 10:51 pm

@164:

I’m sorry jstevenson, I was just too sensitive about it. I guess this was actually expected since Hale’s monologue in the first teaser you guys showed in April.

Damn, I want this game so badly. I tried to go on a media blackout, but with every new footage you guys show being so awesome it’s just hard to resist. :)

Btw, when is the next Full Moon episode? I miss it already.

DragonWraith said:

October 17th, 11:59 pm

I just to ask [this is BlueDragoon0 from myresistance.net]. But how are you guys going to fix and patch the bugs or everything when:

-The game has already gone gold for certain people.
-And two, the game is releasing so soon?

the_icon said:

October 18th, 1:28 am

First of all, thanks James for supporting many of our answers. Just 1 question though:

It is possible for a patch to enable in-game XMB music? I mean I usually listen to metal when I play games online in the “other” console. It really makes me a better player.

Execta said:

October 18th, 1:53 am

Oh my God, thank you so freakin’ much !!!

This is really one of the coolest features that can be in a game. To play online with your friend on a same coach. And you can do this with 58 other online players on a same server. And as a cherry at the top, with six other players in the awesome-looking co-op.

I’m really waiting for this game and really excited about this, since hearing these news. Just epic, thank you for adding this feature!

DTS MAN said:

October 18th, 2:22 am

As I have said before if this game was a third person i really do think this could have been the ultimate game ever.

Can third person and first person views co exist in one game? It would be so cool if so.

DTS MAN

Trat said:

October 18th, 3:32 am

Since Sony locked the comments for the LBP delay I’m expressing myself here:

Absurd religion. If people feel offende by a song in a game I would advise them not to buy / play it. That way they won’t get offended.

SignOfZodiac said:

October 18th, 4:01 am

Don’t be fool by the pretty trailers.. I am playing the beta now (NOT IMPRESS AT ALL)it doesn’t equal up to the first one. Grapics is a joke and gameplay is unreal feels like a RPG not a FPS.. I hope the storymode doesn’t look or play like this. Rent before buying..

guitain said:

October 18th, 4:15 am

So, no offline competitive? … That does mean, that I won’t be able to play Resistance 2 with my friends on only one TV, right? … Because if it does, then that really sucks.

I didn’t really play that much online, and offline was one of the great things about Resistance:FOM. At the time, there were essentially NO games, where you could play splitscreen… Except for Resistance! And we loved that! … Seems like you and MotorStorm have switched places ='(

Please tell me, you’ll at least consider putting Splitscreen Competitive into a patch!

Execta said:

October 18th, 4:49 am

guitain, there is offline competitive, for four players. Like in Resistance: Fall of Man. Check out, Wikipedia’s article of Resistance 2.

muzzar said:

October 18th, 6:37 am

hey does anyone know when this is going to be out in australia all i can find is the US date of november the 4th i hope we dont have to wait an extra month for this like we have to with all the other games