Overwatch

Apr 07

Apr 07

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

Nao Zook's Avatar Posted by PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

Hello everyone, my name is Nao Zook from NIS America. Today, we are very excited to announce our upcoming PSP title!

It’s called “Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?” Now, I know the title is super long. In fact, it just might be the longest, and craziest, title in videogame history! But actually, we at NISA are pretty happy with this name.

So anyway, you must be wondering what this game is all about.

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

“Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!” is a strategy game with an RPG feel to it. You play as the God of Destruction, and you must save Badman, the underground overlord from various heroes. Badman is helpless and whiny, but once in a while he finds the cajones to question your actions. Sounds like Badman is a real pain in the butt, huh? But he’s also got some hilarious lines, so we’re sure you’ll have fun with him.

Now, in the actual game you appear as a pickaxe. Okay, we know, it’s just a pickaxe. But you’re the friggin’ God of Destruction! It’s your duty to crush all these pesky heroes invading YOUR underground turf! In order to defeat them, you just dig and dig and dig…this is how you produce the monsters and demons that will serve and fight for you. They have their own Demon Ecosystem, so as they eat each other they will grow and reproduce. The key to this ecosystem is keeping things balanced. Once the balance in the ecosystem breaks, you will lose a great amount of your fighting force to use against the heroes. So you have to pay attention to what happens to your demon army.

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

This game is very simple, but still offers plenty of depth. (Literally! You have to dig pretty deep to save Badman’s empire!)

“Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!” boasts a retro-style visual flair that matches its throwback game style perfectly. And we think lots of people will be attracted to Badman, and won’t be able to stop themselves from spending many sleepless nights with him!

Finally, we are planning to release a demo version of the game on PSN soon, so keep your eyes open!

Here is the tentative package art and a few screenshots from “Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!”

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! PSP Package

Enjoy! Read the full press release after the break.

HOLY INVASION OF PRIVACY BADMAN: WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? COMING TO PLAYSTATION PORTABLE IN JULY 2009

Santa Ana, CA (Apr 7, 2009) – NIS America announced today that the retro classic themed strategy game “Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman: What Did I Do to Deserve This?” will be arriving in North America in July 2009.

As a critically acclaimed strategy game in Japan, Badmanwill make its presence felt in the west this summer. From its retro-classic art style to its simple, yet intuitive game play, Badmanis the anti-trend of games today. However, for players looking for a refreshingly new game experience, Badmanoffers more than plenty.

About Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

The goal of the game is clean and simple: As the God of Destruction, you must create a dungeon that is difficult and powerful enough to fend off human hero invasions. The dungeon must have a self-sustaining ecosystem, so players must strategically dig and create a dungeon with a balanced food chain. Periodically, human heroes will invade the dungeon in order to bring peace and harmony to the world, but they are your enemies. You must destroy the heroes before they capture the Overlord and take him back to the surface.

About Holy Hidden Codes, BadmanOnline Contest

Test your searching and mystery solving skills by participating in the Hidden Code Contest. Grab the secret code below and enter it into our online system to get your first clue. Each clue will lead you to a new code which ultimately will lead you to the mystery page. What lies in this page will be slowly revealed through player exploration.

Contest begins on 4/10/2009

Secret Code: BM579842LM

Enter secret code at this webpage: http://www.holybadman.com/

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Sakimori_X said:

April 7th, 9:21 pm

FINALLY! I thoroughly enjoyed the JP demo when it first came out *ages* ago and am glad to see this finally hit the states. Why the unnecessary name change, though? The original name was quite fitting and had a bit of attitude to it.

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 9th, 12:20 am

Hi Sakimori_X,

you are right. The Japanese title for this game was awesome. I really liked it. But we wanted to make it more for the gamers in the US. So, we decided to change the tile, which NA gamers can relate to and get the joke :) I think the US version of Yusha title is as awesome as the JP version ;)

Thanks,
    Nao

jipmg said:

April 7th, 9:43 pm

ahhh

idk what to get DSi or PSP 3000 !?!!?

Atomika14 said:

April 7th, 9:44 pm

Lame…

TebgDoran said:

April 7th, 10:30 pm

I’m sold. This game simply looks too wacky to pass up.

IIIKAGEIII said:

April 8th, 12:58 am

???

loxapac said:

April 8th, 1:32 am

In europe, please !

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 9th, 12:22 am

Hi loxapac,

I think you\’ll hear good news soon! :)

Thanks,
    nao

laZardo said:

April 8th, 2:13 am

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na NAMAIKIDA!

Jack-Bauer-89 said:

April 8th, 2:22 am

Title for best long game name still goes to Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle-cars

ManaKnight said:

April 8th, 3:18 am

I’m very happy to hear this game is coming stateside. Thank you very much NIS America. :D I never played the Japanese demo, but I followed it.

I hope you also make a post about Cross Edge on the PS Blog, since I’m greatly anticipating that game too.

Fersis said:

April 8th, 4:38 am

Probably the best game name ever.

TheZed88 said:

April 8th, 5:13 am

This thing looks like you combined Dungeon Keeper with DigDug….I love you….

clupula668 said:

April 8th, 5:31 am

Even though I don’t own a PSP, this is an example of why I love NIS. Thanks for supporting us the way you do. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to Cross Edge.

In the meantime, just get that trophy patch to the North American Disgaea 3 and I’ll be a very happy man.

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 8th, 3:57 pm

Hello clupula668!

Thank you! I am glad to hear that you are looking forward to Cross Edge.

As for the trophy patch, we\’re working on it :-) So, hopefully it\’ll be available to you guys soon!

Thanks!

Crueltea said:

April 8th, 6:33 am

So wait, I get it. It’s like a debug version of Dig Dug, with more characters.

Tondog said:

April 8th, 7:42 am

Best game title EVAAAARRRRRRR! :D

reson8er said:

April 8th, 7:59 am

Can’t wait to try out the demo. Thanks!

StalkingSilence said:

April 8th, 8:55 am

like the e-scavenger hunt (holybadman site doesn’t work right now though).

Also, is the game called Yuusha in Japan?

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 9th, 12:24 am

Hi StalkingSilence,

The official Badman website should be working now! (http://www.holybadman.com/)

Yes, it\’s called Yu-sha no Kuseni Namaiki da in Japan.

Thanks,
    Nao

KatanaStrikes said:

April 8th, 10:05 am

Brilliant!

Thanks for bringing this over here.

Can’t freakin’ wait!

Fullmetal156 said:

April 8th, 10:24 am

this game is so over the top wacky……i just might get it lol

x3x1x said:

April 8th, 10:40 am

This looks very interesting. Might have to pick it up based on the fact it appears to be extremely unique.

PullusPardusUS said:

April 8th, 11:04 am

i would love if you guys release Disgaea 3 on PSN, really cant find it.

KwietStorm said:

April 8th, 2:02 pm

FAH…funny as hell

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 8th, 3:29 pm

Hello everyone!
Thank you for your comments to the Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! post.
I’m so happy to hear that you guys liked the title. Our localization team came up with this title, and yeah, we all love the name over here at NISA, too :-)

I just wanted to let you guys know we greatly appreciate your support! Thanks!
*I’ll try to reply to your comments as much as I can!

FilliamHMuffman said:

April 8th, 4:27 pm

Glad to see you’re bringing this over. If SCEA can’t be bothered to release games like Demon’s Souls, Dark Mist, Catan, or Spelunker HD over here, I hope some of them get picked up by a publisher like NIS =).

Skittles2 said:

April 8th, 5:09 pm

@72
Although this is off-topic….

Will you be announcing a US release date for Disgaea 2: Dark Hero days soon D:? Or is that not coming at all? :(

Nao Zook's Avatar

Nao Zook said:

April 8th, 7:49 pm

Hello Skittles 2,
    You\’ll hear good news soon :-)

Midpipps said:

April 8th, 6:22 pm

Best title ever NIS is becoming the goto company for me lately so many good games.

EmperorKorea said:

April 8th, 6:45 pm

that’s a long name…

muzzar69 said:

April 8th, 11:21 pm

ok its offcial that is the best title for a video game ever.

Skittles2 said:

April 9th, 4:36 am

@72
Just Skittles in fine :P.

If you do announce a US release date, I hope we get it sometime around Summer :D.(now NIS just needs to announce their new PS3 game, and my year will be complete)

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

April 9th, 7:01 am

Thank you for all the replies, Nao. I’ll be sure to give the demo a try when it is released and I’ll be looking forward to the Disgaea 3 Trophy patch as well as the good news on Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days ^,^

darthmilo77 said:

April 9th, 12:54 pm

This looks like an awesome game, but I’d change the cover art if I were you. Showing a screencap on the cover makes it look like shovelware. Just imo.

Misantropus said:

April 27th, 12:55 pm

No news on Disgaea 3 US trophy patch yet?

MPRHWBMHSEL said:

April 29th, 3:23 am

NIS always seems to impress me with the excellent games they bring to the U.S. and this game looks like it is no exception and will be a definite purchase from me. Ar tonelico 2 for PS2 is still my favorite game ever. Looking forward to Cross Edge as well. Since I have a PS3 that is backwards compatible I can still play all of NIS titles on PS2 plus the PS3 games and don’t want the PS2 to die just yet. Plus I own a PSP and love any Japanese game no matter what it is even ones like Higurashi, Record of Agarest War, Tears to Tiara,and Atelier Rorona interest me. Looking forward to more rpgs and just any game from NIS. Thank you NIS for sending us such great games to America and will always support you.

SolidSteve00 said:

April 29th, 4:57 pm

I played the japanese demo over a year ago and I thought it was amazing. I called GameStop but they don’t have the title up for reservations… Any news on where I can pre-order this? Any news on when the demo will be up? I’m very excited to play this game!!

MPRHWBMHSEL said:

May 1st, 7:35 am

i actually work for Gamestop and from what I can gather is that it will probably more then likely be reservable after this event unless it is going to be a long ways off of waiting(which I kind of doubt). And who knows maybe Rosenqueen will do some special edition exclusive to Rosenqueen or something exclusive for Gamestop or Amazon. We just got to wait for the good news from the nice people at NIS to release more info. But I am looking forward to what this secret PS3 game is going to be.

PAGE 1 2