God of War

Feb 20

Feb 20

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone. Here’s your weekly update of the new movies and TV shows available on PlayStation Network. Have a great weekend!

This week we’ve added the following new HD videos:

HD

• American East
  • Igor
  • Body of Lies
  • Saw V
  • Saw V (Unrated)
  • Baghead
  • Strangers on a Train
  • The Missing
  • Pineapple Express
  • The Wackness

And the following feature films:

Movies:

• Body of Lies
  • Choke
  • Dead Like Me
  • I Served the King of England
  • Quarantine
  • Religulous
  • Screamers 2: The Hunting
  • Still Waiting (Unrated)
  • The Midnight Meat Train
  • Krull
  • Lara Croft: the Cradle of Life
  • Never Been Kissed
  • Office Space
  • Our Lady of the Assassins
  • Strangers on a Train
  • The Abyss (Special Edition)
  • The Clearing
  • The Legend of Hell House
  • The Missing
  • The People vs. Larry Flynt
  • The Score
  • The Three Musketeers
  • There’s Something About Mary
  • Thief of Hearts
  • Whiteboys

And new video content from the following television series:

TV

• How’s Your News? | Season 1
  • MTV’s Nitro Circus | Season 1
  • Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory | Season 1
  • The Simpsons | Season 20
  • The Unit | Season 4
  • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles | Season 2

And finally, here are our top 10 HD and non-HD movie and TV downloads for the week:

Top Movies

1. My Best Friend’s Girl (Unrated)
    2. Body of Lies

Top HD Movies

1. Eagle Eye
    2. Body of Lies
    3. Righteous Kill
    4. Pride and Glory
    5. Hit and Run
    6. My Best Friend’s Girl (Unrated)
    7. College (Unrated)
    8. RocknRolla
    9. Step Brothers
    10. Resident Evil: Degeneration

Top TV Episodes

1. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter Eleven”
    2. Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory Season 1 “Blob, Super Blob”
    3. MTV’s Nitro Circus Season 1 “Pastranaland”
    4. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter One”
    5. MTV’s Nitro Circus Season 1 “Launch Special”
    6. Chappelle’s Show Season 2 “Chappelle’s Show 204”
    7. Family Guy Season 7 “The Man With Two Brians”
    8. Comedy Central Presents: Stand-Up Season 1 “Dane Cook”
    9. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter Two”
    10. Comedy Central Presents: Stand-Up Season 1 “Mitch Hedberg”

Top HD TV Episodes

1. 24 Season 7 “Day: 3:00PM – 4:00PM”
    2. Burn Notice Season 2 “Bad Breaks”
    3. American Dad Season 4 “Stan Time”
    4. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 2:00PM – 3:00PM”
    5. Season of Anarchy Season 1 “Better Half”
    6. Season of Anarchy Season 1 “Pilot”
    7. Season of Anarchy Season 1 “Giving Back”
    8. 24 Season 7 “Day 7 8:00AM – 9:00AM”
    9. The Beast Season 1 “The Bitsy Big-Boy Boomeroo”
    10. Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2 “The Great Rock and the Girl”

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

terrabliss said:

February 20th, 6:06 am

Sounds good, any chances of gettin IFC to join up so we can have The Whitest Kid’s U Know in HD? That would be so awesome.

almighty-slayer said:

February 20th, 6:10 am

I’m so envious of you Americans…There are at least 5 movies on there that i would pay for if we had one of these Stores in Europe

smpily said:

February 20th, 6:14 am

Sounds Good can we assume there will be a drastically reduced video inventory when the videos store finally hits Canada.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 20th, 6:16 am

You know you guys would really compete with itunes if all movies were at $9.99 and allowed more than 1 download.

Debille said:

February 20th, 6:18 am

No store here so 1/5 .

btz said:

February 20th, 6:27 am

No store here so 1/5 .

WillAllon said:

February 20th, 6:32 am

terrabliss said:

February 20th, 6:36 am

Ramage said:

February 20th, 6:38 am

What can we expect from Xam’d now that the season is over? Perhaps a full retail blu-ray release?

btz said:

February 20th, 6:39 am

“So just cause you don’t get the video store where you live you give this a 1/5? Grow up.”

No because they dont even say a single word about it.

almighty-slayer said:

February 20th, 6:40 am

@8

Video store is IP locked to the US

btz said:

February 20th, 6:40 am

“And you guys could just create a US account and look at it all you want. I’m not sure how the transactioning process would work but I’d try with a credit card”
Nope, I think this only works for games (not 100% sure though)

TheHater2 said:

February 20th, 6:42 am

Where is GametrailersTV? Wasn’t that suppose to be on the video store today?

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 20th, 6:49 am

1/5 also…

Not because of lack of Canada..I ‘get’ the issue there…but because the re-download restrictions are in dire need of a revamp.

Address the issue Grace…just say whether it is being looked at or not…you don’t have to committ to anything other than acknowledging that you ‘hear’ your customers.

smokey_vols said:

February 20th, 6:53 am

@5, @6

blog.US.playstation.com this website is the Playstation Blog for the United States. I understand your frustration with not having a video store, I would be too. You don’t need to come here and rate posts 1/5 though because this is the US blog. Eventually you will have a video store. I hope it’s sooner rather than later for everyone. Come on Sony, get this service to everyone!

Ramage said:

February 20th, 7:02 am

For all you rating 1/5 because you don’t get the content…

That’s exactly like rating Superman’s powers 1/5 because you’re just upset you don’t have any. Like people have said a million times before…don’t complain on the US blog, find your own territory reps and communicate the issue to them.

btz said:

February 20th, 7:02 am

“You don’t need to come here and rate posts 1/5 though because this is the US blog”

Welcome to the internet.

But thanks for your nice words :-)

evildude683 said:

February 20th, 7:04 am

Cool some new stuff in HD. keep the good stuff :)

btz said:

February 20th, 7:08 am

“That’s exactly like rating Superman’s powers 1/5 because you’re just upset you don’t have any. ”

Your post: 5/5! lol

Watchmann said:

February 20th, 7:10 am

@15 & 16

FYI, the Canadian playstation site sucks. There is no blog, and little in the way of timely news updates. In short, it’s a waste of time and bandwidth. Generally speaking, Canada is part of the North American region, so much of what we get is in sync with our US neighbours, with some exceptions (notably the Video Store, therefore, kspraydad’s comments are entirely warranted).

I will also be rating this a 1/5. Again, I agree with Kspraydad– a short and simple “we’re working on it” would suffice at this point in regards to bringing this to Canada. I’m left to assume that it IS coming to Canada at some point, otherwise we’d hear (or ought to) from a Sony Rep: “Sorry, but it’s not happening.”

morris1129 said:

February 20th, 7:11 am

Why do people from canada and europe complain so much???

btz said:

February 20th, 7:19 am

“Why do people from canada and europe complain so much???”

Because I love Sony and if they dont hurry up everbody will have a video store except for sony and it will be as successfull as their connect music portal (=total failure).

Ramage said:

February 20th, 7:20 am

@20
I get it you’re upset you don’t have a video store and haven’t heard anything and are in some kind of mental limbo about whether to be upset or anxious over the arrival.

But coming here and rating 1/5 tells the people who work on THIS site that the videos they are pushing onto the storefront are NOT what we want. I like the volume and quality of titles being released on a week to week basis so I vote 5/5 based on the content they are delivering. Don’t make them think they aren’t doing their jobs right or that they are out of touch with the playstation community in the US because your territory doesn’t have a blog or any decent means to get your voice heard.

Complain here all you want about having no video storefront and no blog but don’t vote down the blog. Vote on the content they’re delivering, not where they are delivering it.

morris1129 said:

February 20th, 7:21 am

@22

???

smokey_vols said:

February 20th, 7:25 am

@17

Ok, good luck getting any video store in your territory by coming to the UNITED STATES Blog and complaining about it. Catch my drift?

StalkingSilence said:

February 20th, 7:30 am

Would be cool if Skate 2 DLC purchasers unlocked an episode of the Rob Dyrdek show. Can we start to implement these kinds of cross-media unlocks?

Also, thanks for Office Space! It’s actually one of the few movies I have on UMD, but that’s a great addition to the store! I’ll get it if I ever lose my disc.

TheGodSend said:

February 20th, 7:31 am

that is a lot of movies, lol. keep it coming!!!

IGLOO05 said:

February 20th, 7:39 am

Nice update this week. I was surprise to see the whole SG1 season up there, loved that show! Be sure to keep adding new episodes for Fringe and add Dollhouse.

Now back to; “we want the video store here in(insert country/region)” convo. This blog must take notice of it right Jeff?

KillerBread said:

February 20th, 7:41 am

is this on the uk store?

zombie9 said:

February 20th, 7:46 am

If you don’t like the country your in get out!!! NOW!!!

thunder_storm_07 said:

February 20th, 7:49 am

1/5

Update – yawn.

US blog users – give us a Canadian blog then.

Sony – Give us a Canadian store.

End of.

askee360 said:

February 20th, 7:51 am

Religulous, a must have.

Letters2Kay said:

February 20th, 8:04 am

I have “Midnight Meat Train” on Blu-ray on its way from Amazon. I can’t wait to see this excellent Clive Barker story translated to the screen. I hear it’s very good- so this is torture for me now that it’s up on PSN. Just a few more days… hang in there… :S

AwRy108 said:

February 20th, 8:13 am

DRM issue worked out yet? I want to be able to link my purchases to my PSN account so I can re-download content I paid to own. Otherwise, pass.

LUGIEZ said:

February 20th, 8:21 am

…Midnight Meat Train?? is that allowed?

r-nice said:

February 20th, 8:38 am

I wonder if some of the people on here who complain about not having the store would even use it…

Craazy said:

February 20th, 8:39 am

Why cant we buy the HD movies instead of just rent?

Destiny89 said:

February 20th, 8:44 am

a Canada store come on guys .. dont you guys need any money from us Canadians? :(

jedi_webslinger said:

February 20th, 8:50 am

@ 36 I would use it. But i don’t complain that much about it. I know it can take a long time. I think Microsoft had the same problem bringing it to Canada but i’m not sure if it were the same reasons.

Enforcer_X said:

February 20th, 9:04 am

Have to make the content more accessible and better than alternative sources.

I can download files around the same size as the video store, yet they are DRM free, 1080p and 5.1 Surround Sound, AND they play from my PS3!

mikedo2007 said:

February 20th, 9:13 am

Intresting video update. Now can we get Manswers and 1000 ways to die, what about CSI(Miami and NY also) and Law & Order (SVU also). To all the people complaining about the video store not coming to Canada. Calm down, I’m sure there is a perfectly logical explanation for it. I think SCEA is working to bring that to Canada.

lcmnick said:

February 20th, 9:48 am

I just checked out the PlayStation Canada site…wow, it is a waste of time! It’s even worse than the UK PlayStation site, and that’s saying something!

The video service is coming to Europe by the end of this year according to Sony Europe.

Xbox Live has a video marketplace in part of Europe and Canada, so why can’t Sony when it even owns a movie and pictures studio?

That’s why Europeans and Canadians “complain so much”.

BoneOfWorld said:

February 20th, 10:07 am

Good update, Grace, keep them coming. : )

One question. Do some movies and TV shows have a time limit that they are available on the Store, and will get pulled at some time? Or does all the content stay available indefinitely?

zAppr said:

February 20th, 10:23 am

europe is waiting…

Watchmann said:

February 20th, 10:26 am

@20

Method of delivery is just as valid an area of criticism as content. I also don’t believe that my comments have in any way denigrated the work of the Sony ppls who comment on this blog.

smilton said:

February 20th, 10:34 am

I totally forgot the Dead Like Me movie was coming out! I might give this a rent in HD if I’m feeling especially frivolous.

Debille said:

February 20th, 10:39 am

@7 Scr#$ you

@8 We cannot buy any thing outside Canada cuz SONY dont allow other country cards

lakaiHIGH said:

February 20th, 11:01 am

think ill go check out the Abyss. haven’t seen that movie in years!

thanks,
Lh

triple_lei said:

February 20th, 11:28 am

Wow, I might just get Religulous after all!

(DESPITE the “one-time download” policy…)

Elsa said:

February 20th, 11:53 am

… with Canada, and now Latin America following the Playstation Blog… I will respectfully suggest (yet again!!!) that you clarify this weekly post by simply adding in two initials “U.S.”… these are the movies and TV shows now available in the U.S. Playstation store!!
(unless your Canadian Playstation store is different from mine???)

… the U.S. is NOT the entire world.

PAGE 1 2