PlayStation VR

Jan 08

Jan 08

CES 2009: See Sony’s Booth

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

How big is Sony’s booth at the Consumer Electronics Show this year? So big they’re filming episodes of Jeopardy! on-site (no Trebek sightings for me yet, but that will hopefully change today).

While the vast majority of the acreage is packed with Bravias, VAIOs, Handycams, and awesome audio setups (find out more at Sony.com/news), a number of current and upcoming PlayStation titles made the trip to Vegas. Here’s a quick tour we shot last night during a preview event for those of you not among the 140,000 projected CES attendees:

In addition, colleague Brian Dunn snapped lots of pics of the Sony booth at large last night as things were being set up – you can see
the full gallery here.

Better yet, developers Guerrilla Games (Killzone 2), Sucker Punch Productions (inFamous), and SCEA Bend Studios (Resistance Retribution) are also in Vegas for CES. I’ll be grilling them on their presentations for you in some future posts, so keep an eye out for those.

As far as that PlayStation Home announcement Jack Buser mentions in the video – you’ll find out about that soon.

DSC01202

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

sk8erdh36 said:

January 8th, 8:23 am

Hopefully a lot of good info to come out of CES this year.

jiggyteddy said:

January 8th, 8:31 am

Awesome cannot wait to see what rolls out this year! Possible home space for CES? One can dream right?

sk8erdh36 said:

January 8th, 8:32 am

Oh and Jeff…. GO EAGLES!

FlemmingM said:

January 8th, 8:35 am

Awesome.. can’t wait to see more about fat princess and Infamous… Oh and any insider news on the EU Video Store, Jeff? :P

depward said:

January 8th, 8:36 am

Fat Princess “coming really soon”?! Nice!

GGCAN said:

January 8th, 8:37 am

Thanks for the post Jeff.

Since many can’t be there, we look forward to your posts.

Razcor256 said:

January 8th, 8:37 am

Home Home Home. Bring on the info. Possibly before I go to work, lol.

PSYCHO-MAGNET said:

January 8th, 8:41 am

Bring on the good news!

Razgriz1Ace said:

January 8th, 8:41 am

I hope guerrilla/sony announce a collector’s/special edition of KZ2 here at CES

narde15 said:

January 8th, 8:41 am

cool I hope we get to browse the sony booth in home! like they did with tgs last year.

Raacky said:

January 8th, 8:42 am

Sweeet excited for the Home announcements and everything really….go sony!

TheHater said:

January 8th, 8:44 am

OMG Fat Princess the best downloadable game I seen so far. So by soon do you mean buy the end of the month? :)
Flower look interesting as well and would be getting that also. Love the different types of games that Sony is trying out on the PSN that no other consoles is even attempting because they think it is going to make them money.

Resistance will be a must buy for me :) Love the story of this series.

Infamous, my third most wanted game this year behind WKC and Killzone 2, look insane as usual. Hope we get a release date soon so I can start counting down the days for it.

As for Killzone 2, Sony you are messing up my gaming life. Ever since I say the latest build of the game, I don’t feel like playing an other games.

TheHater said:

January 8th, 8:45 am

“Your comment is awaiting moderation.”
Why is all my comments being moderating?

lifeRPGs said:

January 8th, 8:46 am

Hello Jeff, could you please show us some videos of the WIPEOUTHD and GT5P in 3D ? Thanks

DLB said:

January 8th, 8:47 am

I wish I had money, I would love to buy one of your great HDTV’s.

Maybe once Obama gets everything up and going again I will. :(

DLB-Network~

Snack_Eeter said:

January 8th, 8:48 am

OoOo snapple! Can’t wait to hear what they have to offer!

(…… too lazy to think of my outro, since I just woke up)

Aggie_CEO said:

January 8th, 8:53 am

Home Announcement!??!?!

Netflix Streaming Via Home Maybe!?!?!?!?

**Crosses Fingers**

Gkar of Narn said:

January 8th, 8:53 am

Jeff, thank you for keeping us up to date on what is happening at the Sony booth at CES.
Will you be making any further announcements on M.A.G.?

slipping_halo said:

January 8th, 8:54 am

Somme damn good stuff right there, glad they thru in a little thing about home. I know home had the potential to be the biggest thing this year, but we need more content. At least get the game launching happening, I was glad to hear in one of the post that game launching is top priority, so lets hope they throw in some more stuff, like XMB music in home, looking at patient about the music playing over everything from the xbox, it looks like you can have music playing in home, then game launch and it should be able to keep playing without breaking any laws, i think!! Just something to think about….

p-s-3 said:

January 8th, 8:56 am

I wish i was there :P I love SONY Stuff :P

UNCyrus said:

January 8th, 8:58 am

Savage Moon is already out on the European front… Can’t wait to get my hands on it here in the US

Aaron said:

January 8th, 8:58 am

Awesome Jeff! BTW what happened to the new feature for the blog? I saw the reply feature was up but now i dont see it anymore :(

KazeEternal said:

January 8th, 9:00 am

Hey Jeff, will KZ2 be reliant on Kill Zone 1? This isn’t a problem for me I can go grab it for my 60 gig. However one of my friends on Resistance 2 is interested in getting KZ2, but won’t get it if it is reliant on KZ1 as he does not own a PS2 and his 80gig is the GimpStation version.

Fersis said:

January 8th, 9:00 am

I like your suit Jeff. :)
Laid back cool style.

Aaron said:

January 8th, 9:01 am

cant wait for the HOME announcements :)

lifeRPGs said:

January 8th, 9:03 am

If anybody is interested, know that Sony’s CES09 keynote has just started! Click on the link below:

hife said:

January 8th, 9:06 am

@18
Pretty sure your friend doesn’t have to worry. Just tell him/her to read the history on the Killzone website.

CES seems to be going very well for Sony. All I’m seeing is praise after months of negative stories (or at least stories that get spun to look negative). So congratulations, I’m so pumped for this year.

Keith K said:

January 8th, 9:08 am

Everything looks awesome except Home which continues to look terrible and pointless.

Oh new content! Hoorah! Continue ignoring the central purpose for Home’s existence! Booray!

When Game Launching works for the entire library, you will have a service worth marketing and adding to. Until then you’re wasting everyone’s time, most of all your own.

ftwrthtx said:

January 8th, 9:11 am

As always, thanks for the info Jeff. I look forward to hearing more from CES from you.

MidgetguyII said:

January 8th, 9:11 am

AWESOME!!!! I can’t wait to see footage of the upcoming Playstation Store titles… specifically flOwer, that one’s held my interest for a while…

Also, a new announcement about Home! This will be good… no, scratch that…

This will be GREAT!

LukaX23 said:

January 8th, 9:12 am

Kick-ass post Jeff. Keep it up man.

PS: I personally CAN’T WAIT to see how Fat Princess turns out. That game looks like so much fun!

GL0cKoP0P said:

January 8th, 9:14 am

Jack Buser is such a TOOL!

hife said:

January 8th, 9:18 am

Hmmm, scratch that “@18” in my previous post, it was @ KazeEternal.

NewYork214 said:

January 8th, 9:19 am

i wish i had a nice 1080P bravia. all i have is an old 1080I HDTV. but the screen is huge, like crazy huge, so i dont complain to much about it

Ghostm said:

January 8th, 9:21 am

Hmmmm, I wonder what Jack Buser has to say about PS HOME? I’m curious. BIG TIME!!!

NathanJ said:

January 8th, 9:25 am

Sony has succeeded beyond our wildest dreams with the PS3 and PSP.

BluRay destroyed Toshiba and Microsoft’s HD-DVD giving gamers incredible 1080p movies with insane audio quality in every single PS3.

The PS3 has humiliated the 360 graphically like no console has ever done before. The final and ultimate humiliation is one month away with the greatest FPS ever made in Killzone 2. The game that has graphics that were claimed were CGI level and wouldn’t be possible until the PS4 at the earliest. And the 360 is still living off that outdated Unreal Engine after three years. LOL!

Home has become a massive success with the only serious problem being it is so popular Sony is having trouble keeping up with demand. And it is only a few weeks old and we are already getting updates from non-gaming companies wanting to be part of Home. The number of game companies with their own Spaces on the way this year is insane.

PS3 + PSP + 1080p TV + high quality audio equipement + Netflix BluRay rentals is what gamers would have imagined gaming heaven to be like back in the early console days.

DJ_DTM said:

January 8th, 9:33 am

I need to talk direct with Jeff,
I’m a Marketing Director full time here in Canada, I handle all kinds of multimedia events for all kinds of clients, I have Saturday morning spot time on major networks Rogers Sportsnet, TV Tropolis, and A channel for sale and would love to bring Seca in as the major sponsor for my new Tv game show for kids..
how can I get ahold of Jeff, other than this blog no one at sony knows who he is when I call or responds to any e-mail?

VXbinaca said:

January 8th, 9:35 am

Yeah bringing voice back to Home is a must. what’s social about Home when you remove the ability to use my PS3 Headset in Central Plaza.

LukaX23 said:

January 8th, 9:37 am

@ 37

I’m sure there’s a better way of promoting yourself by commenting on A BLOG.

NathanJ said:

January 8th, 9:41 am

Home has been a much happier place now that:

Idiots are blasting their crappy music through their mics

There’s no longer much incentive for losers to run around trying to grief people with racial slurs

And we don’t have to listen to the idiotic retards and their pathetic pick up lines

With the Home servers constantly packed with people public voice chat obviously isn’t being missed by anyone but a few.

SagiMewtwo said:

January 8th, 9:43 am

For a second I thought that said a Home announcement from Jack Bauer and I was like “24 in Home? How awesome is that!” Then I did a second look and was like “Oh…not Jack Bauer…”

StalkingSilence said:

January 8th, 9:46 am

Tom Hanks thing seemed pretty ridiculous.

Jinx-Wolf said:

January 8th, 9:48 am

@40 Agreed!

Home is steadily improving, and the people that think it’s funny to create a fat chick and hump other avatars are slowly leaving, cause they can no longer scream over a mic.

The Red Bull Island SHOULD make a good impact on Home, and maybe get us more sponsors on the NA servers. I’m looking forward to these announcements, but I really don’t have my hopes set too high.

C-h-a-o-s said:

January 8th, 9:50 am

Look forward to seeing more blog posts about Kz2 and Retribution.

spunnups said:

January 8th, 9:56 am

Wish I could be there. I hope we get a lot of info regarding KZ2, especially collector’s editions. Fat Princess as well, that game is gonna be the ISH!

Torgo said:

January 8th, 10:00 am

Nice Jacket Nerd…..

:-P

Nice job Jeff, I can’t wait to see what else you post for CES.

digplans said:

January 8th, 10:01 am

Ahhh finally CES coverage! Hah, thanks Jeff! :)

Why do I get nervous around Jack Buser…
Excited for upcoming updates though… keep bloggin’ !

digplans said:

January 8th, 10:02 am

PS. Why are all my comments awaiting moderation now?

digplans said:

January 8th, 10:02 am

I think CES might be a bad word…..

lifeRPGs said:

January 8th, 10:05 am

Hey jeff, is that the big Home surprise? Kaz Hirai just revealed EA has released some areas in Home …apparently it is a CASINO..

PAGE 1 2