Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Mar 30

Mar 30

This Week on PlayStation.Blog

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

This week, we’re recovering from an action-packed GDC, but don’t think for a second that the Blog is slowing down. This last week of March / beginning of April will be just as news-worthy as ever, so keep your eyes peeled for some great stuff right here. Specifically, here’s what you can expect from the week ahead:

What was your favorite piece of PlayStation news from GDC last week?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

xaos said:

March 30th, 10:27 am

Kudos to all you guys for a great GDC blitz; really enjoyed the meetup, even if I only placed 5th in the finals for the tournament :( But hey, that guy who won the big MGS4 PS3 totally deserved it.

ManaKnight said:

March 30th, 10:28 am

Can’t wait to hear what that new PSN game is. :D

I thought R&C was the best news, but then again, I’m a HUGE fan of the series.

ATOMS11 said:

March 30th, 10:28 am

Sony’s big announcement ! I hope we get a clue or something from the BLOG before anyone else. Cant wait…

sam_i_jam said:

March 30th, 10:29 am

This is going to be a one-sided poll. Well, the R2 DLC is nice, but the Ratchet news is where it’s at.

All around win for Insomniac!

Jango_Wolf said:

March 30th, 10:29 am

lol
The reveal of Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. (67.0%)

None of the others came close.

whitwhit said:

March 30th, 10:31 am

i hope tommorow they announce in-game chat

Ackers11 said:

March 30th, 10:33 am

What about this announcement tomorrow? you gonna give us a teaser – is it update, ps3 price alteration or game related?

EvoAnubis said:

March 30th, 10:33 am

Ooooo! New PSN game? Yeah! I gotta say, with me being as busy as I am, these little games from PSN save what I’ll for the sake of this conversation refer to as my sanity.

Can’t wait to hear what it is! On a hopefully VERY related topic, when do we get to hear something about Trine? I saw the trailer for that awhile back, and it looked like a game I need.

Also, we took a week off for GDC, but is there going to be any live dev chat this week?

Ketchup said:

March 30th, 10:34 am

Thanks for all your work on the GDC event !

Quick question: can we expect a PSP firmware to delete Go! Messenger icon here in Europe, as it goes down tomorrow ?

Ftwrthtx said:

March 30th, 10:35 am

The meet up was the best by far IMO. My son won the MGS4 Bundle!

xKOROSHIYAx said:

March 30th, 10:36 am

So what’s the new PSN game? I really hope it’s Bomberman! I’ve been waiting forever.

I wasn’t really blown away by any GDC news. Although, GDC isn’t really about hype anyway, that’s for E3. Speaking of… I really hope you guys have a better E3 lined up for this year. Last year was very disappointing.

KSPRAYDAD said:

March 30th, 10:36 am

Leaked GOWIII and Uncharted 2 is high on my list.

mainpatrg said:

March 30th, 10:37 am

This new game better be Gomibako!

enewtabie said:

March 30th, 10:37 am

Peggle perhaps?

Kxpuc said:

March 30th, 10:40 am

no vote for Fat Princess? for shame then Ratchet shall win my vote

Release Demon’s Souls in North America the game is already translated and there’s no point not to release it

aschx said:

March 30th, 10:48 am

Thanks for the update Chris! Since Fat Princess goes unlisted, Ratchet will definitely win my vote! (Can’t wait to submit my weapon either.)

The_Punisher111 said:

March 30th, 10:48 am

Man ….. my stomach gargles everytime i see Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time. That game is on my “To buy” list

GamerMoney said:

March 30th, 10:48 am

can’t wait for e3 now

Bildo818 said:

March 30th, 10:48 am

Yeah, I am not voting since nothing interests me. A fat princess mention would’ve recieved my vote. And in regards to No. 11:

I bought this weekend:

Magicball
Cuboid
Astro Tripper
Burn Zombie Burn
Worms

Yeah, I am loving these PSN games!

Heisem said:

March 30th, 10:54 am

R&C no doubt but unofficially…honestly it was the GoW tech demo, it’s just amazing how Helios will be crushed by kratos. CAN’T WAIT for both games to come out

DeforMAKulizer said:

March 30th, 10:55 am

Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us =D
Xi is excellent, and a new game for PSN? =D
I smell Comet Crash ^^
PS blog team rocks!

Lugia_EX said:

March 30th, 10:57 am

I’m excited about Xi in Home but I can’t login since last Thursday, PS3 keeps freezing while “Downloading”. Is there a fix coming anytime soon?

acmilanboy said:

March 30th, 10:59 am

Is the new PSN the big announcement? Comon!! What is in 2.70!!! HINT!

mafecto said:

March 30th, 11:00 am

Worms sneaking on to the PSN this week is where my vote truly is, although it crashes my PS3 every so often when I log out of their servers…

smokey_vols said:

March 30th, 11:01 am

I’m enjoying the Xi event in Home. Some good news came out of GDC, I voted for R&C :) . I really hope the new PSN game is Peggel, we know it’s coming!

Santhiel said:

March 30th, 11:03 am

Hey guys there is suppossed to be a bomb you guys from Sony will be dropping tomorrow, is this just a rumor or something?

BTW, any news about the Latin American expansion would be very very very welcomed

Also please give us info about the American release of White Knight Chronicles, is it happenning, like, ever? :(

mafecto said:

March 30th, 11:03 am

The big announcement is a PS2 price drop. I’ve seen the evidence already. Whether or not there may be more to the announcement is yet to be determined but please people, dont get hyped up

SlashZaku said:

March 30th, 11:04 am

Any plans to get SEGA on the Blog soon to talk about the Valkyria Chronicles DLC (pricing, an actual date)?

Santhiel said:

March 30th, 11:06 am

@27: care to share that evidence of yours?

Insyt said:

March 30th, 11:07 am

Will the rumored Firmware Update 2.70 be addressed to be a factual update with a factual release date of tomorrow, or is it all speculated with no such confirmation from Sony/Playstation?

KentoMaiku said:

March 30th, 11:08 am

come on a big annoucement on firmwire go go

StalkingSilence said:

March 30th, 11:13 am

Looking forward to the new PSN game information.

Jenovah said:

March 30th, 11:18 am

Can you guys encourage Namco to release Katamari Tribute on PSN instead of retail?

AaronF said:

March 30th, 11:26 am

I was hoping to hear some more about new playstation.com functionality, such as being able to compare trophies on the website and message your Friends.

lakaiHIGH said:

March 30th, 11:26 am

sounds like an awesome week ahead of us… and it seems that global announcement is a PS2 price drop :( i really wanted to buy one for my g/f. are you guys gonna give me info about that on here tomorrow? you’ve kinda taken the place of Jeff on here Chris. is he still recouping? and is the PSN game the one PS3fanboy is reporting on… project V?

peace,
Lh

BiezulbubBill69 said:

March 30th, 11:28 am

no new firmware news = wackness

merkcity said:

March 30th, 11:30 am

Answer this sony why is it that all 60gb playstation 3 systems are breaking down all at the same time? its all over the net and you all are not saying anything about it mine broke on me 3 days ago and it is very well kept for $650 bucks it has to be. it plays all ps1 and ps2 games and dvd movies but no blu-ray movies or blu-ray games and its only a few months out of warranty im posting here cause sony dosent call you back or respond to emails very good so maybe you all will see this everyday till we get answers thank you

niall077 said:

March 30th, 11:31 am

I liked how there was no ps3 price cut.

oh wait, that sucks.

TheInfectedBy590 said:

March 30th, 11:31 am

Hardly anything from Team Ico = :(
No new firmware announcements = :(
No word on US releases of WKC
and Demon’s Souls = :(

GDC was kind of a disappointment…
I hope whatever announcement Sony has tomorrow is a good one! I’m excited :)

loxapac said:

March 30th, 11:34 am

a new psn game, for my psp please !

LokeSTL said:

March 30th, 11:35 am

e) None of the above.

No RPGs for PS3 = fail. Where are White Knight Chronicles, The Last Remnant, & Demon Souls release dates for the PS3 in the US?

wu-stix said:

March 30th, 11:35 am

Anyone else notice that jaknov is missing? I guess once you’ve read one of his posts you’ve read them all. But I would like to see those japanese games come to North America (Demon’s Souls and WKC) but I would prefer to see some Yakuza 3, hell if they had english subs I would import it.

niall077 said:

March 30th, 11:36 am

oh and the leaked God of war 3 and Uncharted 2 gameplay was awesome.

I need more Drake in my life.

BiezulbubBill69 said:

March 30th, 11:37 am

here’s the evidence of a PS2 price drop.

remanutd5 said:

March 30th, 11:46 am

officially was Ratchet and Clank: a Crank in Time , cant wait to continue the journey and the teaser left me thinking lol, whos that old man?? he doesnt sound like ratchet at all and who are the 2 lombaxes in the watch?? , unofficially has to be the God of War 3 leaked video OH MANNNN cant wait , Zeus your time is almost up lol and Uncharted 2 leaked video man for a second i thought Drake was Snake lol

Destiny89 said:

March 30th, 12:08 pm

Ratchet & Clank for sure!!!!! im such a huge fan of this series

kdiep said:

March 30th, 12:10 pm

You guys suck, how about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2? That game is way more exciting than any of the bs options you put up. You disappoint me greatly

chriscowboyd said:

March 30th, 12:14 pm

The new PSN game will most likely be from UK developer Just Add Water and called Project V or the Gomibako game that was recently released in Japan.

Zezzler said:

March 30th, 12:22 pm

I hope the new PSN Game is either Peggle or Bomberman Ultra.
Cant wait for the Takahshi interview either, I REALLY want multi-boy.
looks like a great week.

Thrasher20 said:

March 30th, 12:22 pm

Chris, I would say the PSBlog meetup but I couldn’t go :( I am though going to your guys’ next meetup for sure!

What about the big news for tomorrow? Is it a new firmware update? I hope Eric Lempel spills the beans :)

PAGE 1 2