Farpoint

Jan 22

Jan 22

Little Delay To LittleBigPlanet Content

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

We know you guys have been looking forward to the next batch of downloadable content which was due to launch this Thursday, January 22. Unfortunately, we’re not going to be able to release what we had planned at this time, so the wait is going to be just a little longer before the new year’s content updates start to arrive. In order to make up for this disappointment, we thought you might like to see all the new content we’ve got lined up to come out between next week and the end of February, so hold on to your hats as there’s quite a bit!

Seasonal Content
To get the new year started in the right way we’ve got matching Sackboy and Sackgirl Chinese New Year outfits which will be available for free next week to help you celebrate the year of the Ox. At the same time you can also dress up as the world famous Groundhog in a bid to predict the length of winter. When February rolls around you’ll have no excuse for forgetting to buy a card as we release a special Valentine’s Day pack containing 12 stickers and some themed costume pieces for your Sackperson. Each of these downloads will be available for a limited time, so grab them while they’re hot!

God of War Costumes and Stickers
If you missed out on the pre-order offers to get hold of Kratos and the God of War content pack here’s another chance to get hold of an all time classic Sackboy costume. Inside the pack you’ll find Medusa and Minotaur costumes and a bunch of themed stickers to help you recreate ancient Greece in your game.

Supersonic Sackboy
In February why not pick up the pace and splash out on the WipEout content pack. Containing the WipEout costume kit and plenty of stickers to add some flavour to your game, this is a very cool pack indeed.

Early 2009 Release Schedule
Please note all these dates may change, but we’ll announce what is coming and when, each week.

Week of 1/26
– Chinese New Year Costumes – available for 10 days only.

LittleBigPlanet - Chinese New Year poster

– God of War mini pack
– Kratos costume
– Groundhog Day costume – available for 1 week only.

LittleBigPlanet Add-On - God of War Level Pack LittleBigPlanet - Groundhog render

2/05
– Valentine’s Day mini pack – available for 2 weeks only.

LittleBigPlanet - Valentine's Day render

2/12
– Ape Escape Costume
– Toro Costume

LittleBigPlanet - Ape Escape Costume render LittleBigPlanet - Toro Mask

2/19
– WipEout Costume Kit
LittleBigPlanet - Wipeout Piranha render

There’s plenty more to come, and we’ll be releasing details of upcoming content and fixes every week.

Add Your Own

Happy_Spud said:

January 22nd, 7:24 am

The critics can say what they want, but LPG is the game that just keeps on giving! Now bring on the Final Fantasy goods!

Yay! My avatar is finally showing! Long live Happy_Spud!

PSN LBP people, add me! I want to score that one trophy, but I need more LBP friends to do so!

Audioboxer said:

January 22nd, 7:25 am

Looking good, awesome!

KZ2 pack for KZ2 release, get it done guys ;)

GamerMoney said:

January 22nd, 7:27 am

kz2…not a bad idea…im sure they’ll release costume as they did for resistance 2…all they needed was a nathan hail costume too

Stuffgamer1 said:

January 22nd, 7:38 am

I’m just gonna echo some other folks and ask for the Nariko DLC to be released as well. You know more people already have the God of War pack than the Nariko costume anyway, just because of where they were given out!

isolatebody said:

January 22nd, 7:39 am

The monkey one cracks me up.

Ti_dus said:

January 22nd, 7:40 am

We want level packs, not characters only :( Any free stuff?

computerwis5 said:

January 22nd, 7:41 am

The God of War Costume looks awesome. How much is it going to cost me?

GamerMoney said:

January 22nd, 7:41 am

I actually preferred nariko over kratos but gamestop was closer…get me some heavenly sword content

computerwis5 said:

January 22nd, 7:42 am

By the way, are you going to add some Killzone content or Dead Space?

Midgetguy said:

January 22nd, 7:44 am

This…

Is…

AWESOME!!!!! I’m definately digging the new costumes and sticker packs!

And, to all of you guys (and girls) at Media Molecule, don’t worry about the small delay, you guys have been working hard to deliver all of this amazing LBP content, so you can at least know that I forgive this small mishap!

GamerMoney said:

January 22nd, 7:46 am

what would’ve been nice was if y’all had done a little football pack since superbowl is almost here

coastermaniac said:

January 22nd, 7:49 am

nice linup of stuff. looking forward to it.

Off topic: Hey Jeff, could you get someone to add a “remember me” checkbox to the new login form? it’s kind of annoying to have to log in again every time I close the browser… thanks

BiscoMix said:

January 22nd, 7:51 am

I’m looking forward to the God of War mini pack. Great content coming by the way. I’ll probably buy most of it.

lakaiHIGH said:

January 22nd, 7:51 am

oh noes! that’s alright guys, you’ve just given me enough time to go back and complete the remaining trophies i need to get. im an optimistic kinda guy and i like to see the glass as half full. can’t wait for all these!

peace,
Lh

klekamp said:

January 22nd, 7:53 am

Nice, but the whole point of having exclusive costumes/content is to encourage you to pre-order. So basically, I’m not too happy about the GOW costumes. In the future pre-order = nothing….. :(

BiscoMix said:

January 22nd, 7:53 am

Also, I would love a Killzone 2 costume. :)

XxBoR1CuAxX said:

January 22nd, 8:00 am

sweet keep them coming

big_hawk97 said:

January 22nd, 8:00 am

These seem nice but the MGS pack kinda spoiled me. It’ll be kinda hard to sell me on something less than that. I’ll pay for a level, but I don’t know about a costume.

Swedgen said:

January 22nd, 8:05 am

My progress for the MGS level pack still won’t save(aces, prize collection). Can’t really say I care about anymore DLC until the problems resulting from earlier DLC are fixed.

Megulito said:

January 22nd, 8:15 am

all costumes quite awesome

BZKlint said:

January 22nd, 8:17 am

LittleBigDelay?

Sakimori_X said:

January 22nd, 8:18 am

Oh… my… god… Those chinese costume sackpals look so adorable.

Also, I love the idea of Wipeout costumes, but come on… Piranha? Everybody knows Harimau and Icaras are the shizznit!! :)

jayrockslife said:

January 22nd, 8:24 am

Whatever happened to the Killzone Helgast costumes showed in a very early trailer last year?

AlexD169 said:

January 22nd, 8:29 am

Nice! Good news I am glad we finally got to see some pictures they look really nice..

Fantus said:

January 22nd, 8:30 am

So here I thought I would have something special for pre-ordering. And now it’s going to be open for everyone. So when i’m playing and someone sees me in my Kratos (or Nariko soon probably) costume, they’ll just think I bought it recently. Instead of being the type of player that has been into this game all along to the point that they pre-ordered it. And didn’t just pick it up afterwards.

…this makes me a sad panda

KazeEternal said:

January 22nd, 8:30 am

Thanks for the heads up on the features. Seems most developers are keen on waiting till the last minute to tell us about them. Some even not responsible for games like to just spring features on us *cough*Sony’s PS3/PSP Firmware Division*cough*

OItar said:

January 22nd, 8:34 am

Nice, keep it up guys. I agree with mexwarrior: we need more music, please! And also more of those level packs like the mgs4 ones

QCVic said:

January 22nd, 8:41 am

Awesome.It’s worth the wait. Any news on the “day and night globe” item that was in the third MGS level?

fnook said:

January 22nd, 8:41 am

Yes.. PLEASE MAKE THE NARIKO COSTUME PAK AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.. Been wanting that one for ages now..

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

January 22nd, 8:44 am

Oh and EARLY SPRING THIS YEAR, puxatawny Pete ain’t got nothing on weather predicting like me.

Transient said:

January 22nd, 8:50 am

Wow, so much for GoW being “exclusive” content for people who pre-ordered. I still have my preorder kit and it clearly says it is exclusive.

That’s the thanks we get for supporting your product early. Thanks MM! :(

Andrefpvs said:

January 22nd, 8:53 am

Don’t even think about making the FF7 a “sticker and costume” pack! :P

We want a level pack like the MGS one for FF7 ;)

fnook said:

January 22nd, 9:01 am

@ Transient: Don’t think of the pre-order bonuses as “exclusives”, think of them as GETTING THE PAKS FREE, and BEFORE everyone else who DIDN’T get them when you did..

Enforcer_X said:

January 22nd, 9:09 am

A Little BIG Delay … had to say it lol
It’s cool we understand. Content looks great can’t wait!

I still want my MM T-Shirt I haven’t forgot!

CinderShadow said:

January 22nd, 9:18 am

Great selection, there – I especially like the Ape Escape character; but I hope that the Nariko costume is something you’re also going to be releasing.

Sekoku said:

January 22nd, 9:18 am

Do mien eyes deceive me? Do I see Ape Escape and Toro/that Sony Cat are coming to the US?

I’m like a battered wife with stockholm syndrome for you, Sony. I hate how you treat us, but you finally give us something we’ve been wanting since the Japan launch so it’s all good.

Now, if there was more patching going on from MM, for… oh… say HD image importing instead of PSEye we’d be good.

FE_RR said:

January 22nd, 9:20 am

yes…i’m missing the nariko costume also, it would be great a nariko costume available for free in the PS Store, so the ones at e-bay selling it at USD 40 banish in they greed…

it would be awesome a iron man costume and a FFVII pack like the mgs4!!

Dardantuan said:

January 22nd, 9:36 am

I am kind of on the fence regarding releasing the so called ‘exclusive pre-order items’ to the general public. Yes, it is nice we can all get these items to complete our collections. On the other hand, it does kind of take the fun out of having a rare item, for those of us who got them the legit way. I say keep the rare/uncommon items rare.

poisonedsodapop said:

January 22nd, 9:37 am

I just hope Nariko never hits the PSN. Otherwise I wouldn’t have had a reason to preorder.

soup4n said:

January 22nd, 9:41 am

little big awsome!

Gustavo_B said:

January 22nd, 9:48 am

great news!

But I would like to read something about a Killzone 2 pack (some news levels please!!) and a custom soundtrack feature would be great.

Neil said:

January 22nd, 9:50 am

Toro costume? Toro costume! Hell yes Toro costume! THANK YOU!

Exion75 said:

January 22nd, 9:56 am

@ 89
As someone that pre-ordered,I was actually hoping for the 2 “bonus sets” to come to the PSN. If it were just one set maybe I’d agree with you,but I have all DLC available except Nariko. If they were to only release the Kratos set and not the Nariko set,it wouldn’t be fair to everyone that got Kratos instead of Nariko.

jazzyrider said:

January 22nd, 9:59 am

The Chinese New Year’s outfits look great!

Fallen_Shadow94 said:

January 22nd, 10:00 am

i hope they release a heavenly sword costume not fair considering they said that the would never release the kratos costume for sale so its only fair for those that preordered from gamestop

bravo-man said:

January 22nd, 10:09 am

Please would like to see God of war level come back any one els.

SpyroLuver88 said:

January 22nd, 10:13 am

I have to say that I agree with those who pre-ordered. The GOW and Nariko should be kept exclusive. It is true that they were free with reserves but the bonus was actually that the costumes were unavailable except to those who plunked their money down early and had faith that LBP would live up to the hype.

And on another note…where is the merchandise? I want a plushie! Please?

SpyroLuver88 said:

January 22nd, 10:15 am

Oh and I meant to say that the Valentines Day sack is adorable;)

Kamahl_rg said:

January 22nd, 10:17 am

nice… i wanted the god of war stuff…

btw, since i linked my PSN to my forum account i cant stay logged in to the site, and everytime i come i have to login again, is it just me or thats how the site is?

jimmy903 said:

January 22nd, 10:21 am

I love the holiday themes, keep those coming. Also any chance we can get the Heavenly Sword pack. I pre ordered from GameStop so I have the GoW one already. -40cal