Overwatch

Jan 13

Jan 13

CES 2009: Killzone 2 Interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

By now, I’m sure you’ve seen some of the overwhelmingly positive impressions of Killzone 2 from the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. Shortly after his CES presentation, I tracked down Hermen Hulst, Managing Director and co-founder of KZ2 developer Guerrilla Games. We talked hit response physics, the unusual background of some of the KZ2 team, and that awesome video that was shown. Take a look:

Once again, Killzone 2 hits North American shores on February 27th. Preorder bonuses going on now.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

CrimsonFox13 said:

January 13th, 3:51 pm

Awesome! I’m getting this day one!

I love the Helghan Propoganda being heard in some videos… Really sets the mood. Great idea to include that. Wouldn’t you agree?

I hope that they update it every once in a while, so the propoganda isn’t the same in multiplayer.

40cal said:

January 13th, 3:52 pm

This is going to be the most EPIC game ever. I can not wait until the 27th. Or the 5th (demo) for that matter.

TheHater said:

January 13th, 3:56 pm

Will there be a mid-night release for this game?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 4:32 pm

We\’ll let you know of any release party-type activities right here.

NathanJ said:

January 13th, 3:57 pm

One month until the greatest FPS in history is here. Hard to believe.

From the incredible original E3 trailer.

To the gaming site that edited the Killzone trailer over a Sony exec confirming Resistance was running realtime to try to make it look like ‘teh Sony lies!!!’

To the cries of terror and pain from the Xbots when the first real time Killzone 2 demo matched the ‘impossible until the PS4 trailer’

To the unveiling of the incredible multiplayer job system and clan betting of valor points.

Congrats Sony and GG, you took on the hate,venom, and rage of the Xbot dominated gaming media AND DELIVERED.

Never has a game so totally owned the fanboys of another console as Killzone 2.

FFObsessed said:

January 13th, 4:01 pm

When is the Collector’s Edition going to be announced?

There is going to be one right?

Thanx, reply please.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 9:34 pm

There is no collector\’s edition slated for Killzone 2. Guerrilla Games has put all of their effort into creating this masterpiece of a game, so we didn\’t actively pursue a CE.

Half_life000111 said:

January 13th, 4:02 pm

ADVERTISE IT SONY… plz.. this game DESERVES to SELL WELL… if not SPECTACULAR

deafwing said:

January 13th, 4:03 pm

this game better be worth it

Aschx said:

January 13th, 4:03 pm

I cannot wait for this game!

dummy said:

January 13th, 4:03 pm

this game is going to make me lose my job, and possibly my wife and family.

CrimsonFox13 said:

January 13th, 4:03 pm

Oh, yeah, if there was a Collecter’s Edition, I’d buy it, as long as the content was good. And I’ve only bought the CE of one game before…

I am psyched.

ftwrthtx said:

January 13th, 4:05 pm

This is going to be an awesome game.

Thanks for another great interview Jeff.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 4:32 pm

Thanks for another great compliment.

alba said:

January 13th, 4:05 pm

Please tell us about the Collector’s Edition, I’m holding my pre-order just for that :(

(!!!)

LoLskilled87 said:

January 13th, 4:06 pm

Hope this doesn’t fail like Socom…

Jenovah said:

January 13th, 4:08 pm

Please tell us your doing a Collectors Edition for this gem :)

gold5225 said:

January 13th, 4:12 pm

@13

This game has single player and multiplayer Socom only has Multiplayer and no offline options.

Voozi said:

January 13th, 4:12 pm

“I’m Jeff Rubenstein from the PlayStation Blog”

No you’re not! You’re a phony! A big fat phony! Hey you know who does these video interviews!? A great big phony! That’s right a phony does these interviews!

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry had to get that out of me just cause the video stopped & started buffering after you said that line, hope you got the reference where its from ;D

*hides from ban hammer lol*

Oh and looking foward to KZ2, thanks for the interview! (Hey had to keep it on topic lol)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

January 13th, 4:18 pm

Family Guy. Jeff, beat ya to it.

chriscowboyd said:

January 13th, 4:18 pm

@ 13 no one was hypeing socom but socom fan killzone 2 will sell a million easy in under 7 days. i played the beta and its a great game and all ready game of the year of 09.

DrPirate said:

January 13th, 4:20 pm

I hope there’s a collector’s edition, I’d buy!!

Awesome interview and I love the work you are doing on this game.

Can’t wait for release

joel said:

January 13th, 4:22 pm

This game is just really grabbing my attention, I wasnt all that hyped for it untl the OPM review, then I was like ok the PLAYSTATION magazine gave it a 10.. But then I saw the videos, and my jaw dropped.

Hopefully you can answer this, JEFF have you PLAYED killzone 2? If so, how good is it?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 4:35 pm

I have (haven\’t beaten it yet, I\’m savoring it as I go). It really does live up to the hype.

Of course I work for Sony, etc, but I think the reviews, the impressions from CES, and your experiences will bear that out.

I LOVE THIS GAME! /Tom Cruise

FFObsessed said:

January 13th, 4:26 pm

The “Hit Response” system is what makes KZ2 look so much fun to me. Without it, it would just look like another great looking FPS. You guys really need to show it off to the public when it comes to marketing the game.

It really sets KZ2 apart and makes the gunplay look so satisfying. So many other devs havn’t done anything in this regard, they just polish visuals and that’s it, forgetting about the most important aspect of a shooter… the shooting!

Props to Guerrilla they’ve done a great job and I will be there day 1 for the Collectors Edition! (hopefully?)

IAmToastMan said:

January 13th, 4:27 pm

i keep saying this but SONY PLEASE ADVERTISE THE HECK OUT OF KILLZONE 2!! i want to see this game do well…we all know this game is gonna be awesome but you guys cant depend on word of mouth and one commercial to help the sales of killzone 2….show everyone what the ps3 can do and show people what killzone 2 is all about…please sony ADVERTISE KILLZONE 2…perfect opportunity to advertise is SUPERBOWL…take advantage of it…so again i repeat SONY PLEASE ADVERTISE KILLZONE 2

KeyWii said:

January 13th, 4:30 pm

Excellent, great, fantastic, etc. etc.

remanutd said:

January 13th, 4:32 pm

great interview jeff , but wheres the collector’s edition ???
at joel the only two playstation 3 exclusives that have gotten 5/5 from the official playstation magazine are mgs4,lbp , i think they are pretty harsh in their reviews when it comes to ps3

Violentp69 said:

January 13th, 4:33 pm

Collector’s edition. Toss us a bone. There are special editions for every piece of drivel available out there and in regards to this, nothing. You’re killing me Smalls.

remanutd said:

January 13th, 4:34 pm

exclusives

TheHater said:

January 13th, 4:34 pm

thanks jeff. If there is one. You bet I will be there :)

PS fanboy said:

January 13th, 4:34 pm

i heard that there will be K2 PS3 bundle on europe, is that right?

40cal said:

January 13th, 4:37 pm

@ Jeff,

Can someone ask Hermen Hulst if there is anyway to get the demo up before 02/05/09?

I have the pre-order card sitting right here in front of my face, and it is killing me. Please get it up on the PSN this Thursday.

TheHater said:

January 13th, 4:39 pm

@Jeff
Come on Jeff, you don’t know? We hand the chat about if you guys will be having a Playstation Blog even in NYC :)
I live in NYC. I was at the Playstation 3 mid-night launch and MGS4 launch event. Hope there is a Killzone 2 one so I can be there for that one too :)

KeyWii said:

January 13th, 4:39 pm

I hope there’s a collectors edition, a bundle, and a sweet marketing campaign for this one!

AlterEgo said:

January 13th, 4:40 pm

Great interview.

GOTY Conternder incoming!

Now how about that Collector’s Edition to REALLY bring in those sales?

3AM said:

January 13th, 4:42 pm

Are you guys going to release a collectors edition? I REALLY WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY RIGHT NOW

MariusElijah said:

January 13th, 4:43 pm

Will there be a bundle coming to the US just like there is one “rumored” to be coming to europe?

It will be a big mistake on Sony if doesnt

NathanJ said:

January 13th, 4:45 pm

Yep, still waiting for collectors edition confirmation before preordering.

LordNerevar said:

January 13th, 4:46 pm

Will there be a Collector’s Edition?

Also, what are your plans for marketing this game, because it really deserves to have an excellent marketing strategy.
From my experience in the beta, i can easily see this game taking 1. place in FPS genre in 2009.
Day 1 of course.

mike223 said:

January 13th, 4:47 pm

arg… the videos very laggy for some reason, odd that its from youtube, ohh well…

i hope the CE comes with killzone remastered, i never played the first one and i remember MotherH doing a thread about ‘what you would like to see in the killzone CE’ and one of the options that was listed was ‘killzone remastered’ i hope it won

Stoffinator said:

January 13th, 4:49 pm

I saw you playing Killzone 2 last night Jeff. Did you get the full version? And why no collectors edition?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 5:04 pm

I have the almost-100%-version. Close enough to be awesome.

mendezgato said:

January 13th, 4:49 pm

how about a Houston release Jeff, come on answer me for once!!!

mike223 said:

January 13th, 4:51 pm

for the people that cant get this video running, heres a URL to the youtube page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSW0kEInJxE

dragonzblaze said:

January 13th, 4:53 pm

cant wait for this legendary game jeff guerrilla games you rock hope theres a midnight launch party in nyc

rAdIOhEaD73 said:

January 13th, 4:54 pm

Hi I am from Canada, is there any bonus/incentive for preordering this game, maybe a promotion from EB Games Canada that I haven’t heard of?

dappaute said:

January 13th, 5:00 pm

cant wait for killzone, you guys should have a count down clock on here.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 13th, 5:02 pm

I like that idea. We\’ll do it.

FirewalkR said:

January 13th, 5:02 pm

Hi Jeff and crew, there seems to be some kind of trend in here about a… “cooollectoooor’s ediiition”, whatever that is. I wonder if you noticed! ;)

3AM said:

January 13th, 5:06 pm

Hey Jeff Rubenstein. How does it feel to be so awesome?

ro13ert159 said:

January 13th, 5:10 pm

im into the games but im still on the edge of buying mainly what im wondering are the controls? can you give me a link or desribe the controls to me because im very used to call of duty controls Thanks jeff

garone88 said:

January 13th, 5:10 pm

LOL at all the GAFers on here ;)
Anyway KZ2 looks beyond amazing, but do you know of any special pre-order deals in Europe? This is the only thing that’s keeping me from pre-ordering right now.

zakupilot256 said:

January 13th, 5:10 pm

@jeff, you should throw this up on the twitter.

STMaraj said:

January 13th, 5:15 pm

Whenever I watch youtube vids in HD, it’s always very, very laggy :( Oh well, I can’t wait for this game!

mendezgato said:

January 13th, 5:16 pm

come on Jeff why don’t i ever get an answer from you? should i change my name to whitecat so you can answer my questions I’ve been here since the beginning of the blog and never got an answer from you.

TFHAppo said:

January 13th, 5:17 pm

Great interview as usual, Jeff!

Wish there was a collector’s edition, though. :P

Also, you’re so lucky that you have an almost complete version!

(BTW, if you ever find some room on your friend’s list, add me! I’d love to go 1v1 with you in Killzone 2! (Or maybe 2v2, you and Chris versus my clan member and I!) Either way, it’d be cool to be able to play with either you, or Chris. (though, I’m sure I’d get crushed) Anyways, if either of you ever find the room to add me, please do. PSN: Appo

CAN’T WAIT FOR KZ2!!!