Spider-Man PS4

Dec 12

Dec 12

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movies and TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Season 3
  • Astro Boy, Season 2
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Season 1
  • Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Season 2 & 4
  • Friends, Season 2 & 3
  • Frisky Dingo, Season 1
  • Invasion, Season 1
  • Nip Tuck, Season 1 & 2
  • Superjail!, Season 1
  • The Big Bang Theory, Season 1
  • Two and a Half Men, Season 3
  • Warner Cartoons Classics: Daffy Duck Volume One, Season 1

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
  • Beyond the Poseidon Adventure
  • Christmas with the Kranks
  • Doctor Dolittle
  • Dot The I
  • Malibu’s Most Wanted
  • Man On Fire
  • Miracle On 34th Street (1994)
  • National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
  • National Lampoon’s Vacation
  • Night At The Museum
  • Oh, God!
  • Picture This!
  • Sarah Landon and the Paranormal Hour
  • Shelter Me
  • Superman: The Movie (Special Edition)
  • The Grudge 2
  • The Notebook
  • The Prince & Me: A Royal Honeymoon
  • Under the Cherry Moon

And, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

Top movie downloads 12 12 08

Top TV downloads 12 12 08

Add Your Own

feedDUNK_All said:

December 12th, 11:15 am

Dark Knight, big surprise!

wallhugger said:

December 12th, 11:24 am

lol only 1 comment what a surprise XD.

I don’t get this video news thingies >.> what’s the deal with them? can any one explain?

StalkingSilence said:

December 12th, 11:35 am

Nice add on NL’s Christmas Vacation!

smokey_vols said:

December 12th, 11:46 am

Would someone please explain to me why all the James Bond movie are exclusive to Xbox Live because Sony owns those movies, someone please reply.

Toddy2Hotty said:

December 12th, 12:01 pm

Looks great! Oh wait, I’m in Canada. *sigh*

RICKDOEZ1 said:

December 12th, 12:20 pm

please sony sell a ps3 for $199.99
dont let the ps3 tank. and have 360 & wii the only to platform’s on the market.
sell a 20g for $240.00 if u have to the new on this npd sell’s can help u tank even quicker.all my friends that have xbox want one but dont have the money to get it untill you sell on at a lower price.

im only asking cause i love you
you longest fanboy:RICKDOEZ

blindrocket said:

December 12th, 12:27 pm

I’d actually rent and buy things from the Store if they were cheaper.
I’m not opposed to going to my local video store because it is going to be cheaper than downloading them from the Store. I can rent a Blu-ray for less than a HD rental on the Store for example. Even a standard DVD can be rented for less than an SD rental on the Store.
So if prices don’t drop or they don’t go to some kind of subscription service like Netflix/Blockbuster I don’t really see myself using the Video section of the Playstation Store unfortunately.

BurningChimaera said:

December 12th, 12:33 pm

Those are some good movies, EH?
Hint, eh? Guess what it is, eh?

dmorris1129 said:

December 12th, 12:37 pm

Add Nickelodeon please!!!And more cartoons so that I can justify spending all this money on a ps3 to my wife. If you add more cartoons i can tell her it’s for the whole family not just me…..

ftwrthtx said:

December 12th, 1:23 pm

Any news about our blu-ray portable copies for the PSP?

gekidami said:

December 12th, 1:27 pm

So about this hitting Europe… Any time soon…?

elfhunter said:

December 12th, 1:32 pm

The least you could do is give us a small update on progress with the CRTC regarding Canadian participation… come on it’s Christmas :)

benzboi92 said:

December 12th, 1:40 pm

I can understand why you guys don’t put numbers on the site but, for big releases like the Dark Knight, I wanna know!!!

lakaihigh said:

December 12th, 2:39 pm

dark knight!

horsielion said:

December 12th, 3:46 pm

:( Still no Sarah Connor Chronicles. Terminator would dominate the TV downloads.

Thorpe said:

December 12th, 4:48 pm

When are movies coming to the UK?

sotiri said:

December 12th, 5:37 pm

Yeah When AR Movies comming to Europe? we still waiting!

enjoi said:

December 12th, 6:19 pm

PLEASE

I want to rent step brothers.
But buying is the only option. WHY????

kspraydad said:

December 12th, 9:58 pm

I laughed recently when SONY was quoted about not having Netflix.

SCEA’s John Kohler explained:

We’ve concentrated most of our efforts on our download service, both rentals and downloads of movies and TV shows. Our efforts will continue to be there, because our customers want to own the content…[In regards to the Netflix streaming on NXE,] there are certainly some positives for the Xbox 360. But there’s also some confusion. It goes further into the argument of “owning the content” [versus renting or accessing it].

I don’t care about Netflix…using PlayOn we can have that function…what I DO care about is the licensing and lack of archival ability means we DON’T OWN THESE MOVIES even if we BUY THEM instead of renting.

Please make John’s statement TRUE. I want to OWN my content.

1/5

steventraxler said:

December 12th, 11:47 pm

when does canada get ps store video

Kevyn.B.Grams said:

December 13th, 1:10 am

Very nice to see The Dark Knight day and date with the Blu-ray release, this really made my dad happy.

I just wanted to say I love that we have this store on PS3, and I completly respect the deccision not to partener with Netflix. Why share the profits with a partener when you can do the whole thing allown.

With that said I would really love to see a subscription plan made available with a similar structure to Netflix. I only say this because it seems to be something with overwhelming demand from both hardcore message board gamers, and the casual audiance looking at the features offered outside of gaming.

One last thing:

Naked Brothers Band

Please!!

maluraq said:

December 13th, 6:33 am

Wow, I’m so excited to NOT download any of these since I’m in Canada.

senjutsu_dav said:

December 13th, 7:09 am

same question again: Canada?

GustieIII said:

December 13th, 8:15 am

Movies in the Great White North! Brrrr, it’s to cold to go to the movie store, need downloadable content!

djtnt1984 said:

December 13th, 8:33 am

When is this coming to Europe? If ever?

Please Sony, get a grip. Always with the US first…

thingg said:

December 13th, 9:34 am

@people complaining about not having the store in their region:

Canada:
You have 33 million people in your country. and 33 billion miles of red tape to go through to get the government to let Sony sell the stuff online. MS had to go through the same crap to get XBL there. If you’d make your laws simple enough to justify the effort to get access to such a (comparatively) small market, it’s just possible you might stop getting screwed over whenever something like this comes out.

Europe: Get one government, one language, and one set of [DELETED] copyright laws and you too will stop getting screwed over with this stuff…

OT: heh did anyone else notice that Fred Claus is listed twice? (#8 and #11)

Stinkin Mushroom said:

December 13th, 2:01 pm

OT: When can we expect a videostore in europe?

envychriscourt said:

December 13th, 2:16 pm

how come i dont have playstation home on my station? can anyone tell me that

striplay said:

December 14th, 3:20 am

Can’t wait to pretend I’m downloading this cool stuff. We Canadians are sadly without the reality of it.

Enforcer_X said:

December 14th, 8:39 am

It’s the licensing that is the problem and why piracy remains the easiest solution.

License holders need to revamp the way they do business if they ever want to reduce piracy.

Plato19 said:

December 14th, 9:08 am

Licensing is an issue for us up here in Canada, we know. We’ve gone through this already with content from American networks on the web as an example. Yet it seems that some content does eventually make its way through our miles of red tape and some Americans seem to be able to make past the their fear of our copyright / piracy measures. All we’re looking for is a little love from Sony. Sony: throw us a bone – is it even on your radar?

striplay said:

December 14th, 3:56 pm

@ 26, thingg:

Wow dude… are you seriously ripping on people in here?

We’re just saying that we’d like these features implemented at some point. This is in fact the right place to make the request.

You must be from the States.

No offense to the nice American citizens though, there are many… but it tends to be a common thing to see such arrogance/attitude from the U.S. residents over such miniscule reasons.
Does everything always have to be so negative? Is it affecting you’re life to read these things?

Well, I’ll answer for you…NO.
No it is not!

I have a suggestion, don’t worry about us. We don’t need your approval prior to posting.
This is a community connected by gaming, not hate.

Please keep your inane comments to yourself!

@ SONY: Sorry if this comment sounds argumentative, I just can’t stand negative people.
Further comments regarding this matter will not be made.

Alexck said:

December 15th, 10:23 am

Can you plz put Naruto on the PSN video store or at least the movies and if any one eles wants Naruto on The PSN video Store PLz Say so in the comments

Ragnar said:

December 15th, 10:58 am

Thank you so much for adding more Super Jail episodes!

talamascano said: