Marvel's Spider-Man

Apr 15

Apr 15

God of War Fans: Take the God of War III Collector’s Edition Survey

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SIEA

Yes, our boy Kratos is back, and he’s guaranteed to be raining carnage and devastation upon the Gods and the entire Ancient Greek world. With so much death and destruction already on his plate, Kratos needs YOU in putting together the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition!

To help you summon the wrath of your comments, we’ve crafted together a fairly short survey to ask for your opinions on what will make the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition. Don’t worry; there are no right or wrong answers to this survey. It’s easier than taking your SATs or Driver’s License Test. We just want to give our God of War fans a chance to give us their ‘Kratos’ insights. So don’t hold back. This is your opportunity to rate and compare your own ultimate collector’s wish list. Just make sure you’re logged in to your PSN account =)

Now don’t think we expect you guys to complete this survey without a little reward. We know Kratos wouldn’t =) Conquer this short survey and you will be prized with an exclusive HD wallpaper of Kratos lifting some ‘Grunt’ weights!

You guys know what to do. Click on the image below and take the Ultimate God of War III Collector’s Edition Survey and prove your answers are TRULY WORTHY OF THE GODS!!!

God of War III - Kratos Eyes Base

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9

gekko1986 said:

April 15th, 6:36 pm

This is really awesome of you guys and I hope this is type of thing continues. I would really love for GOWIII and for other games to have a directors commentary. Listening to the devs talk about the creative process and the little details in the level while I am playing would be great. Also having supplementary material as far as a making of doc and commentary in the standard edition should really be the norm in my opinion.

eddieMX07 said:

April 15th, 6:37 pm

I also took the survey via the email I received. It’s always a good thing when a brand wants to hear the opinions of their consumers. Some companies even pay you for your opinions. It’s true I should know since I have made a lot of money by taking surveys. That’s how I was able to buy a PS3 last December.

Alway, I am a big God of War fan ever since I played the first game. The God of war series has been so good to me, it even got me an “A” in one of my Intro to Humanities class. I made a presentation and paper on how God of war is similar to Homer’s epic novel The Odyssey.

The only thing I want the the Collector’s Edition of God of war is a some kind of action figure like the one that was on the Bioshock special edition. I don’t really care about the other stuff but it would be since to have. I think having the GOW1 or 2 in blu-ray will delay the game or it might use up resources that could be used to improve God of War 3.

SecretAgentHam said:

April 15th, 6:37 pm

kratos coffee mug please!

kidding. (or am i?)

i would love 1 & 2 on a BR disc. but all in all a QUALITY!!! (READ: QUALITY!) Kratos figurine would make me purchase it for sure.

xI-Red-Ix said:

April 15th, 6:37 pm

GOW1/2 on HD blu-ray!?
*faints*

darn you PSB!! now i want it to come our tommorow!

Poopypirate said:

April 15th, 6:37 pm

Trilogy set perhaps?? with extras?

Draicus said:

April 15th, 6:38 pm

It’s nice to see that you’re taking our thoughts on the matter into consideration.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

April 15th, 6:41 pm

I hate the idea of paying for a collectors edition of god of war. The previous games offered a ton of content for free. A soundtrack, documentaries.

eddieMX07 said:

April 15th, 6:42 pm

I think a trilogy set is bad idea since some people already played GOW 1 and 2. But if it were done it would better to include one or two in a ps2 pack for people who are new to the God of war series.

CapnWacky said:

April 15th, 6:43 pm

I took the survey, but I have a couple of additional suggestions for content.

1) I really liked the museum of unused character models that was included in GOW1. I think for a game with such great attention to art direction, a model viewer and/or gallery of unused assets with bits of commentary would be fantastic.

2) Rather than a hard copy art book, I would prefer a digital gallery of high res concept art and whatever else goes in an art book. I might be in the minority, but I have no need for an actual book.

3) PLEASE DO NOT include exclusive game content in the collector’s edition unless you will also make it available as DLC on the PSN store. If it has to be paid DLC, then so be it, but don’t screw people on game content if they decide the CE extras generally don’t appeal to them.

Thanks for listening.

BoobooJones said:

April 15th, 6:43 pm

Wow I’m really excited about this game. Please make it out in 09. Pleeasssssssssssssssssssssssssssse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you don’t *sniff* I’ll cry. =(

Enforcer_X said:

April 15th, 6:44 pm

RELEASE IT ALL!
I will pay $200+ for it all!
I LOVE IT!

Tntnnbltn said:

April 15th, 6:45 pm

Awesome. As someone who already own GOW1 and 2 on PS2, I would have a very large amount of money to have them included on disc in a collector’s edition. A VERY large amount of money.

With regards to the other stuff; others I have spoken to (myself included) value developer commentary, behind the scenes, cinematics and art books. Not so much with the tacky collector’s items.

Also, thanks to PSBlog for hosting this survey here. A great way to let fans have their voices heard.

wocyob said:

April 15th, 6:47 pm

wish every game that was doing a CE did this

thanks for the wallpaper “using it now :P”

god of war 3 is going to be AWESOME!

Chaos_Bladez said:

April 15th, 6:49 pm

I’m glad I get to help in the creation for the CE and although full BC for the PS3 is ideal (firmware update?) GOW 1 + 2 on Blu Ray would be awesome.

Thanks for the wallpaper!

dehumanizer_666 said:

April 15th, 6:50 pm

Just finished filling out the survey. Looking forward to the release. I hope it’ll be released this year.

Fluidshine said:

April 15th, 6:50 pm

That survey was awesome! We are getting the chance to hopefully decide what we will be getting in GOW3 CE!! The God of War 1 and 2 on Blu-ray Disc would be so amazing!! (as everyone has been saying) I just hope that it will have enhanced graphics (to at least 720p).

dulcediana said:

April 15th, 6:51 pm

So we gonna have backwards via emulation someday? or version of great hits playable on ps3?…well I want to have the games on blue ray anyway..and god this was the most cool post ever .

thanks ps blog

polite_society said:

April 15th, 6:52 pm

I assume that the developer commentary would play while you were playing through the game? That would be pretty interesting.

Also for the exclusive download content please make it free for limited edition people, but still provide it at a cost for people that couldn’t or didn’t buy the limited edition.

I also assume that having GOW1&2 on the blu-ray disc, it would also allow you to play those games on your PS3 somehow. I really miss them since I had to pack up my PS2 to make space in the loungeroom for the PS3. :(

*whispers* That means I really miss backwards compatibility.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 15th, 6:52 pm

GOD OF WAR IS THE BEST 1PG EVER!…UNCHARTED IS THE 2ND BEST …IMO:P..BUT YEAH I TOOK THE SURVEY AND I HOPE MY IMPUT WAS VERY USEFULL..US GOW FANS WOULD LOVE IT..ESSPECIALLY A FIGURINE OF KRATOS! OMFreekinGoodness-lol ..BUT YEAH THANX FOR THE WALLPAPER IT WAS VERY THOUGHT FULL OF YOU GUYS KEEP UP THE GREAT EXCELLENT WORK!..AND TAKE YOUR TYME PERFECTING THE GAME BUT HURRRY UP!LOL

Destiny89 said:

April 15th, 6:52 pm

Yes please add both god of war games on Blu-Ray as i havent played any of the 2 yet.

mastrofallz said:

April 15th, 6:55 pm

Jeez Destiny, you’re missing out.

Insomnia999 said:

April 15th, 6:55 pm

I filled it out.
Good idea that you guys asked the consumers!

Mercedes-Benz said:

April 15th, 6:58 pm

Playstation3 was my first Sony Console purchase, so itd be great to be able to play games I missed from the PS1/PS2 (FF/GT/GOW/etc)

I hope you guys include this, I love my PS3 better than my Wii & 360 by far…

Sadly, I dont think I would play GOW3 if I couldn’t play GOW1/2 on the PS3… I can’t play sequels without playing the originals first! So I hope you guys do it! Thatd be one amazing BluRay Purchase (GOW1/2/3) wow

krae_man said:

April 15th, 7:00 pm

Whatever you choose to do, for the love of god, dont charge $130 for it. $80 tops.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 15th, 7:02 pm

@120…u must be patricks(he lives under a rock in Spongebob SP) room mate cuz this game is great and you have yet played any of them!..guys like u dont deserve the blueray copy of gow 1&2.TRUE FANS OF GOW deserve ..the kratos figurine,T-shirt and exclusive dlc!:p this game is hardcore and i think the CE should be too!

N_Drake said:

April 15th, 7:05 pm

It will be cool if the Collector’s Edition box be a treasure box!

TRIX_BOL said:

April 15th, 7:06 pm

Hey thanks for letting us know and for the HD-Wallpaper, I appreciate it.

Mr. Chan, I love your’s Kratos Avatar!
Could we get one like that as PSN Avatar? :)
However, is there going to be a release date for God of War® III at E3’09?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

April 15th, 8:28 pm

Not a problem on the wallpaper, TRIX. We\’ll do a little digging on the PSN Avatar =)

TheHater2 said:

April 15th, 7:07 pm

@126 N_Drake
The Collector’s Edition shouldn’t be a treasure box, it should be Pandora box from God of War 1.

Lemm said:

April 15th, 7:08 pm

BETTER YET:

Put God of War 1, 2, and 3 on the same disc…BUT…

MAKE THEM UPSCALE TO NATIVE 1080p / 60 FPS (for GoW1/2). That would be freaking awesome to have all three GoW games, with the first two being in high def.

If you can make this happen, I will gladly shell out more cash for a collector’s edition.

mafecto said:

April 15th, 7:10 pm

God of War 1 and 2 on Blu-Ray FTMFW!

This and exclusive packaging (duh) would print money!

Just don’t charge more than $79.99 for it.

Chance_Splinter said:

April 15th, 7:11 pm

@Lemm

In all fairness, that would be freaking awesome. I wonder how difficult it would be – I know a modder community managed to get God of War 1 running in 1080p with a… umm… a technology that I won’t mention here.

Onslaught500 said:

April 15th, 7:16 pm

no full sized replica cestus?

MiiAmigo said:

April 15th, 7:16 pm

Thanks for allowing us give our opinions. Us the fans are looking forward to Kratos in HD. I really hope our votes are taken into consideration so we can have the Collector’s Edition to rule them all.

FEARnot_ said:

April 15th, 7:18 pm

God of War 1 and 2 on the bluray disk would be sooo awesome! Id buy it 100% doesnt matter how much $! please put that in the collectors edition!

N_Drake said:

April 15th, 7:19 pm

@TheHater2
Pandora box will be cool either.

Jim777 said:

April 15th, 7:20 pm

This is the greatest idea and use of the PS blog i have seen in a long time kudos to you guys and i cant WAIT for GOW III. Along with the collectors edition could we get some pre ordor goodies? Like Home outfits or early demo access? Just a thought from inFamous

Neil said:

April 15th, 7:24 pm

Took the survey, you guys should do more.

Gow 1 and 2 on Bluray please!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

April 15th, 8:30 pm

More God of War surveys to come, Neil. Stay tuned

MrBeatdown said:

April 15th, 7:25 pm

I have a few things I’d like to throw out there.

1. A regular PS3 game case. I don’t mind special packaging like a tin case, but I tend to avoid special editions because I can’t store them on the shelf in a stack with the rest of my games. Do what you did with the Resistance 2 LE. Include a normal plastic PS3 case.

2. $69.99 price. Any more than that and I will not buy it regardless of what you include. I can’t justify spending more than that on any game.

3. No “exclusive” in-game content. More often than not, it doesn’t seem very worthwhile, or it just feels like it was excluded from the regular edition. I mean, if it is that good to begin with, wouldn’t it be better if it was included in every game?

4. If you are going to include the PS2 games, make them HD and add trophies (possibly the same amount of trophies that you include in PSN games). That would be amazing. Add something that makes them worth owning seeing as how fans of the series probably own the first two games.

5. Make whatever you include useful. I could use a t-shirt or a key chain or inproved versions of the first two games. A little statue or something wouldn’t be worth my money.

Thanks for listening to our input!

aronlennon said:

April 15th, 7:25 pm

I really liked the ideas for the Collector’s Edition.
Thanks for posting this and letting us have a say in it. :)
Also thanks for the wallpaper!

Raacky said:

April 15th, 7:28 pm

trophy support for gow 1 and 2 would be sick, but that seriously made me laugh..haha also the pandoras box suggestion was on point, why wouldn’t you??

Raacky said:

April 15th, 7:29 pm

oh yeah, that comment was for #100 haha

DrHorrible256 said:

April 15th, 7:32 pm

I would love to have the original two god of wars available to play on my ps3. I have a ps2 and a non-backward compatible ps3 (I know you guys took that out for a reason but it still really bums me out I can’t play ps2 games on my ps3), but I’ve never owned a god of war game and to be able to get all 3 at once to play on ps3 would be PERFECT.

Also please don’t make a bonus like the original two god of wars on one blu-ray an exclusive to some giant 100 dollar back with a figurine and a book and all that other stuff. While I certainly think it’s fine to sell that stuff it would be nice to have a middle tier such as a 70-80 dollar version with all three god of wars for ps3. Thanks for asking.

oggob said:

April 15th, 7:35 pm

Know this will be a US (and likely CA) only promotion…

Being from AU land, under the EU Umbrella… with a EU Blog starting up in the next couple of days… it would be great if this Collector’s Edition is Worldwide (unlike the Resistance 2 offering)…

Or we will settle for the results to be sent through the the EU Team, so we can get something similar…

TakiFuGu said:

April 15th, 7:43 pm

That would be an incredible deal. I myself never played God of War 1 and 2. This would give me a chance to actually play all the games. I say HELL YEAH!

DF334 said:

April 15th, 7:43 pm

Hell Yes! This would be the most that a game has ever given anyone in the history of CE’s!

dacono said:

April 15th, 7:53 pm

make it reasonabley price and in include GoW 1 and 2 on blu ray disk a blu ray disk with lots of content and a kratos figure but make it reasonabley priced

mpnjdevil07 said:

April 15th, 7:55 pm

i like the wallpaper but i thought we were getting the picture you guys used in the article the one with Kratos face, looks better than the otherone, any possibilities for you guys to give us that image as a wallpaper? thanks , and SONY keep it up, love my PS3.

Amnoz said:

April 15th, 7:56 pm

If a collectible item is going to be added, PLEASE, do not make it one of those busts/statues that have come out in most other note worthy games collector’s editions such as Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 and Assassins Creed. Instead, come out with an awesome ACTION FIGURE like in the collector’s edition of Resistance 2. That is the pinnacle of cool for collectibles. Also there was no option for a poster, that would be preferable to a t-shirt or a key chain as Kratos never looks as good with other people. He is meant to be alone which was said in a recent interview, so let us put him on our wall!

One more thing, all extra videos you slap in there, film them in high def, it really is a noticeable flaw.

sNsKid said:

April 15th, 7:57 pm

Thanks for the wallpaper.

Axecution said: