Overwatch

Oct 24

Oct 24

Important Resistance 2 Beta Dates

Bryan Intihar's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Insomniac Games

With the Resistance 2 public beta now in full swing, we wanted to make you aware of a few important dates for those in North America.

• The open application process will close today at 4 p.m. PDT. If you haven’t applied yet, head to http://beta.myresistance.net/apply.
  • Today is not your last chance! Much like with the LittleBigPlanet beta, USA Today will be distributing (hundreds of) codes on their site beginning next Tuesday.
  • The download servers will shut down on Wednesday, October 29 at 5 p.m. PDT. What’s that mean exactly? You won’t be able to download the beta after this date.
  • We’ll be shutting down the beta servers on Thursday, October 30 at 11:59 p.m PDT. After that, you’ll need a retail copy of R2 to continue playing this first-person shooter.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Mana Knight said:

October 24th, 2:47 pm

I just played co-op with friends and it was a blast. I absolutely can’t wait and thanks for sharing the dates. :D

SpiderBoy36 said:

October 24th, 2:52 pm

Cool! I cannot wait for this game, the beta was awesome!

illegalprelude said:

October 24th, 2:53 pm

Just wanted to say to the Insomniac team that the Beta is so much fun. Im still providing as much as feedback as I can but im looking forward to the launch even more now

SteveLV702 said:

October 24th, 2:53 pm

ah man that stinks so I have to go Oct 31 – Nov 6th without being able to get my R2 Game on.

Masterted11 said:

October 24th, 2:55 pm

This is the info I was looking 4 yesterday…

Awesome game

PSN add me: MassterTed

PSYCHO-MAGNET said:

October 24th, 2:56 pm

I have an day 1 annual Qore subscription and have yet to receive my invite. Any information on that. and have already tried the resistance site a while ago.

PSN PSYCHO-MAGNET

FritoZ said:

October 24th, 3:03 pm

whoa, i think the blog just flushed!

all comments gone?

must’ve been a glitch!

Jeigh said:

October 24th, 3:05 pm

Where do I send comments as to the Beta? Specifically, I can’t join or create any online games. Basically all I can do is play offline cooperative games with… well, my family doesn’t seem to motivated, so myself. >:( Don’t get me wrong, as the medic I do alright, but not well enough to get a significant portion of the experience. Also, the giant steelhead (in offline co-op) doesn’t seem to respond to fire unless you’re out in the open.

Voozi said:

October 24th, 3:05 pm

Hey Bryan, where’s my Qore Annual Subscriber beta code, 2 weeks later…still waiting..contacting customer support and they weren’t helpful…

Glad to know I paid for a service that doesn’t hold true to it’s promises ^_^

stennex said:

October 24th, 3:06 pm

Playing the beta has made me proud to be a Sony fanboy. This game is going to be awesome. Please make sure the dedicated servers are in abundance and ready on day one. Thank you Sony.

Munkeh111 said:

October 24th, 3:07 pm

What is happening in Europe?

We do not get the special edition and it is being released over 3 weeks later, can we at lest have the beta for a little longer?

Stoffinator said:

October 24th, 3:07 pm

Sounds good to me, love the co op so far.

darkiewonder said:

October 24th, 3:10 pm

lol @ 2 day beta access from USA today ;P

Rocs said:

October 24th, 3:17 pm

Signed up before and got nothing. Just signed up again.

Frylander101 said:

October 24th, 3:18 pm

=D I got mine!

jbat17 said:

October 24th, 3:29 pm

the best part of the coop is hearing grown men scream like little girls in the face of an onslaught of chimeras.. hilarious.

hey bryan, 2 questions:
– how many coop maps are there?
– will there be more types of objectives in skirmish? it would be fun if there’s a capture the flag objective and something like first squad to get 15 kills of members of the rival squad.

Fersis said:

October 24th, 3:32 pm

I love this game

shooter0784 said:

October 24th, 3:34 pm

still didnt get qore code

Squamden said:

October 24th, 3:35 pm

I subscribed to Qore in August and I STILL have not received a code? What’s the holdup guys?

MNWestStudent said:

October 24th, 3:36 pm

I actually received the code for it yesterday. I downloaded it today but didn’t have time to play it much. Graphics look pretty neat though. =)

mega_dranix said:

October 24th, 3:36 pm

Anyone not being able to download the 1.03 patch? Every time I try to download it I get signed out of PSN then I get a “An error occurred during the download operation (80710092). I tried switching from wireless to wired but I can’t download the update!

shooter0784 said:

October 24th, 3:38 pm

glad i didnt shell out the what 25 bucks for a year of waiting

TALONTSx said:

October 24th, 3:43 pm

Qore Annual Subscriber here…since Qore launched, and I still haven’t recieved my beta code yet. My brother got in, and all he did was sign up for the beta on the “beta signup” page. What gives? I really want to try this game, R1 was excellent, and played it probably for the greater part of a year!

TALONTSx said:

October 24th, 3:45 pm

By the way Insomniac…if you’re listening, PSN ID is TALONTSx, or TALONTSxII for my other PS3.

hijaker77 said:

October 24th, 3:47 pm

YAY… now waiting for e-mail :)

vandam said:

October 24th, 3:57 pm

Hey bryan, thanks for the update hope to see you online in R2……

Shqype said:

October 24th, 4:01 pm

The Beta is absolutely excellent. It’s a blast to play, and my brother and I have been enjoying it greatly. I’m eagerly anticipating Resistance 2’s release!

One thing I hope for is for two profiles to be allowed simultaneous play. Whenever my brother plays as the second player, none of his experience carries over once we reset the game; allowing two PSN IDs at the same time would fix this problem, and improve an already magnificent game.

the_icon said:

October 24th, 4:07 pm

Please allow in-game music!

JamesL007 said:

October 24th, 4:10 pm

Hats off to Insomniac games for this game. It was a thrill being in the private beta big time. Online Co-op is to die for too. Such a great addition to a great game.

-James

mdo7 said:

October 24th, 4:21 pm

I just got my email and I got into the beta. Just downloaded the beta, I’m going to check it out (still installing). This is so freakin cool for Insomniac game.

Flame Alchemist said:

October 24th, 4:27 pm

What!?!?!?!

I just got into the Beta yesterday, and with my crappy download speed, the beta may not download by the time the deadline comes (lol)

kingxtreme81 said:

October 24th, 4:30 pm

I didn’t even get my beta code, despite being an annual subscriber to Qore since the day it was available.

Thanks for the shaft, Sony and/or Insomniac.

Anyway, don’t mean to sound [DELETED], I’m just annoyed that I was left out when I was supposed to be guaranteed entry.

Can’t wait for Resistance 2. I’m sure I’ll love it even more then the first.

X7TIGER said:

October 24th, 4:36 pm

[DELETED] when was this posted???? I checked here for the beta around 5:00 PM CST and now its 6:30 CST AND ITS NOW CLOSED!!!!

nooooooooooooooooooo!

Netweb said:

October 24th, 4:38 pm

The servers system is kind lame.. but 60 guys on a map is pretty awsowme

Some textures can be more beautifull too

ftwrthtx said:

October 24th, 4:38 pm

I love the game and the co-op

X7TIGER said:

October 24th, 4:38 pm

watttt!!!!!

When was this posted?? I checked for the beta around 5:00 PM CST and nothing was here and now its 6:30 PM CST and the beta is closed!!!

schwaa said:

October 24th, 4:50 pm

This beta is freaking great. The coop is amazing…you guys deserve props for this, and I hope every review site gives it to you. I absolutely cannot wait to check out campaign mode and also see some of the other coop maps. Insomniac comes through again…thanks!

hijaker77 said:

October 24th, 4:54 pm

didn’t get into beta.. no e-mail yet :(

acerazer1 said:

October 24th, 4:54 pm

Thanks for the important dates, and the code guys!!!!!

lakaihigh said:

October 24th, 4:58 pm

beta is broken for me! I don’t know why but after playing 1 round in Chicago for about 5 minutes it boots me out and disconnects from the network… no clue. please help. thank you.

peace,
Lh

kdarkone said:

October 24th, 5:05 pm

my birthday is oct 30th so im cool with it so far the Beta is great not too much lagg, but it does disconnect i little to often
I’ve only tried coop but i like it a lot..lot more intence that “Fall of man but, still great just the same..scoring system seems to be on point.. target zoom works like a dream… Ai , off the chain you gotta stay on guard at all times … the Health from the medics is a cool idea and having to have an ammo guy on the team make it easier to stay with the game.. you guys are doing a great job so far keep it up.. and it might be a good idea to beef up the servers because when this one comes out their gonna crash like crazy if thier not ready
Thanx again for the code it made a great birthday preasent and that’s why I only play PLAYSTATION…nor other choice neede I’m at level 4 now and moving up.. you guys do the same

THATPSPGUY said:

October 24th, 5:11 pm

I was kinda excited for this beta, even though I am not a big fan of fps’s. But that has been dashed now. You see all kinds of people in the forums said they would hook me up with a beta code if I got them in Socom Beta. I hooked up 40 people on that one and not one has come forth and even said anything. A bunch just secretly left my list while I slept. I just would like to try for a day to see if it REALLY IS DIFFERENT than all the rest. But alas I’m not going to buy into the hype like I did for LBP beta Keys. I did manage to hook up 14 people with that also. If I get one fine. I signed up ages ago but still no word.

I might rent it.

P_tear_griffin said:

October 24th, 5:19 pm

will stats carry over to the retail game?

PsychoEddie said:

October 24th, 5:35 pm

Even with all the server ups and downs, the general connection issues and highly questionable scheme of only getting health and ammo from other players in co-op; this game is more fun than should be allowed by law. Unlike a certain /6 game that even my cinder block gnawing dog won’t touch.

C-h-a-o-s said:

October 24th, 5:50 pm

READ ME:

Very important, you guys need to release this already. I honestly can’t wait until November 4th, it’s only the 24th. Socom isn’t fulfilling my Resistance void.

face2007 said:

October 24th, 5:58 pm

I purchased Qore and still never received a code why?

shooter0784 said:

October 24th, 6:04 pm

its messed up that people that didnt buy qore are now gettin in ahead of people that did by goin to Free register sites

kinda funny……and really F’ed up no Seriously F’d up

ottawarules said:

October 24th, 6:21 pm

just received my code and it does not work who can help

minestrone11 said:

October 24th, 6:23 pm

The beta’s delivered so far. So happy I preordered the game.

SeventhAxes said:

October 24th, 6:39 pm

I signed up 3 times for the beta and pre-ordered, I guess I should have taken my luck with Qore, also!

Ah well, I know I’ll be getting this game anyway.

PAGE 1 2