Marvel's Spider-Man

Oct 21

Oct 21

PSP (PlayStation Portable) v5.01 Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

PSP firmware update 5.00 added direct access to the PlayStation Store, and we’ve since found an issue related to larger-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duos, which we’ll be addressing with a new update (5.01). When downloading content from the Store to a PSP with an 8 GB or 16 GB Memory Stick Duo media inserted, you may see a message indicating that the media does not have enough free space, even when sufficient space exists. Update 5.01 resolves this issue and will be coming soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Darkemist said:

October 22nd, 12:48 pm

PSN Friendslist on my PSP would mean I would never put it down!!!!

Sean McGeezer said:

October 22nd, 12:53 pm

I mentioned having this problem earlier, but it was on a 1gb memstick, so hopefully this fixes that too, thanks

APVangeliLHS said:

October 22nd, 1:06 pm

You can actually have a 32 gb memory stick I believe, if you get the dual micro-sd to memory stick adapter, and two sub-$100 16gb micro sd cards, then you have a not that expensive 32gb memory stick. It is expensive, but not is you were to buy two 16gb memory sticks, and it is convenient.

Heres the dual micro sd to memory stick adapter:

And heres the sub-$100 micro sd:

That’s a pretty good priced 32gb psp, it costs a lot less than, for example, a 32gb media player, like the ipod touch or that creative zen.

I might do that.

Sig-gotyouth said:

October 22nd, 1:47 pm

Please fix one feature that is broken on the PS3. It seems small but does effect my overall entertainment experience. Since the latest PS3 firmware update when I watch a video on my HDD or via a DLNA server I cant bring up the XMB to check my messages or view the rest of my library without pausing the content I am viewing. Before it was uninterupted with the XMB able to be browsed over my content. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS. It’s Driving Me Mad!!!!!!!!

sparkyguy10 said:

October 22nd, 3:16 pm

I wonder if they can add something like yahoo messenger to the next update

sparkyguy10 said:

October 22nd, 3:19 pm

or something that lets you connect to you wireless computer so you don’t need a USB cable

sparkyguy10 said:

October 22nd, 3:21 pm

I ment to say from your computer to your PSP

DTX said:

October 22nd, 10:14 pm

Finally got it going, thanks Eric!

VenomJL76 said:

October 23rd, 8:26 am

How about updating the browser? doesn’t do any good online when something like 90 percent of sites don’t recognize older browsers. also who do i have to ask to get some more good PS1 titles converted ?

BigBossX said:

October 23rd, 3:36 pm

It happens with a 2GB too.

dariena said:

October 25th, 6:05 am

Eric all the constant updating to the PSP is great… but why for the love of god in the year 2008 is the PSP still restricted to wireless b only?!?!?

livrobo said:

October 27th, 2:31 pm

I was kind of hoping that the firmware 500 wood have an ad hoc messinger.
But the psn is still good.

sparkyguy10 said:

October 27th, 5:53 pm

kinda like I said

sparkyguy10 said:

October 27th, 5:59 pm

you know they do have I-fi it is a wireless DS card it downloads any file on it to your network

sparkyguy10 said:

October 28th, 5:48 pm

do you think you can make something like a USB network adapter that works as a router and works for PS3,PSP

sparkyguy10 said:

October 28th, 5:50 pm

or something that tells you there is a new update for PSP,PS3 like a popup that tells you

PocketGoddess said:

November 5th, 12:21 pm

Has anyone else had a problem with the latest firmware breaking import games? The latest DJ Portable Max won’t play on my PSP 2000 w/ firmware 5.01, but WILL play on a PSP 2000 with 4.05 firmware!

PAGE 1 2 3