Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 01

Apr 01

Jak & Daxter Are BACK!

Lesley Mathieson's Avatar Posted by Design Guru

If there wasn’t enough excitement from GDC last week, here’s even more! We are happy to announce that Jak & Daxter are coming to the PSP and PS2!

Developed by High Impact Games, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier takes the intrepid pair all the way to the edge of the world. There they must battle their way past air pirates and sinister creatures in their quest to find a cure for the world’s eco shortage. Keep an eye out for this title to be available later this year!

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Brink Castaway

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshotost Frontier screenshot Brink Volcano

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier screenshot Brink Castaway 2

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

April 1st, 5:39 pm

WHERE IS THE PS3 VERSION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chrisjerichofan1 said:

April 1st, 5:55 pm

Question:

Will there be any for PS3? (Sorry if it’s already answered, i didn’t feel like going through 6 pages of comments + :D)

I hope there is… the PSP doesn’t seem like the high graphics it could be on PS3. PS2 I’ve got, but it’s like… switching from system to system… for one game… I’d rather not.

mafecto said:

April 1st, 6:15 pm

what a terrible week this has been….

maver1ck89 said:

April 1st, 6:32 pm

If this is an april fool’s joke i ain’t laughin. in fact, it’s quite mean.

however if it is real, i think making us wait five friggin years for this, a horrible looking game on a last gen system, (thus butchering one of the gaming communities’ most beloved franchises and deflating our game boners) demonstrates a near inhuman level of cruelty.

Chaos_Bladez said:

April 1st, 6:46 pm

Damn, I really wanted this to be a PS3 title…
Oh well, hopefully my PSP gets fixed and this game is cool.

Tikicobra said:

April 1st, 6:55 pm

+1000 respect points to maver1ck89.

NJBabyKing360 said:

April 1st, 7:36 pm

NICE!

Not to nag or anything but…I thought this game was supposed to go to the PS3? Why the sudden change?

Whether it goes to PS2/PSP or not, I LOVE THE SERIES regardless.

Codex0nz said:

April 1st, 8:40 pm

I have mixed feelings about this to be honest, i don’t even know if sony reads past the first few comments

I have always been a loyal naughty dog fan and even had confirmation from a conversation i had from them about another jak game but kept my mouth shut

This is a real slap in the face and seems like a real filler, i was hoping for a ps3 developed jak 4, im HOPING that this is only a short story like daxter and secret agent clank

If this is released as a fourth installment in the series i will truly be heartbroken, it will be such a disappointment if so.

Gitaroo said:

April 1st, 10:40 pm

texture works are really weak……. think Daxter look better on PSP

ManWithGoodTaste said:

April 1st, 10:43 pm

Well, April’s Fool is over. The game is still here, it’s not going anywhere. That means…

CinderShadow said:

April 2nd, 2:01 am

IF IGN aren’t also sat at their desks still absolutely laughing they asses off at us right now, for believing their beautiful collab. effort on the day of all pranks:
then, first, it’s worse that this isn’t an April Fools joke.

The developer would have us believe that those plastic on cardboard images are from the PSP version, but I have a nagging suspicion that the character models appear photoshopped onto the background. That’s just the conclusion I reached, after I attempted to accept the announcement as real. A feat difficult enough in itself.

The other thing is: for goodness sakes…WHY?!

zombie9 said:

April 2nd, 5:31 am

Even if this is true.. It still is verry sad porting PSP games over to PS2 to keep it going. Becouse NO ONE makes PS2 games any more. And sony wonder’s how to sell more PSP’s. Well port’s don’t help… Well back to PS3!!!!

Equalizerr said:

April 2nd, 6:09 am

You can’t be serious?
Is this one of Sonys plans?

First they announce a price cut on PS2, and they want more people to buy their console, so they announce a game everyone wants! After the game has been released, a new Jak game will be announced for the PS3 were Naughty Dog is the developer.

I’ve heard so many podcasts were Naughty Dog were talking about the Jak game for PS3. They even said that the Jak game would use the same engine as Uncharted.

I am a real Jak fan, I have all the games, but I am not very happy about this. I jumped in my chair when I read that a new Jak game was coming. I really want to the game on PS3! And how can Naughty Dog even think about giving away their biggest franchise?! Jak is now following the footsteps of Crash and Spyro.

I am not happy about this, I am more depressed then happy about this news. Naughty Dog WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

-Joe

jediryan123 said:

April 2nd, 6:55 am

Great news guys, will be buying for psp along with motorstorm: Artic whatever

vigang2 said:

April 2nd, 7:04 am

This Games isn’t So good :O I played this Game to my friend it was so hard and made me nervous :@:@ . . .

ManWithGoodTaste said:

April 2nd, 8:00 am

No you didn’t!

demishock said:

April 2nd, 10:34 am

This is fantastic news! I really don’t see why everyone’s complaining about the lack of a PS3 version, since most people I know with a PS3 either still have their old PS2 lying around somewhere or have a PS3 with backwards compatibility…

Honestly, I’m just happy to see a new addition to the series. I’m reserving judgment about it being developed by High Impact Games. I love NDI, but there’s no law that says that a sequel made by the original developers is automatically going to be better than one made by another group. I say we should give them a chance. NDI’s busy with other things, and I doubt that they’d turn the game over to someone they didn’t think would do a good job. Besides which, we’re lucky we’re getting another Jak game at all!

InsolitusDragon said:

April 2nd, 12:48 pm

This is not what I wanted the lost frontier to be…

Enough with these spin off’s ND, where’s the PS3 game you said you were gonna make? The PS2 is becoming somewhat outdated for a great series like this..considering where R&C have gone!

EPIC FAIL!

RenegadeREBEL129 said:

April 2nd, 2:24 pm

FINALLY i have been waiting forever for naughty dog to stop working on uncharted and focus on jack. to bad its not for ps3. the graphics dont look to good, but what can you expect its only the psp.

RenegadeREBEL129 said:

April 2nd, 2:25 pm

was this article posted on april fools day. it better not be a joke.

minameissteve said:

April 2nd, 7:26 pm

If this is real will you still be able to transform into light and dark jak?

Serpent541 said:

April 3rd, 12:30 am

Yea this is true, i dont see why so many people are dissapointed with this, naughty dog is not developing this one, they are busy making Uncharted 2 so a Jak & Daxter game on PS3 would not be possible right now.

mirr0r_dem0n-15 said:

April 3rd, 9:58 am

oh come on if it’s on PS2 why is everyone getting so excited. Better bring it to PS3

sekaniy said:

April 3rd, 12:58 pm

IDK would you guys rather have an Uncharted 2 or Jak game?
For me Jak. But they should listen to us JAk Fans and help the PS3 out NOT PS2!

brady11696 said:

April 3rd, 4:39 pm

i looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve the jak and daxter sereis im probily gonna camp out again (great) lol =)

kcrat99 said:

April 4th, 6:59 am

this is going to be great but when does it come out i cant wait jak and daxter rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sackbud13 said:

April 4th, 3:18 pm

OH MAN!!!! Please reconsider! Put Jak and Daxter on PS3! I’ve always wanted too see Jak and Daxter in high def! :(

StefanBandicoot said:

April 4th, 3:27 pm

Great to see Sony’s “other” dynamic duo return. There hasn’t been a new Jak related game since Daxter on the PSP. Can’t wait for this to come out!

titanflame said:

April 4th, 6:38 pm

this is soo awesome im gonna get it for my PSP & PS2!YYYAAAAAYYYYY

TreyTable said:

April 4th, 8:54 pm

Something about Jak looks really different. His hair. Why does he have helmet head? That’s it. Jak has always before had short hair, spiked a bit, and with a hint of green.

But why the PS2? A new PSP is good, but what about the PS3? Also, what about Naughty Dog? Finally, will it have a great story without Amy Henning?

Jayjay402 said:

April 5th, 5:25 am

I’m pretty disappointed tbh, I wanted a full HD Jak & Daxter, by Naughty Dog, on the PS3 only.
Ah well, I’m still gonna buy it. =]

sawruto87 said:

April 5th, 7:24 am

really, a new jak game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a jak maniac!!!!!!!!! i can’t wait until it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sawruto87 said:

April 5th, 7:27 am

i wonder what high impact games did with this game. comparing it with ratchet and clank:size matters, it should be a really good game. and might have really good graphics. i might by it for both ps2 and psp. so i can play at home and take it while i’m somewhere else.

sawruto87 said:

April 5th, 7:39 am

cory46 you suck

sawruto87 said:

April 5th, 7:43 am

sorry about my last comment. it should be on pg4. the comment was cory46 you suck. because he wrote “no ps3 that sucks. no naughty dog, that suck”

Dark__Gamer said:

April 5th, 10:46 am

I for one am really happy that this is coming out for only psp,ps2

alexdelangel13 said:

April 5th, 11:25 am

HOPE YOU GUYS RESPOND AND SHOW THIS TO NAUGHTY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST WHY NAUGHTY DIG WHY?!?! CANT YOU MAKE IT AND UP DATE IT WITH GOOD GRAPHICS AND MAKE IT A PS3 EXCULSIVE SHOOT INSOMNIAC GAMES IS DOING A CYCLE BETWEEN RESISTANCE AND RATCHET AND CLANK WHY CANT YOU GUYS?

SECOND WHY THE HECK IS HIGH IMPACT GAMES MAKING IT? IT COULD’VE ATLEAST BEEN READY AT DAWN

THIRD PS2?!?!?! JUST LET IT DIE! PSP I UNDERSTAND BUT PS2!?!?

NOW NAUGHTY DOG I HAVE RESPECTED ALL OF YOUR GAMES BUT THIS WAS UTTERLY YOUR WROST DECISION EVER GIVING YOUR JAK AND DAXTER GAME TO HIGH IMPACT GAMES

xJakster25001x said:

April 5th, 2:40 pm

no ps3 :(

XxMysterio619xX said:

April 5th, 8:00 pm

Aw and i was so hopeing for a jak and Dexter game on ps3 :(
And you guys/gals make me laught Lulz.

Dark__Gamer said:

April 5th, 8:16 pm

@ alexdelangel13

Naughty Dog CANNOT makes two games at once like INSOMNIAC. Unlike Insomniac, ND only has between 80-95 people working for them while insomniac has 200-200+

Rogerjak said:

April 6th, 2:56 am

Huge J&D fan, but…. this is not good news.

Lets be fair, it is good news, but not as big as they should.

ND would make a better move if they waited and developed a new Jak game for PS3 after tey did Uncharted.

Ratchet can’t do it alone. We need Jak for Sony’s main console.

pppkouta said:

April 6th, 9:38 am

画質がかなしい。。。

PS3ユーザーはこのゲームはやれないと思う。

せっかくならPS3でリリースしてくれればよかったのに。

High Impact Games がんばってくれ。

sawruto87 said:

April 6th, 4:34 pm

um… mrs or ms.Mathieson, i have 2 questions. 1, was sony computer entertainment america help with game? and 2, when will the game come out?

sawruto87 said:

April 6th, 4:35 pm

i mean “did” sony computer entertainment america help with this game?

sNsKid said:

April 8th, 5:25 pm

Why hasn’t Jak and Daxter made it to PS3? If Rachet and Clank can surely J&D can. I’d be happy with a PSN title if that’s all I could get.

ddydydy said:

April 8th, 5:46 pm

Finally! Jak is back! And he’s not on the PS3! Could this get any better?

…(like a new Sly Cooper game?)

KingMoney said:

April 9th, 1:12 pm

Yeah!!!-wait only on ps2 and psp ummm. Yeah why isn’t Naughtydog making it AND it should be on ps3, I thought that the Ps2 was Dead

KingMoney said:

April 9th, 1:15 pm

Oh and I HOPE it doesn’t spin out of control like Crash did. Arggg… It gives me the chills just THINKING of it.

klondikebar2 said:

April 9th, 3:25 pm

as awesome as a new jak/daxter would be, i thought jak-x racing had closed the book on this series.

feel free to prove me wrong, but the graphics look childish, the series already complete, and the systems “last-gen”.

the series was great, no doubt about it. hands off to naughty dog. but so was crash bandicoot. they had some fun games, then a racing game, and then tried to make some more ps2 titles….

needless to say, crash’s glory days are past. so are jak/daxter’s.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7