PlayStation VR

Mar 25

Mar 25

“Backstage with Guitar Hero” Launches Tomorrow in PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Manager

The time has come for all of you virtual rock stars to get your butts into PlayStation Home and show off your sickest riffs and slickest licks. That’s right – on Thursday, March 26th, Activision is launching their first PlayStation Home space to support their hit franchise – Guitar Hero. And you’re invited to the launch party!

Guitar Hero PlayStation Home Space 7

The event will take place in the “Backstage with Guitar Hero” space where players will be able to rock out on their PLAYSTATION 3 controllers to a lightning-fast finger rock-style interactive mini-game. In this mind-boggling party game of music, memory, and reflexes, players are challenged to follow the lead of a guitarist by matching an ever-increasing color and sound pattern. With each turn a new note is added to the tune, and when a player misses a note they are knocked out of the game until only one player is left standing. A local leaderboard captures the highest scores in real time so the true champion gets their due props and the losers are left to practice their chops in shame.

On Friday, March 27th, between the hours of 12:00pm and 5:00pm PT (3:00pm and 8:00pm EST) the PlayStation Home Community Management team will be visiting the new Guitar Hero game space each hour on the hour and awarding the user with the current high score a special prize. So come out and show us your godly guitar skills. Who knows – you might just emerge the new virtual rock star of PlayStation Home

Add Your Own

liketoski said:

March 25th, 4:04 pm

Will the prizes be free content for world tour?

jimmy903 said:

March 25th, 4:21 pm

There is so much content as of late that it is becoming hard to keep up.

S-E-G said:

March 25th, 4:26 pm

finally, not just another 3d chat room, i could see a lot of people hanging out in that location rocking it out, good job Activision

jipmg said:

March 25th, 4:28 pm

nice im definately downloading it!

TheGuardianFID said:

March 25th, 4:31 pm

SWEEET, nice job guys, keep it up!!! :D

Obi_Al_Kenobi said:

March 25th, 4:34 pm

OMG!!! Is this free or the Blu-Ray of Guitar Hero must be inserted?

QCVic said:

March 25th, 4:35 pm

Alright!! Thanks for the info Loc.

Midgetguy said:

March 25th, 4:35 pm

I can’t even recall a word that expresses how awesome this is…

Thank you thank you thank you!

Blkant said:

March 25th, 4:38 pm

Very interesting… I certainly did not expect this :P But much appreciated! I will be there :)

Yung_Gunners__ said:

March 25th, 4:40 pm

Very Cool!

Brad1337 said:

March 25th, 4:44 pm

I’ll admit, even though I like Rock Band more, this looks pretty epic.

TheTaxMan said:

March 25th, 4:52 pm

WHAT ABOUT THE eu?

GoldenGotGame said:

March 25th, 4:52 pm

Now that was unexpected, but definitely dope. I don’t have any of the music/rhythm games yet (no $$$), but my plan is get GH:WT for the instruments and tracks, then buy RB2 standalone at a later date. That way I get the best of both worlds.

By the way, how can we get clothes like the guy on stage for our avatars?

lakaiHIGH said:

March 25th, 5:04 pm

pretty tight! can’t wait for all the new spaces.

peace,
Lh

nickolas82 said:

March 25th, 5:13 pm

Will we also get game launching on Home for guitar hero?…….if no then just please make inHome game launching for all games
it is definately No1 priority for Home.I know that you know it and i know that you are working for it……keep up the good work home team

astrocrack said:

March 25th, 5:15 pm

Home seems to be heading the right way :D

xBiG_BoSS-911x said:

March 25th, 5:20 pm

YEAH! I love GH: WT. A few questions for you guys though (It would mean a ton if you answered them :P):

1) Can you confirm the the rumours about PS3 FW v2.70 are true? And can we expect it this week?

2) More on topic of Home: I’ve heard rumours that a KZ2 Home space is in development. Can you guys confirm?

3) COMPLETELY ON TOPIC: Will there be game-launching for Guitar Heros World Tour and Metallica?

Thanks!

jedi_webslinger said:

March 25th, 5:24 pm

Open chat with the guys who made GH Metallica Saturday night before the launch. I would suggest Sunday but my ps3 will be occupied with Sanitarium all day long!!! :)

cell989 said:

March 25th, 5:35 pm

I dont like music games with ADDED NOTES just to make it more “challenging”. All they do is ruin the way music was meant to be played.

GGCAN said:

March 25th, 5:43 pm

Thanks for the post Locust_Star.

This looks amazing, just wish Rock Band could do a similar space or maybe have teamed up with Guitar Hero and had one space for both games and more competition this way.

Love the way Home is progressing lately.

Keep up the great work !

Lifewish said:

March 25th, 5:45 pm

very cool stuff, more game spaces are always a huge plus

gamekoning said:

March 25th, 5:52 pm

ooh yeah im gonne show them some [DELETED] to bad dont have the guitar my friend have cant barrow

iComet said:

March 25th, 6:19 pm

There should be game launching if you have a Guitar Hero disc, Just like the Resident Evil 5 Space
Make an arcade that will act as game launching.

Protopet said:

March 25th, 6:38 pm

Wow this is stupid. I’ll just play Simon.

I thought we were going to actually use the real guitar peripherals.

JinZX1 said:

March 25th, 6:42 pm

i remember you guys talking about this space awhile back. just in time for the Metallica release.

although i’m a bigger fan of Rock Band, and kind of music game space is better than none.

TSFRJ said:

March 25th, 6:49 pm

I don’t like 50cents. I don’t care about gutair hero stuff. Please give info on LBP space & content. bio shock space. I’d rather hear about dumb disney princess space before i’ll listen to another guatir hero thing. Next 50cents stuff i hear on HOME i will cut my ears off and mail them to SCEA, that way sony cant force me to chose between rap or not using HOME. Ok im done whining. Any one seen the chedder?

strackervampire said:

March 25th, 6:51 pm

talk about Playstation Home, when is going to be up to México? well i hope soon because i want to know how to feel in home in my playstation 3 and chat with all the nice people out there.

Destiny89 said:

March 25th, 6:56 pm

sweet

SHINSPIKES said:

March 25th, 7:08 pm

Home is gettin better and better. Hopin the EA space comes out this month. Keep it comin. Much appreciated.

NinjaHunter said:

March 25th, 7:31 pm

Hey so umm.. guess what? You know that Xi thing? Well I kept getting disconnected with a D5021 error so now every time I try to log into home I keep spawning in the hub and 5 seconds later I get the same error. So now I’m stuck, could you or anybody do something about this? Because as of now, Home really is just a waste of hard drive space for me since I can’t even do anything.

Victor1 said:

March 25th, 7:33 pm

Did not expect it but…I gotta give it to u guys looks pretty cool

NinjaHunter said:

March 25th, 7:44 pm

Now I’m getting D3505…D5402…and so on. I’m not even making it past the loading screen now. Help would be great.

cronqvist said:

March 25th, 7:48 pm

It looks good, but how awesome it would be if you could just plug in your guitar and play a minigame with the GH interface?

mainacc said:

March 25th, 7:48 pm

I know Locust or anyone might not see this, but is it going to be one person performing at once?

traininvain90 said:

March 25th, 8:00 pm

this is going to be fun!! =D

Tagan55 said:

March 25th, 9:34 pm

sony i have to say… im very impressed now i can fully say the ps3 is capable of beating the x-box. i got my ps3 long time ago at release and first year i wanted to sell thing. but now this year and last year you have made so many updates, awesome (kz2, r2, lbp) games, and psn has got better by like 1000x , sony if you keep doing this all things will go great just a few small things. jeff could you put a word into sony for me? Fix the xmb freezing prob when you go to message people and it freezes somtimes , more avatars, please add voice messages 30 secs even 20 at the least! plz plz :D :D

gmk218 said:

March 25th, 9:49 pm

more hype just look no responces hmmmmmm

Sekoku said:

March 25th, 10:22 pm

Well, that’s a certainly fast turn around time…

1-2 days from announcement to launch in Home? Please keep this method, it actually makes Home space launches look good.

Jeo said:

March 25th, 10:36 pm

It seemed cool… then I watched the video. It looks kind of boring.

Like other people said, it’s basically simon.

You should at least have an option to change the display to use the GH layout if you have a controller. I mean in theory you should be able to use the guitar, so why not just change the display and have a few notes display instead of pulsing buttons.

You guys are close to an awesome thing here, just go that extra step to make it more like the game.

T3mpr1x said:

March 25th, 10:42 pm

Hey that’s great and all, but when will in-Home access to the XMB music player come? I don’t mean streaming, just personal access to our music.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

March 25th, 11:02 pm

cool, I’d like to have a RockBand gamespace

Astroranagun said:

March 25th, 11:52 pm

I was thinking…if the GH games that we played and able to link to the home as concert or performance to show the home user in GH home space isn’t that great? For example like we play GH world tour, the in game audience which is the home user that watching us live playing our game but in the home space just like in the video above. Did you get what i mean? instead of separate GH game in home space…

VenomUK said:

March 26th, 3:01 am

Any word on whether this is coming to the UK/Europe? We are still waiting for the Uncharted themed room. :(

madhi19 said:

March 26th, 3:23 am

Good question T3mpr1x. God only know if I have to hear any more 50 cents crap I might just go loco myself. Off course my friends and family can probably testify in court that am already pretty much loco but that another story… lolll

EvoAnubis said:

March 26th, 5:03 am

Guys, let this FW 2.7 thing go. We’re PlayStation.Blog readers; when it happens, we’ll be the first to know, as we always are.

TheFray9 said:

March 26th, 6:05 am

Sony, something u need to do in the future is have this game space
but use the real guitar concept
like someone would be playing guitar hero on stage and u could see the notes on the TVs on stage
this would be amazing
work on it sony!

drdre74 said:

March 26th, 6:09 am

I hope this isn’t like the bowling game where you have to wait for people to finish before you can play.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

March 26th, 6:34 am

Now ACTUALLY GIVE OUT THE PRIZES, Don’t say you’re going to do it and then say” Oh you weren’t there” or ” You got the day wrong.” Because I know different and would like my SOCOM AND WARHAWK VOUCHERS Thank You Very Much. One box rating……

Cesarcsrf said:

March 26th, 7:32 am

so no songs to play with the gh guitar? meh.. steel sound kind cool.. i will check it out

TakiFuGu said:

March 26th, 8:02 am

It’s to bad this game didn’t have Trophy support. That’s why I ended up buying Rock Band 2.