Spider-Man PS4

Apr 16

Apr 16

Introducing SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Mark Rogers's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SCEA

It’s been over 2 years since we released SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 for the PlayStation Portable. During that time we’ve been working diligently to improve the SOCOM Fireteam Bravo series and are excited to announce the upcoming release of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 for the PSP.

Join the ominous world of ex-secret operatives as you lead a covert operation to track and interrogate former KGB agent, Alexander Gozorov who is believed to be withholding information on a forthcoming attack with weapons of mass destruction.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot 1

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 screenshot

While the SOCOM name has long been synonymous with multiplayer tactical gaming, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 takes it a step further allowing players to tackle missions with teamwork and firepower. Players can also compete online; communicate via voice chat, battling for Medals and a place on SOCOM’s online leaderboards.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 is being developed by Slant Six Games. Keep your eyes on the blog to check out a teaser trailer for SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 in the near future.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

nv_Los said:

April 16th, 9:01 am

Seems really awesome

Enigma777 said:

April 16th, 9:02 am

I hope this is better than the previous Slant Six games…..

Bildo818 said:

April 16th, 9:04 am

Yeah I agree! I really enjoy all the SOCOM games on the PSP. I am also glad to hear that /6 was working on something other than Confrontation. I mean, people couldn’t think the Confrontation updates were the only thing this developer was working on!

HOWEVER! I am almost at 100 hours of SOCOM Confrontation(after stat reset minus BETA time) and I really want some new maps! Thankfully I think on the SOCOM blog, they FINALLY mentioned DLC. I think its the first time its even been mentioned by them!

Bildo818 said:

April 16th, 9:05 am

Oh yeah…Zipper did FTB1 and FTB2…/6 only did Tactical Strike. So hmmm…we’ll see. Althought I thought Tactical Strike was absolutely FANTASTIC! Such a great change of the SOCOM franchise and it worked!

SouthwoodS said:

April 16th, 9:08 am

NEver played the first to Fireteam Bravo’s but i have Tactical Strike (can’t get past the part where you have to disable the bombs on the oil towers things) but it is a great game. Socom Confrontation is an amazing game. Just need DLC for SOCOM CONFRONTATOIN.
GOING TO buy this game.

JimmyHACK said:

April 16th, 9:09 am

Yay another good Socom game, it’s been a while

Bildo818 said:

April 16th, 9:10 am

(can’t get past the part where you have to disable the bombs on the oil towers things) ‘

This was a really tough part!!! Once you get inside, all hell breaks loose!

ManaKnight said:

April 16th, 9:12 am

Glad to see a Fire Team Bravo 3 come. I was actually pretty impressed by what Slant Six Games did with SOCOM Tactical Strike on PSP, so this should be all right (I personally feel Slant 6 is better suited for PSP than PS3 development).

SPOPS said:

April 16th, 9:14 am

YAWN…

I saw SOCOM and thought that I was finally going to hear some good news about Confrontation. You know maybe some DLC, etc…

Game has been out for over 6 months now and we do not have a single stitch of DLC.

Incubuster said:

April 16th, 9:15 am

Sweet! PSP’s year gets even better! :D And best of luck to people at Slant Six, you’ve got your work cut out for you.

Bildo818 said:

April 16th, 9:15 am

So far all positive things about Tactical Strike! Nice /6!

Confrontation just needs about 5-6 new maps and it will shut the haters up for a few months. You frequent updates and improvements to the game are getting praise now. So lets keep it up!

Nynja said:

April 16th, 9:18 am

If the weapon selection or registering button presses is anything like Confrontation, forget it.

SmogItUp said:

April 16th, 9:20 am

STFU with this lame PSP garbage. Fix Socom Confrontation, give us new maps, and apologize to the fans you lied to before the release of Confrontation.

darkwing75 said:

April 16th, 9:21 am

Will this be released on the PSN too?

LordMetzen said:

April 16th, 9:22 am

Dear God, Slant Six developing this new game…hope they do a better job than with Confrontation.

Tactical Strike was good, but if anyone played Confrontation, they left a lot to be desired on release.

Hope they redeem themselves with this new game.

BIG-SLUG said:

April 16th, 9:22 am

I agree with SPOPS. With RE5 taking most of my video game time nowadays, I need an excuse to get back into Confrontation (more maps, more guns, more fun!)

Nynja said:

April 16th, 9:25 am

I had tactical strike, but traded it in. I would really like to give it another go, but I have been waiting for the PSN download version.

Since I’m on that subject… When are we going to get some better download options on the PSN store for PSP (referring to the UMD titles)?

I’ve seen the other SCEE and SCEI stores… What is SCEA waiting for?

InFaMoUs1- said:

April 16th, 9:28 am

PLEASE ADD PSP PLUS TO THIS GAME!!!!

I’d love this game even more if I could use my Dual Shock 3 controller!

zombie9 said:

April 16th, 9:31 am

LOL I don’t even think /6 is done with Confrontation on PS3 yet??? And there making a PSP Game I guess Socoom on PS3 is dead for awhile..

Stoffinator said:

April 16th, 9:32 am

Good to see the PSP start to get some love.

Griffins22 said:

April 16th, 9:32 am

Interesting. Any word on a demo?

lonewolf1994 said:

April 16th, 9:33 am

WHAT ABOUT SOCOM CONFRONTATION??

Kren420 said:

April 16th, 9:35 am

…..Slant Six……..I dunno……. i really would like to purchase myself a PSP soon but this is probably the least convincing game for the PSP ive seen all year….. Regardless i think its time I took the plunge

lowhonor said:

April 16th, 9:39 am

eh…i think there are enough socom games on the psp

Heavenly_king said:

April 16th, 9:40 am

I was hoping for better graphics, but if it plays great I will buy it :D

usjvc said:

April 16th, 9:43 am

Slant Six ruined SOCOM. Stop this franchise already.

Tezasaurus said:

April 16th, 9:45 am

No wonder Confrontation is so broken and the updates create more problems than they fix. Slant Six hasn’t even been focusing on them. Thanks for [DELETED] us over.

RNBaran said:

April 16th, 9:50 am

i have a question

Socom Fireteam Bravo 1&2 had connectivity to the console counterparts of Socom 3&CA. Is Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 going to have any bonuses for either having past Fireteam Bravo’s or Confrontation (or even Tactical Strike)?

PullusPardusUS said:

April 16th, 9:51 am

man you guys are really whiny , i mean, they’re new to the online thing they released the game and thought the online would work , but it didnt so they fixed it, so why are you guys still whining like angst teenagers?.

only thing i want is news on DLC for Confrontation

Slant Six is good, they learned , they fixed , they’re still working more. what else do you want?

TheNukes said:

April 16th, 9:55 am

oh goody look its being developed by SlantSix, I think I will pass after the Confrontation Fiasco and I am sure so will many others

Here is a tip, drop SlantSix and find a competent developer.

VenomXv said:

April 16th, 9:57 am

PSP is going to have an awesome year. Best yet! I want that UMDless psp2 so bad.

Confucius89 said:

April 16th, 9:59 am

What Slant Six Games, this game is over before it even began.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

April 16th, 10:02 am

I have my reservations about slant six since they didn’t make FTB 1 or 2 I don’t think they’ll really capture and improve what made those two games great without changing it drastically.

Psycho_Eddie said:

April 16th, 10:03 am

Slant Six?! After the cluster-frack they made of Confrontation? Lay off the pipe Whitney.

Darkos87 said:

April 16th, 10:05 am

Slant Six? Oh emmm efff gee noooo

evildude683 said:

April 16th, 10:07 am

Man, Im telling you even the Socom game for PSP have WAY better graphics than the one for PS3….

DaxMontana said:

April 16th, 10:13 am

Slant Six did me up the rear-end once (Confrontation). Not quite sure I’m willing to bend over a second time.

Fusion_ID said:

April 16th, 10:13 am

lol. I guess evildude683 runs his PS3 on a Black & white, 1950’s TV.

XxBigP123xX said:

April 16th, 10:16 am

I will never buy another game from Slant Six after Socom Confrontation.

NEVER.

Psycho_Eddie said:

April 16th, 10:19 am

@PullusPardusUS

Spoken like someone that pays for his games with his allowance.

cybershinigami87 said:

April 16th, 10:22 am

I’ve always been a huge fan of the Socom games on the psp minus Socom tactical. I’m excited about this and i hope it’s as good or even better than FT Bravo 2

Bildo818 said:

April 16th, 10:28 am

Do you guys really think a company with 100+ employees are only working on updating 1 game? I laugh at you! LOL

Ever heard of teams? Projects? Yeah, keep thinking Confrontation is the only thing they are concerned about. Hey, I am with you in regards to wanting new maps/guns etc, but come on!

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 16th, 10:32 am

I Beta tested the two previous versions, can I test this one as well? Also now that they have this out of the way, can we assume that the newest patch will be incoming soon and that new maps will be released within the next month or so? We are getting bored with the few maps we have right nwo and would like to have at least 7-9 more maps. Guns too and bring back turrets. Even some C.A. maps would be nice(with vehicles).

I’ll buy this day one, must go preorder it today.

direkt57 said:

April 16th, 10:33 am

i guess they just gave up on fixing their ps3 iteration and just thougth to try threir luck on a smaller scale.

this will probably be broken too…

StalkingSilence said:

April 16th, 10:37 am

I can’t wait to battle for “Medals” in this game. Hmm.. I wish they were actually PSP trophies as opposed to medals. I guess in my dreams…

mountain_duwe said:

April 16th, 10:38 am

Maybe Slant Six should worry about fixing Confrontation first before they go ahead and make a horrendous PSP title, yeah?

toology01 said:

April 16th, 10:39 am

Yea I too wouldnt mind a REAL Socom release for the PS3. I was so disappointed with confrontation and the fact that it didnt even have a single player campaign too was ridiculous. Since I bought confrontation day 1 I was really mad cause i couldnt even play it for the first 2 weeks.

Anyway I know Zipper is working on MAG right now and am excited about that title, but I wouldnt mind if the PS3 socom franchise got passed to a different developer next time around and include a single player component. It would be awesome to see what Guerilla Games could do with it :)

MaGeeK-mAn said:

April 16th, 10:48 am

What about the CE system? Anyway continue the discussion by the socom.com forums!

DJMathU said:

April 16th, 10:55 am

OMG soooo exited! Its gonna be so much fun!!!!

mafecto said:

April 16th, 10:55 am

1600 FAT PRINCESS BETA KEYS AVAILABLE AT USATODAY.COM. Hurry! It’s been up for about an hour. Under “The Game Hunters” section. Direct link from joystiq.com as well.

PAGE 1 2