PlayStation VR

Feb 02

Feb 02

Resident Evil 5 demo live on PSN today

Shawn Baxter's Avatar Posted by Capcom

Hey everyone, I’m Shawn Baxter (Snow) from Capcom-Unity. Our amazing Resident Evil 5 Demo goes live today on PSN, so I thought I’d tease you a bit with some of the cool things to expect, whether you’re an old fan or new to the series. One of the first things I noticed is how good the game looks. It’s hard to get by the beauty RE5 has to offer. Better still, you get to play through two beautiful stages in the demo. Aside from the sweet graphics, there’s plenty more that the demo has to offer.

shot0080-00000

For those new to the series, the controls can seem a bit different than you may expect. The RE brand has always forced you to take your time, stop while shooting, and conserve your ammo. It really helps add a sense of tension a normal shooter can’t offer. But to help those who are new to the world of RE, we have new control types that ease things up a bit. My favorite is Type A, which is probably best if you’re a fan of the previous games, especially RE4. Next on my list is Type D, which I find myself loving more and more. Type D is best if you’re new to the game, and it offers something the others don’t… Strafing! May seem like a simple thing, but in a game as tense as RE5, it can really help in those situations where you have little time to react.

Alright, so I’m sure you’ll love the graphics and controls, but there’s something even better that the Resident Evil 5 demo has to offer: Co-op. Best part is, you can play co-op online over the PSN, or even split-screen for some couch co-op. Now, of course you can play single player, but nothing beats actually playing through with someone who can plan and strategize with you. For an RE game, the fact that I can play with a buddy adds a whole new level of fun. Nothing like getting into a swarm of Majini, and having your partner shoot a few in the face so you can uppercut or flip-kick one of them!

sheva0073-00000 for_gd0041_2-00000

Once you’ve played through the demo, you may want to try taking on the Executioner (huge axe-guy) with a buddy. The first time you play through the demo, run! He is extremely tough. But once you get comfortable with the game and controls, try and bring him down. I’ve tried, and he is extremely hard, but it is indeed possible to kill him, so don’t give up.

Oh, and a quick tip I’ve found is to aim for the heads on the Majini so they stagger back. Chest shots work, but one shot to the head means only one bullet expended, then push Square to pull off one of the crazy powerful melee attacks. If you get them to fall on the ground, run up to him and stomp ’em with your boot or stab with the knife if you’re playing as Sheva!

February 2nd is just around the corner, so add me to your friends list, and I’ll catch you online for some co-op Majini butt-kickin’! PSN ID: Snow_Infernus

See you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 12

Netweb said:

February 2nd, 8:05 am

Ho Yeah!
Terror is comming to my PS3 :D

5 GB to install? That sucks… were can i find info about change my hard drive?

Big_Hawk97 said:

February 2nd, 8:08 am

This week just got a whole lot better…that’s some pretty bad grammer but I don’t care! RE5!

Ramage said:

February 2nd, 8:08 am

suhweet

oh yeah and about that 5GB install…what’s with that? Just to clear up too, once the game is completed and we aren’t intending to get back to it soon that install can be safely removed w/out hampering save files or anything…we’ll just have to re-install in order to play later correct?

psi_enzyme said:

February 2nd, 8:09 am

i love it!

been waiting for this game for a long while.

SeanScythe said:

February 2nd, 8:11 am

@ Ramage
Yeah you can remove game files, I do it all the time. MGS4, Oblivion, Haze and others. The save files and game files are in two different folders under the game menu.

Hayabusa7l8 said:

February 2nd, 8:11 am

hellz yeah!!!! RE 4 life

Scodo_Thope said:

February 2nd, 8:14 am

Wait a minute! I woke up thinking it is Monday but from what I am reading here, it MUST be Thursday????

Can we expect more NON-Thursday PSN updates??

RE5 looks awesome, by the way.

What day is it?

:P

Capt-Fury- said:

February 2nd, 8:15 am

thanks for the heads up Shawn!

eksMAN said:

February 2nd, 8:15 am

awesome!!!!

Wigga3 said:

February 2nd, 8:16 am

RE5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHater2 said:

February 2nd, 8:17 am

Why do this game require a 5GB mandatory install? Didn’t Capcom stated that all their games release on the PS3 starting this year will not require 5GB mandatory installs. So how come this game require mandatory install?

Hatebreed13 said:

February 2nd, 8:17 am

SWEEEEEEEEET!

Stoffinator said:

February 2nd, 8:17 am

Yaaaay we only get it a week plus after 360. Thanks to deep pockets. ;-]

Anyway, really didn’t care for the demo. Game looks awesome, but plays like crap. A.I was horrible, controls were slow and clunky.

ExtensaQ said:

February 2nd, 8:19 am

I really enjoyed demo, i’m going to but this game on march :D thanks for the update! :)

LINKO18-1990 said:

February 2nd, 8:19 am

wow cool i’ve been looking foward to this , i just hope it will be better than RE4 or Dead space.

LINKO18-1990 said:

February 2nd, 8:20 am

oh i forgot i just got my 666th trophy lol

Ramage said:

February 2nd, 8:20 am

@TheHater2

I’m assuming most of the developement for this game was done last year…so maybe they meant games that are currently being developed in this year…or possibly by next ‘year’ they meant fiscal year and not calendar year. Capcom has also not delivered on their trophy promises to Bionic Commando and I’m pretty sure SSFTTHD doesn’t have trophies yet either (could be wrong) and they said they’d be coming to that game to.

I still love their games, but I don’t trust Capcoms promises much anymore.

jstev said:

February 2nd, 8:20 am

SWEET THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!!!! This Game is so AMAZING !! I Can’t Wait

Kioni said:

February 2nd, 8:21 am

Kudos on arranging a Monday update for this demo!! I’ll def be checking it out… Keep up the hard work Capcom-Unity!! Shall we expect a change-up on the release dates for demos?! Monday IS the new Thursday!

jstev said:

February 2nd, 8:21 am

The CO-Op Feature is a definite PLUS+

Raacky said:

February 2nd, 8:22 am

sweet, i will be downloading this immediately, hopefully its available now? nice co op mode, be sure to add some add ons or other online features, maybe offline as well!! Oh yeah, wheres the Age of Booty trophies?! been waiting for them, already got the game, how bout some updates to that as well!! capcom is sweet

mixedkidbx said:

February 2nd, 8:23 am

cool

VincentVendetta said:

February 2nd, 8:23 am

TODAY! REALLY!

TheHater2 said:

February 2nd, 8:24 am

@Ramage
Street Fighter IV will have a 5GB install, but it is’t mandatory. You can install it if you want. So I don’t see why they couldn’t do the same.

adolson said:

February 2nd, 8:25 am

Feb 2nd isn’t just around the corner – it’s right now!

Kane22_ said:

February 2nd, 8:28 am

Man i’ve been looking forward to this demo for awhile now. Today RE5 demo & the thursday KZ2 demo man i love this week:)

BiezulbubBill69 said:

February 2nd, 8:28 am

I downloaded this demo last night from the Japanese PSN store. I thought it was alright. But I’m not too into the RE games. I think the last one I played was the original Resident Evil 1 game on the Sega Saturn! LOL. Anyways, I’m not liking how you can’t WALK while aiming! What is up with that boocrap!?!

ne4ious said:

February 2nd, 8:29 am

i’m there dude!

TheHater2 said:

February 2nd, 8:30 am

@Ramage
I don’t trust anything Capcom says. They stated that they will be going multiplatform but PS3 gamers have yet to get any kind of fair treatment from them. According to Famitsu both Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2 will be coming to the PS3. But the xbox 360 will be getting “some special goodies exclusive to the 360 version, in order to show it’s good will towards the console”. Once again PS3 owners get screw by Capcom. Where is the “special goodies” for Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 for the PS3 since those games started on the Playstation brand?

Kane22_ said:

February 2nd, 8:31 am

by the way speaking of capcom were are the bionic commando rearmed trophies at it’s been almost 5 months & no news for trophies for this game yet still.

kolobear said:

February 2nd, 8:32 am

Awsome! I thought the demo would come with the normal Thursday releases. I’ll actually be able to download this from PSN before I can download from XBL because I only have a Silver membership on XBL.

Now I just need to find a cheap, but good quality bluetooth headset for communicating in multiplayer games.

Thanks Capcom and Sony!

SillyHatMafia said:

February 2nd, 8:33 am

“…you to take your time, stop while shooting, and conserve your ammo”

THIS is why I cant stand Resident Evil. That is a flat out BS excuse. Look at Dead Space. You can move and shoot in that, and that is still scary as hell! I flat out REFUSE to spend $60 to get a game to clunky to be action, and to update to bre Resident Evil! It TRIES to be action, but due to the HORRIBLE controls, it doesnt make a good action game.

Letters2Kay said:

February 2nd, 8:35 am

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAT!!!???

I’m so excited! You just made my week, Shawn. Can’t wait for the new game- Collector’s Edition, FTW!

OverlordSpike said:

February 2nd, 8:35 am

friend request sent!..i’d love to play RE5 with you :)

Gorvi said:

February 2nd, 8:36 am

For some reason I thought this wasn’t going to be up til Thursday, but it’s good to see it now. I know I’ve been hearing a lot of complaining from the 360 version, it’ll be nice to see for myself whether or not all of that has been justified or not.

NickDude said:

February 2nd, 8:36 am

just downloaded off the uk psn, the graphics are nice and it has a good amount of tension, but i miss the suitcase inventory fro RE4 :(

Ti_dus said:

February 2nd, 8:37 am

5GB? Too much 4 me. Sorry.

MegaClank said:

February 2nd, 8:40 am

Today or Thursday?

Ti_dus said:

February 2nd, 8:41 am

2day!!! :) It’s already up, check EU store ;)

Letters2Kay said:

February 2nd, 8:43 am

Just a heads-up for everyone:

“Resident Evil 5 requires a 5GB install”

I’m already out of room on my 60 GB- I’ve been deleting old game installs to put new ones on and all my video content is on a removeable HD (sloppy) but my taxes are already filed, so I’ll be upgrading HUGE before it hits. I’ll have to delete something to install the demo today, though- it’s almost 1 GB, which means I’ll need about 2 GB for the demo installation…

Tax Return – $120 500GB HD = Pure Happiness

kentfallskiller said:

February 2nd, 8:43 am

GANGSTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TheHater2 said:

February 2nd, 8:45 am

Ok here is my verdict on this game. After playing this game and Dead Space. I must say, Dead Space is a far superior game. The only thing that is going for this game is it name. You take away the name and you will notice how the reviews will change for this game. People will just be buying this game because it is RE, but not because of the quality. If anyone is look for a great horror game get Siren or Dead Space. Those two games are a lot scarier and is better overall.

Letters2Kay said:

February 2nd, 8:45 am

It’s already up on the US Store, as well! I thought I’d be waiting until 5 o’clock!!! :D

SillyHatMafia said:

February 2nd, 8:46 am

TheHater2:

I agree with you completly man

acmilanboy said:

February 2nd, 8:49 am

thanks for the delay capcom, some balls to actually post here in goody two shoes. Oh yeah, the game better not have more than 4 GB mandatory install!

Stoffinator said:

February 2nd, 8:49 am

@41

I agree as well. The game is really broken with its current controls and if it was any other series it would of failed in its reviews. I was excited for this game when it was shown years back, hoping Capcom would ditch the god awful controls once and for all. Instead, they changed the series to none zombies and made the controls just as bad.

talleyc said:

February 2nd, 8:49 am

I’m going home during my lunch break to start this download! I can’t wait!!

TheHater2 said:

February 2nd, 8:51 am

@acmilanboy
have you not being reading the comment posted? This game have a 5GB mandatory install.

SillyHatMafia said:

February 2nd, 8:53 am

What makes the contrls even worse now is how some of the bad guy srush you. Makes it all the more clunky

Ftwrthtx said:

February 2nd, 8:58 am

Thanks for not maikng us wait til Thursday!

PAGE 1 2 3 12