Overwatch

Feb 27

Feb 27

Killzone 2 out today! Guerrilla Games thanks you.

Hermen Hulst's Avatar Posted by Managing Director, Guerrilla Games

Hey Everyone,

Here at Guerrilla headquarters we have been eagerly anticipating the launch of the Killzone 2. Today is that day. It is a fantastic occasion where we finally put the game in the hands of the people who have been so very supportive and vocal about the game all this time. Thank you for your support! We really hope you will enjoy your time with the game and are looking forward to joining you in online matches. If you see anyone with a ‘GG’ in front of their names, go easy. It’s us.

Hermen Hulst
Managing Director Guerrilla

Killzone2-Packfront

Add Your Own

Thrasher20 said:

February 27th, 2:06 pm

I got my copy!!!!! Yayuh!

afrosheen said:

February 27th, 2:11 pm

I got it home and didn’t play it right away because I wanted to savor it. When I was good and ready I fired it up…and was blown away.

Most incredible sound and visuals I’ve ever experienced in a game. It really feels like you’re on the wrong end of a war. If you don’t have a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system, do yourself a favor and invest in one for this game. Also KZ2 appears to be really pushing the PS3 hard with my 60GB fan’s going full speed in a cool room.

I played through a few levels and turned it off. Yes, I’m going to make the SP campaign last by playing it in pieces like I did with MGS4. I’m not touching MP until I finish the campaign. This game really is a huge achievement, and it needs to be appreciated. Even the “credits” option from the menu is incredible.

11/10. Also, for you CoD4 nuts, go ahead and rush in every scene. You will die. Alot.

gamestopper09 said:

February 27th, 2:11 pm

Good job!!!! I got the game today.

AceOfSpades725 said:

February 27th, 2:14 pm

Still waiting for my copy to be delivered! I can’t wait! :D

lilbuddy said:

February 27th, 2:15 pm

Great so far.

JBruno said:

February 27th, 2:19 pm

Well done Guerilla, mission accomplished!

TwinDad said:

February 27th, 2:22 pm

Sony, you need to moderate the blog. There is an AD in my Blog.

(Suppose despite the blatant sales pitch hear, thank you Guerilla, for developing a well made game)

GGCAN said:

February 27th, 2:23 pm

Thanks Hermen.

Keep up the great work !

IIIKAGEIII said:

February 27th, 2:25 pm

i have been playing this for the last 3 days. it is a solid game. been spending most time on multiplayer but the single player is solid as hell. best ai i have ever seen.

llucariny said:

February 27th, 2:26 pm

Gratz dudes! Game looks awesome and better than I expected!

Movistar_GSX said:

February 27th, 2:26 pm

Played through the first four levels then jumped into MP and I’m loving every second.

Congratulations on the launch! Oh, and a big THANK YOU! to everyone over at GG.

ADR143 said:

February 27th, 2:29 pm

whoa! getting it now!

CRAWDADDYDOLLARS said:

February 27th, 2:32 pm

NOT THAT GREAT ONLINE. MIGHT ASWELL PLAY UNREAL TOURNAMENT. BOTS AND IT IS JUST NOT UP TO THE HYPE. NO LAG SO FAR GOOD. GRAPHICS GREAT BUT STILL COME ON. HOLLA FOR ADOLLA

len1978 said:

February 27th, 2:35 pm

Just got my copy, Good work guys great game.

sedateinfect said:

February 27th, 2:38 pm

no, THANK YOU!

best game i’ve played in a long time

neosimkin said:

February 27th, 2:39 pm

Man … the game is sitting on my desk at work waiting for me to clock out … can’t wait!

Neil said:

February 27th, 2:39 pm

I’ve been playing it at work. Best shooter I’ve played in awhile.

CRAWDADDYDOLLARS said:

February 27th, 2:43 pm

OH YEA HOW DO U MAKE A CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK AND U CANT USE THE KILLZONE.COM JUST A BLEMISH I GUESS LOL. HOLLA FOR A DOLLA

Snake--Eyez said:

February 27th, 2:43 pm

awesome games GG, but please think about adding a party system

WFMMK said:

February 27th, 2:48 pm

You guys are awesome. Love your game, get to your holiday. You deserved it!

rhinosaur75 said:

February 27th, 2:54 pm

Went to BB at lunch and bought mine. Can’t wait to get off work! It’s going to be a loooong weekend.

Berae said:

February 27th, 3:13 pm

i bought it this morning but didnt play it yet, cant wait! it looks amazing

Guanuma said:

February 27th, 3:13 pm

Thank you GG for making this game possible.
Killzone 2 the game that made me buy a ps3 few years ago.

Midgetguy said:

February 27th, 3:16 pm

I have yet to pick up my pre-ordered copy… But, I am looking EXTREMELY forward to playing it!

I played the online beta, and me and my cousin stayed up until 7:00 A.M. taking turns on it! (Yeah, we were THAT hooked) I didn’t really like the single player demo though, I thought that the level they “showed off” was boring, un-eventful, and short, BUT from what I’ve seen in other videos and stuff, the rest of the single player experience truly is breathtaking! I’m going to be plaing single player and online for a while once I get this game, because (especially with the beta) I am now officially addicted!

JayD-1K said:

February 27th, 3:25 pm

this games look amazing! can’t wait to get into some MP!

possumwilly said:

February 27th, 3:26 pm

This game is incredible. I had faith in you guys from the very beginning! Thank you for all your combined efforts and hard work in delivering us such a great game, especially under all the hype and pressure from the gaming community, which is constantly full of cynicism.

This is one of the best “CRAFTED” games i’ve ever played. Thank you so much!!

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 27th, 3:27 pm

no no thank you

phinnv8 said:

February 27th, 3:30 pm

Got the game today, seems pretty fun. But I must say I’m REALLY disapointed with the controls. It’s very hard to aim online and it’s just a cluster F. Battlefield Bad Company is still WAAAAY more fun and although I’ll certainly be giving this game plenty of time to see if I can adapt I really don’t even want to. Initial impressions are: awesome graphics, sounds. BAD controls.

neorudemovement said:

February 27th, 3:33 pm

i got mine today at lunch. played a couple online rounds and did a little of the sigle player campaign. looks good people!

i even took off work to mess with this all day and night. :)

cnn93 said:

February 27th, 3:37 pm

dam, i need a ride noW!!!

SpeedRacer1955 said:

February 27th, 3:45 pm

Thanks GG guys I downloaded your demo and like the looks of the game, it is a lot better than the other space combat game out there… more realistic.

I hope to pick up a copy of the full game to have a disc version handy…

Enigma777 said:

February 27th, 3:52 pm

Orgasmic!

supersaiyan500 said:

February 27th, 3:52 pm

Man, I just wished I had &60.00 plus the tax to pay for it. And what’s worst I can’t keep up with all these new games coming out due to the Financial Crisis and Credit Crisis

Nsho said:

February 27th, 3:53 pm

I’m going out to buy it RIGHT NOW!!!!

quiomar01 said:

February 27th, 3:54 pm

got off work, stopped by my local gaming store and picked up the game. Heck, I even picked up liberation while I was at it.

ixnine said:

February 27th, 3:55 pm

I took my 15 minute break this morning just so I can run to Best Buy and pick up this game. I don’t need to wait to play once I’m off work. …and no, my manager doesn’t know I’m spending my work time here at the PlayStation blog on my iPhone. :)

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

February 27th, 4:01 pm

No, No, GG. Thank you for delivering this awesome game. I only wish I could get it right away ;.;

SillyHatMafia said:

February 27th, 4:02 pm

Its amazing, good job

Deviation said:

February 27th, 4:05 pm

Killzone 2 has an unacceptable deadzone on the right analog stick while aiming when playing the single player game. This absolutely must be addressed in a patch – and *FAST*.

The game is already getting a reputation for poor controls and controller lag all because of the ridiculous deadzone that is present.

Fix it!

srewbacca said:

February 27th, 4:13 pm

I picked up this game today and it’s excellent! Thanks you!

mckg123456789 said:

February 27th, 4:14 pm

I NEED TO GET IT BUT NO MONEY UNTIL TUES ill be playing the demo until then :( KZ2 FTW!! :D

enkill said:

February 27th, 4:21 pm

Just got back from work with my copy, cant wait to play the full version, was in the beta, but now i got the real gem, THANKS TO YOU GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enkill said:

February 27th, 4:22 pm

@139: They cant fix something that is NOT broken….

jimmy903 said:

February 27th, 4:23 pm

@ Hermen,

Any ideas about when or if we will see more/new maps for the multi player.

With out a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. I am not done with the campaign but it is already starting to take the spot of Metal Gear Solid 4 as my favorite game yet.

You guys and gals at Guerrilla have out done the entire industry with this one. Thanks for the 4 years of hard work.

jipmg said:

February 27th, 4:25 pm

Guys please bring killzone liberation to the PS STORE

and your welcome, I just bought KILLZONE 2

CrusherX said:

February 27th, 4:34 pm

I got this 2 days ago since I’m in NZ. :) Loving it, GG!

Skier1017 said:

February 27th, 4:38 pm

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHard said:

February 27th, 4:41 pm

Multiplayer is sick… love the game guys. If you don’t get props for this game there someones smoking some good [DELETED]! !

TRIX_BOL said:

February 27th, 4:46 pm

We also thank you Guerrilla Games. Althought we hold our breaths, finally our dreams happened. Which was to have Killzone 2 in our hands thanks to all of you. Beside, you guys did an awesome job in Killzone 2.

You all added and gave your fans every single detail they expected from any other shooter game. However, we wish you guys to have a beautiful and nice vacation after an great machine game. Because “i guess” that sice you guys started developing the game, there was no vacation for anybody at Guerrilla Games.

Thank you very much; Hermen Hulst and Arjan Brussee, Jeff R. Chris M. and TJ C. (for heads up), Victor Z, Geert D, JB, Seb D, Mark V, Steven Ter H, and for last but not least everybody at Guerrilla Games, SCEE, and SCEA.

H3kzgh0N said:

February 27th, 4:48 pm

For those who have played the retail version of KZ2, how is the controller input lag? I was watching vidz from YouTube of people getting ~5 secs of delay on the KZ2 demo. I am able to replicate the results myself on the demo. I wonder if it’s different for the retail version. Shout out to anyone who can test this!

gg from GG!