PlayStation VR

Apr 08

Apr 08

New Limited Edition Rock Band Unplugged Entertainment Pack

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PSP

Now you don’t need a tour bus to rock out on the road! Rock Band Unplugged, which we announced at the Destination PlayStation conference, just got even better. Not only will Rock Band Unplugged be exclusive to the PSP in 2009, it will also be part of the new Rock Band PSP Entertainment Pack. The Limited Edition Rock Band Unplugged PSP Entertainment Pack will include the Piano Black PSP-3000 system, a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, and a PSN downloadable movie voucher for School of Rock – a huge entertainment value for Rock Band fans and fanboys alike.

So, how does Rock Band Unplugged work on the PSP, you ask? For a quick first look at the game, check out the trailer below.

Rock Band Unplugged creates a full band experience in the palm of your hand by combining key gameplay elements from both Rock Band and Rock Band 2, inclusive of familiar, as well as all-new songs. It introduces new and unique features specifically designed for the PSP, and will also leverage the system’s Wi-Fi capabilities through the first fully-featured in-game store for additional downloadable songs on the PSP. In short, your hands are the “peripherals” as you follow a challenging sequence of colors and lights, rotating between the lead/bass guitars, drums and vocals in an intense attempt to keep your respective instruments at the highest level possible. Simply tap on the D-pad and Face buttons to control each instrument, but keep in mind this is no easy feat!

In addition, Rock Band Unplugged will launch the following tracks exclusively on the PSP:

• 3 Doors Down – “Kryptonite”
  • AFI – “Miss Murder”
  • Alice in Chains – “Would?”
  • Audioslave – “Gasoline”
  • Black Tide – “Show Me the Way”
  • Blink 182 – “What’s My Age Again”
  • Freezepop – “Less Talk More Rokk”
  • Jackson 5 – “ABC”
  • Tenacious D – “Rock Your Socks”

Rock Band Unplugged PSP

For more information on Rock Band Unplugged and the Rock Band PSP Entertainment Pack, be sure to take a look at MTV Games’ announcement on the title, which was made today.

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — 2009 is going to be an impressive year for the PSP. For those of you who don’t own a PSP yet, now is the time. For those who currently own the PSP, we hope you enjoy!

Rock Band Unplugged PSP

Add Your Own

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

April 8th, 9:04 am

@49: those 9 songs are the tracks that aren’t available on RB/RB2 or DLC. The PSP game will include more but I think will be songs from the previous games.

Mooshywooshy said:

April 8th, 9:04 am

Please say normal Rockband will be getting Jackson 5 download content!

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

April 8th, 9:09 am

Hmm there’s no multiplayer? too bad, that’s how I play RB/RB2 90% of the time.

cronqvist said:

April 8th, 9:11 am

I gotta say, It’s exactly what I thought it’d be: just another rhythm game where you press buttons.

RyanPierre said:

April 8th, 9:12 am

I can’t wait for this game to come out! I’ll be buying a PSP just for it and getting this Entertainment Pack. Amplitude and Rock Band finally fused!

Racer_x124 said:

April 8th, 9:26 am

This makes me want a new version of Frequency..but it will never happen..

syk1288 said:

April 8th, 9:28 am

Day one for me.

I have the 1st gen PSP but I don’t use it all.

There is no remote play for every game on the PSN.

I would love to play Crash Commando on my PSP threw remote play.

It also would be great if you guys came out with a PSP which didn’t need any UMD’s just downloadable games.

Or, msybe sell the codes for the downloadable games at Gamestop or any game retailers and wahla. A PSP without UMD’s.

Anyways I would be getting this bundle. I need a new PSP anyways. Just tdidnt have the reason to get one.

Now this is my reason.

Royank said:

April 8th, 9:30 am

“Freezepop – Less Talk More Rokk”

I’m sold

mywhitenoise said:

April 8th, 9:32 am

Tell Harmonix to give us PS3 owners a ‘Remove Song’ Feature for Rock Band 2.
And have them unlock the save! It’s so lame that you have to start a whole new band if your PS3 breaks.

FE_RR said:

April 8th, 9:41 am

it will always be just 4 buttons??, or it will getting harder (just like DJ max portable 2, it has 4-5-6 and 8 buttons) i remember an april’s fool of gamespot making a joke of this last year, now thanks god it’s true!!!

Letters2Kay said:

April 8th, 9:41 am

@ 59

If your PS3 breaks and you’re servicing the machine, a full system backup will even let you save those uncopy-able save games you have and restore them. I recently upgraded my HD to 500GB and didn’t lose a thing thanks to the backup/restore options. Wish I’d have known about it a year or so back before I lost my DMC4 “accolades” (or whatever) but since they aren’t trophies, I don’t really care too much…

KoRnKlOwN69 said:

April 8th, 9:42 am

so anydetails on the rumor on the psp coming out this year dont lie to me now hahaha

Gunwing said:

April 8th, 9:43 am

Well for those that don’t know this PSP version will have full DLC support with it’s in game store, and on top of that get regular DLC updates via that store, and PSN just like the big name console Rock Band games do.

This will add a lot more content to the add-on part of the PSP store for sure! Also Dynasty Warriors, is going to do the same with a long term plan for 50+ missions to be released to both Japanese, and US/EU PSP Stores.

So it seems to me that anybody who wants games for the PSP that will keep on giveing! This is the way to go!

butterflybangs said:

April 8th, 9:44 am

I really hope this turns out well.

The prospect of downloadable content (additional) for the PSP is awesome. I wish other game companies would follow suite.

Also Tenacious D & School of Rock are full of fail. Gtfo out with that mess.

Kairon said:

April 8th, 9:54 am

Noooo! I want 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite on my PS3 Rock Band!!!!! Aghhh!

rmikulus said:

April 8th, 9:56 am

I don’t know why everyone is complaining. A “sequel” to Freq/Amplitude, even in the form of Rock Band, and on the PSP?

I’m stoked!

I’m curious as to how the buttons will work too, though, with the PSP only having an L and R.

lowhonor said:

April 8th, 9:56 am

looks pretty decent, but i’d like to see the whole soundtrack…

SpiritThief said:

April 8th, 10:08 am

*sigh* IMHO…….
Death to Rock Band, Burn Guitar Hero Burn!!

***k your galdware!

BC Rich and Gibson FOR-EV-ER!

Learn to play lazy fakers.

BostonCollegeFan said:

April 8th, 10:23 am

Dear Sony can we please please please get a new Frequency or Amplitude :(

JinZX1 said:

April 8th, 10:27 am

yea uhh i need this psp pack to live.

dehumanizer_666 said:

April 8th, 10:30 am

i have the first generation PSP and barely touch it. The last game i bought for that was God of War Chains of Olympus. I’m going to pass on this one.

TheRealAlpha2 said:

April 8th, 10:46 am

I’m not paying 40 bucks for a DOWNLOAD sony, keep releaseing UMDs I’ll keep buying them.

Kill these stupid PSP2/PSP4000 rumors already so that people will make up their minds on buying one.

No you can’t have another Freq/Amplitude because Sony owns those games and they’d have to get another developer to work on them because HMX is contracted to do EAs games now, it wouldnt be as good as the real developer doing it.

I really hope downloads will be cross platform, I have tons of DLC for RB2 I can not afford to buy DLC for both separately in this economy.

Wollan said:

April 8th, 10:55 am

This game seems very exciting.

If you release a download version I promise you a buy.

lakaiHIGH said:

April 8th, 10:56 am

sweet! can’t wait for this.

thanks,
Lh

ACDarkKnight said:

April 8th, 11:37 am

Any word on multiplayer?

Clay10713 said:

April 8th, 11:48 am

I wish there was a way I could put that Always Sunny In Philadelphia pic as an avatar

Thrasher20 said:

April 8th, 12:39 pm

Well, it is unfortunate that I only have Guitar Hero World Tour. I would get Rock Band 2 but I need money, and I want to get Guitar Hero Metallica before I get RB 2. Thanks for the info by the way

osufan21 said:

April 8th, 12:44 pm

Yeah! Alice in Chains, R.I.P. Layne Staley.

GGCAN said:

April 8th, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the post Kristin.

All these new PSP games coming out are giving me more reasons to purchase a PSP finally.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

April 8th, 1:22 pm

I’m much more likely to buy this than the console version….I wish Sony would bring out Singstar PSP, there’s a mike on it afterall…

pmo1985 said:

April 8th, 1:46 pm

looks like frequency. Im gonna get it for sure

DNAgent said:

April 8th, 2:30 pm

It looks good (especially since it seems you can switch to different instruments during the song).

Will you be able to use the face buttons & directional buttons for harder/faster modes (I assume you will be able to and that there is a harder mode because the trailer looked really easy).

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar

Kristin Neirinckx said:

April 8th, 2:34 pm

Yes, it has levels. You can choose between Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert. There is also an overdrive feature.

ADR143 said:

April 8th, 2:39 pm

looks cool! need psp now

lord_ashour said:

April 8th, 3:06 pm

It’s really disappointing that there is no Ad-hoc game play in a rock band game the whole game was made to jam with your friends not on your own, anyways I’m a sucker for music games so I’ll buy it anyways.

Insyt said:

April 8th, 3:07 pm

AdamMadMan…maybe u should explain your replies a little clearer…ignorant…please kid, step off, i’m not some nerdy gamer (prolly like you)…punk haha

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 8th, 3:45 pm

As promised earlier today, here is the video of GUITAR STAR(it’s processing but should be up soon) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g0CtEhdJPE

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

April 8th, 3:58 pm

Excellent. I’ll be looking forward to this one. Can’t wait to hear the full roster of songs.

Hopefully, Sony releases PSN Cards in Canada soon so I might actually be able to get some DLC from the PSN Store when this comes out.

Sakimori_X said:

April 8th, 4:49 pm

@31: That’s exactly what it looks like.

Amplitude gameplay
+ portable system
+ built-in store
——————
WIN

TheHakku said:

April 8th, 4:50 pm

Oh my god I can’t WAIT for FreQuency 3! Amplitude 2!!

I’m SO getting this!

cnn93 said:

April 8th, 6:18 pm

X(
I was hoping for something that can be attached to the PSP like what the NDS has…but I guess my dream is not coming true!

Dark_Fire_101 said:

April 8th, 8:10 pm

If the video store is not available in our country are we still able to use the voucher to download School of Rock?

DonnyRay said:

April 8th, 9:15 pm

yes its great. its a good way to kill some time for the Playstaion portable. 2009 is a good year for it because sony has all these good game comming out for it. the only bad thing is that this game doesn’t have peripherals to attatch to it.

XxsnipersnakexX said:

April 8th, 10:17 pm

erm, reminds me of amplitude..

spleendingo said:

April 8th, 11:04 pm

Ohhhhh, lookie lookie! Number 68 is a REAL guitar Hero and we should refer to him as such. Or else he’ll get mad about playing video games featuring us “common” folk playing fake guitars.

I’m sure he’s played with many great bands. Or at least the ones that fit in his mom’s basement.

Back on topic, the game looks pretty good for a PSP title. I hope it sells well! :)

Rival_31 said:

April 8th, 11:53 pm

Really reminds me of DJ Max for the psp that many neglected.
Having played DJ Max this game should be a piece of cake.

lilispanyol said:

April 9th, 2:21 am

This game looks great , I’m just wondering if this games has SOME kind of multiplayer (ad-hoc , infrastructure)
I will probally get it , but when I know that there is a multiplayer , I will DEFINANTLY get it

TheHakku said:

April 9th, 6:45 am

This game won’t be like DJMAX. Look up videos of FreQuency or Amplitude. It looks like it will be exactly like this, only with DJMAX 4B control scheme (Left Up Triangle Circle).

videogameconsole said:

April 9th, 7:25 am

What songs are on the game?

FoolKiller79 said:

April 9th, 9:11 am

This looks fun, but as I have Beats, which plays music from my MP3s I will have to give it a rent. Fortunately it is a UMD so I can get it from Gamefly.

I am curious if gameplay always requires you to play as the full band though? Also, I noticed I could see drum bass pedal lines, but we never saw that actually being played in the video. I wonder how that will be done, as well as how the Overdrive is activated. And does each instrument have its own power meter? Too many gameplay questions right now to decide if I will like it or not yet.

But as I enjoy most music games, including something as simple as Beats, and this has the tour mode I love from Rock Band I will likely be picking this up.

And Tenacious D – Rock Your Socks?

So, that means I get to play a “Rock block of Bach?” Sweet. Because “that is Bach and it rocks.”

Bakugan123 said:

April 10th, 10:52 am

I am definately getting this game it looks awsome