Farpoint

Jan 09

Jan 09

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here. It’s time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Black Blood Brothers, Season 1
  • Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Season 1
  • Gossip Girl, Season 2
  • Jyu-Oh-Sei, Season 1
  • Nip Tuck, Season 5
  • One Tree Hill, Season 6
  • Privileged, Season 1
  • Stargate Atlantis, Season 1, 2. 3 & 4
  • The Unit, Season 4

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• Back to the Beach

And, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

top movie downloads 1 9 09

top tv download 1 9 09

Add Your Own

Makasu said:

January 9th, 4:50 am

Comon guys, those lists look awful, now they’re even breaking the blog layout…

jimmyhoffa82 said:

January 9th, 4:51 am

still wish you could rent more movies, no way i buy movies at 14.99 and up, but i would surely rent more for the 4-5 bucks they cost. come on sony get your act together!

Jezer29 said:

January 9th, 4:56 am

$15 bucks for like that brand new moives is ok.. And I say that b/c Im able to take in on my PSP if not I would think $15 was too much as well.. There are some other movies not that new that I think should drop to $10.. That 2 brains episode is hilarious

BurningChimaera said:

January 9th, 4:59 am

Please, please say something about whether or not Canada is scheduled to get the video store.

p-s-3 said:

January 9th, 5:20 am

+ Where is the Europe PSN Video Store??? :(

awheaten said:

January 9th, 5:30 am

Please upload more “The Universe” episodes. I’m begging you its been months since you uploaded the last episodes. I’m a science geek and I love “The Universe”.

LukaX23 said:

January 9th, 5:54 am

Coolio. Get some LOST on the store please!

squirrel448 said:

January 9th, 6:09 am

Why use images when you could use html tables or ordered lists?

hijaker77 said:

January 9th, 6:12 am

eh

dmorris1129 said:

January 9th, 6:18 am

Add Comedy Central Network!!
And were is Wanted??

AwRy108 said:

January 9th, 6:51 am

Until the DRM allows us to associate Video Store content with our PSN account (for re-downloading), then many people aren’t going to be using this service, especially at the current pricing structure.

$1.99 for an episode of Robot Chicken (which, BTW, is free on Cartoon Network’s website) that I don’t even get to re-download if I delete it? How idiotic.

UNCyrus said:

January 9th, 6:53 am

@9
Wanted is a terrible movie… why would you waste your money on that garbage?

Gaia said:

January 9th, 7:01 am

Jyu-Oh-Sei, Season 1

Very nice! Now only if the video store was available in canada :)

ftwrthtx said:

January 9th, 7:07 am

Thanks for the update

smokey_vols said:

January 9th, 7:30 am

Thanks for the movies.

C-h-a-o-s said:

January 9th, 7:45 am

I think all movies new and old should start at 9.99 with 5 or so downloads, I can almost guarantee a huge increase in sales if that were to happen. Even if you don’t drop the prices for the love of all things gaming allow more downloads, it’s a cheap way of getting more money if something happens to our download.

This is going to sound harsh but I don’t mean it in a bad way. If anyone with half a brain reads this blog everytime there’s a video store update they would realize that more than half of the people are still hesistant on purchasing either due to the price or the single download option that is given. Listen to you consumer they keep you in buisness for petes sake.

LukaX23 said:

January 9th, 8:10 am

@11

Keep that to yourself please. It’s his opinion.

TheHater said:

January 9th, 8:15 am

Can you guys please add Bleach episodes on the PSN. I prefer the Japanese episodes with Sub :)

sw1tch said:

January 9th, 8:33 am

How about Europe? remember where you sell most of your ps3?

poisonedsodapop said:

January 9th, 9:28 am

Why do the European PS3 users ask for this on the US blog? I doubt the US division can do much for you.

AwRy108 said:

January 9th, 9:33 am

@17

I hope your PS3’s HDD crashes someday and you lose all your Video Store content–I guarantee that you’ll see the truth in my statement after you have to call SONY and BEG them to let you re-download content that you already paid for.

Kevyn.B.Grams said:

January 9th, 9:47 am

OK. After yesterdays announcemnt things need to go into overdrive. I am a huge Naked Brothers Band fan, and I want to be able to purchase the episodes from PSN once they become available. We need the DRM chnaged, and we need it changed now.

What is the deal with Sony. Why do you want to make it so hard to make money. The awnsers are right in front of your face. Just in case the company is having trouble seeing;

1) TV shows in Packages
2) All movies rentable day and date with DVD/Blu-ray release
3) HD TV shows

There you have it. Loosen up the DRM to the game sides standard of 5 active systems/ unlimited downloads, and then follow those three easy steps. Once this happens the amount of money coming in will blow people away.

poisonedsodapop said:

January 9th, 9:58 am

@21 I believe he meant to say poster #12. Or at least that would make sense to anyone who read all the posts. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

JLogic said:

January 9th, 10:08 am

The murmurings from the adolescents on this thread are extremely irritating. Some progress is better than none at all.

I look forward to see what is to come in the future.

JLogic

NewYork214 said:

January 9th, 1:22 pm

i want more futurama.

Freequebec86 said:

January 9th, 2:15 pm

Hey, Does Movie or Tv Shows are available for Quebec or Canada?!?!?!?!?

GORT22 said:

January 9th, 3:04 pm

Will you be getting more classic sci-fi movies? Like Time Machine, Forbidden planet, war of world, journey to the center of the earth, day the earth stood still.

I know iTunes have it, but I rather get it from you guys so I can use it on my psp.

Thanks!

NinjaZeroEight said:

January 9th, 4:03 pm

When can we expect this service in Canada? I’d really like to get Xam’d: Lost Memories.
But I’d take a Blu-Ray release of it instead ;)

sungoat80 said:

January 9th, 5:07 pm

Im still happy sony is working with new content. Listen! I want a new visualizer(backround) for the music player i hope other people agree. The last one we got over a year ago (planet earth) was awesome. I got plenty games to play still.So i can wait for the next batch. Any ideas for backround images to play our music to?

snskidtv21 said:

January 10th, 6:45 am

Black Blood Brothers sucks IMO. :/

It’s nice to see The Unit and Gossip Girl finally available.

Kayin said:

January 10th, 8:37 am

Speaking of video, when can we expect Matroska support on the Playstation 3?

mvenkat007 said:

January 28th, 6:10 pm

Has anyone actually tried to download and watch anything? Yesterday my parents were visiting so I thought we’d watch the HD movie ‘Eagle Eye’, even though I thought the price was excessive at $6.47 (yup, they charge tax on the download!). There was a button saying ‘watch while downloading’, so of course we choose that. We couldn’t even get to the credits before the screen kept freezing and the ‘buffering’ error occurred. I have a cable modem and a router that’s 54 MB/S, but you know how long it took me to download the movie? Neither do I, because I started at 2:51pm and went to bed at 11:30pm and it was only 45% done.

Basically, if you want to watch an HD movie make sure you start to download it 15-20 hours before you want to watch it, which in my book means don’t bother. The response to my email by customer support spent most of the email filled up with legal linkss talking about terms of service, not addressing the issue.

Sony, to say your service is disappointing would be an understatement.