God of War

Apr 23

Apr 23

BioShock 2 Unveiled – Submit Your Questions!

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

BioShock 2 black logo

Let’s just take a second to reflect on how great it is that BioShock 2 is releasing simultaneously on the PLAYSTATION 3 this time around…OK, enough daydreaming about the underwater city of Rapture, because we’re here to tell you just how amazing BioShock 2 is already looking, underlined by a drill-wielding Big Daddy of a main character. Hunting the Big Sisters and utilizing Plasmids to unload a host of destruction, the return of Rapture brings a whole new world of experiences.

We listened last week as a some of the team behind the BioShock series talked about how this sequel came about and how this time around, you can take you Big Daddy outside the indoor confirms of Rapture and explore the surrounding sea. You now have the ability to Harvest or Adopt a Little Sister, and that dynamic will be an important driving force in the game and the incessant hunt for Adam.

And in a few weeks, Jeff and I will hop over to publisher 2K Games for a video interview with some of the brains behind the game. Of course, we’ll need your questions to make that happen. So drop your burning inquiries as comments, and we’ll make sure to get the goods in the very near future.

BioShock 2 Screenshot 3 - Flame On!

BioShock 2 Screenshot 2 - Menace BioShock 2 Screenshot 1- Shipwreck

Add Your Own

marcosrdz said:

April 23rd, 1:04 pm

Will it be 1080p native? Co-op?

Jeigh said:

April 23rd, 1:04 pm

There’s a sticking point in the main post: “how great it is that BioShock 2 is releasing simultaneously on the PLAYSTATION 3 this time around” ? Interesting, because I was thinking “how ridiculous it was that it didn’t release simultaneously LAST TIME.”

I’ll watch with a skeptical look on my face until the very end, and potentially afterwards as well.

DarkCollaring said:

April 23rd, 1:04 pm

2 things I wish for the sequel :

1) No multiplayer, yeah you heard right. I prefer more goodies in single player than having another multiplayer I’m not going to use.

2) 25/50 gigs. USE IT ! ;)

tearsofash said:

April 23rd, 1:05 pm

Home support?

Link01 said:

April 23rd, 1:05 pm

I want to know if there’s a bloody install on the game? ……….. an install * in my eyes * is only acceptable with exclusive content to come along with it……. otherwise it’s not……

mixenitup said:

April 23rd, 1:06 pm

I doubt any of these questions are answered as it is still a bit early for most of these to be answered especially the questions that may cause a negative impact on sales. if they are trying to create a hype for pre-sales and for the game to be purchased in Q4 then I highly doubt they will answer any question that might make them look bad, like the Bioshock 1 PS3 inferiority. Or if they do answer it may not be honest. Personally the ps3 copy is equal if not better.

LukeinDeidre said:

April 23rd, 1:07 pm

Why aren’t there more PS1 games on the PSN?

JBruno said:

April 23rd, 1:07 pm

I dont want question anything, just say thank you 2k for release a good port ( with the patch at last )of Bioshock for PS3, I have a great time with the game and the challenge rooms in my Playstation. Cant wait for the sequel…

mixenitup said:

April 23rd, 1:07 pm

Error:
Personally I hope the ps3 copy is equal if not botter

Gullerback said:

April 23rd, 1:08 pm

Seeing as Bioshock has centered around a strong presence of duh.. Water, Will Water play a larger role in the game the player can utilize in various forms to show off bioshocks awesome effects this time around? Maybe in the form of Combat, Cinematics, etc.

NeoRaidenX said:

April 23rd, 1:09 pm

As most would ask:
Custom soundtracks?

gor1llap1mp said:

April 23rd, 1:10 pm

Hey 2K, are you going to be needing all the developers that made the PS3 edition again or are you comfortable with its architecture? Can one team pull it off?

ryanc08 said:

April 23rd, 1:11 pm

@45

Im not saying developers half a$$ games, i mean Fallout 3 is terrible compared to the PC version with a lack of DLC and a lame ending. I just think that Bioshock isnt one of those games. I beat it on 360 and played it on PS3, same game, nothing different except for the exclusive DLC for PS3

themacstewie said:

April 23rd, 1:12 pm

it’s an unreal3 based game.
it’s pretty well established it runs equally well on all consoles.

ryanc08 said:

April 23rd, 1:13 pm

I meant to say *Im not saying developers dont half a$$ games* They need an edit button

hermes200 said:

April 23rd, 1:17 pm

I have a question for them:

– Will they include an option to change the controller layout and button mapping on this game?

Seriously, the game is great, but the controllers are very unintuitive, which affects the gameplay. I would like to change the buttons next time, at least.

SPJammer said:

April 23rd, 1:18 pm

DLC. Will the download content for the game be the same on both system or will one system get exclusive levels ala FallOut 3?

King_Tut1 said:

April 23rd, 1:20 pm

well ive heard quite a few things about it will it be as infirior to the 360 as the first one was? will there be a demo? when is the realease date. and what will place co-op and or play in this title? and will it be online

diare33 said:

April 23rd, 1:21 pm

nice avatar Chris, u a radiohead fan like me?

Enforcer_X said:

April 23rd, 1:23 pm

1. Home integration big daddy preorder costume?
2. Lead platform?
3. Native Resolution 1080p?
4. Multiplayer?
5. Special Collectors Edition? (I want a giant Big Daddy) =)
6. Finally when can I return to rapture?

Thanks! Can’t wait!

Shin-Ra said:

April 23rd, 1:25 pm

Bioshock should have shipped without issues but the major issues were patched and some things are graphically superior.

Gringo234 said:

April 23rd, 1:26 pm

Not to sure about this one since I looked at the first Bioshock as a one time thing.

But I do have a question.

How fast or slow will the Big Daddy be moving? Since they were pretty slow unless they rushed me with the drill.

Also what kind of multiplayer would be in the game? If so why add multiplayer to game like Bioshock 2? I don’t want to be a throw away.

NewYork214 said:

April 23rd, 1:28 pm

for some reason i didnt like bioshock 1. might just be that i started the game on the hardest difficulty though. so dieing alot against that stupid big daddy with the gun and mines made me quit and it was only the 3rd level. so i sent it back to gamefly to rent at a later date when i didnt have as many games that i wanted to play piled up

asm101 said:

April 23rd, 1:29 pm

Will, and if so how will, the first bioshock tie into this one.

what are some major improvements you guys have made, that can be about any thing..sound , gameplay effects, graphics..anything

Fausk said:

April 23rd, 1:29 pm

Is there more non-combat puzzle related stuff (like the PS3 exclusive challenge rooms) this time around?

Jon_Mclane said:

April 23rd, 1:31 pm

Will you follow in Insomniac games footsteps and offer the first games dlc for free as soon as the sequel releases?

bigdaddyjane said:

April 23rd, 1:31 pm

My question is…will their be multiplayer?

Midgetguy said:

April 23rd, 1:35 pm

Okay, here’s my question:

Technology-wise, what are you doing in Bioshock 2 that you didn’t/couldn’t do in the first Bioshock?

Will there be any exclusive features for the Playstation 3 version much like the first Bioshock and the challenge rooms, or will all console’s releases have the same content?

That’s all for now, thanks for taking our questions!

Gorvi said:

April 23rd, 1:36 pm

Are they planning a demo?

Midgetguy said:

April 23rd, 1:38 pm

OH! Of course, I forgot to ask a VERY important question:

What do you think are the odds of having a replica of Rapture in Playstation Home?

(PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!! This would SUPERB and it would allow players who haven’t even heard of Bioshock to see what the game is all about… think of all the potentially new buyers.)

The_X_Factor_9 said:

April 23rd, 1:38 pm

Don’t listen to a lot of these cynical posters. I thought your port of BioShock was well done. Thank you for bringing the game to PS3 with extra content. I am looking forward to BioShock 2.

asop89 said:

April 23rd, 1:41 pm

I have a couple of question for the team if you don’t mind asking the team:

– Will there be Home support for the game? I like having a Big Daddy figure for my space in Home :)

– And I liked the idea behind the trophies of the first game where they made the player to try all the aspects & features of the game (like photography, hacking, plasmids…..), will the second game have these kind of trophies now that we’ll be playing as the Big Daddy?

Thanks in advance & appreciate any response.

smokey_vols said:

April 23rd, 1:44 pm

I’m going through BioShock right now on survivor difficulty and i’m loving it.

jipmg said:

April 23rd, 1:48 pm

How big of an install will the game have?

KidCommando said:

April 23rd, 1:49 pm

Bioshock was an amazing game with an even better storyline. I hope Bishock 2 stays true and follows the same principals that made the first one so compelling.

Since we are revisiting Rapture for the second game; how much of the city will be retreaded and how much of the city can we expect to be brand new?

I think its a cool idea going back into Rapture, but I fear that decision was made to utilize more of Bioshock’s levels in order to push this game out quickly. If we are going to be running around in the same areas as before, with the only difference being a couple new holes with water pouring in; that would really kill my spirits.

Please tell me the majority of Bioshock 2’s levels will be BRAND NEW and not rehashes from the first.

Also, when you use the drill, it should dig into the guy some and not just knock him back…hopefully that will change from the video I saw.

ProSoldier14 said:

April 23rd, 1:51 pm

With you being the Big Daddy this time around, will you be able to smash enemies to the walls with your drill like they did in the first game?

SPARDA said:

April 23rd, 1:56 pm

Hello,
will the 2K developers take more advantage of the PS3 hardware this time around?
We all seen what the PS3 is capable of with Killzone 2 and got also a glimpse of upcoming games such as Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3 which look phenomenal. I hope 2K is one of the those third parties that will start pushing the envelope also.

Let us know

Thanks

SPARDA

EddyxMob said:

April 23rd, 1:56 pm

My Question

Since I read the First Look on GameInformer and Know lots about Ima Bioshock FAN ^.^

1) Besides Old Plasmids Coming back and Some Aren’t (Hypnoyize a Big Daddy lol) what could be some possible new one replacing old one that wont be around and are specifically for the Big Daddy we play has?

2) When we enter the Water Area where we swim is it free swimming or only objective swimming and would we be able to see wild life?

kosluftar said:

April 23rd, 1:57 pm

Wasn’t on PS3 on time the first time, I’m not getting it this time.

Especially since the same people are not doing it this time.

WakeAndBake52 said:

April 23rd, 2:02 pm

Can you describe any new features in Bioshock 2?

commedieu said:

April 23rd, 2:04 pm

Chris,

Will you ask about the quality of the PS3 Version please?

HHH247 said:

April 23rd, 2:10 pm

1. are you playing as a big dady
2. what are the new plazmids (i dont think i spelled it right)
ps. bioshock is the best

zombie_56 said:

April 23rd, 2:11 pm

cool i might consider buying it

zombie_56 said:

April 23rd, 2:12 pm

only if theirs trophies

BigPoppaB said:

April 23rd, 2:12 pm

@2

Fanboys will be fanboys.

Although its definitely true that most multiplats unfortunately have the edge on the 360… having played Bioshock on both consoles, they run and look exactly the same.

You can grab BioShock for $29.99 new.. same price as the 360 one

mywhitenoise said:

April 23rd, 2:14 pm

zombie, you’re seriously asking about trophies?
EVERY GAME IN 2009 IS REQUIRED TO HAVE TROPHIES. Stop asking.

MrBubblz said:

April 23rd, 2:15 pm

WILL DER BE ONLINE!!!!!!???? if yes den im buyin fo shiz my niz

Wookie501 said:

April 23rd, 2:17 pm

Will we still have a compelling story with the same rather basic mechanichs, or this time is it a complete flipside? Which aspect as a company are you working harder on?

mywhitenoise said:

April 23rd, 2:17 pm

please don’t add online or co-op. It’s totally unnecessary, and all online/co-op FPS games are the same.

OuroborosChoked said:

April 23rd, 2:21 pm

Yeah, I have some questions:

Is this game going to be all escort and protection missions?

How about the teleportation plasmid that was promised from the first game?

An inventory?