PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Nov 11

Nov 11

Insomniac Games Opens its Doors for Fans

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

The release of the critically lauded Resistance 2 didn’t mark the end of a journey for Insomniac Games. With a couple of fan-based events last week, the Burbank-based developers renewed their relationship with their biggest fans. Just a few days ago, Insomniac threw open their doors to the whole of Southern California, and close to 200 members of the Insomniac community took the day off work or school and trekked into the valley for a full day of gaming, autograph schwag sessions, and an inside look at how they made Resistance 2.

If you weren’t able to make it – here’s what you missed:

Earlier in the week, Resistance 2 Launch Day, the team was at the San Francisco Metreon to hook up the assembled crowd with a special price on the limited edition of R2, autographs, and even the chance to feature on the cover of the game.

r2cover

Yes, that’s a Bullseye rifle in her hands. Before midnight, SCEA presented Insomniac CEO Ted Price with a detailed replica of the Mark I rifle, complete with laser scope and removable cartridge. No Chimeran hybrids were harmed during the event.

Overall, it was a great series of events showcasing the importance of community and fan support to Insomniac’s game development. We’ll have more on the Burbank Community Day later this week, and look for an even deeper recap soon on Insomniac’s Web site.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

elorm9 said:

November 11th, 3:41 pm

Awesome! This game is great!

xaos said:

November 11th, 3:43 pm

The event was a lot of fun; I’m a little crushed that the rest of us didn’t get to hold the Bullseye for our pics, though :P When it was explained to us how much it cost, I understood why, though. The guys were all incredibly open and friendly, so kudos to them and the staff of the PS Store (who had a hella long day) for the good time they showed us all in line.

DrBingogh said:

November 11th, 3:47 pm

Burbank Day? Sign me up!

cabrito said:

November 11th, 3:51 pm

Awesome initiative from Insomniac, I hope more studios follow this open position!!

Way to go guys… I’m getting my R2 Collectors tomorrow… I’m in Brazil, you know :)

Cheers and keep it coming!

Torgo said:

November 11th, 3:52 pm

Wish I could have been there. Someday….

TheHater said:

November 11th, 3:55 pm

That cool and all, when when are the going to fix the online multiplayer for this game? The match making sucks, and the spawn points are some of the worst in any online games. that said, I love this game, and would love it even more when the fix those issues.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:39 pm

As always, we plan to continue patching the game frequently, just as we did with RFOM.

DrBingogh said:

November 11th, 3:55 pm

For some reason I thought this was coming in the future. Now I have to make that time machine go backwards…

Money1 said:

November 11th, 3:55 pm

Got the collector’s edition with my digur…would’ve so love the gun…am wiiling to pay fow it. would be awesome if a gun came included with R3 assuming one will be made

X1rtam said:

November 11th, 3:56 pm

It was very fun, glad I was able to go! :D

tirminyl said:

November 11th, 3:59 pm

So sad I couldn’t go. I even had someone ready to purchase my kidney so I could finance the trip. I guess I moved too slow. There is always a next time!

Congrats on the release of R2.

Frazz said:

November 11th, 4:01 pm

Great video , great developer.

Any chance of a trophy patch for Ratchet and clank TOD now that R2 is finished up? I’m on the verge of trading it in and trophies are the only thing holding me back right now.

ftwrthtx said:

November 11th, 4:06 pm

What was the special price?

I ended up not being able to make to to SF and just picked up my pre-order when GameStop opened.

Dann7978 said:

November 11th, 4:12 pm

This game is awesome, hey jeff i saw your name in the credits of R2.

Lord_Von_Punx said:

November 11th, 4:13 pm

Nice insomniac this is a great game and all
except for a few things that really need to
be addressed.

1.co-op split screen you guys need to either
make a 16:9 option or a vertical splitscreen

option because i for one and believe that
other players do not want screen burn from

the black bars on the side i work in a tv
shop and i pick up ,lcd,plasmas even projo’s

with screen burn all the time! needs to be fixed a.s.a.p!

2. this game is hella dark! im just at the
subway part and it says use your flashlight

to see in the dark.. hmm would be nice if the flash light was umm bright.. seems very

dim like i cant see anything unless im up very close and its not my tv cuz i can play

dead space no problem! so if you could increase the flashlight brightness

or put in a brightness adjustment option
then this game would be perfect!

seph1r0th00 said:

November 11th, 4:13 pm

Community Day at Insomniac was awesome! Thanks again to all the Insomniac people who were very friendly with everyone.

It was nice meeting you too, Jeff.

skaterricky said:

November 11th, 4:18 pm

question for Ted or someone in Insomniac could Answer it.
——————————————-
— Is there Going to be a Update for our Screen Shoots to be taken from our PS3?? —
——————————————-
Wish I had My Cover Signed… But I guess ill have to stick with my Collectors Edtion with out a Signing of Ted Prices name on it ;)

But its Nice to Know that your supporting your Fan base that well keep up the WORK :D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:41 pm

We plan many patches – and we had a feature like that for online in RFOM, so you never know.

superaktieboy said:

November 11th, 4:18 pm

that rifle :O exact replica :O but !!! OMG!!! its!!1 the !!11!! Bullseye!!1!11!1 OMG!!!!

when and where can i buy it!!!!?

it would be cool if you cud use that rifle or similar in the actual game..!! like those gun peripherals for the PS2 and all ..

but thats not so important right now!! i want that bullseye..!! so unfair :( you guys can play with it.. we can only see it :(

greeetzzz

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:42 pm

They were hand- and specially made. They aren\’t cheap unfortunately. It\’s a really incredible piece of art though and we have fun playing with it around the office.

Jeff forgot to mention that when you slam the cartridge in it makes the bullseye start-up sound.

STMaraj said:

November 11th, 4:24 pm

“detailed replica of the Mark I rifle”

I thought it was Mark II rifle. Am I wrong?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:42 pm

Well, technically in the final game the Mark 1 is what you see there, and the Mark II is the more powerful version that fires blue bolts.

chrisrhymz said:

November 11th, 4:26 pm

i really wish i couldve been there but thats a good thing that insomnia did for all there fans n so on…keep up the great work insomnia!!

BStreakX said:

November 11th, 4:28 pm

Was anything revealed about the future of Ratchet & Clank?

EViD said:

November 11th, 4:31 pm

Thanks for the video. It helps for those who weren’t there.

tha_con said:

November 11th, 4:40 pm

So how “awesome” was this, you might ask?

So awesome.

Keith K said:

November 11th, 4:40 pm

Price for Prez in 2016

jbat17 said:

November 11th, 4:43 pm

@insomniac nice video! cute chick on the cover, too. another great game from you guys.

@all
are any of you having freezing issues with r2, specifically freezing at the Find a game section for co-op? also getting a lot any network errors? i hope this is a game glitch/ server issue not a hardware issue. just don’t wanna buy another ps3.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:49 pm

We\’re having some server issues and we\’re working on them as quickly as possible. We put a release out on them this morning that should have improved things, but we\’re actively monitoring the situation.

Modster79 said:

November 11th, 4:46 pm

That event looked awesome :)…but I’m in the UK :(

Devs should use Insomniac as a reference point cos you guys are just brilliant :P

keep up the good work and good luck!

and I can’t wait till Nov.28th…

ajpfeif said:

November 11th, 4:52 pm

Hey Jeff
I love the NBA/Playstation controller shirt. Is there any way I could “borrow” it?
oh and the Bullseye too?

C-h-a-o-s said:

November 11th, 4:53 pm

Oh My Gosh, I think if I held an actual bullseye replica I would have some sort of nerdgasm.

Despite what some people are saying about R2 I love the game, finishing up superhuman as we speak (what a pain some parts are!). The ending was most shocking, sad shocking.

I hope you can answer a question, I have a problem trying to get the bererker trophy, I have done every berserk in competitive human and chimeran side but no trophy. Is there more to be unlocked? If so it should of been more than a bronze simply because of the time taken to earn it.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

November 11th, 4:56 pm

There are more to be unlocked most likley, hence why you have yet to earn it.

TheHater said:

November 11th, 5:02 pm

@JStevenson
Thanks for the reply. But do you know when those patches will be release?
Well back to playing. Trying to stay in the top 40 overall :P

lakaihigh said:

November 11th, 5:04 pm

“no chimeran hybrids were harmed during the event” <<< awww why not?? they are trying to kill you during the entire game, ammi right? a full size hybrid would have been a nice compliment for that bullseye me thinks. wish i coulda been there guys! love my collectors edition.

peace,
Lh

Lord_Von_Punx said:

November 11th, 5:10 pm

so im not gonna get a reply on my previous questions?

1. co-op 4:3 issue on widescreen tv

2. game too dark needs brighter flash light

or brightness adjust!

BIGxDADDYxJAY said:

November 11th, 5:10 pm

lol off topic…but yes im on the first page of the blog….and thanks the beta code and i have 2 say i got this game its the bomd “dig-a-dig”

C-h-a-o-s said:

November 11th, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reply, i’k keep checking to see if i’ve unlocked any berserks.

SevenFactors said:

November 11th, 5:17 pm

As always, Insomniac, you are OUTSTANDING!!11!!!1!!!Uno

While your home is in the valley, I would love for you guys to show up somewhere in the east coast, how about good old FL or NY ^_^

Patriotsbball5460 said:

November 11th, 5:18 pm

Insomniac Games=Awesome!

Keep up the great work guys!

cell989 said:

November 11th, 5:22 pm

The event was awesome,
1.I got to meet Ted Price(the coolest CEO you’ll ever meet).
2. I got my Ratchet and Clank FTOD and R2 autographed by the Insomniacs.(An R2 Poster too)
3. I got to be INSIDE the studio(tour and all), got to meet some really cool devs, a really nice presentation on some of the steps they took to develop R2.
4. I got a free SRPA t-shirt.
5. Did I mention Ted Price is awesome.
6. There was really good food available, for free of course.

My only gripe is that I couldn’t pose with the bullseye(even though they said in the post we would be allowed)
I also wish we could have had more time to talk to the devs, when we were at the theater.

I have to say that INSOMNIAC really knows how to trow a community event the right way. It was an honor to be there.

I wish other developers followed suit, but I guess only Ted is cool enough to allow an event like this.

TheGuardian1973 said:

November 11th, 5:26 pm

THE GAME IS AWESOME GUYS, I BOUGHT THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION AND IT ROCKS, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!! :D

schwaa said:

November 11th, 5:27 pm

Bullseye replica? (head explodes)
Ted should deathmatch Cliffy B and the gears Lancer replica with that thing.

This game is superb, have been playing since last week and loving every second, especially the co-op. You guys are one of the best devs out there, by far. Congrats on an awesome game, just a shame that some crappy gamesites are not seeing the full picture of how truly awesome it is (although, assuringly, most of them are).

Money1 said:

November 11th, 5:30 pm

I want that Bullseye, I’ll pay, how much?!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Bryan Intihar said:

November 11th, 6:41 pm

It\’s priceless :)

KaiserSosate said:

November 11th, 6:12 pm

The game is good but there are a very tiny amount of glitches that appear once in the campaign. Keep up the good work and bring us some sweet DLC.

WHAT said:

November 11th, 6:13 pm

Deduct EXP when people leave team games and never allow a game to start with uneven teams. It take too long to kill someone head on and only supplying one nade does not help. Wanted to play TDM on Sunday night and found one game with a half hour search. Also most of the Berserks are useless and I activated all of them in competitive and did not get a trophy. Do I have to do it in one match? I though co-op was a separate 5 hour story and all I found was a paragraph or two of Intel. The building that was said to be burning from E3 was not burning for me. Story of the game was OK but felt like I kept jumping in and out of different movies. Goliath’s must have babies. :)

CorrisD said:

November 11th, 6:25 pm

A question for Jeff!
Where did you get that T-Shirt you have on in the video!

Its very cool, people who game would know it, but others would just think its a design.
Where could I get one on-line? :D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

November 11th, 6:49 pm

An ex got it for me o_0

At least some good came out of that.

40cal said:

November 11th, 7:00 pm

Man, you guys are going to make me move back to Cali.

Really though, thanks to all the Insomniacs for all of the hard work you guys put into these games. I have only gotten to play R2 for about an hour and the beta. My PS3 will be back from the SCC on Friday. Still cant believe it broke. :(

Friday :)

aimlessdrift said:

November 11th, 7:04 pm

This is really a great game and the amount of teamwork that goes into a good co-op campaign makes it so worthwhile. Just one question — well, it’s more of a thought than a question.

I was thinking of how epic it would be to have a co-op map of Philadelphia, since it gets mentioned throughout the game, more or less. Is it a possibility or is it just wishful thinking?

MegaClank said:

November 11th, 7:11 pm

One thing I think that could be fixed in Co-Op would be the colours for knowing if you killed the enemy or someone else did. It always seems that I killed someone, but then my friend says he got the kill.

And whenever I see a +200, it’s because we just finished the mission, do I just suck? XD

At least I’m good at being a Medic. >>

BZKlint said:

November 11th, 7:19 pm

As thoug I’m not jealous enough, you guys gotta go and do something like this :(

j/k (I guess…) Hope whoever went had fun :)

FritoZ said:

November 11th, 7:20 pm

@James Stevenson

I for one appreciate your comments regarding the acknowledgment of issues and the proactive attitude in fixing anything that might arise..this is called “excellent customer service” and unfortunately seems to be running in short order these days with some developers..*coff* *coff* *Lionhead* *coff* *coff*

and I haven’t even bought this game yet! but i have had nothing but great times with all things Insomniac, and will of course be hopefully getting this for Xmas (if my girlfriend thinks i’ve been good enough)

anyway, thanks for not just ignoring your customers that experience issues, however small tehy may be, to that customer, thay are very big!

Dealing with them head on and upfront is the best way to handle this, it makes the issues melt away instead of fester and grow and breed customer dissatisfaction and dis-allegiance..

bad word of mouth travels quicker than ever nowadays with so many gaming sites, gaming forums, and gaming blogs..(and CNN’s holograms! :) )

Not that it would ever get that bad for Insomniac, you guys rock! I think Ted Price had one of the first few blogposts here, did he not?

anyway, thanks again for taking the time to comment here!

FritoZ said:

November 11th, 7:23 pm

@Jeff- so spill it! what did you have to do with the making of R2? Did you and Ted Price go out and burn one every day at lunch or something?

Or did you green-screen character model for a chimeran?

Inquiring minds want to know!

BZKlint said:

November 11th, 7:32 pm

Oh yeah, and if I mailed my copy of Resistance 2 (or Chimeran action figure?) in, could some of you guys at Insomniac Games sign it for me? It would be much apprieciated :) And no, I wouldn’t sell it on eBay ;)

Also, who made that sweet @ss replica? It was DC Comics, wasn’t it? Admit it! :D

C-DuB said:

November 11th, 7:33 pm

R2 is freaken awsome….a bit short but awsome. Since the ending leaves us hangen ( The Chimera are not defeated, an i bet Hales not dead ) I hope they`ve already started with R3 cause i cant wait another 2 yrs to see what happens, if not tell them to get a move on.

FritoZ said:

November 11th, 7:34 pm

Dude! spoiler alert! ^^^^^^

i have to try and forget that now..

PAGE 1 2