Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 10

Mar 10

Metal Gear Online – SCENE Expansion Pre-Order Begins

Brandon Laurino's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, Dust 514

Hello all – Starting later today, you will be able to pre-order the Metal Gear Online SCENE Expansion pack! You can purchase SCENE separately for $9.99, a bundle with the second MGO Expansion pack, MEME, for $14.99, or get all three Expansion packs, GENE, MEME, and, SCENE for just $17.99 through Metal Gear Online’s in-game shop and Konami’s shop. If you buy a bundle pack that includes MEME and/or GENE, they will be available immediately, and SCENE will become available on the release date, March 17, 2009. All can be purchased using the PlayStation Network Wallet and PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods.

Metal Gear Online SCENE Expansion Screenshot Boxman

All players who pre-order SCENE will receive the special “cardboard man” head gear for free, so don’t wait to jump on these great deals!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

DTS_MAN said:

March 10th, 2:05 pm

Nice hat….can we get one of those for home? ;-)

ssp_619 said:

March 10th, 2:06 pm

2nd

DonnyG said:

March 10th, 2:06 pm

Pre-order DLC? Huh.

“Only one week left until SCENE is released, but there’s even more cool stuff yet to be revealed, so stay tuned!”

Trophies?

EkAJ666 said:

March 10th, 2:07 pm

Will trophies be included with this?

Zezzler said:

March 10th, 2:11 pm

Please Make this available from the PSN Store, ditch the Konami ID, and Add Trophies please. I know kojima has been looking into it, but i just want to nag.

Great to see how well MGO is doing. Please expand the interface to The PlayStation Store.

MK24ever said:

March 10th, 2:11 pm

I never gave MGO the play-time it deserved, the SP was so fulfilling that the Online was almost like an extra of an extra bónus.
The curious part is that I was in the BETA and I loved every minute of the Online, so maybe I should get back to it and take advantage of what looks to be good DLC.

BigBoss712 said:

March 10th, 2:17 pm

Keeping an eye on this, it does look great but please add “trophies” it will give me another reason to go back and play MGS4 again.

skynidas said:

March 10th, 2:18 pm

I would pre order this if you guys include trophy support.

cowboyd21 said:

March 10th, 2:18 pm

no trophies no buy . whenever you guys allow trophie then i will buy the game agin and DLC.

Volta1re said:

March 10th, 2:19 pm

Can’t wait for this! I do have a question though! It says the ‘pre-order’ runs through the 17th, and that use of the PSN wallet begins on the 17th. So, if I purchase SCENE on the 17th with my PSN wallet, does that mean I’ll still get the cool cardboard hat?? Please let me know! Thanks!

peevmyster said:

March 10th, 2:22 pm

Can’t you see what everyone wants here, trophies!

Neil said:

March 10th, 2:25 pm

Neato

MirThps said:

March 10th, 2:26 pm

Can we pre-oder via PSN store? I just added about 20 dollars to my wallet..

WarioLemieux said:

March 10th, 2:27 pm

Don’t care about trophies – just add the Beauty & Beast Corps in the next expansion ;). Also, I have the same question as Volta1re – could you please explain?? Thanks!

nuness1988 said:

March 10th, 2:27 pm

I could literally not care any less about this…well, that’s not particularly true since I did post this comment. Okay, I care…a little bit.

Arcturian said:

March 10th, 2:30 pm

Won’t that hat make it easier for enemies to get headshots on you?

Ftwrthtx said:

March 10th, 2:31 pm

If you want my money, give me some trophies. :-)

rAdIOhEad73 said:

March 10th, 2:32 pm

The official Metal Gear Online site say:

“Valid period: From 18:00 on March 10th 2009 through 09:00 on March 17th 2009”

What happened to the people like myself who pre-ordered early in the morning of today?
Do we qualify for the pre-order bonuses as well??

WarioLemieux said:

March 10th, 2:32 pm

If you want my money, sell RP in the MGO Store ;).

WarioLemieux said:

March 10th, 2:32 pm

@18

You’re fine. That’s 1800 JST (Japan Standard Time). So that would be about 5am EST.

ts23245 said:

March 10th, 2:36 pm

I wish they would provide a disc version of this expansion. I don’t feel like having to go out and buy PSN cards when I could just get the game and not dump money into my account.

rAdIOhEad73 said:

March 10th, 2:38 pm

@20 thanks for the clarification, that’s why I was kind of hoping…

OscarSeymourEsq said:

March 10th, 2:38 pm

I would like to add my name to the “Why on Earth do have to jump through all these damn hoops in order to play your game online” list.
Shift it over to the PSN please and you’ll have me as a customer.

OscarSeymourEsq said:

March 10th, 2:39 pm

I would like to add my name to the “Why on Earth do I have to jump through all these damn hoops in order to play your game online” list.
Shift it over to the PSN please and you’ll have me as a customer.

OscarSeymourEsq said:

March 10th, 2:39 pm

^ a point so good i had to post it twice : )

Poopypirate said:

March 10th, 2:46 pm

wow, is this all worth it ay?

BigPoppaB said:

March 10th, 2:46 pm

I am interested in buying the MGO packs.

But, in order to do this you need to allow us to play from our PSN account. If you cant do that, then add trophies and I’ll buy as a ‘thank you’.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

March 10th, 2:52 pm

Who’s the BOX HEAD? Solid Box? It’s not my PSP’s wallpaper. Yoink!

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

March 10th, 2:53 pm

Who’s the BOX HEAD? Solid Box? It’s now my PSP’s wallpaper. Yoink!

commedieu said:

March 10th, 2:54 pm

Stop crying about the dual logins. Its amazingly simple you children. Yea, annoying, but Konami clearly could care less, and enough people are playing that can manage to signup on their site.

Trophies is something that Konami should comment on t hough, MGS4 was huge. I was there at midnight launch.. I’ve beaten the game 4x without trophies, but that would be an extra perk

AND WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO INGAME MUSIC?!?!

Thrasher20 said:

March 10th, 2:56 pm

I hope you were prepared for the Trophy madness

We want trophies!

Anyways, nice expansion pack details! :D

Zookey said:

March 10th, 2:56 pm

How many times are we going to have to say it? Fix the sign in so we ONLY need a PSN ID and NOTHING more or this is a no-play.

Why should we have to go through torture to play an online game? Killzone sees no need in it. Resistance sees no need in it. R2 sees no need in it. Warhawk sees no need in it.

Why do you guys insist upon it?

I have asked nicely before, but it is becoming apparent that Konami’s approach is to send a press release to the blog and not monitor our input–I mean thanks for making one of the defining SINGLE PLAYER experiences on our console–for that we are grateful, but the multiplayer in MGS 4 is a joke only because of your **IDIOTIC** sign in system–I know, I was in the beta, I enjoyed the gameplay alot once I was able to actually sign into the game—unfortunately I forgot my sign in and i don’t want to bother making a new one—so seriously, fix your problem before making add ons.

EddyxMob said:

March 10th, 2:57 pm

Trophies?

Moosehole said:

March 10th, 2:57 pm

I could care less until you patch trophies into MGS4.

AmericanNinja1 said:

March 10th, 2:59 pm

Trophies please/PSN IDs please.

bushisprez said:

March 10th, 2:59 pm

TROPHIES! TROPHIES! TROPHIES! TROPHIES! TROPHIES! TROPHIES! TROPHIES! lolz

Thrasher20 said:

March 10th, 2:59 pm

I also want the Beauty & the Beast playable characters

gbpman630 said:

March 10th, 3:05 pm

Really? Pre-ordering DLC? Really Konami? You’re seriously ruining 2008’s GOTY. But money is what’s important today, or so I’ve heard. I will not be purchasing. I bought the GENE expansion and it didn’t take me a day to decide that it was a total waste of money. I paid $60 for the damn game. Whatever happened to developers caring about the games and not their pocketbooks?? This is why I have not played MGO since 2008. This pointless DLC is what’s ruining gaming. But I guess if you like having Konami’s [DELETED] in your mouth then you can go ahead and throw them so more money.

FoxGirl said:

March 10th, 3:07 pm

I CAN’T USE MY PSN WALLET??? WHY??????!!!

D-Squad3 said:

March 10th, 3:09 pm

Not buying until it goes to the PSN Store and we also need trophies!!!

headwing45 said:

March 10th, 3:14 pm

I don’t understand it, usually the reason a game wouldn’t put trophys is because here done with the game, but you guys are clearly working on DLC so why not give us trophys, I mean, even unreal tournament 3 is getting trophys come march 19th and that game is over a year old, people are still buying metal gear, its still a must gave for PS3, please put some trophys…

TakiFuGu said:

March 10th, 3:19 pm

You guys at Konami are very hard headed or you’re not reading the PS Blog. Make those changes so you can make some money.

1. Trophies (MGS4 & MGO)

2. Remove Konami log in IDs and use the official PSN IDs.

LOL, I’m beating a dead horse at this point! LMAO. Once these changes are done. I’ll buy every single MGO update.

Andrefpvs said:

March 10th, 3:20 pm

FoxGirl, you can.

FoxGirl said:

March 10th, 3:30 pm

How?? I just tried to pre-order it but I see no PSN wallet or paypal option there. Just credit card, and I’ll be damned if I use credit card, I don’t any and I refuse to keep ’em.

FoxGirl said:

March 10th, 3:35 pm

“”””
“”””

Gbpman630, are you effin’ serious?? ALMOST every game has DLCs, LBP has DLC costumes, SFIV has DLC material, GTAIV has DLC stuff, almost all games do and guess what? None of them are for free! It’s not just Konami who’s charging for it.

There are other more important things that people should be complaining about, this isn’t a valid complaint. Seriously.

Andrefpvs said:

March 10th, 3:39 pm

FoxGirl, I have never attempted to purchase any MGO expansion, but they stated last week that you could use the money from your PSN wallet starting from this expansion.

Stoffinator said:

March 10th, 3:39 pm

Sounds great, but until you guys start using PSN for play. forget it. ;-]

mexicansaint said:

March 10th, 3:48 pm

Hold on. Im a bit confused here. Will I be able to use my PSN Wallet on the 17th, or can I already do so right now (on the 10th)? I’ve checked at the MGO shop and the only payments I can make there are Credit Card or PayPal. Some help would be greatly appreciated, because I’m a bit confused.

Azira013 said:

March 10th, 3:52 pm

The hat reminds of the box on my head in LBP :-P

Misantropus said:

March 10th, 3:52 pm

Well, let’s go again, maybe if we repeat it thousands of times guys will understand:

1)Add trophies;
2) Get rid of the stupid Konami ID.

Until, then, sorry, no money from me too.

PAGE 1 2 3