God of War

Mar 13

Mar 13

Noby Noby Boy Update Coming

Keita Takahashi's Avatar Posted by Namco Bandai Games

Last month, Girl reached the moon.

Noby Noby Boy moon

I was filled with emotion when that happened because I was wondering if a lot of people were playing the game. And I am truly grateful for all those who have. Thank you all very much. Some of our own staff was also touched more than they had expected. With that said, the next goal, Mars, is still far away. It would take all the current players a while to reach Mars, so more people have to join in on the fun.

There have been many reviews/criticisms since Noby Noby Boy released. I totally understand as this is such a unique game and I expected those reactions. I don’t mean to make any excuses. That being said, I do get depressed from time to time as I want users to enjoy the game as much as possible. But at the same time, this is what I wanted to create.

In the hopes that more people can enjoy the game, we are currently working on an update.

A featured addition to the update is going to be offline multiplayer. Some may say, “Offline!?” But it’ll still be fun. Please check it out.

Well, it’s going to be quite a long journey to Mars. Please be patient. This is Takahashi.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Zezzler said:

March 13th, 6:41 pm

I really hope you continue with some great updates to Noby Noby Boy. please don’t get depressed, the game is loved by tons.

Something I would REALLY like to see is PlayStation Home integration. Like items unlockable from playing Noby Noby Boy that go into PS Home. or even a Noby Noby Boy Game Space within Home, or just something aweosme.

acerazer1 said:

March 13th, 7:09 pm

Let’s get to Mars, let’s get to Mars

tbone547 said:

March 13th, 7:43 pm

offline multiplyer?!? oh yeah! please tell me it’s 4-player, I need more games that support that.

JCJAR said:

March 13th, 9:31 pm

Certainly going to enjoy it, but I’d much prefer online multiplayer. :(

big-gunns said:

March 13th, 9:32 pm

I need to get this.

eazyrko619 said:

March 13th, 10:45 pm

I don’t understand…What is this game about

eazyrko619 said:

March 13th, 10:45 pm

I don’t understand…What is this game about?

triple_lei said:

March 14th, 1:29 am

So… should I have gotten this instead of the Brain Challenge add-on pack and $2 worth of clothes for Home?

Capsule_Toy said:

March 14th, 4:38 am

I’m eager to get to Mars, so I’ll be playing Noby Noby Boy over and over and over, daily.

Don’t be sad Takahashi-san, your game is superb, good, fantastic, imaginative, excellent, and all other positive words!

I await any and all expansions and DLC you provide and am happy to download!

Your game is a breath of fresh air in a sea of death, destruction, and samey games (FPS games) so keep doing that thing you do, your brain is a diamond, hopefully you will get what I mean :oP

EXCELLENT.

suki dayo Takahshi-san!!

Capsule_Toy said:

March 14th, 4:43 am

Also, to reiterate a point.

OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER IS A-OK WITH ME! ^_^

guitain said:

March 14th, 7:01 am

I’d love Offline Multiplayer! I mostly prefer it to Online =(

So I guess it’s settled then… We need a LOT more people to join in, if we want to reach Mars. It’s 1000 times further away than the Moon!

Will each player in Offline add separate stretches? So that 2 playes will offer 2x the strechiness?

mrDUDE1 said:

March 14th, 7:35 am

got milk?

mrDUDE1 said:

March 14th, 7:38 am

can my grandma play the game?
she only speaks spanish…

sNsKid said:

March 14th, 2:43 pm

I just got an email informing me that Noby Noby Boy isn’t $4.99 anymore, but instead is now be sold for $9.99.

Thrill_Kill said:

March 14th, 4:31 pm

This is good news, yet we are still waiting for the REAL game to come to PS3… Yeah that REAL game being Beautiful Katamari. Where is our Beautiful Katamari????

Labreya said:

March 14th, 6:04 pm

@ Tripl_lei.

You really should have bought Noby Noby Boy instead. It’d probably exercise your brain more than brain challange would anyway, just trying to figure out whats going on!

FluBBa said:

March 15th, 4:07 am

To bad that it will take something like 5 years to get to Mars with the current pace…
That is if they don’t change the measurement of the stretching (the shortest route from Earth to Mars is something like 80 billion meters, and so far girl has grown to 1billion meters in 3 weeks).
I guess we could use another incentive to play this game…

Gumbydunzeeto said:

March 15th, 12:02 pm

Never mind the update, when is the PHYSICAL MEDIA version of the game coming?

polite_society said:

March 15th, 5:48 pm

I love you. <3

astrocrack said:

March 15th, 7:17 pm

Noby Noby Boy is awesome. We need more stuff and players so we can reach Mars as soon as possible. This game should be multi-platform so everyone could hail to the space squirrels.
One of the most original game concept imho.

cochese22 said:

March 15th, 7:58 pm

Oh!

Takahashi! I did it! I finally got the length that I always had wanted! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! It’s a good day!

Oh!

I also just wanted to say that the Draculas and Sphinxes are by far my favorite. The Dig-Dug guys are fun too. Also, the Katamari level is great fun.

Keep up the good work! Try your best!

madcrabs said:

March 15th, 8:23 pm

Add additional trophies to the update. Got them all. Need more!

mixenitup said:

March 16th, 1:51 am

lol looks like i got censored for mentioning a hypthetical situation for a game I actually like as my comment is magically gone. All i said is that if noby noby creators wanted (and im not claiming that they did) they could have only wrote the code for just earth and moon for the 4.99 release and then as we approach new planets the perform updates to add the other content, (hmmm sudden update for noby coming too). I don’t care anyway though as I like the game as do my two daughters. I would have gladly paid 9.99 at release even if they said it only have two planets and more will come later (yeah i know its a moon). Well lets just see if this one goes poof.

solo013 said:

March 16th, 2:19 am

While I do think Noby Noby Boy is a very weird game, I liked it so much when I got it that my g/f went out and bought a stuffed Easter Caterpillar and named it Noby. lol

Sometimes even the toughest of us need something cute to make the day better. Noby Noby Boy can do that for me. I love getting boy really big and eating houses, planets, and giant robots, and watching the people and animals run when he opens is mouth. lol

JesseHaysFL said:

March 16th, 4:49 pm

have all the trophies, love the game and my ol’ lady loves it too. Thanks for the multi we (she and I) will play noby together which makes it even better THANK YOU! also will there be any multiplayer trophies? THANKS AGAIN.

JesseHaysFL said:

March 16th, 4:50 pm

oh yeah…thats no moon its a mars….? maybe a space station………………

Lazyxbum said:

March 18th, 3:34 pm

Will the update be free?

MonteMax said:

March 21st, 12:38 am

Was it ever announced that Noby Noby Boy supported custom music from the XMB? I’ve had the game since its launch and was demonstrating to a friend w/o a PS3 how you would access music if a game supported custom soundtracks. I was surprised to find that the game actually supported it, and now have more motivation to keep stretching. Thanks Takahashi-san.

Mikoid1 said:

March 23rd, 8:08 pm

I’m wondering if I should get this game, since I have to wait another month for Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Is this game like Katamari Damacy?

Sup3rfly-91 said:

March 25th, 6:16 pm

This game is kind of wierd, I dont really get it, I’m real skeptical, but if it gets good reviews I might check it out, i’m not sure though

flooper400 said:

March 29th, 9:50 am

by the way mr. takahashi this game is AWESOME. i love how it’s so unique and fun. If people don’t like it, then thats their problem. i dont know how anybody couldn’t like this game, although it doesn’t have much of a challenge apart from reaching mars, i like that, because you don’t have to worry about “beating the game”. great work on this one. by the way, if anyone needs help finding the prince just message me on my ps3.

PAGE 1 2 3