Final Fantasy XV

Nov 07

Nov 07

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Season 1
  • Intervention, Season 4
  • It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 4
  • Pushing Daisies, Season 2
  • Smallville, Season 8
  • Solty Rei, Season 1
  • Squidbillies, Season 3
  • The First 48, Season 7
  • The Secret Saturdays, Season 1
  • The Unit, Season 4

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• Action Jackson

Add Your Own

feedDUNK_All said:

November 7th, 6:11 am

Good stuff!

Jeigh said:

November 7th, 6:16 am

That’s one hell of an update. Still, I won’t be using this thing until I can grab bundles of TV show seasons. (Also, completing the seasons would be nice. There always seems to be one episode that is conspicuously absent.)

Thanks. :D

arkangel220 said:

November 7th, 6:32 am

no jurassic park? oh well this update is awesome

gtabmx said:

November 7th, 6:34 am

Wow, what an update. I am definitely going to be making some purchases this week- oh… oh so this is still not available in Canada (or the rest of the world)? Oh well, looks like I’ll have to download what I would have gladly paid for… If only there was some way Sony could capitalize on this market. I wonder how they could do it… :/

liamrabey said:

November 7th, 7:06 am

Any idea when this service might be released in Europe?

keidalgrim said:

November 7th, 7:06 am

Thinking about buying a PS3 this December. But as of now, it’s strictly for the blu-ray functionality. I’d like to use the store but won’t even consider it until HD downloads are available.

Is there an eta for this?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernadez said:

November 14th, 3:03 pm

Hi Keidalgrim- Movie and TV Shows are available for download in HD on the video store. Hope that helps you out.

EvoAnubis said:

November 7th, 7:09 am

It pleases me to see the first two Saw movies in the top ten.

SuperSonic1305 said:

November 7th, 7:14 am

Love Guru in first when it’s primarily for a Canadian audience. Hint Hint.

kspraydad said:

November 7th, 7:16 am

Still no word on SONY and the licensing/copy/backup issues?

Eight weeks of silence from Grace.

I can not recommend that anyone ever PURCHASE content that they can’t back up and SONY won’t even replace due to THEIR negligence (ie. firmware breaking your PS3).

1/5

enrichovega said:

November 7th, 7:19 am

WOW…that’s a beefy update & early too!

I still would like to see more animae added (Transformers G1,StarBlazers,and Freekazoid). Also please allow for full season dloads at a discounted price compared to individual eps.

ftwrthtx said:

November 7th, 7:37 am

Thanks for the info

zeke2040 said:

November 7th, 7:49 am

yahoo! another great update of movies… shesh! i need to put more space on my ps3… i already have about 200 movies..lol

lakaihigh said:

November 7th, 7:55 am

I think it would be awesome for you guys to upload all the movies based off the books of the late Michael Chrichton. theres so many you could put them in their own section!

peace,
Lh

Nymo said:

November 7th, 8:03 am

yay! More Disney animated movies!
namely, The Emperor’s New Groove and, of course, Lilo and Stitch!
Not to mention Pushing Daisies!

Another great video update this week!

General_Lee86 said:

November 7th, 8:18 am

I love the playstation 3 and have had every single playstation since the very very first one but back to my question about the Home invites for Qore annual subscribers which I am and have been since a while before 10/29/08 and was wondering how you will be going about delivering these invites over the next few weeks? Will you be sending them out little by little everyday or once a week or every other day? I am a Very curious fan! Thanks A Whole bunch!

blkant said:

November 7th, 8:35 am

Thank you for bringing Xam’d back :D, now to fix your policy and add futurama! :D

FritoZ said:

November 7th, 8:43 am

Grace!

I really wanna try out the PsVideo store, but until you revise the atrocious rental/buying strategy , (i.e. only one download of a purchased item, only being to view it once before the 24 hour countdown starts..)

so let us rent and keep em for a week, and let us watch em as many times as we want, in case we have to stop viewing it for whatever reason..

maybe even just charge a flat $20 per month for unlimited downloads/viewings!

the new xbox experience is going to let all 360 owners who have a netflix account stream em in HD for a low monthly rate..

cmon! be competitive! make us WANT to rent!

and until you can transfer a bought movie to another location or download it again if we have reformatted our PS3’s, buying a movie from the PSVideo Store is useless!

PLEASE LISTEN!!! I’m only trying to help!

peace

Money1 said:

November 7th, 8:53 am

BIGGEST NEwS HERe….atleast for me….XAM’D IS BACK!! I was wwondering now that season 1is over, can you sell season 1 all bundled up in hd please…i’d buy

SDkngsht said:

November 7th, 9:13 am

jesus that’s a lot of movies. you guys are adding a lot of selection. very good deal.

one request though…would it be possible to look up movies by the newest releases, not newest to the PSN but newest as most recently released on dvd/from theatres/etc. that would be a huge help. thanks.

SDkngsht said:

November 7th, 9:15 am

and ditto what #19 said. i really wanted to watch it when X’amd first dropped but i don’t want to rent one view of a show for that amount. just doesn’t add up.

but i would definitely buy the episode or season if i could keep it. not to mention it would give me a true test of my psp 3000! i bet it would look incredible on that screen.

StalkingSilence said:

November 7th, 9:31 am

Bought my first item from the PS Store the other day (Beerfest). Pretty impressed with the quality. Will be transferring to my PSP. Now let’s work on those prices!

FrankieViturello said:

November 7th, 9:34 am

PSN needs episodes of Mad Men Season 2!!!

Please?

AwRy108 said:

November 7th, 10:09 am

No ability to re-download content = NO PURCHASES FROM ME. EVER.

smokey_vols said:

November 7th, 10:35 am

Great update. I’m loving the Westerns! Thanks for Pure Country.

mihabt said:

November 7th, 11:59 am

To the PS3 Video Content Management Team. I believe the store will be Much Better off if they updated their business model to a subscription based one AKA Netflix. In my point of view this is the ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE the competition from Netflix, Blockbuster and Regular Cable Payperview. Pay $10 – $30 monthly and accordingly have from 1 – 8 non-expiring videos on your PS3 / PSP with a limit on the concurrent number of videos i.e. $10 allows for 1 video at a time, upto 4 times a month ..etc. Otherwise for God’s sake, who has any sanity and would pay $5 for an SD video download that likely he can get from 10 other sources including his local cable… Wake up and smell the coffee guys before it’s too late. And you better get Netflix and / or Blockbuster to broadcast through the PS3 before you loose this entire market segment and piss-off your loyal fans…

senjutsu_dav said:

November 7th, 12:24 pm

Canada?

schwaa said:

November 7th, 12:34 pm

I see the usual group of crybabies is here.

I hear you guys on the subscription idea. It’s got solid gold written all over it.

Some Guy said:

November 7th, 12:51 pm

I really want to utilize this store to rent movies and TV shows and things like that but I need subtitles because I’m hard of hearing. Is there any plan to start adding subtitles to the content added to the store? It’s like a slap in the face that you even have a subtitles field in the video information.

outkast32 said:

November 7th, 2:19 pm

SMALLVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB

pick-e said:

November 7th, 3:56 pm

@Grace

When will the anime series be better sorted? Very few of them have a “second season” so it would be nice if you could eliminate the extra click needed to view series with only one season.

Also, couly you please get “The Truman Show” up sometime soon? Been itching to see this movie lately and I’d rent it from you day one!

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernadez said:

November 14th, 3:12 pm

Hi pick-e- Good suggestion, because of you we made that change yesterday. Thanks!

Juniorcortorreal said:

November 7th, 5:35 pm

thanks for the update grace!
any news on when The Video Store And PSN cards are going to be available in CANADA?

pauls21 said:

November 7th, 6:26 pm

Awesome update…
Deja Vu, Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige and all the Star Treks definitely deserve another watch…
Thanks for the update…

Nay-nay said:

November 7th, 11:14 pm

I say we straight up boycott PSN video content! Its a ripoff anyway at this point. Seriously the movies are bare bones no extra content, not even subtitles. Obviously the don’t want to talk about it with us, so its time for some action.

loadstone007 said:

November 8th, 2:41 am

This looks like fun, what about other regions in the world???

BlueViper said:

November 8th, 7:01 am

Seems like a lot of good content to me, but if it is expensive it’s probably not worth it. Better than not having it like us in Europe anyways. Doesnt have South Park yet though, not such a big miss then.

firehahahahahaha said:

November 8th, 8:31 am

Wow you guys sure have been working hard on getting this updated. Does the 360 update it’s movies this fast too?

I’d probably rent a few if I had better internet, but it’s still an awesome deal. Although I do agree with some people about buying series at discounted prices and some of the other ideas I’ve seen above. Keep up the good work Sony :).

NissanFlyboy. said:

November 8th, 8:55 am

Pushing Daisies FTW!

icechai said:

November 8th, 10:04 am

please get previews/trailers for those videos on the store!

Sinister13 said:

November 10th, 1:07 pm

Smallville? Awesome. I hope its the blueray 1080p version.

Korlithiel said:

November 11th, 12:43 pm

So when do we get to start downloading these straight to our PSP’s?

dickhall1 said:

November 12th, 1:54 pm

I’m a new user of Playstation Store. And an idiot, I guess. When I access the store, I find nothing but movie trailers to download. Where and how do I find the full lenght movie downloads? Help…

Grace Chen's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

November 12th, 5:01 pm

Upper left button next to Game \”Video\”; that\’s where you can find the latest in PSN Movies & TV Shows.

dickhall1 said:

November 12th, 5:25 pm

Ro, thanks for your answer. Well, Im not an idiot. I don’t have an upper left button that reads or shows shows “games” or “video”. I downloaded the latest system date yesterday. My screen reads from the far left, top to bottom, “New Releases”, below that, “Downloadable Games”, below that,”View All by title”, below, ” Demos”, below, Add-ons, below “Media”, below, “Wallpapers”, and finally on the bottom, Staff Picks. Right of that is various game titles. What’s up? I do not see the screen you are referring to. Help!

sainraja said:

November 21st, 1:05 pm

Thanks for adding Smallville Season 8! I can’t believe it. I had been asking this for a while!!!!