God of War

Mar 26

Mar 26

Introducing Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone,

Greetings from the SCEA Blogger’s Lounge at GDC! Last week, we teased you with our Ratchet & Clank Future Weapons Contest and the new action figures coming from DC Direct. While I’ll talk more about this in a bit, we are very happy at Insomniac to finally announce the name of our next game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Logo

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time will conclude the story arc that started in Tools of Destruction and continued in Quest for Booty. There will be plenty to talk about over the next few months as we work towards our fall release, and we can’t wait to share more. But for those of you wanting a first look, tune into Gametrailers TV this week on Spike TV (check your local listings for time) for the world premiere of the teaser trailer.

For those of you who have been e-mailing us with questions about the Weapons Contest and asking when and where you can submit, you’ll be happy to know that submissions are open as of tomorrow! I’m also excited to announce the Grand Prize winner will have their weapon included in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, will be given a life-size replica of the weapon, and will win a trip to San Diego Comic-Con to meet with the dev team and reveal the winning weapon to the public there!

As inspiration for you guys, tune in tomorrow for a little video roundtable talking about some of our favorite weapons stories and experiences over the years of working on Ratchet & Clank weapons.

That’s all for now, make sure you tune into GTTV to check out the teaser trailer!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6

ashisthebest said:

March 30th, 6:09 pm

@mi5jason

LOL SAME i was SOOO close to buying a nintendo wii..i then watched tht r&c FTOD vid on gametrailers and i was like.bye bye wii

FuSIoN_ToM said:

March 31st, 3:17 am

INSOMNIAC PLZ MAKE THIS GAME UNFORGETABLE, EVEN IF IT TAKES MORE TIME. ADD NEW THINS, ABILITIES!! xD!!

THATS ALL I ASK… AND EXTREME GOOD QUALITY.. AND EASTER EGGS.. AND ONLINE.. AND COOL SECRETS!!

FuSIoN_ToM said:

March 31st, 3:20 am

Things* lol Sorry.. :(

^^ PLZ MAKE THE ABOVE GET IN ^^

P.S. Make new Weapon upgrades. With different things. :)

tigranater said:

March 31st, 4:59 am

Hey! Great news, I can’t wait for Nefarious and good old Lawrence! Seeing that the weapon contest is “sponsored by Gadgetron” will we be seeing the Solana Galaxy?

SONY also said that all new PS3 games must feature trophies so thats other good news!

Is there going to be online play/co-op???

I would be unbelievably happy if Clank could get off Ratchet’s back and start fighting!

Oh and one last question: what do you mean by “all new space gameplay”? Does this mean getting to pilot Ratchet’s ship from planet to planet? Are we going to get more dogfights like in the first series? Thanks.

tigranater said:

March 31st, 5:04 am

@ krae man – Angela wasn’t a Lombax. Her ears were different, she was taller and she didn’t have a tail. Also, Insomniac actually stated that Angels wasn’t a lombax but didn’t say her real species. Perhaps her species is related to Lombaxes? All we know is that her home planet is Grelbin – might as well call her species: Grelbinian.

pilzi8 said:

March 31st, 10:15 am

Hurra.I love Ratchet&Clank.
I hope it’ll have a multiplayer.
I can’t wait I want the game NOW!
I hope it will have a Collectors Edition ,too.

Equalizerr said:

March 31st, 12:28 pm

James, can we expect new information about the game soon? :)

Will A Crack in Time be using the same graphic engine that Quest for Booty was using?

– Jon

gamefan67 said:

March 31st, 2:06 pm

Is Clank going to have screen time or is it like a cameo.

gamefan67 said:

March 31st, 2:07 pm

forgot are there going to be new characters

FuSIoN_ToM said:

April 1st, 12:48 pm

Response to someone ^^:
I read that they said that this game is going to be made with the new gameplay engine that Insomniac developed for ps3 games.. MAN I’M SO EXCITED!! GIVE SOME NEW NEWS!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.>

RCROX2013 said:

April 1st, 10:27 pm

I have a question. Will ACIT have Skill Points, or just Trophies? Will there also be unlockable extras like in TOD or not? Thanks!

One avid Ratchet fan. :)

FuSIoN_ToM said:

April 2nd, 3:38 am

I think yes.. Like uncharted where u get trophies and medal points and u have access to secrets, weapons and videos.

Dylzan said:

April 2nd, 3:41 am

oh my god! yes another ratchet and clank! i reackon ive beat each game at least 7 times UYA maybe 10. cant wait im the biggest fanboy!

CometTheSackboy said:

April 4th, 3:37 pm

I CANT WAIT IM IN THE UK SO I HAVE 2 WAIT LONGER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but still goin 2b a great game

t178abc said:

April 4th, 11:11 pm

I have 3 questions. I would be realy happy if you answered:
1. Is the Ratchet & Clank Future series going to be a trilogy?
2. If the Ratchet & Clank Future series is going to be a trilogy, does Quest for Booty count as a full game in that trilogy?
3. Is this going to be the last Ratchet & Clank game? (I realy hope not)
Please answer James.
Thank you for answering (if you do answer).
Sorry if my English is bad, English is not my native language.

t178abc

BalramRules said:

April 5th, 8:13 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cornagandarub said:

April 5th, 12:49 pm

@#265 Future is a trilogy and Quest for Booty does count, but I am unsure if Crack in Time will be the last game, which I hope it’s not.

Lilcuda94 said:

April 6th, 12:18 pm

Dear James

Quest for booty had point in the game when you could choose what happened….like saving the pointy eared chick in the cave….I was wondering, will that be the case in “A Crack in Time”??

tigermankld said:

April 7th, 7:11 am

this is going to be the best comback that insomiac has ever made, hopeully it will have multiplayer like Up you Arsenal and have alot more interesting secrets

BalramRules said:

April 7th, 12:18 pm

It’s said to be that this game will release on 30th September in NA (North America) and 31st December in EU (Europe), how sad is this, is this an American game or a Europian game, someone please tell me, I can’t wait though.
Plus at the end of Quest for Booty, after the credits, it says that the quest continues Fall 2009, so that is their intended target of the new game, this is on Wikipedia if you type in Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty and search at the end bits, have fun web surfing : [)

BalramRules said:

April 7th, 12:23 pm

I dont think this is going to be the last Ratchet and Clank game, it’s going to be part of the trilogy plus starting a new one, I think Quest for Booty will be very important in it (but not as a full game but more like a mini-game in the full story), these are my answers for t178abc, ur welcome, if u read lol and say thx lol or post it on da blog rofl : )

t178abc said:

April 7th, 10:28 pm

Thanks BalramRules and cornagandarub. And BalramRules, this is an American game.

BalramRules said:

April 8th, 3:56 am

I CANT WAIt!!!

BalramRules said:

April 8th, 3:57 am

thx t178abc, plus here’s the ULTIMATE SPOILERS LITST, EVERY1 READ THIS, http://rcforum.us.playstation.com/rac/board/message?board.id=crackintime&thread.id=237

BalramRules said:

April 8th, 3:58 am

That’s only if you want a spoiler, then read it, because it currently has EVERY SINGLE SPOILER Confirmed, check it OUT!!!

BalramRules said:

April 8th, 4:34 am

?

james1112 said:

April 8th, 5:47 pm

OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! i can’t wait until it comes out. ima be playing that game all day long with a freakin passion.

neel30394 said:

April 9th, 5:00 pm

Will it have online or local multiiplayer?

DarkstoneX said:

April 10th, 9:59 am

The trailer seems a little too epic for me. I really liked the style of R&C 1-3, deadlocked was OK.

Is this going to be your last Ratchet & Clank game?

manibi said:

April 10th, 4:31 pm

I can’t wait!

noobaras said:

April 12th, 2:50 am

To James,
I loved all of your R&C titles, back from GC(no I nvr got the original) but I think your true masterpiece was ratchet and clank 3 for the PS2.
You had an AMAZING single player, very good unlocables, and probably the best humor. What is also added is a GREAT multiplayer for hours to enjoy.
Basically, my question is, are you going to make good multi and single, or you are going to focus only on one?

swimman25 said:

April 18th, 10:18 am

Will there be multiplayer

thelevy21 said:

April 18th, 5:25 pm

im so excited for this game i just recently bought tools of destruction after realizing that ratchet and clank is my favorite game saga to date. i cant wait for Crack in time! its going to be amazin. this game series has the best re playable value of any game on the market its so addicting i always try to get absolutely everything and usually end up beating the game 5 to 10 times. Keep up the good work i know the new one will be amazing.

PAGE 1 4 5 6