Knack 2

Mar 17

Mar 17

Wheel of Fortune Arrives on the PlayStation Network this week

Tim Granich's Avatar Posted by Sr. Global Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment

Wheel of Fortune PSN logo

Today, we are happy to announce that our latest game, Wheel of Fortune, will be released for the PlayStation Network this Thursday, March 19 for $14.99.

We told players back in September 2008 that this title was in development, and it brings us great pride to be able to show the finished product on behalf of SOE. Starting Thursday, players can spin the wheel and solve the puzzle with America’s Favorite Game Show! Wheel of Fortune captures the spirit of the popular TV show with high-definition graphics and realistic gameplay!

Our development team has worked diligently to give this game an in-depth character creation mode and a player experience that fans of Wheel of Fortune will love. PlayStation Network is so much more than a single player experience. That’s why, aside from solo play against A.I. opponents, we offer network/multiplayer modes with voice chat support. This is sure to get the competitive juices flowing with real human competition. To add even more fuel to that spirit, we’ve included PLAYSTATION 3 Trophies for players to earn.

Do you want to go “on location” with Wheel of Fortune? We want to bring players that national flavor the real TV show brings to households across the country. So we give you the ability to play in 11 different cities across America: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, Charleston, Philadelphia and Fort Lauderdale.

With nearly 9,000 puzzles to challenge your mind, high-definition graphics, studio sets and sound effects straight from the TV show, and realistic gameplay, we think that you are in for a huge thrill with Wheel of Fortune for PSN.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you playing Wheel of Fortune online on the PS3!

Wheel of Fortune PSN screenshot 1 Wheel of Fortune PSN screenshot 2

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

KIDamazin said:

March 17th, 12:05 pm

15 bucks too much IMO. PSP 3G (no umd) news coming out of germany, Can you guys confirm please?

DeforMAKulizer said:

March 17th, 12:05 pm

I have been waiting for this!!! =D
Awesome! Can’t wait to play it!
Any possible future implementation of home avatars? ^^

AmericanNinja1 said:

March 17th, 12:07 pm

@1 its fake.

Vertodeigo said:

March 17th, 12:07 pm

AmericanNinja1 said:

March 17th, 12:10 pm

@4 use pre-paid debit cards. you can get them at your local bank. That is what I read on various forums from people that live in Canada.

Johnnieabraham said:

March 17th, 12:12 pm

lol You said the 19th on one sentence and than 2 sentences later you say tomorrow. Anyway, is there actually going to be people talking or is it like Jeopardy?

Vertodeigo said:

March 17th, 12:13 pm

@5 ok cool…just the fact that we have no suppost makes me mad

Johnnieabraham said:

March 17th, 12:13 pm

Oh and will there be the same problem as Jeopardy where the same puzzles come back all the time.

Thrasher20 said:

March 17th, 12:14 pm

YaYuh! Thanks for the games fellas… though I’m busy on President Devil 5 and Killzone 2 :)

lakaiHIGH said:

March 17th, 12:16 pm

pretty sweet, lets play wheel of fortune on the Blog!!

3 words: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

Clues: N _ _ _ _ R M _!

contestant #1: i’d like to solve the puzzle – Now ouR My???

Sorry thats wrong!

Me: Not foR Me! sorry guys waaaaaay overpriced idc how many puzzles there are nothing justifies the price of this when i can have all the fun and excitement when Wheel of Fortune runs on the tellie. i wish games on PSN had a $10 a pop limit. i miss when PSN first launched and everything was like five bucks. i gots to watch my spending cuz Mr Obama hasn’t passed any bills to help pull us outta this money slump. Times are tough all over!

cheers,
Lh

DaxMontana said:

March 17th, 12:17 pm

No gameshow host? Just silence and goofy sound-effects?

Umm…sure.

I’ll pass on this one.

stuartevan said:

March 17th, 12:17 pm

This game would have really benefitted from a game show hosts voice work. It sounds too quiet.

womfalcs3 said:

March 17th, 12:17 pm

I have Jeopardy!. Please add trophies to it.

Secondly, why no hosts? It’s a Sony Pictures production. Shouldn’t be easy to work through the legal aspects of it?

DaxMontana said:

March 17th, 12:18 pm

Is there even local multiplayer?

dehumanizer_666 said:

March 17th, 12:19 pm

YES!!!!!! finally, i’ve been waiting for this for a month! now all i’m waiting for is Bomberman Ultra

meep_moop_meep said:

March 17th, 12:20 pm

awesome!

i’ll def get this to play my sister and bro-in-law from the U.S

LokeSTL said:

March 17th, 12:21 pm

I might buy this game when it’s $10 or less.

ItsNymo said:

March 17th, 12:21 pm

so: Is there SIXAXIS-wheel-spinning? ;)

anyways, Looking forward to the game!

also: Is it going to be the same case as Jeopardy where the hosts are absent from the game? At least it will feature all the sights and sounds of the game, right?

KIDamazin said:

March 17th, 12:22 pm

@3 Really? ;__;

MS3Boy said:

March 17th, 12:22 pm

Pretty creepy with no Pat or Vanna. Thanks for getting Trophies into this one though.

My wife and I still play the old N64 and SNES versions of Wheel, and even without the hosts, it looks like an upgrade.

motorhead85021 said:

March 17th, 12:24 pm

Will the puzzles repeat back to back like categories do in Jeopardy?

I’m sorry but fool me once, shame on you …. Well, you know where I’m going here.

leetfoo said:

March 17th, 12:25 pm

Neat, but not for $15- especially since I’m willing to bet a month from now there will be a pack of “new puzzles!” for ten more bucks…
I would have easily given you $5 for this, and maybe considered it at $10. $15 for a simple PSN title like this is insulting.
Ah well, I’ll just go play it on my snes emulator for free…

Yung_Gunners__ said:

March 17th, 12:27 pm

Home support for this game would be great!!

TakiFuGu said:

March 17th, 12:28 pm

$15…LMAO!

Lifewish said:

March 17th, 12:29 pm

you know i would love to play this, wheel of fortune is fun with friends, but 15 bucks is a bit too much for this. Ill check back and when its under 10 i will pick it up.

Zookey said:

March 17th, 12:31 pm

Cool–was wondering

A) The characters look really similar to HOME Avatars—does this mean we can use our HOME avatar as a character or launch from home?

B) Motion sensing for spinning the wheel? That would be fun!

I agree with everyone else–10 bucks = better price point–15 is quite a lot.

Microshock said:

March 17th, 12:32 pm

No, i’ve played jeopardy and if this is the same studio, they did the bare minimum they had to do to make it seem like a jeopardy game.

And they even had in-game trophies that looked like the ps trophies but they didnt ACTUALLY PUT TROPHIES!
Nice job on the 8 or so character models as well.

KIDamazin said:

March 17th, 12:33 pm

Can you use the PS3 type pad with this game?

FoolKiller79 said:

March 17th, 12:33 pm

No voice acting? $15? Didn’t Jeorpardy get dropped to $10?

But seriously, you are charging $15 for what has always been just a flashy version of hangman?

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

March 17th, 12:33 pm

So 15 is the new pricepoint for PSN games? no thanks

JKC31 said:

March 17th, 12:35 pm

After the way Jeopardy turned out I stay away. It just feels like a hollow environment.

Bildo818 said:

March 17th, 12:37 pm

I am agree…$15 is way too much for me. $5 would’ve been sold, $10 I would’ve eventually bought. $15 is a no go. Especially since pay DLC will be coming I assume.

Bomberman for me! And fat princess! As much as I love these types of games, lets see some more original IP stuff. That I eat up with a spoon!

Szarky said:

March 17th, 12:38 pm

@4

“Sad to say I can’t buy anything from the Ps store just because of the fact Canada has no support of psn cards or anything for that matter” Get mommy and daddy to let you borrow their VISA =)

FoolKiller79 said:

March 17th, 12:38 pm

Ah here it is: From the 12/23 store update.

Price Update
Jeopardy (permanent price drop to $9.99)

The price dropped in 3 months.

Either you are pulling an Apple App Store ploy to get the early buyers’ money now and then reprice for the masses, or you didn’t learn that we don’t have patience for $15 price tags for games with very little life. The only bonus Wheel of Fortune has is that there isn’t a much better game with similar gameplay avalable, like Buzz was to Jeopardy.

Sorry guys, not buying.

AttackingHobo said:

March 17th, 12:41 pm

$15 is too steep of a price for me. If it was $10 then it would be in the sweet spot. Sorry!

SPARDA said:

March 17th, 12:41 pm

Trophies and Online play with Voice chat……. DAY ONE BUY

Thanks for the update

SPARDA

Szarky said:

March 17th, 12:42 pm

I have to keep this away from my girlfriend. She got me to buy the PS2 Wheel of Fortune off eBay for our backwards compatible 60GB PS3 just because she loves the show so much.

elon09 said:

March 17th, 12:46 pm

I paid $15 for Jeopardy and was extremely disappointed. $15 for what you get with this is very overpriced.

SeanScythe said:

March 17th, 12:47 pm

I would if it let me use my avatar from home be the character. Come on that should have be the one thing you guys did.

Skant said:

March 17th, 12:47 pm

I find it interesting how everyone complains about $15 for a complete game, but not $5 to unlock a single car as a downloadable add-on (I’m looking at you, EA).

Pretty backwards. Apparently, companies can charge rediculously for content as long as it is divided up into tiny payments.

But a single complete game that costs more than $5? It’s the end of the world!!!

major_newbie said:

March 17th, 12:48 pm

So WoF with no voice acting, no music, no host and no charm for $14.99.

Or..

A HD remix of one of the most beloved and popular arcade fighting games of all time.

Pricing looks fine to me[/sarcasm]

Ftwrthtx said:

March 17th, 12:52 pm

$9.99 would be a batter selling price IMO.

CLINTHOBO said:

March 17th, 12:53 pm

I can’t stand this show on TV. I can’t image how bad it would be actually playing it.

fan1310 said:

March 17th, 12:54 pm

15 bucks seems a little bit too much for this. I will probably skip this one.

Mobius_124 said:

March 17th, 12:54 pm

it would of been much nicer if the game had home integration, that way, we would be able to bring our home avatars into the game. other than that, this is awesome.

BenX42316 said:

March 17th, 12:56 pm

WHEN WILL THIS GAME COME OUT IN EUROPE? AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST IN BRITISH POOUNDS AND EUROS?

whateverman7 said:

March 17th, 1:01 pm

$15 bucks is not too much for the game….i know times are tough, but i swear people want everything for free nowadays…like i said: $15 bucks isnt too much for the game…it’s a bigger game then the normal psn game…..nearly 9000 puzzles, custom avas, multiple locations, and a lot of yall fav thing: trophies, how can yall be complaining?…

dam6655 said:

March 17th, 1:03 pm

Thank you, this is the soe psn game I was looking most forward to buying.

Se7enthSign said:

March 17th, 1:03 pm

Okay, I got burned by JEOPARDY last year. I really hope this is better because I actually like Wheel of Fortune. Please let me know what I can expect here.

1.) Voice acting or hosts? I’m sorry, but no matter how state of the art realistic the graphics are, the absence of a host ruins the entire experience immediately. Even if you can’t get Sajak and Vanna White, at least throw Buzz in there. Anything is better than nothing! Actually, Buzz is probably better than Pat Sajak, anyway.

2.) Easier menus: I don’t know what was going on with Jeopardy, but I know it was crap and it took forever to do simple, mundane things. Please fix the menus.

3.) NO REPEATING THEME MUSIC: The main reason Jeopardy is nothing more than a cluster of used space on my HDD is because I am SO SICK of the theme music repeating over and over and over!! This is the type of game that NEEDS custom soundtracks!

Honestly, Buzz has served well for my game show fix, but I am hoping for the best from Wheel of Fortune. Maybe, I’ll wait for the reviews.

Kairon said:

March 17th, 1:05 pm

If this is anything like the Jeopardy game that was released a while back… no thanks.

PAGE 1 2 3