Overwatch

Dec 02

Dec 02

New Video Releases on the PlayStation Store

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying the blockbuster hits we have on PlayStation Network. Some of the highlights from today’s new releases on the video store include:

• Step Brothers
  • X-Files: I Want to Believe
  • Bam Margera: Where the #$&% is Santa

Here’s a look at Step Brothers:

Add Your Own

Mana Knight said:

December 2nd, 7:59 pm

Wow, I’m surprised to see the video store update today. X-Files friends of mine will be very happy.

illegalprelude said:

December 2nd, 8:12 pm

im going to have to say, Step Brothers was beyond funny. Watched 3 times in the theaters. I never got a chance to see X-Files so Step Brothers on Blu-ray for me and X-Files, ill give a rent and then maybe a Blu-ray buy

tirminyl said:

December 2nd, 8:28 pm

Surprised to get a post this early. Tempted to try out X-Files……I Want To Believe….I will like it.

linebeginstoblur said:

December 2nd, 8:37 pm

Wait, so what is it? A highlight? Or the full list? Because usually you guys post the full list of all the titles.

Reminds me of the earlier post about SingStar when they gave a “highlight” of the new songs coming out in a few weeks, and there were just a few songs in the list, and I’m sure that WILL be the full list…

Squamden said:

December 2nd, 8:44 pm

I saw X-Files in theaters. Never seen the show, but I laughed harder than any movie I saw all year.

owenlnix said:

December 2nd, 8:50 pm

Any plans for a subscription plan, or a partnership with someone that can?

jayyy91 said:

December 2nd, 8:57 pm

Jeff, once again, you have posted something new and for some reason it’s appearing underneath an older post. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if it’s just me. I’m using Firefox if that matters.

horsielion said:

December 2nd, 9:08 pm

More Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles episodes please!!

unstable said:

December 2nd, 9:12 pm

@6

Agree. I have rented one movie on the video store since release just to test it out. However, I’m not comfortable at all paying $5+ for a HD rental of a digital copy when I could go to my local video store rent a blu-ray for $5.99 and be able to view it anytime I want for a full 5 days plus it will have the bonus features.

If there was a monthly subscription service I’d most likely be on board for that if it was an unlimited amount of movies/shows per month.

owenlnix said:

December 2nd, 9:13 pm

@ jayyy91 look close @ the home page the top is featured the most recent is second. Sony please take my money away from netflix.

AranhaHunter said:

December 2nd, 9:22 pm

How come there’s not a storefront for all the studios out there?

jayyy91 said:

December 2nd, 9:29 pm

@ owenlnix So you’re saying that they don’t put the posts in the order that they are released like they used to?

I think I like the old way better where they put the newest post at the top. That’s just my opinion though…

And while I am commenting, I just have one last thing to say:

Video Store in Canada Please!!

WHAT said:

December 2nd, 9:33 pm

Last week the email sender formally known as Underground, sent me a email saying that Hancock was available in HD as a rent. I went to rent but was not there. :( I did rent Fred Claus and it was a good rent.

smokey_vols said:

December 2nd, 9:37 pm

What happened to the 20+ movie updates? Is this just a preview showing off the newer movies?

schwaa said:

December 2nd, 9:45 pm

Subscription style service, please. It’s the only model that really makes any sense. Otherwise, give us a download list so we can get the content back if we lose it. Thanks!

Jeigh said:

December 2nd, 9:54 pm

Wow, why the move from Friday to Tuesday? Is it going to be bi-weekly now? Maybe we can look forward to that with the Store proper as well. :D

wavesln said:

December 2nd, 10:25 pm

Ordered X-Files: I Want to Believe on Blu. Can’t wait for it to arrive :). Of course here in Europe the Video Store is still nowhere to be found.

gekidami said:

December 2nd, 11:18 pm

Two Things:
1. Already?
2. That it?

ross_k said:

December 3rd, 12:14 am

When are we getting the Video Store in Europe?

StalkingSilence said:

December 3rd, 4:37 am

Wow – smart to update on release day. I’ll be renting Step Brothers from Netflix on Blu-ray though. I already pay for that service and I love the 1080p rental pricing (and not per movie based pricing).

Cool to see the update though and I haven’t seen Step Brothers yet. Looks decently funny though compared to Will Ferrell’s other recent movies with his same tired routine.

Since this is a Sony Pictures film, you all should consider exclusive scenes or bonus content on the PS3, to differentiate your offerings from the rest of the market.

BurningChimaera said:

December 3rd, 4:51 am

Obligatory ‘Video store in Canada’ post:
When is the video store coming to Canada?

narde15 said:

December 3rd, 5:20 am

“Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying the BLOCKBUSTER hits we have on PlayStation Network. Some of the highlights from today’s new releases on the video store include”

blcokbuster, is tht a hint. anyway subscription service please!

Daver said:

December 3rd, 5:39 am

@9 Unstable

If you dont like it dont rent the movies thats it..

Personally, i would love to have this video store in canada. I could rent movies without going to blockbuster lol and 5 $ is less than a rent and i could care less of bonus features i never watch them anyway

rigved123 said:

December 3rd, 6:02 am

nice video

similar –

Advantages of the PS3 Console blog post –

StalkingSilence said:

December 3rd, 6:40 am

@21,
Maybe would have been a hint if she had capitalized it like you did. In its current form, it’s just a word that describes a hit movie.

gamenut6659 said:

December 3rd, 6:41 am

I’m with many of the others a subscription set-up is needed. I have rented and bought a couple of things from the store, but I will not make great use of it without a subscription service.

And the literal 24 hour mark is annoying. I rented Stargate: Ark of Truth(or whatever it was called). Watched it, liked it! Later I wanted my buddy to see it only half way through it cut out because my 24 hours ran out. Wow that sucks and that alone has prevented me from renting several movies. Seriously the time has to be changed.

DDark said:

December 3rd, 6:51 am

Subscription service please! It the best thing that Sony could do and it would make them alot more than they are getting now! People may rent one or two movies a month but would be more willing to pay a monthly fee that’s more than the cost of those two movies, if they can watch a specific amount (or unlimited amount) of movies each month. Please consider it!

Cool-Dude said:

December 3rd, 6:56 am

what will make my day is when the movie store is available to users outside the US….. the movie store is a great idea.

madriiax said:

December 3rd, 7:49 am

If there was a movie subscription service, you would have my money. In a second.

AlexD164 said:

December 3rd, 8:45 am

Change the thursaday gameing update to wednsday or tuesday it’s better and faster.

Snack_Eeter said:

December 3rd, 8:59 am

Hey Grace will you still update us on Fridays as well or is Tuesdays the official post days?
Thanks for the update by the way!

the-DVUS-one said:

December 3rd, 9:31 am

Hi Grace,
Could you please comment on the status of Canada getting the video store. I don’t think I’ve seen any information about a possible time frame.

NoSmoking1108 said:

December 3rd, 3:55 pm

I would like to see more update at all the store, this is why ps3 still struggle ><

mad-elph said:

December 4th, 4:48 pm

@ 24
That post is old! It references 20 and 60 Gb systems…